March 28, 2024, 05:09:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 7 1/27/10 - 4/6/11  (Read 323297 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: October 04, 2009, 04:58:23 PM »

LINDSEY BAUM
MCCLEARY, WA
MISSING SINCE JUNE 26, 2009
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 06:17:36 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 04:57:16 PM »

http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington/Reward-increased-in-case-of-missing-McCleary-girl-82818452.html

by KING Staff

Posted on January 27, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Updated today at 12:30 PM

Related:
Find Lindsey Baum

MCCLEARY, Wash. - The reward is being increased to $20,000 in the case of a missing Grays Harbor County girl.

Eleven- year-old Lindsey Baum disappeared seven months ago while walking home from a friend's house in McCleary.

The Gray's Harbor County Sheriff's Office says there are no new breaks in the case but they hope increasing the reward may bring more tips.

At a press conference Wednesday, Assistant Special Agent in Charge Ron Twersky of the FBI said the Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team will get a "fresh eyes look" at the investigation and will make recommendations for how the investigation should proceed.

"The work has been extensive but we just need that break and we know that break is out there so that's what this review and this effort is all about," said Twersky.

Baum's mother asked anyone with information to come forward.

"Our world is standing still," said Melissa Baum. "It's hard to stand here and watch the entire world keep going on because our lives aren't moving. We're just frozen in time, waiting for her to come home. So if you know anything please just come forward with a little bit of information because that's what it would take to bring her home is the smallest little tip."

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 07:22:56 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 10:35:15 PM »

here's the press conference video.. everyone watch it if you haven't already

http://www.king5.com/video/featured-videos/Police-FBI-hold-press-conference-regarding-missing-McCleary-girl-82827387.html

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 11:40:17 PM »

Hi Sister,
I don't know how to bring the other post over to this new thread. Anyways, I long ago gave up on MB doing much of anything. I just really want the reward fund raised FOR LINDSEY. It is not her fault how her mother has handled this whole thing. I was happy though, to see MB out at the last vigil. I guess the news article that I read about Ernie from The center for missing & exploited children was exaggerated. I had no idea. I still think his salary is too high. I am sorry but that is just my feeling on it. Did you get paid when you went out searching for the missing angel in your area? No. You did it out of the goodness of your heart because you are kind and care about these kids. I just think anything over 100K for a charity salary is over the top. JMO
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 11:48:21 PM »

thanks for posting that . . . very interesting.
Prayers for Lindsey and the fresh eyes looking at her case.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 11:53:17 PM »

Hi Sister,
I don't know how to bring the other post over to this new thread. Anyways, I long ago gave up on MB doing much of anything. I just really want the reward fund raised FOR LINDSEY. It is not her fault how her mother has handled this whole thing. I was happy though, to see MB out at the last vigil. I guess the news article that I read about Ernie from The center for missing & exploited children was exaggerated. I had no idea. I still think his salary is too high. I am sorry but that is just my feeling on it. Did you get paid when you went out searching for the missing angel in your area? No. You did it out of the goodness of your heart because you are kind and care about these kids. I just think anything over 100K for a charity salary is over the top. JMO

Sebastian, I agree it's not Lindsey's fault about her mother and I too am thrilled about the increase in the reward.
We will respectfully disagree about Mr. Allen.
Mother Teresa was showing a news reporter the leper colony which she worked tirelessly.  She had no fear of touching these precious bodies and warming their souls.  The news reporter said something like, "I wouldn't do that for a million dollars."  Mother Theresa was reported to have replied, "Neither would I."

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 12:22:31 AM »

Hi Sister,

Sebastian, I agree it's not Lindsey's fault about her mother and I too am thrilled about the increase in the reward.
We will respectfully disagree about Mr. Allen.

Mother Teresa was showing a news reporter the leper colony which she worked tirelessly.  She had no fear of touching these precious bodies and warming their souls.  The news reporter said something like, "I wouldn't do that for a million dollars."  Mother Theresa was reported to have replied, "Neither would I."

Mother Teresa, God rest her soul, was a diamond in the rough!
NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 09:31:05 AM »

Morning Monkeys and guests,

I too am glad to see an increase in the reward & the fresh eyes to review the case.

Glad too to see ANY kind of movement.

Poor Lindsey needs to be found. I think about her almost every day, it is getting hard as there are so many to remember now, and that is sad.

an angelic monkey

NCSunny

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 10:15:32 AM »

I'll try to move it over here.....stand by:

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 10:18:36 AM »

I did it!

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 12:00:59 PM »

I am so glad the FBI has taken a second look at this case FBI Assistant Special Agent in Charge Ron Twersky and CARDT (Child Abduction rapid deployment team) God speed, bring Lindsey home!!!!!

Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 12:40:54 PM »

I had read that FBI is also going to take a second look at some of the people they already investigated. I think that's fantastic!

I just have this feeling that since FBI is getting involved again, that they must have something specific they are looking into though.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 12:57:36 PM »

I had read that FBI is also going to take a second look at some of the people they already investigated. I think that's fantastic!

I just have this feeling that since FBI is getting involved again, that they must have something specific they are looking into though.
IIRC Jade ~ you're local? 

If so, have you heard anymore info regarding the latest search warrents served 12/24/2009?   

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/northwest/story/1005774.html (link no longer works)

GRAYS HARBOR COUNTY
Search for missing McCleary girl intensifies

The Associated Press
Published: 12/24/09   6:55 am   |   Updated: 12/24/09   7:33 am

The Grays Harbor County sheriff's office says deputies started serving search warrants Friday in the McCleary area in the search for a missing 11-year-old girl.

Sgt. Steve Shumate told KXRO more warrants would be served through the weekend in an operation involving the FBI and the King County sheriff's office.

Shumate says investigators have been following leads and conducting interviews that identified areas that may contain information about the disappearance of Lindsey Baum. She disappeared the night of June 26 while walking home from a friend's house.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 05:01:11 PM »

So I was over checking out the daily bookings at GHC Jail bookings (Thanks sunshine12 for that link BTW) and this caught my eye:  may be something may be nothing.

http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/info/sheriff/JailRegisters/RegisterDetail.asp?SrchBookNo=176583

SCHMIDT, CORY ALLEN Book# 176583 
ID:  772   Male,  Age: 32 

Visiting Hours For Class: MAX - Males 
Wednesday: 0900-1030, 1800-2030

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Booked  Statute:   9A.76.110 - Escape 1
1/27/2010 11:10 Offense:   PROB - Probation/Parole Violation
  Arrest Type:   WAR
  Charging Agency:   GHCJ-Grays Harbor County Jail
  Court:   SC1M-GHC Superior Court 1
  Cause No:   97-1-417-1
   Bail Amount:   $5,000.00 
 Disposition:   BBS-Bondable Bail Set
      Seq# 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Booked  Statute:   9A.56.150 - Poss Stolen Prop 1
  Cause No:   99-1-217-5
      Seq# 1

Booked  Statute:   9A.44.130 - Fail To Reg Sex/Kidnap Offendr 1/27/2010 11:10 Offense:   PROB - Probation/Parole Violation
  Cause No:   99-1-214-1
      Seq# 1

Bail Amount:   $0.00 
 Disposition:   PA-Pre-Arraignment

so I clicked on the ID#772 and this is what came up for priors:

Book-No Statute:   9A.44.079 - Rape of a Child 3
175713 Offense:   PROB - Probation/Parole Violation
Booked  Charging Agency:   DOCM-Department of Corrections
12/15/2009 17:10  Court:   DOCM-Department of Corrections
Released  Bail Amount:   No Bail 
12/22/2009 16:00 Disposition:   PRD-Released on Personal Recog

Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 07:00:29 PM »

So I was over checking out the daily bookings at GHC Jail bookings (Thanks sunshine12 for that link BTW) and this caught my eye:  may be something may be nothing.

http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/info/sheriff/JailRegisters/RegisterDetail.asp?SrchBookNo=176583

ID:  772   Male,  Age: 32 

Booked  Statute:   9A.76.110 - Escape 1
1/27/2010 11:10 Offense:   PROB - Probation/Parole Violation
  Arrest Type:   WAR
  Charging Agency:   GHCJ-Grays Harbor County Jail
  Court:   SC1M-GHC Superior Court 1
  Cause No:   97-1-417-1
   Bail Amount:   $5,000.00 
 Disposition:   BBS-Bondable Bail Set
      Seq# 1

Booked  Statute:   9A.56.150 - Poss Stolen Prop 1
  Cause No:   99-1-217-5
      Seq# 1

Booked  Statute:   9A.44.130 - Fail To Reg Sex/Kidnap Offendr 1/27/2010 11:10 Offense:   PROB - Probation/Parole Violation
  Cause No:   99-1-214-1
      Seq# 1

Booked  Statute:   9A.56.150 - Poss Stolen Prop 1
  Cause No:   99-1-217-5
   Bail Amount:   $0.00 
 Disposition:   PA-Pre-Arraignment

Book-No Statute:   9A.44.079 - Rape of a Child 3
175713 Offense:   PROB - Probation/Parole Violation
Booked  Charging Agency:   DOCM-Department of Corrections
12/15/2009 17:10  Court:   DOCM-Department of Corrections
Released  Bail Amount:   No Bail 
12/22/2009 16:00 Disposition:   PRD-Released on Personal Recog

Yes I am local, but I live in Mason county, haven't lived in Grays Harbor for 4 years. I don't know anything about the warrants, I just had heard that between 8-11 were released, but don't know who is being searched.

I will look further into the man that you posted up. No idea if he had something to do with Lindsey or not, but it's still nice to be able to see the faces of people who have committed crimes like that though, so that I can steer my kids in a different direction in case we come into contact with one. Though this one you posted kind of stands out, since he failed to register and was avoiding the cops. Makes me wonder if he's from a different area
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 08:52:14 PM »

Jadeoff, yes the way I heard and read it, they will be looking at ALL the people again.  Maybe there will be more lie detectors requests coming up!!!!!!

Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 10:55:36 PM »

Jadeoff, yes the way I heard and read it, they will be looking at ALL the people again.  Maybe there will be more lie detectors requests coming up!!!!!!

I'm just hoping that they will be able to pick up different body language from people, since when they started questioning people when the case was fresh a lot of people were shook up by the fact that a local 10 year old was missing, one which a lot of people have seen around town. And now that the community has had a chance to sort of become calm in the situation it's likely that if someone locally did take her that they will have different body language than before.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 12:10:59 AM »

I'm just hoping that they will be able to pick up different body language from people, since when they started questioning people when the case was fresh a lot of people were shook up by the fact that a local 10 year old was missing, one which a lot of people have seen around town. And now that the community has had a chance to sort of become calm in the situation it's likely that if someone locally did take her that they will have different body language than before.

Jadeoff, I agree plus what someone knew then and what the same someone knows now could be two different matters.  I hope folks form a line to take the lie detector.

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 12:16:07 AM »

ID:  772   Male,  Age: 32 

Booked  Statute:   9A.76.110 - Escape 1
  Cause No:   97-1-417-1
      Seq# 1

Seq# 1

Booked  Statute:   9A.44.130 - Fail To Reg Sex/Kidnap Offendr 1/27/2010 11:10 Offense:   PROB - Probation/Parole Violation
  Cause No:   99-1-214-1
      Seq# 1

Bail Amount:   $0.00 
 Disposition:   PA-Pre-Arraignment

Book-No Statute:   9A.44.079 - Rape of a Child 3
175713 Offense:   PROB - Probation/Parole Violation
Booked  Charging Agency:   DOCM-Department of Corrections
12/15/2009 17:10  Court:   DOCM-Department of Corrections
Released  Bail Amount:   No Bail 
12/22/2009 16:00 Disposition:   PRD-Released on Personal Recog

It looks like he has an appearance hearing on Monday.
http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/info/clerk/docket/rptcrimam.asp
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.