April 25, 2024, 08:03:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD # 7  (Read 397579 times)
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #780 on: October 25, 2009, 08:54:59 PM »

mizjay and Tevye thank-you very much for the advise. Everything is taken care of legally, I have power of attorney, he did say once a week he will eat at the senior citizen center uptown, which I thought was a huge deal  He is very clean and has things in order, though I do know it is dusty. The shoveling well that is pointless, he has been doing that forever, after the shoveler gets done, he goes out to finish  there are neighbors and friends that call and check in and he goes out to eat every couple of weeks with some of them. Thank-you all for the advise. 

Here's hoping for a mild winter up that way!   My father fired up his lawn mower a couple days after the yard guys had been there "cause it rained and he would go ahead and get the new growth"  Let go and let God I guess.
Good that he has such nice friends, takes a little of the worry away for you.
Your father sounds like my father. I guess that is all one can do, and now when he gets home he is planning a trip up to Michigan, but I can't stop him, I wish he wouldn't, but.....
Buy him a simple pre-paid cell phone so he can check in with you, and so he has it in the car with him. Get the simplest one you can, it will be easier for him to operate.

I think that's kinda cool that you're going to move back home with him.....but what about your family? I'm very glad to hear you have the legal stuff covered...that way if you HAVE to put him in a home, you have the legal standing to do so. (I confess to using that power to "help convince" my MIL to move into a home, I don't have the power, but I had the influence. In her case, it was very much needed...she's a raging diabetic with no self control and a powerful sweet tooth. Oh, yeah, and Alzheimers to boot!)

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #781 on: October 25, 2009, 09:11:41 PM »

mizjay and Tevye thank-you very much for the advise. Everything is taken care of legally, I have power of attorney, he did say once a week he will eat at the senior citizen center uptown, which I thought was a huge deal  He is very clean and has things in order, though I do know it is dusty. The shoveling well that is pointless, he has been doing that forever, after the shoveler gets done, he goes out to finish  there are neighbors and friends that call and check in and he goes out to eat every couple of weeks with some of them. Thank-you all for the advise. 
No Rose, it sounds like he has lots of people looking after him up there. That is a good thing. If someone shovels for him, he probably is wanting to use that as an exercise and time outside. So unless you are afraid of him breaking a hip on the ice, I wouldn't worry too much about it. He sounds like he is very strong willed, just like his daughter.    Nothing wrong with that, I am the same way. I think if he is agreeing to going to the senior place, that is a good start. Maybe he will like it and go more than once a week. That's what happened with my Grandma, she didn't want to be around old people, but she ended up enjoying it and going every day.
How funny she didn't want to be around old people, that's cute. My dad is afraid of the older woman looking for a husband    I'm like I'm sure you can handle that.
  Monkey Devil! My Grandmother also said she didn't "want to be around a bunch of old women looking for a husband". So I can see where he is coming from, good for him not wanting elderly cougars getting their paws on him. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #782 on: October 25, 2009, 09:14:49 PM »

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #783 on: October 25, 2009, 09:17:04 PM »

Here's hoping for a mild winter up that way!   My father fired up his lawn mower a couple days after the yard guys had been there "cause it rained and he would go ahead and get the new growth"  Let go and let God I guess.
Your father sounds like my father. I guess that is all one can do, and now when he gets home he is planning a trip up to Michigan, but I can't stop him, I wish he wouldn't, but.....
Buy him a simple pre-paid cell phone so he can check in with you, and so he has it in the car with him. Get the simplest one you can, it will be easier for him to operate.

I think that's kinda cool that you're going to move back home with him.....but what about your family? I'm very glad to hear you have the legal stuff covered...that way if you HAVE to put him in a home, you have the legal standing to do so. (I confess to using that power to "help convince" my MIL to move into a home, I don't have the power, but I had the influence. In her case, it was very much needed...she's a raging diabetic with no self control and a powerful sweet tooth. Oh, yeah, and Alzheimers to boot!)
I can see why you MIL had to go to a home under those conditions. A prepaid cell phone sounds great, he won't do it thought. You would not even believe what he pulled when we purchased a year long Life Alert for him, he lied so bad why he couldn't have it, then he had a woman call me to tell me why it couldn't be used in his house. She called me, and stated your dad has me calling you, but I'm not going to lie, it would work in the home, but he is so dead set against having it    We were not happy about all this, but I told him send it back to me, and then we will send it back to the company. He can lie like a rug, and it is difficult.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #784 on: October 25, 2009, 09:18:38 PM »

I am going blind or something is wrong with my computer. I didn't see you QM or the fluffy bird cartoon Norther posted until tonight. Anyways QM, sorry I missed you. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #785 on: October 25, 2009, 09:19:15 PM »

No Rose, it sounds like he has lots of people looking after him up there. That is a good thing. If someone shovels for him, he probably is wanting to use that as an exercise and time outside. So unless you are afraid of him breaking a hip on the ice, I wouldn't worry too much about it. He sounds like he is very strong willed, just like his daughter.    Nothing wrong with that, I am the same way. I think if he is agreeing to going to the senior place, that is a good start. Maybe he will like it and go more than once a week. That's what happened with my Grandma, she didn't want to be around old people, but she ended up enjoying it and going every day.
How funny she didn't want to be around old people, that's cute. My dad is afraid of the older woman looking for a husband    I'm like I'm sure you can handle that.
  Monkey Devil! My Grandmother also said she didn't "want to be around a bunch of old women looking for a husband". So I can see where he is coming from, good for him not wanting elderly cougars getting their paws on him. 
OMG how funny, my dad even claims he gets calls from daughters of some of these women to go out on dates with him, I just say, really.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #786 on: October 25, 2009, 09:25:48 PM »

Okay, I'm officially creeped out. In my living room in one corner are three shelves. On the top shelf on the right I have my mother's laminated obituary, her rosary and a cross. The cross is up against the obituary, this has all been like this for years. Yes, I dust, and I'm very fussy with my things and I make sure the cross is against the pic where it can't slip, and right in front is an angel, because my mother loved angels. I was in the garage, and I heard something fall, I yelled to my daughter who was in the living room what fell? She goes, wow, the cross is on the floor, face down. I said no way could it have, it is secure and it would have knocked the angel down. It was like it literally jumped over the angel and fell to the ground, that can't happen, but it did. And then my daughter is saying what she thought that meant, and I'm like I was thinking the same thing, but let's not discuss it. And my dad is now all freaked out also 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #787 on: October 25, 2009, 09:31:08 PM »

I can see why you MIL had to go to a home under those conditions. A prepaid cell phone sounds great, he won't do it thought. You would not even believe what he pulled when we purchased a year long Life Alert for him, he lied so bad why he couldn't have it, then he had a woman call me to tell me why it couldn't be used in his house. She called me, and stated your dad has me calling you, but I'm not going to lie, it would work in the home, but he is so dead set against having it    We were not happy about all this, but I told him send it back to me, and then we will send it back to the company. He can lie like a rug, and it is difficult.
No Rose, those Life Alerts only work when the person with the button WANTS to use it or puts the thing around their neck. One Grandma fell and couldn't get up because she was outside with her dog and didn't have it around her neck. Luckily she wasn't bad hurt, but she learned a lesson. Months later she broke her ankle getting her chapstick from under the bed. She used it then, just because she couldn't reach the phone to call my mom.

My other Grandmother wouldn't use hers because she didn't want to "bother" any one. 

I feel your pain about the Life Alert, BUT you could ask him to get a cell phone. Just tell him he can use it to call the police and report speeders, drunk drivers and kids driving crazy while he is on the road. I guarantee you, he will take that cell phone in a minute. JMO JSM 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #788 on: October 25, 2009, 09:34:02 PM »

OMG how funny, my dad even claims he gets calls from daughters of some of these women to go out on dates with him, I just say, really.
He probably does get those phone calls. I wouldn't doubt that for a minute No Rose. He is a hot commodity.  an angelic monkey

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #789 on: October 25, 2009, 09:39:59 PM »

JSM so you know about the life alerts and how people don't want to use them. I'll bet you haven't heard this one, he didn't want to wear it around his neck during the day because it would clash with his eagle necklace, and at night it would choke him to death 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #790 on: October 25, 2009, 09:42:40 PM »

Okay, I'm officially creeped out. In my living room in one corner are three shelves. On the top shelf on the right I have my mother's laminated obituary, her rosary and a cross. The cross is up against the obituary, this has all been like this for years. Yes, I dust, and I'm very fussy with my things and I make sure the cross is against the pic where it can't slip, and right in front is an angel, because my mother loved angels. I was in the garage, and I heard something fall, I yelled to my daughter who was in the living room what fell? She goes, wow, the cross is on the floor, face down. I said no way could it have, it is secure and it would have knocked the angel down. It was like it literally jumped over the angel and fell to the ground, that can't happen, but it did. And then my daughter is saying what she thought that meant, and I'm like I was thinking the same thing, but let's not discuss it. And my dad is now all freaked out also 
Oh No Rose, it could be nothing. Please don't be freaked out. I think your dad will be fine and if you feel like you need to go back to Wisconsin, then go. Seriously. If it makes you feel better, please go and if need be, JSM will go with you.  an angelic monkey

Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #791 on: October 25, 2009, 09:46:59 PM »

JSM so you know about the life alerts and how people don't want to use them. I'll bet you haven't heard this one, he didn't want to wear it around his neck during the day because it would clash with his eagle necklace, and at night it would choke him to death 

Hi NRCG ... I've been sitting here reading about your dad the last few minutes & I'm LMAO when reading this post ! 

But we went through the same thing with my dad, he didn't want to wear a necklace like a woman.  It can really be frustrating. 

Hi everyone     

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #792 on: October 25, 2009, 09:49:58 PM »

Oh No Rose, it could be nothing. Please don't be freaked out. I think your dad will be fine and if you feel like you need to go back to Wisconsin, then go. Seriously. If it makes you feel better, please go and if need be, JSM will go with you.  an angelic monkey

And now the weather just turned and the Santa Ana winds are blowing, I'll try not to be freaked out    I'm going to bed, see you all in the morning  an angelic monkey
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #793 on: October 25, 2009, 09:51:16 PM »

Sorry, I am trying not to laugh, but the clashing with the necklace is the best I have ever heard. He wins the prize. That is better than the one my granma said, if I am passed out, how will I push the button. 

Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #794 on: October 25, 2009, 09:51:56 PM »

Wow  I've never seen Zoeandme  before... I looked at the name, thought NR changed her name ... looked at the avatar, thought no ....  that was confusing  lol       

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #795 on: October 25, 2009, 09:52:37 PM »

And now the weather just turned and the Santa Ana winds are blowing, I'll try not to be freaked out    I'm going to bed, see you all in the morning  an angelic monkey
Sleep well No Rose. Your dad will be fine. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #796 on: October 25, 2009, 09:52:55 PM »

Hi NRCG ... I've been sitting here reading about your dad the last few minutes & I'm LMAO when reading this post ! 

But we went through the same thing with my dad, he didn't want to wear a necklace like a woman.  It can really be frustrating. 

Hi everyone     

What the heck, I'm telling you I couldn't believe that he would say all this to me, but since you and JSM went through that I guess it isn't so strange. I just thought what a great present and it will be so helpful if you need it. It is beyond frustrating, and he is so stubborn.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #797 on: October 25, 2009, 09:56:22 PM »

Sorry, I am trying not to laugh, but the clashing with the necklace is the best I have ever heard. He wins the prize. That is better than the one my granma said, if I am passed out, how will I push the button. 
Just FYI, not that my grandma was passed out from drink, but because she was diabetic.   I swear she would come back to haunt me if I didn't post a disclaimer here. She never drank in her life... except we found rum in her house when we moved her to assisted living. Really it was for rum cakes, but ten years later I want to know WHO bought her the rum.   

Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #798 on: October 25, 2009, 09:57:43 PM »

Hi everyone     

What the heck, I'm telling you I couldn't believe that he would say all this to me, but since you and JSM went through that I guess it isn't so strange. I just thought what a great present and it will be so helpful if you need it. It is beyond frustrating, and he is so stubborn.

I'm sorry I laughed, it was just the way you said it was so funny.    We thought it was the perfect present too.  Must be something about it that makes them feel old(er).  He wouldn't use a cell phone either, would get in his old pickup & take a road trip and scare us to pieces.  Maybe you can flat out tell him you're worried about him & ask him what he'd be willing to do to keep you from worrying.  Guilt trip?

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #799 on: October 25, 2009, 10:04:13 PM »

Hi everyone     

It is frustrating No Rose, and it was a nice present, but it also makes him think he is old. Heck if I had one when Josef broke my toe, I wouldn't have had to hobble up the steps by myself. But me being like your dad, I took Josef upstairs and went to bed so I didn't bother anyone in the middle of the night. 

One more thought and this is my opinion. Older people don't want to use it because it will send an ambulance straight out to their house if they don't answer the phone. For older people, that means they will have to pay for the ambulance ride and the ER costs if they haven't met their Medicare deductible. Like I said JMO JSM  an angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.