April 19, 2024, 01:19:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 7 1/27/10 - 4/6/11  (Read 325056 times)
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #740 on: September 08, 2010, 09:22:12 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/vanished-lindsey-baum-case-heartbreaking-family-frustrating-police/story?id=11582168
(Video at above link)
Vanished: Lindsey Baum Case Heartbreaking for Family, Frustrating for Police
Authorities Hoping Surveillance Video Will Bring Leads on Case of 10-Year-Old Who Disappeared Blocks From Home
September 8, 2010

After thousands of tips  and just as many dashed hopes, police in Washington state are using a year-old surveillance video to try to track down anyone who may have information about the disappearance of 10-year-old Lindsey Baum.
The frustrating case has hit one dead-end after another, but authorities say they're waiting for that one piece of information that will lead to an answer.

"That piece of information that someone may have that to them is completely meaningless, that's going to be the one little nugget that will unravel this mystery," said Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott.
The surveillance video, recently released to the public, shows two men -- one in a plaid shirt, another with a young boy -- that the police are hoping to talk to. They were at the Shell gas station around the time that Lindsey vanished on her way home from a friend's house in June 2009.

It was a mile-and-a-half-long route she'd taken nearly every day. A woman who drove her car down the street made eye contact with Lindsey just a few blocks from the little girl's McCleary home. But she never made it.

"I know somebody took her," Lindsey's mother, Melissa Baum, said. "I believe it was somebody she knew or thought she could trust. Meaning somebody she would see as safe."
Baum said she has walked the route her daughter took that night hundreds of times.

"I want to feel her," she said.

"To the person who took my daughter -- if they're a parent and they have any idea what a parents love feels like," Baum said, crying, "I just have to appeal to their heart and to their morals and stop this."

Lindsey's disappearance has hit many hard in this tiny town. Her best friend Michaela Kampen, whose house Lindsey had visited the night she vanished, said she watched her friend leave that night, just like she had dozens of times before.

"She said she has to go and I got up and opened the door for her and I watched her walk past that pole," she said, indicated a spot near her house. "That was the last time I saw her."
No Arrests or Sign of Lindsey Baum After More Than 4,000 Tips, 30 Persons of Interest

Michaela, who described her best friend as "very sweet" with a "loud voice," said she sometimes thinks she sees Lindsey in the street, but it's never her.

"I see someone and they look like a completely different person. They don't look the same," she said, blinking back tears. "They look exactly like Lindsey and then I blink and she's not there anymore."

More than 100 law enforcement agents have hunted for Lindsey with dogs, horses and helicopters. Specialized search teams have been called in and neighbors have been questioned, some of them multiple times.
Over the summer, police and the FBI took a closer look at a 47-year-old man they said had numerous inconsistencies in his story. In July, they searched his car, his home and a storage unit, taking with them several items. Though the man, whose name police declined to release, was added to the list of 30 persons of interest, there still has been no arrest.

"I am never going to stop and I'm not going to let this drop. Ever," Baum said. "And when my time's over, I'll haunt them from my grave."

Thank you Muffy, I was just getting ready to post this and I'm glad you jumped a step ahead of me.
Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #741 on: September 08, 2010, 09:24:54 PM »

More on Karma's post. Thank you for sharing with us. This is what I found.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38888091/ns/local_news-seattle_wa/

By OWEN LEI / KING 5 News
KING5
updated 8/28/2010 2:15:14 AM ET

WHIDBEY ISLAND, Wash. – A human foot was found washed up on the east side of central Whidbey Island Friday.

"I have no idea what to think," said Scott Rosenkranz, who was crabbing with his family nearby. "It's kind of spooky."

The Island County Sheriff's Office says a person walking on the beach near Greenbank found the foot. A woman who lived nearby told KING-5 an older couple came across it just off a popular beachside trail and came by her neighbor's house to call police.

Based on the size of the foot, detectives believe it belongs to a female of juvenile. It's believed to have been in the water for less than two months.

What compounds the mystery is that this is hardly the first foot, or even the second, to show up this way in the Northwest..

In fact, since August 2007, at least nine feet have individually washed up between Whidbey Island and British Columbia. Only a pair have been identified.

"It's ah... yeah.. it's disturbing," Rosenkranz said. "It makes you wonder where it came from."

Detectives are checking missing person's reports and DNA of the foot is being examined.

They said at this time it's unclear if the Whidbey Island foot is related to the other cases. Most of the previous ones were in shoes. This one was not.

I noted that detectives believe it's the foot of a female juvenile. Whidbey Island is quite a ways north, up by Seattle/Everett area. The traffic that I remember going through McCleary during the summer on the weekends was a lot of people from up north going to the beach, camping, or the ORV park. I wanted to do a little follow up on what Karma had shared.

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/102178834.html

COUPEVILLE, Wash. (AP) - The Island County sheriff's office says it's receiving information from other jurisdictions about missing people who could be connected with the foot found last Friday on Whidbey Island.

Det. Ed Wallace says the Royal Canadian Mounted Police are sharing information about six feet that have washed up in the past four years on British Columbia shores.

And the Kitsap County sheriff's office has sent Island County information about a missing Silverdale woman and a Bremerton woman whose decomposed remains were found last month in Illahee State Park.

The latest human foot was found by a person walking along the beach near a Greenbank boat launch late Friday morning, Island County Sheriff's Office said.

The right foot was likely in the water for less than two months, investigators said, and judging by the size of the foot, it likely belonged to a woman or a child. The foot reportedly had no skin; only muscle and tendon remained.

Because Island County does not have an open missing person case, deputies are expanding the investigation to include outside agencies. A DNA profile is pending.

The foot is the eighth such find along the coastal waterways of the Pacific Northwest and southwest Canada since 2008. However, unlike the others, it was not encased in a tennis shoe, and as a result, investigators do not believe it is linked to the others.

The first three feet washed ashore about 40 miles southwest of Vancouver on the islands in the Strait of Georgia in 2008. The first foot was discovered last summer by beachcombers. Days later, a foot was found inside a man's Reebok sneaker. The remains of a third right foot were found Feb 8, 2008.

The fourth foot was found May 22, 2008 on Kirkland Island in the Fraser River, about 15 miles south of Vancouver, B.C.. About a mile away, the fifth foot - and only left foot - was discovered several weeks later in water off Westham Island.

A sixth foot was found on Washington State's Olympic Peninsula about 30 miles west of Port Angeles in August 2008. And another severed foot was found on a beach in Richmond, B.C. two months later.

Investigators thought yet another foot had been found along the Britsh Columbia shoreline in May 2008, but days later the finding was deemed a hoax when the content of the shoe was identified as an animal paw and a sock packed with dried seaweed.

A connection has made only among two of the found severed feet. A coroner matched a pair of dismembered female feet that shed up on the shores of British Columbia. The right foot was discovered on Canada's West coast, and the left foot was discovered six months later. Both were encased in New Balance running shoes.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #742 on: September 08, 2010, 09:31:10 PM »

jademoff - I'm hoping there will be something that turns up to get Lindsey found and brought home.  Someone knows something, and they just aren't telling.  What will it take?  It doesn't seem to be money, for there are and were rewards.  An attack of conscience?  Are some afraid of retribution?  Sometimes just a teeny, tiny little bit of evidence, a tip, anything will break this case open.  It's been so long.  I pray there will be answers and sweet Lindsey will be found.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #743 on: September 10, 2010, 05:49:09 PM »

Thanks to everyone for the updates and links for Lindsey.  an angelic monkey

Not a day goes by that I don't think of her.

Prayers for her Mom and brother...I cannot even imagine how they feel after all this time.

Plz light the way home for Lindsey - http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=FLB   

NCSunny

Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #744 on: September 27, 2010, 07:25:00 PM »

jademoff - I'm hoping there will be something that turns up to get Lindsey found and brought home.  Someone knows something, and they just aren't telling.  What will it take?  It doesn't seem to be money, for there are and were rewards.  An attack of conscience?  Are some afraid of retribution?  Sometimes just a teeny, tiny little bit of evidence, a tip, anything will break this case open.  It's been so long.  I pray there will be answers and sweet Lindsey will be found.  JMHO

From my understanding of everything, right now the case is cold, but they are still working on it. The two people in the video from the gas station haven't called or come forward. I have also heard that items taken to be further inspected by the forensics team from the houses they have had warrants for, are also still being looked at (I have heard that stuff of the Golder's is still being looked at, the stuff sent to the labl). So far while the case might be cold, they may have found the person already, and just waiting for a positive match on the items at the lab. I'm waiting for any news.

I came across this from the local yahoo news http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime/2010/09/27/tacoma-woman-charged-with-pimping-two-13-year-old-girls/

makes me completely sick to my stomach. I mostly put it up to support the trafficking that I had mentioned in other posts. I don't know how likely it would be in Lindsey's case though.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #745 on: September 27, 2010, 07:45:08 PM »

Thank you for sharing, Jademoff.  I'm hoping and praying for Lindsey.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #746 on: October 06, 2010, 07:34:54 PM »

I just got home and online but had a message waiting for me...

message was sent to me about 2:30 pst... wa, cali time...

was told this was happening at the time the message was sent to me, so guess this is about 2 hours ago...

the fbi is in town and the have some people digging up a canal or creek

I don't know where, but have asked, so maybe I will find out soon... or does anyone else know?

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #747 on: October 06, 2010, 08:46:51 PM »

I haven't found anything.  Hopefully DD will return if they get any more info.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #748 on: October 06, 2010, 11:41:14 PM »

I haven't found anything.  Hopefully DD will return if they get any more info.

I haven't found anything either -- I hope it is true that the FBI is in town again.

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #749 on: October 07, 2010, 12:27:41 AM »

someone else just told me that the FBI was swarming at the end of Momsen Road today...

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #750 on: October 07, 2010, 12:32:34 AM »

I just got home and online but had a message waiting for me...

message was sent to me about 2:30 pst... wa, cali time...

was told this was happening at the time the message was sent to me, so guess this is about 2 hours ago...

the fbi is in town and the have some people digging up a canal or creek

I don't know where, but have asked, so maybe I will find out soon... or does anyone else know?

okay a little more info on this.....this is what I am TOLD... but this is one of my main contacts who always give me info, so no reason to not believe them.

this is a section of woods off 7th street...i guess it dead ends...and this piece of woods is just about 2 blocks large and use to be a dump.....

they had grays harbor prisoners cutting down trees and clearing the area

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #751 on: October 07, 2010, 12:41:49 AM »

I have a little more info that I can't post... but I will say this...

I think they are really looking at something... not sure why this all came up all at once but I don't think this is just "random" searching... I think they have a good reason for searching where they are.  Hopefully, this time, they really have something that is leading them in the directions they are looking.  I think they are looking at something specific. 

it's possible they came up with some new info.  just my thought.  maybe some confirmation of something and it led them to start searching these areas.  I hope the heck they have something specific ...

I know this.. .I am glad to hear they are out there at the end of momsen... at least if they don't find anything out there, at least I KNOW someone finally went out there and looked. 

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #752 on: October 07, 2010, 01:15:00 AM »

this is a section of woods off 7th street...i guess it dead ends...and this piece of woods is just about 2 blocks large and use to be a dump.....

they had grays harbor prisoners cutting down trees and clearing the area

as close as I can tell this is where it would be... but I don't really know which direction the 2 block area would run... north and south as I have it on the map, or it might run east west out in that open area... but it does one or the other... so it is in the rectangle I drew... or it would still be right there in that area, only flip the rectangle horizontal rather than verticle... I guess there is some dump out there or something... and a canal/creek ??? according to the description I was given... but either way it is right there where 7th ends going south on 7th... and I marked where kara's house is up there where the little black house is ... so it is around the corner from kara's and then a coupld of blocks south... where 7th dead ends there... so basically this is just south of kara's house out in that wooded area...this is also down there close to loren richards house...

if we pull up a google earth map or topo map we can probably see more of what is out there.

To find me:
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: October 07, 2010, 09:16:44 AM »

Thank you doubledecker and thank you to your source too.  Hoping maybe this is the day Lindsey is found. 

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #754 on: October 08, 2010, 01:11:27 AM »

no more news today...

I wonder why there is nothing in the news?  Maybe they are trying to be quiet about what they are doing... but I had 2 different contacts tell me they were there in town, so I am sure it is true. 

I do know they are still investigating.  so they are still looking and doing things. 

I'll post if I get any more info...but for now I don't have anything else I can post..

I do know they are still looking at people and still talking to people though. 

To find me:
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #755 on: October 08, 2010, 09:22:56 AM »

no more news today...

I wonder why there is nothing in the news?  Maybe they are trying to be quiet about what they are doing... but I had 2 different contacts tell me they were there in town, so I am sure it is true. 

I do know they are still investigating.  so they are still looking and doing things. 

I'll post if I get any more info...but for now I don't have anything else I can post..

I do know they are still looking at people and still talking to people though. 

I feel better knowing searches and the investigation for Lindsey Baum is still ongoing, but I hope it won't be much longer before Lindsey will be found.   an angelic monkey

Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #756 on: October 14, 2010, 01:40:42 PM »

Found this in the local news

http://www.theolympian.com/2010/10/14/1403675/man-arrested-after-attempted-child.html
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #757 on: October 14, 2010, 01:53:25 PM »

Jade, thanks for sharing that . . . just shows how quickly something can happen.  Glad the Dad was so vigilent.

Jademoff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #758 on: October 14, 2010, 10:50:04 PM »

Another thing I found

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime/2010/10/14/searchers-find-other-items-near-where-human-skull-was-discovered-at-lewis-mcchord/
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #759 on: October 16, 2010, 10:43:57 AM »

McCleary, WA to East Gate Rd. near Rt. 507 on base is just 54 miles.

General direction map
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=McCleary%2C%20WA%20to%20E%20Gate%20Rd%2C%20Fort%20Lewis-DuPont%2C%20Pierce%2C%20Washington

just keep in mind there are many missing from WA...dating wayyyyyy back.

Originally published Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Skull found on Joint Base Lewis-McChord a mystery

Army investigators and police officers searching a heavily-wooded area of Joint Base Lewis-McChord have found other items near where a human skull was found Wednesday.

The Associated Press

JOINT BASE LEWIS-MCCHORD, Wash. —
Army investigators and police officers searching a heavily-wooded area of Joint Base Lewis-McChord have found other items near where a human skull was found Wednesday.

Lewis-McChord spokesman Joe Piek says investigators cannot not be more specific about the other items found on Thursday. The area is at the outer edge of the base's training center and about 50 to 100 meters from state Route 507.

Meanwhile, a forensic anthropologist is heading to Lewis-McChord to assist in the investigation. The anthropologist is scheduled to visit the scene Friday. The anthropologist will then examine the items to determine the gender, age and possible identity of the person. The anthropologist will also aim to figure out how long ago the person died.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/loca...dwritethru.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.