April 26, 2024, 06:38:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #27 10/15/09 - 11/10/09  (Read 415923 times)
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1120 on: October 22, 2009, 10:03:52 PM »

I believe that Drugs might have played a role in this also, but not like a pay off or anything, when drugs are used by that many people surrounding children, then there's alot that can happen, your attention is not on the children but on getting your next high, people that normally wouldnt be around the children now are because you put those kids at the bottom of your list, take chances that you normally wouldnt, and dont think of what might happen because of it.....I believe Misty either did something directly or let something happen because she wasnt aware of what was going on or who she might have mentioned where those kids were to, you can bet it was someone that Misty or her family had dealings with...

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1121 on: October 22, 2009, 10:07:07 PM »

I have two thing to mention regarding the case of HaLeigh and Somer, 1) Could we send the CCSO over to Putnam County to help out with the investigation of Haleigh's disappearance and 2) Maybe I just don't recall, but I don't remember the community coming out in such a massive effort the day HaLeigh went missing......maybe it happened but not to this degree, I just don't remember this amount of sympathy and people staying out all night looking for her, and then I remember the comment when someone went to search and they stopped at a gas station and were told something like " don't bother"

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
sugarBabies
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1122 on: October 22, 2009, 10:07:38 PM »

This case isn't moving, for whatever reason LE is treating Misty and Ron with kid gloves....Why can't the attorney general send in an investigative team?
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1123 on: October 22, 2009, 10:12:55 PM »

I have two thing to mention regarding the case of HaLeigh and Somer, 1) Could we send the CCSO over to Putnam County to help out with the investigation of Haleigh's disappearance and 2) Maybe I just don't recall, but I don't remember the community coming out in such a massive effort the day HaLeigh went missing......maybe it happened but not to this degree, I just don't remember this amount of sympathy and people staying out all night looking for her, and then I remember the comment when someone went to search and they stopped at a gas station and were told something like " don't bother"

With all due respect, the area that HaLeigh came up mising from is so out of the way that there isnt even half as many people in the whole area  as was in Somers neighborhood, but I do agree with you about the CCSO from Jacksonville going over to Putnam, maybe they could help find HaLeigh, maybe they wouldnt be so leanent with the players in this case!!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1124 on: October 22, 2009, 10:17:22 PM »

If they would have been there from the start Haleigh's case would have come to a conclusion by now, imo. I believe they screwed it all up from the beginning. IMO
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1125 on: October 22, 2009, 10:18:24 PM »

This case isn't moving, for whatever reason LE is treating Misty and Ron with kid gloves....Why can't the attorney general send in an investigative team?
I suppose we can hope and pray things are being done behind the scenes.
HopeForAll
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1126 on: October 22, 2009, 10:25:52 PM »

I think "everything" is about Ron and  and he regards everything as "his" including Haleigh as his property.
sugarBabies
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1127 on: October 22, 2009, 10:31:58 PM »

I suppose we can hope and pray things are being done behind the scenes.
I suppose we can and I'm sure everyone is hoping things are being done behind the scenes.  I just feel like the case is being treated more like a soap opera than a missing child, and I highly suspect LE is protecting some of the players in this case.  I'm sorry, my emotions are all over the place about Somer.  I just want to shake the living daylights out of Misty till she gives up all that she knows.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1128 on: October 22, 2009, 10:32:18 PM »

With all due respect, the area that HaLeigh came up mising from is so out of the way that there isnt even half as many people in the whole area  as was in Somers neighborhood, but I do agree with you about the CCSO from Jacksonville going over to Putnam, maybe they could help find HaLeigh, maybe they wouldnt be so leanent with the players in this case!!

I don't mean as in number of people as much as percentages............was the community that involved as quickly as this one was, sounds horrible but I don't recall as soooooooo much has happened since then.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1129 on: October 22, 2009, 10:34:22 PM »

I think "everything" is about Ron and  and he regards everything as "his" including Haleigh as his property.

You make an excellent point which is exactly what I think was one of his main motivations of going for custody, that and to punish Crystal for leaving him, because if he truly does think that way and I think he does, she would have been "his property" in his mind also

[
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1130 on: October 23, 2009, 01:37:41 AM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/actionlocal/story/Haleighs-family-prays-for-Somers-family/RC4OMh68rEGoA5uutd7kBA.cspx
Haleigh's family prays for Somer's family
Reported by: Ilyssa Trussel
Last Update: 10/22 6:44 pm
PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. - As tears rolled down her face Thursady, Haleigh's great-grandmother, Annette Sykes, said she knows the pain Somer's family is feeling.

"I know the emptiness and the fear, the terror that goes through your mind. It's just unbelievable."

Annette and the rest of Haleigh's family watched this week as investigators found Somer's body in a Georgia landfill.

"My heart goes out to them," said Sykes.  "I feel really bad that they found her the way they did.  We hoped and prayed, our family, that they would find her okay."

Even though finding Somer's body was the last thing anyone hoped for, Haleigh's family says at least Somer's family has answers.

"You hate that they found her dead but then again at least they found her and we're still looking for haleigh."

Looking and praying while letting another family know faith will get them through this.

"Our prayers are with them, god give them strength and comfort and he will give them peace, he will get them through it," she said.

Thursday afternoon Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy spoke about Somer's family and offered his condolences.

He said, like Clay County detectives,  his investigators searched hard for Haleigh.

"We have searched thousands of acres of land, by air, by horseback, by foot, atv's, boats, waterways, we've used sonar and all kinds of equipment," said Hardy.

He says right after Haleigh disappeared his detectives searched every county dumpster and the county landfill.

"We tarped it, we covered it and we protected it and we had approximately 48 volunteers from emergency management, volunteer firemen and deputy sheriff's that went out there."

Despite making those efforts, Hardy admits some areas were never searched.

"We have 807 square miles of land and we have not searched every inch of soil," he said.

He says he is continuing to search for Haleigh and doesn't think it is too late to find her.

"There are missing children they are finding after 17 and 18 years that are still alive and that's where we remain hopeful," he said.

More than 5-thousand tips have come in and the sheriff's office is still hoping for the one that leads to Haleigh's whereabouts.

If you know any information about Haleigh, you can e-mail the Putnam County detectives division at haleigh@putnamsheriff.org

Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #1131 on: October 23, 2009, 04:14:38 AM »

I watched Ron and his mom, Teresa Neves, on Maury Povich yesterday. Somehow I'm not convinced of their sincerity. I don't want to sound harsh, but nevertheless I hope they find Haleigh safe soon.
NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1132 on: October 23, 2009, 05:50:55 AM »

Well, Im glad that the landfields were searched also, I have had nightmares of that dumpster that was searched, I just wish HaLeigh could be found and maybe with the new way to call in a tip, well e-mail in a tip, someone will try that....I doubt it though, looks like to me if someone wanted to give a tip, it would have already been done, but I can pray that they will.....

All these poor children and no one to blame right now..........it is making me really sick at heart and something needs to be done.......God Bless all the Children of the world and may they stay safe..
I can't and won't forget about that dumpster, that never seemed right at the time, and it sure doesn't seem right now either.

Morning Monkeys & guests,

Me too NoRose, ITA.....but what is bothering me now is the fact that while watching NG last night, she had the cadaver dog lady on again who, while talking about the challenges for a cadaver dog search in a landfill, they will hit on 'other things such as a feminine product, bloody bandages'...etc. then the alert gives the handler a general area in which to examine.

Now I had always thought, read and heard that they will only hit on 'death scents'. This is very confusing and if true, could explain the hit on the dumpsters during Haleigh's search.

I sure wish they would stay consistant with their defintions of what a cadaver dog hits on.

I again am confused again as usual.....

NCSunny

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1133 on: October 23, 2009, 07:10:24 AM »

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20091023/ARTICLES/910231004/1002?Title=Haleigh-Somer-s-cases-are-different
Haleigh, Somer's cases are different
Putnam officials say their landfill search turned up no sign of Haleigh.

By Lise Fisher & Karen Voyles
Staff writers

Published: Friday, October 23, 2009 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 11:12 p.m.
The discovery of a little girl's body in a Georgia landfill, which investigators have identified as that of missing Clay County second-grader Somer Thompson, comes as the search for another missing girl, Putnam County first-grader Haleigh Cummings, enters its ninth month.

Somer's body was discovered Wednesday in a landfill at the Chesser Island Landfill in Folkston, Ga., after investigators followed garbage trucks leaving the neighborhood where Somer was last seen on Monday. And while Putnam County officials say they also pored through garbage and visited the area's landfill, their efforts turned up no sign of Haleigh.

The cases involve young girls disappearing in adjacent counties, but Putnam authorities say it's unlikely Somer's kidnapping and murder are connected to Haleigh's disappearance.

"The only similarity was that these were two missing girls," Putnam County Sheriff's Lt. Johnny Greenwood said. "There's really no comparison between these cases - the scenarios are totally different. One girl (Haleigh) was at home in her bed before she disappeared, and one (Somer) was walking home from school."
Haleigh was 5 years old when she was last seen at her father's rented mobile home in Satsuma. Initial reports said the girl was at the home with her younger brother and her father's girlfriend, Misty Croslin, whom he later married before recently divorcing.

While the search for Somer has ended, the search for Haleigh remains a daily assignment for a Florida Department of Law Enforcement agent assigned full time to the case and the six-member major crimes unit of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

"We still hope we can bring her home safe, but right now we just want to bring her home," Greenwood said.

Croslin told officers Haleigh went to bed at about 8 p.m. and that when Croslin woke up at about 3 a.m. to go to the bathroom, she noticed Haleigh was missing. The back screen door had been propped open with a cinder block, Croslin said. There were no signs of forced entry.

Early in the case, officers interviewed sex offenders living in the area to eliminate any as possible suspects. They have since searched repeatedly for Haleigh in the woods and water, including the St. Johns River and a pond off State Road 19.

Greenwood said that like Clay County investigators, officers in Putnam County organized a search of garbage picked up from the area where Haleigh was last seen and a landfill near the Clay County line used for household garbage.
The garbage, collected from south Putnam County, where the child's Satsuma home was located, was gathered as normal two days after the girl disappeared. But it then was brought to a specific area where volunteers from emergency and fire services sifted through it. The searches are considered part of the standard protocol in hunting for a missing child such as Haleigh, Greenwood said.

Statistics compiled by the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children provide both hopeful and discouraging data relative to Haleigh's case.

For example, the center has determined that more children now are being returned safely to their homes than at any other time in U.S. history, with the recovery rate rising from 62 percent in 1990 to 96 percent in 2008.

However, the center's staff also points to a study that showed while murders of abducted children are rare, about 100 incidents happen in the U.S. annually, and 76.2 percent of the abducted children who are killed are dead within three hours of being taken.
A recent study often referred to by the center also shows that children are 3.5 times more likely to be abducted by a family member than by a non-family member.

In recent months, the focus of the investigation into Haleigh's disappearance has shifted from a possible stranger abduction to questioning people related to or acquainted with Haleigh. Investigators have said the girl's biological parents are not suspects.

Investigators have begun taking a second look at everything in the case - double-checking to make certain nothing has been overlooked.

"We are still getting a few tips, but not many," Greenwood said. "The main thing we are getting as far as tips now are people's opinions, and there is not really much you can do with someone's opinions."

Greenwood said he also is getting what investigators refer to as psychic tips, tips that may begin with the phrase "I had a dream that Haleigh is ..." and then give a location.

Greenwood said investigators still believe what they believed the day Haleigh was reported missing. "There are people out there - at least one person out there - who knows what has happened to her," Greenwood said. "Now it's a matter of someone slipping up - or wanting to say what happened - that will help solve this case."
The Sheriff's Office has a new e-mail address for people to forward tips to at haleigh@putnamsheriff.org, Greenwood said. Callers still can phone 1-888-277-8477.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1134 on: October 23, 2009, 08:18:44 AM »

Haleigh's Great Grandmother Reacts to Somer Case

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=147059&catid=3

Heart
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1135 on: October 23, 2009, 09:40:11 AM »

Well, Im glad that the landfields were searched also, I have had nightmares of that dumpster that was searched, I just wish HaLeigh could be found and maybe with the new way to call in a tip, well e-mail in a tip, someone will try that....I doubt it though, looks like to me if someone wanted to give a tip, it would have already been done, but I can pray that they will.....

All these poor children and no one to blame right now..........it is making me really sick at heart and something needs to be done.......God Bless all the Children of the world and may they stay safe..
I can't and won't forget about that dumpster, that never seemed right at the time, and it sure doesn't seem right now either.

Morning Monkeys & guests,

Me too NoRose, ITA.....but what is bothering me now is the fact that while watching NG last night, she had the cadaver dog lady on again who, while talking about the challenges for a cadaver dog search in a landfill, they will hit on 'other things such as a feminine product, bloody bandages'...etc. then the alert gives the handler a general area in which to examine.

Now I had always thought, read and heard that they will only hit on 'death scents'. This is very confusing and if true, could explain the hit on the dumpsters during Haleigh's search.

I sure wish they would stay consistant with their defintions of what a cadaver dog hits on.

I again am confused again as usual.....
I am very confused about that also, what does a cadaver dog really do? I had always thought they were brought out to look for a deceased body, not feminine products or bloody bandages.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1136 on: October 23, 2009, 09:55:50 AM »

also, whoever said "don't bother" was saying don't bother to look for Haleigh who was a missing child? how rude is that? no matter what her parents did or did not do or were involved in, Haleigh is still a missing innocent child..I look at the person who said "don't bother" with disdain if that is indeed true that it was said...
I seem to remember that there was a lot of support for the family of Haleigh at the time that she went missing...lots at the vigils and lots in the are where the families had set up their tents...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1137 on: October 23, 2009, 09:56:50 AM »

should have said "area" not are where the tents were set up...sorry..

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1138 on: October 23, 2009, 10:47:22 AM »

That was a horrible thing to say, OMG the child is 5 years old, who cares about the parents at a time like that. Same with Lindsey's case, seems people aren't to fond of the mom, and don't want to bother.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1139 on: October 23, 2009, 10:52:17 AM »

That was a horrible thing to say, OMG the child is 5 years old, who cares about the parents at a time like that. Same with Lindsey's case, seems people aren't to fond of the mom, and don't want to bother.

I know...don't get any of that...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.