April 18, 2024, 02:00:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 7 1/27/10 - 4/6/11  (Read 324967 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2010, 01:38:20 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/lindsey-baum-missing-girl-fbi/story?id=10107104
Special FBI Team Joins Hunt for Missing Girl
High-Tech Tools Join Old-Fashioned Police Work in Search for Lindsey Baum, 11
By PIERRE THOMAS, LISA A. JONES and
TED GERSTEIN
March 16, 2010

The disappearance last summer of 10-year-old Lindsey Baum continues to haunt her family and her small hometown of McCleary, Wash., pop. 1,500. Now the FBI has stepped in, deploying an array of cutting edge law enforcement techniques in an effort to crack the mystery.

"To the person or persons who stole my daughter," reads an open letter Baum wrote to the kidnapper she imagines. "Please let my daughter go. She needs her family. I don't care who you are, I just want my Lindsay back safely."

Watch the full story tonight on "World News" and "Nightline" at 11:35 p.m. ET

Last month, ABC News accompanied local police and members of the FBI's Child Abduction Rapid Deployment (CARD) team as they worked on the case.

The task force questioned two-thirds of the town's residents. They also set up a massive command post with state-of-the-art equipment capable of tracking down leads around the country. An FBI computer database tracked leads as they came in and identified sex offenders who may have been in the area at the time of Lindsey's disappearance.

"Thousands of children go missing every year," said Kevin Perkins, assistant director of the FBI's criminal investigation division. "Many of them are runaways in family issues. But there's between 100 and 200 cases a year where it is a stranger abduction. These are very, very serious crimes that the FBI places a high priority on. There's no greater crisis in a community, and I can't imagine a greater crisis for either a parent or a community, then to have a child go missing."

The questions for the local police and FBI's CARD team: Was it an abduction? Or was it an accident? Where could Lindsay be now?

The model allowed the FBI to identify twelve new persons of interest in the case, inside and outside of McCleary, with at least two people of high interest.

Thanks Lovinlife.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2010, 05:07:49 PM »

Wow... looks like some good news here for a change. That's terrific.

For some reason, I still think this is a stranger abduction. That was my initial impression and I still feel that way. I also do not think this was someone from McCleary, but I could be wrong.

Some of my early impressions focused on Rt 8 and the Shell gas station. To me - this was KEY.

There has been a ton of investigation in this case... both by LE and online. There has been a lot of attention... and there have even been a few locals that have gotten an enema and still it's at a standstill. To me, that confirms it's not a local and a stranger abduction. After all this time - something would have been found to link someone to what happened to Lindsey if this was 100% local. To me, it seems unsolved because it is not local and the person is not on the radar.

I sure hope I'm wrong and the FBI is about to close this case with a major arrest or two. Personally, I feel it's one person, and a crime of opportunity.

Sometimes - crimes are just opportunity and in our zest to find a missing link - well, there is no link and the crime goes unsolved because of that very fact.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2010, 05:53:38 PM »

Thank-you for this new info  an angelic monkey
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2010, 07:04:58 PM »

wow this is great! I hope they are on their way to finding out what happened to this little girl.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #144 on: March 16, 2010, 07:52:49 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/lindsey-baum-missing-girl-fbi/story?id=10107104
Special FBI Team Joins Hunt for Missing Girl
High-Tech Tools Join Old-Fashioned Police Work in Search for Lindsey Baum, 11
By PIERRE THOMAS, LISA A. JONES and
TED GERSTEIN
March 16, 2010

The disappearance last summer of 10-year-old Lindsey Baum continues to haunt her family and her small hometown of McCleary, Wash., pop. 1,500. Now the FBI has stepped in, deploying an array of cutting edge law enforcement techniques in an effort to crack the mystery.

"To the person or persons who stole my daughter," reads an open letter Baum wrote to the kidnapper she imagines. "Please let my daughter go. She needs her family. I don't care who you are, I just want my Lindsay back safely."

Watch the full story tonight on "World News" and "Nightline" at 11:35 p.m. ET

Last month, ABC News accompanied local police and members of the FBI's Child Abduction Rapid Deployment (CARD) team as they worked on the case.

The task force questioned two-thirds of the town's residents. They also set up a massive command post with state-of-the-art equipment capable of tracking down leads around the country. An FBI computer database tracked leads as they came in and identified sex offenders who may have been in the area at the time of Lindsey's disappearance.

"Thousands of children go missing every year," said Kevin Perkins, assistant director of the FBI's criminal investigation division. "Many of them are runaways in family issues. But there's between 100 and 200 cases a year where it is a stranger abduction. These are very, very serious crimes that the FBI places a high priority on. There's no greater crisis in a community, and I can't imagine a greater crisis for either a parent or a community, then to have a child go missing."

The questions for the local police and FBI's CARD team: Was it an abduction? Or was it an accident? Where could Lindsay be now?

The model allowed the FBI to identify twelve new persons of interest in the case, inside and outside of McCleary, with at least two people of high interest.

Page 2

'Every Place Possible'

The FBI brought in profilers to analyze the behavior of persons of interest and to help develop a sense of who the possible perpetrator might be. Profilers also studied Lindsey's behavior and personality for clues.

"FBI agents who work these child abduction cases on a full-time basis can come in and they can quickly discern from the behavior patterns of those associated with the case certain aspects of things," said Perkins. "They can look at the subjects that might have already been identified. They can look at registered sex offenders in the area to determine where were these people, what were they doing? There are certain techniques that you use in grid searches that make sure that you look every place possible that this child could be."

Drawing on interviews, cell phone data, ATM videos and surveillance cameras from the day of Lindsey's disappearance, the FBI built a model and timeline of the day Lindsey vanished.

"Somebody saw something and somebody suspects something," said Melissa Baum. "Somebody knows something and they're not coming forward. I think that's my greatest frustration through this all is, I know there's somebody out there and for whatever reason, they're not sharing whatever information that they have. Whether they honestly don't believe that it's important or that it will make a difference."

The sheriff and FBI agree with Baum's sentiment.  While an arrest may not be imminent, police say the case is active and they are hopeful.

Baum said she remains hopeful that these efforts will lead her daughter back to her. She said she is constantly searching, praying and wondering.

"I honestly believe that my daughter's alive.... What kills me is she's out there itching to be home and she's not. And every day that goes by is one more day that she's missing. And I feel like our world is standing still and I'm afraid to move with the rest of the world because I don't want her to miss out on anything."

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/lindsey-baum-missing-girl-fbi/story?id=10107104&page=2

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2010, 12:29:53 AM »

I was distracted and lost track of time.

An overview of the Nightline special would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Good Night All!

Janet
9:30 PM PT

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2010, 02:37:58 PM »

Nightline was also on at 11:30 PM PT ... so I did not miss the Lindsey segment afterall.

The following video is exactly what appeared on Nightline.

Janet

+++++++

Go behind the scenes of a 9-month search for a 10-year-old girl.

Video:
http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/TheLaw/lindsey-baum-missing-girl-fbi/story?id=10107104

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2010, 03:16:50 PM »

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/88224357.html

Sources: Persons of interest ID'd in girl's disappearance

by KOMO Staff & ABC News

McCLEARY, Wash. -- A renewed investigative effort in the search for a 10-year-old girl who vanished last year has identified a dozen persons of interest, law enforcement sources told ABC News.

Nightline reporters were given behind-the-scenes access to the FBI's Child Abduction Rapid Deployment (CARD) team, which has been leading the search for Lindsey Baum.

Lindsey disappeared while walking home from a friend's house last June.

Investigators from multiple agencies have spent months searching for the girl, and the FBI recently moved in a high-tech command center to coordinate efforts.

Agents with the CARD team have been checking hours of ATM security camera video taken from cash machines throughout McCleary and the surrounding area, looking for anything that seems out of place.

They have also been checking cell phone records to see who was in the area when Lindsey vanished.

"We can start putting a timeline together," FBI Assistant Director Kevin Perkins told Nightline. "And we may see that call and a certain cell phone and, perhaps, our missing individual coming together at a certain place at a certain time."

The agency also has profilers and psychologists analyzing evidence.

Detectives from the sheriff's department are working with the FBI to check new sites that might be connected to the case, and they're also re-searching sites checked previously.

The investigators are also interviewing most of the people in the town, hoping for new leads and watching for unease.

"We're looking for the whole picture, but there are sometimes when you get a gut reaction or gut feeling about a certain individual or their reaction to your questioning," sheriff's Det. Keith Peterson said.

Investigators have talked with more than two-thirds of the town's population.

Drawing on the interviews, searches, security camera video and cell phone data, the FBI has built a model and timeline of the day Lindsey was last seen.

Lindsey's mother, Melissa Baum, thinks someone is holding out.

"I guess what gets me is I know aliens didn't just beam her up and take her away," she said. "Somebody knows something."

Sources tell ABC news that 12 people identified as persons of interest in the case live inside and outside of McCleary, and at least two of those people are considered "high interest" by investigators.

While an arrest may not be imminent, police say the case is active and they are hopeful.

And Lindsey's mom is still spending every day working to find her daughter.

"I don't care who you are," she said. "I just want my Lindsey back safely."
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2010, 11:57:49 PM »

This is what I am hearing.. it comes from a very reliable source. I believe it to be true.

I am told that one of the two high interest people looked at is Buddy Richards. He is the uncle of the girl who said she was hanging out with lindsey right before lindsey disappeared. This girl's father is loren richards... he drives a smalll white car(just in case any of the white car rumors are true, who knows on those) I am told buddy failed a ldt. From records it appears Loren is this girls father.

I was told early on that the guy (was told an uncle) who lived in the yard in a trailer behind this girls house had left town the day after lindsey went missing. I am told this person has never returned. But now I am told the person who took off the next day was actually LOREN, the girls father. I am told he returned the weekend of the golder search...but then took off again and never came back.

The richards live on Pine... this would make sense with the early on info about lindsey taking a different route home, and this would take her south and probably past mullins creek heading to pine.

when the 2nd witness showed up in the news, so did this girl saying she had been hanging out with lindsey right before she went missing. She had stated lindsey was her best friend, so it would seem they hung out a bit I guess.

__________________________________-

the other thing I am told is they searched a house last night. I am told evidence of some sort was found. I don't know at this time whose house was searched or what it was they found. I don't know if it has anything at all to do with the above info in this post. Trying to find out more.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #149 on: March 19, 2010, 09:25:23 AM »

This is what I am hearing.. it comes from a very reliable source. I believe it to be true.

I am told that one of the two high interest people looked at is Buddy Richards. He is the uncle of the girl who said she was hanging out with lindsey right before lindsey disappeared. This girl's father is loren richards... he drives a smalll white car(just in case any of the white car rumors are true, who knows on those) I am told buddy failed a ldt. From records it appears Loren is this girls father.

I was told early on that the guy (was told an uncle) who lived in the yard in a trailer behind this girls house had left town the day after lindsey went missing. I am told this person has never returned. But now I am told the person who took off the next day was actually LOREN, the girls father. I am told he returned the weekend of the golder search...but then took off again and never came back.

The richards live on Pine... this would make sense with the early on info about lindsey taking a different route home, and this would take her south and probably past mullins creek heading to pine.

when the 2nd witness showed up in the news, so did this girl saying she had been hanging out with lindsey right before she went missing. She had stated lindsey was her best friend, so it would seem they hung out a bit I guess.

the other thing I am told is they searched a house last night. I am told evidence of some sort was found. I don't know at this time whose house was searched or what it was they found. I don't know if it has anything at all to do with the above info in this post. Trying to find out more.

Morning all Monkeys and guests,

Thanks for this new info. What does anyone know about the girl, Buddy Richards or Loren Richards? I searched here and didn't find anything.

I thought Kara's daughter was the last person Lindsey was with. Was the daughter in the group that was swimming and went to the movies store, or was she also at Kara's?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just so frustrated with this case and lack of information, but am glad there are fresh eyes and new people involved!

NCSunny

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #150 on: March 19, 2010, 09:46:18 AM »

I also thought Kara's daughter was the last person Lindsey was with. Thanks for that info DD.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #151 on: March 19, 2010, 09:56:20 AM »

Interesting DD, thanks.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #152 on: March 19, 2010, 04:03:25 PM »

http://thedailyworld.com/articles/2010/03/18/local_news/doc4ba26b3d06540563333890.txt

Renewed search fruitful

BY JACOB JONES - The Daily World

Thursday, March 18, 2010 2:10 PM PDT

Investigators looking into the disappearance of 11-year-old Lindsey Baum say recent interviews with McCleary residents have helped raise interest in about a dozen individuals, but authorities stopped well short of calling any of them a suspect.

Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott said federal and local authorities collected vast amounts of anecdotal information during hundreds of interviews with residents, some of which identified the potential persons of interest.

“I’m not calling anybody a suspect,” he said.

Of the 12 or so people identified, Scott said two people were of “high interest.” Detectives will be closely examining their activity around the time that Baum disappeared on June 26.

Local authorities worked with the FBI in recent weeks to question McCleary residents living near where Baum went missing. The questions were suggested after a review of the investigation by experts with the FBI Child Abduction Rapid Deployment team.

“We’ve got a lot of stuff to look at,” Scott said.

Lindsey Baum went missing just days before her 11th birthday while walking a short distance home from a friend’s house. Investigators have found no evidence in the past nearly nine months to explain her disappearance.

In two-man teams, investigators went from house to house talking to residents. Scott said they questioned nearly 1,000 people for up to hours at a time, asking them about new details and any suspicions. Many brought forward new information or presented theories on what happened.

“Arising from the ashes of all this,” he said, “there’s probably a dozen people of interest and a couple people of heightened interest.”

Investigators were aware of many of the potential persons of interest, Scott said, but new information has sparked cause for additional scrutiny. He described them as a mix of local residents and others who may have been passing through the area in late June.

Scott said the results of the interviews were similar to other cases the FBI child abduction team has been able to solve. Local authorities are considering organizing a second push for information across a wider area.

“There was a lot of information,” he said. “It’s given birth to spin-off leads.”
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #153 on: March 19, 2010, 10:09:54 PM »

Thanks so much DD for sharing that info.  You know we are all hanging with baited breath waiting for that big break in the case so Lindsey can be found and brought home.

A fellow poster mentioned she doesn't necessarily think the person Lindsey left with was the one who actually hurt/killed/took her.  That was a new direction for me to think about and it does seem to fit with LE now saying that 2 of the 12 people identified are of high interest.

Also thanks for the clarification on LE's visits to the Nelson home.

Realizing that what LE puts out in the public eye is done for a good reason, using the media as a tool as told to me by a searcher, I'm hoping they are closer than we realize in putting the case together.  Isn't it funny how LE can say so much while still saying so little?     
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #154 on: March 20, 2010, 08:00:40 PM »

Here's a picture of Lindsey I hadn't seen before:

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/lindsey-baum-missing-girl-fbi/story?id=10107104&page=2

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #155 on: March 20, 2010, 11:22:52 PM »

FLASHBACK

Cops' Search in Lindsey Baum Case Comes Up Empty
Police Served Warrants, but Found No Evidence of Missing Girl
By DEAN SCHABNER
Oct. 4, 2009

http://abcnews.go.com/US/lindsey-baum-missing-months-disappearance/story?id=8744233

_____

Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #156 on: March 21, 2010, 01:58:08 AM »

FLASHBACK

Cops' Search in Lindsey Baum Case Comes Up Empty
Police Served Warrants, but Found No Evidence of Missing Girl
By DEAN SCHABNER
Oct. 4, 2009

http://abcnews.go.com/US/lindsey-baum-missing-months-disappearance/story?id=8744233

Thanks Tamikosmom,  Looks like things they are a changin' what with 2 people of 'high interest' now in the case. 

And MuffyBee, Thanks for the adorable photo of a happy Lindsey.  xox
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #157 on: March 21, 2010, 02:03:17 AM »

Thanks for the article.  It made me think one thing they have done now is to profile Lindsey herself. 

She had such a personality, rather outgoing I think, possibly always up for adventure and strong minded with the hint of a soft side to her IMO.  With all the different facets about her it would most likely attract a certain type of abductor.  I am so thankful they have done this as it might help them put 2 + 2 together or else make a match to someone they are already looking at seriously.  Ya Ya

xox
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #158 on: March 21, 2010, 03:55:20 PM »

Hold tight, Lindsey, we are looking for you.

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #159 on: March 25, 2010, 07:44:50 PM »

someone has told me tracking dogs were out and about around the rainbow apts and also around the street that Lindsey supposedly walked toward home that night

I have received some other info that is very encouraging as far as knowing CARD is really taking this seriously and is investigating thoroughly a person of interest... whether or not this person is responsible, who is to say, but at least we know that CARD is not fooling around and they are testing for forensics and in a BIG way... I'll give more details when this info becomes public... at the moment I don't feel it would be appropriate to say more about this...

what I can say is... I know of some other searches and what they took...I don't know if this is to prove something they think happened or if this is to eliminate something they were told, but they are going to find out one way or another...

one thing we do know for sure... they are doing things that were never done previously and they are doing it in such a way as to prove or eliminate... again, they are not fooling around.  things are going to the lab and things places are being searched.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.