March 29, 2024, 03:12:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 7 1/27/10 - 4/6/11  (Read 323338 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #600 on: June 05, 2010, 10:39:49 AM »

Police Hope New Video Prompts Clues To Baum's Disappearance

MCCLEARY, Wash. -- The Grays Harbor Sheriff's Office has released video to KIRO 7 showing missing 11-year-old Lindsey Baum.

Detectives hope seeing the girl's mannerisms and hearing her voice in the video may help jar someone’s memory and lead to a tip that will help find Lindsey who vanished on the way home from a friend’s house in McCleary on June 26, 2009.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/23784360/detail.html

JUSTICE FOR LINDSEY BAUM

KEEPTHEFAITH

Thanks for the update, KTF.  I'm glad this video was released.  Anything that puts Lindsey's name and face out into the public and the media is helpful, imo.  Also, by seeing the video, I hope some will think and realize Lindsey is a little girl missing, not just a name in the news.  Prayers for Lindsey and her family.  I hope she can be found soon.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Starlit
Scared Monkey

« Reply #601 on: June 05, 2010, 09:09:34 PM »

new search in disapearance in Lindsey Baum

video here
http://www.king5.com/video?id=95697559&sec=548932
Starlit
Scared Monkey

« Reply #602 on: June 05, 2010, 09:16:34 PM »

new release of home video of lindsey.

http://www.king5.com/video?id=95559854&sec=548932
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #603 on: June 05, 2010, 11:04:03 PM »

http://www.king5.com/news/local/New-Search-in-Lindsey-Baum-Disappearance-Case-95697559.html
(video)
New search in disappearance of Lindsey Baum
June 5, 2010

MCCLEARY, Wash. - The first anniversary of Lindsey Baum's disappearance is nearing.  Crews are meticulously picking through different forested areas around McCleary this weekend, using new tactics to find evidence of her or her captor.  Shoulder to shoulder, volunteers wield rakes, picks, even machetes.  They're looking for anything that shouldn't naturally be there.

"This is probably the hardest part of the searching part for evidence, especially when you have to go through all the brush as these folks," said volunteer crew boss Doyle Wenzel.  "Its amazing what you can find out in the forest that people have discarded. We found a safe earlier this morning, clothing, blankets, gloves.... "

Wenzel marks and categorizes every bit of potential evidence. This weekend's hunt through the brush around the Grays Harbor town of McCleary is a combination of old and new:  Volunteers use old-fashioned hand tools to search out areas defined by new technology.  Analysts sitting in offices have cross referenced computerized tips, GPS images and reports to narrow down the search field.

The lack off any solid evidence surrounding Baum's disappearance last June at least leaves hope that she might still be living. Yet, cadaver trained dogs also join the hunt for clues.

"In these types of situations, we have to look at both sides of the spectrum, " said Detective Ed McGowan with the Grays Harbor Sheriff's Department.

Just this week investigators released the only home video known to exist of then 10-year-old Lindsey. It was taken months before she walked home from a friend's house in June 2009 and was never seen again. Meanwhile, detectives still hope to find the two men shown in surveillance video taken the night she disappeared. They may have unknowingly witnessed something suspicious.

The search through the forest continues through Sunday.  More than 70 volunteers, representing at least five different agencies, are hoping their investment of time and work will ultimately pay off.

"That one little piece of evidence we find today, may lead us to solving the case," said McGowan.

Both Grays Harbor and the FBI have dedicated detectives assigned to this case. They will next analyze any evidence discovered in the forest.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Starlit
Scared Monkey

« Reply #604 on: June 09, 2010, 05:43:21 PM »

O/T I know this page is for Lindsey  but, i did find this on craigslist a girl missing from vancouver, wa recently if anyone wants to check it out.  Seems there has been no media coverage on her what so ever. Maybe someone can help set up a topic for her?

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/vnn/1782632429.html

facebook:

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/vnn/1782632429.html

okay back to the search for Lindsey!!

It appears Cassy Schroder has been found safe.  MuffyBee

« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 09:12:55 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Starlit
Scared Monkey

« Reply #605 on: June 09, 2010, 05:44:39 PM »

oops sorry heres the facebook page for her  http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=100234560026957&ref=search

This says Cassy Schroder has been found:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-Cassy-Schroder/117549408288529?ref=ts

The craigslist links have expired.
When I googled her name, I saw a link:
 "Cassy Schroder, 17, MISSING without Epi-Pen for Bee Allergies from Washington
PRLog.Org (press release) - ‎Jun 14, 2010‎
PRLog (Press Release) – Jun 14, 2010 – Cassy Schroder, 17, of Vancouver, Washington went missing on May 22, 2010 on a run to McDonald's to pick up dinner. ... "  I followed the link and there is no article, just a page with "press release error".

I couldn't find any follow up, but it appears Cassy Schroder has been found. MuffyBee
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 09:12:05 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Starlit
Scared Monkey

« Reply #606 on: June 12, 2010, 11:59:15 PM »

Today I attended  "Lindsey's Day Of Hope And Awareness" It turned out pretty nice. I even took some flyers of Kryon and handed them out. Hard to believe it has almost been one year since her disappearance.
sherip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #607 on: June 14, 2010, 03:09:37 PM »

Lindseys Day of Hope and Awareness

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A one year event to bring awareness to the disappearance of Lindsey Baum and other missing persons will be held on June 26th at Heritage Park in Olympia, WA. There is a full day of activities (2 pm to 8pm), speakers, concert, balloon release, kid activities and more planned for this event. Please bring your children, pack a lunch and learn more on how to better protect your children.

http://findlindseybaum.blogspot.com/...event-for.html

Printable fliers available here
http://lookingforlindsey.weebly.com/

For those that aren't aware.. Our very own Tricia will be making an appearance.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Looking4Lindsey
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#/g...d=232756400716
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #608 on: June 15, 2010, 06:40:13 PM »

so there is TWO "Lindsey's Day Of Hope And Awareness" ???

one on june 12th and now another one this weekend also? 

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #609 on: June 15, 2010, 07:22:04 PM »

Why are they having 2?
sherip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #610 on: June 15, 2010, 11:29:58 PM »

"Lindsey's Day of Hope and Awareness has not taken place yet. This event is for one day only and will take place on June 26th, one year exactly from the day she disappeared." We don't know what event Starlit is referring to but it was not an event for Lindsey.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #611 on: June 15, 2010, 11:34:31 PM »

Starlit what event was it? I think it is great there has been so much going on lately with this case. Please tell us all about it
sherip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #612 on: June 16, 2010, 12:39:37 AM »

No....Lindseys Day of Hope and Awareness is on June 26th, exactly one year to the day she went missing. June 26th is not this weekend. It's next weekend Smile And there is only ONE event. Please read the flier I posted. Or go read on WS under the thread titled "Lindsey's Day of Hope and Awareness".

We have no idea how someone went to Lindsey's Day of Hope and Awareness on the 12th and passed out fliers for Kyron. We can only think they are confused and talking about something else, bless their hearts.

Is there a monkey scratching my head in confusion icon here?
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #613 on: June 16, 2010, 11:11:36 AM »

sherip, I read it, be assured I do keep up on Lindsey case... always a method to my madness. 
I'll go back in my corner now. 

I'll be reading though, I too would like to know what event took place because I guess I missed that one.  was just trying to clarify?  thanks sherip for confirming there was ONLY ONE event. 

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #614 on: June 16, 2010, 01:43:08 PM »

Ok, now I am confused too. Starlit are you speaking of another event that was held for Lindsey?
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #615 on: June 18, 2010, 08:41:21 AM »

Ok, now I am confused too. Starlit are you speaking of another event that was held for Lindsey?

Maybe she dreamed she did it and meant well.  I dunno...I'm hoping she just posted in the wrong spot and was talking bout someone else.  Maybe she went to the LB Headquarters thinking that was it and put fliers out?  Just tying to give the benefit of doubt.  Hard to attend something that didn't happen though, huh?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #616 on: June 18, 2010, 11:21:06 PM »

I've posted this in Kyron Horman's thread also.

http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington/Missing-girls-mother-offers-support-to-Oregon-family-96688004.html
(video)
Lindsey Baum's mother offers support to Kyron Horman's family
June 18, 2010

OLYMPIA, Wash. -- Most parents don't know what it's like to have a child disappear.

Unfortunately for Melissa Baum, that's not the case.

"Until it happens to you," Baum told KING 5,"you don't have a clue."

Baum's 10-year-old daughter Lindsey vanished while walking home from a friend's house in McCleary, Wash., last June.

Melissa Baum recently wrote an email to the family of the missing 7-year-old from Oregon, Kryon Horman. Baum wanted the family to know there was someone nearby who could relate to what they were going through.

That was something she needed last year.

"I felt a lot more alone before I met with other families," said Baum.

Baum has not heard back from the Horman family.

On Friday, investigators began to ask the public for more information about Kyron's stepmother. She was the last person to see Kyron.

Baum said that does not surprise her. She said in the first days after her daughter's disappearance, investigators asked her to take a polygraph test. She agreed.

"I tried to be pretty open and honest," said Baum, "Because my focus was, don't waste [their] time. Find my kid."

Next Saturday marks the one-year anniversary of Lindsey's disappearance.

Kyron Horman's family has been invited to join Lindsey's loved ones as they mark the anniversary in Olympia.

Lindsey's friends and family will be gathering in Olympia's Heritage Park from 2-8pm Saturday, June 26.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #617 on: June 18, 2010, 11:22:42 PM »

http://www.kirotv.com/news/23956631/detail.html
Search Efforts Ramping Up For Missing McCleary Girl
June 18, 2010

MCCLEARY, Wash. -- Investigators are ramping up their search for missing 11-year-old Lindsey Baum as the one year anniversary of her disappearance approaches, said Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott.

Baum was last seen June 26 around 9 p.m. when she was walking home from a friend’s house.

The reward for information leading to Lindsey’s return has also increased to $30,000, Scott said.

Starting on June 21 and continuing for several weeks, Scott said, “The focus of the operation will be to again continue to interview people in the community and to follow up on information developed thus far in the investigation.”

She said investigators will also revisit particular areas where there are hoping for additional information.

“We remain confident in solving this case and ask for the continued support of the community,” Scott said.

Lindsey is 4 feet 9 inches tall, 80 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a light blue hooded pullover shirt and blue jeans.

Anyone with information on Lindsey’s disappearance should contact the Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s office at 866-915-8299 or send an e-mail to: soadmin@co.grays-harbor.wa.us.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #618 on: June 18, 2010, 11:27:26 PM »

Posting this in Kyron Horman's thead also.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Wash-mom-knows-Horman-family-pain-96700339.html
(Video)
Wash. mom missing daughter knows Horman family pain
June 18, 2010

Lindsey Baum, the daughter of Melissa Baum, disappeared in McLeary, Wash., on June 26th a year ago. On Friday, she sent a letter to the Horman family. Here is a link to Lindsey Baum's search efforts and an excerpt from Melissa Baum's letter. (When I clicked on "Here is the link" in the article I was led to : http://lindseybaum.com/

I know there is absolutely nothing that I can say or do to take away the heartache and pure anguish you are feeling, so I won't insult you with an attempt to do so.

I will only say how truly sorry I am that you have been forced to join a club that shouldn't even exist.It's a club of heartbroken and forever changed parents whose children have been stolen away from them.

Although, nothing anyone can say short of "We found him, he's alive and safe" can possibly comfort you; I found for myself that it does help in some way to know, speak to or meet others who have or are going through the same ordeal. I think because they are the only ones on earth that could possible know or understand what you are going though.

I am praying that Kyron just wondered off somewhere and will be found safely, and don't let ANYONE tell you that isn't likely or spit "statistics" at you.

Whether that is what has happened or not, never give up hope, and determination to find your son.  I have found through all of this that my faith is strong, it has been tested daily just getting out of bed but it is there and what has kept me going. Without it, I don't think I would still be here typing the email to you now.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #619 on: June 22, 2010, 10:20:00 PM »

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/6420ap_wa_missing_mcleary_girl.html
1 year since 10-year-old McCleary girl disappeared
Updated 6/21/10

MCCLEARY, Wash. -- On Saturday it will be one year since 10-year-old Lindsey Baum started walking home from a friend's home and disappeared from the streets of McCleary.

KXRO reports the Grays Harbor County sheriff's office is making another push for clues - revisiting areas of interest and re-interviewing witnesses.

The reward for information about her disappearance has increased to $30,000.

The Olympian reports an observance, "Lindsey's Day of Hope and Awareness For The Missing," is scheduled for Saturday afternoon at Heritage Park in Olympia.

(with information from KXRO-AM, The Olympian)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.