April 19, 2024, 01:18:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #27 10/15/09 - 11/10/09  (Read 415742 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1560 on: October 30, 2009, 10:26:21 PM »

from, 9th paragraph
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/The-search-for-Haleigh-Cummings/DBnR5p00YEyVxwGMBu1lIg.cspx

Most of the woods aren't walkable. Searchers needed four wheelers just to get through. In these woods, even the most obvious piece of evidence can be hidden by nature.

You would think someone would pull off the road and say lets search right here, it's going to be easy but in reality it's hard.

"In reality its going to be tough, at least the first 50 feet is going to be," explains Pottorf. "Trying to walk through there with the hollowed out sections, your foot would go in but your body would keep going, people were constantly tripping."

While searchers hunted for clues they were also worried about things hunting them. The woods are filled with deadly spiders, ticks, rattle snakes, cottonmouths and pygmy rattlers.

i would think if she was abducted, and this is the area, she would be found in,
the abducter, would be a he11 of a woods man, it is nice to know, someone
with boots on the ground experince, is looking

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1561 on: October 30, 2009, 11:21:24 PM »

I don't think that she is in that brushy area ....it seems that there would be some blood on the plants etc from brushing by them that would have been found early on by the searchers...JMO
sugarBabies
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1562 on: October 30, 2009, 11:49:30 PM »

I don't think that she is in that brushy area ....it seems that there would be some blood on the plants etc from brushing by them that would have been found early on by the searchers...JMO
I agree...her scent would have been all over and could've been tracked by the dogs especially if she was carried and it would have been obvious if they used used a 4 wheeler. JMO
sugarBabies
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1563 on: October 30, 2009, 11:57:43 PM »

Sad but true, they dont even know if for certain Haleigh came up missing from the mobile home or from some other location and so how are they suppose to find evidense when they dont know where to look.......I wish someone could just make Misty talk and tell the truth for once in her dang life......I dont know how she lives with herself everyday knowing that she could put a end to all this just by saying the truth.......she makes me sick!!!
Sadly I don't believe Hayleigh is with us anymore and now that Misty and Ron are divorced I'm not sure Misty will ever talk.  If Ron really didn't have anything to do with it Misty could be vindictive enough to keep the truth to herself to get back at him.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1564 on: October 31, 2009, 07:31:44 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/crime/orl-somer-haleigh-103109,0,340366.story
Somer found — why not Haleigh?
Investigators quickly discovered Somer Thompson's body, but factors explain why Haleigh Cummings remains missing

By Anthony Colarossi Sentinel Staff Writer

October 31, 2009
ORANGE PARK — Across the street from where 7-year-old Somer Thompson lived in suburban Orange Park, a memorial grows in the shade of an old oak.

Friends, family and strangers leave candles, flowers, prayer cards, teddy bears, balloons and short, hopeful notes: "You're OK now. God got U Baby" and "You are my Sunshine" and "Justice for Somer."

Profound sadness surrounds the place, but so does a certain sense of closure: Somer Thompson lived here. She is gone now. Somebody did a horrible thing to her, but many others loved this girl.

Fifty miles south in rural Satsuma, there is no closure.

In February, 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings' disappearance captured national attention. Now a billboard along U.S. Highway 17 flashes Haleigh's face every few seconds at drivers passing through town and provides a number to call with tips.

But unlike Somer, whose body was discovered in a Georgia landfill two days after she disappeared, Haleigh has never been found.
Missing-children's experts involved in both cases say the cooperation of Somer's family and her community coupled with some creative and aggressive detective work by the Clay County Sheriff's Office led to the girl's discovery.

At the same time, some say inconsistencies in the account given by the last person thought to have seen Haleigh late Feb.9 has hindered the efforts of investigators with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

The difference between the cases is one little girl being found and put to rest near her home — and a series of fruitless searches through woods, lakes and fields that have turned up no body after nearly nine months.

"In Clay County, they said, 'You know, we've got a little girl missing. Let's go to work,'" said Tim Miller, founder of Texas EquuSearch, who is familiar with both cases. "They've got a family that's being honest. They've got a community that's being honest. They got right in on it, and they just did a tremendous job."

On Tuesday, Somer was buried at Jacksonville Memory Gardens near her home. The discovery of her body has the community frightened, but also confident her killer will be found.

But in Haleigh's case, investigators initially thought the child had been abducted from the Satsuma double-wide of her father, Ronald Cummings. By mid-August, about the time Haleigh would have turned 6, they were publicly expressing doubt that a stranger had taken Haleigh. And investigators noted that Misty Cummings "continues to hold important answers in the case." At the time of Haleigh's disappearance, Misty Cummings was Misty Croslin but later married Haleigh's father. They have since divorced.

Tests have shown Misty Cummings to be deceptive when answering questions about Haleigh's disappearance.

"From very, very early on, we stated publicly there were inconsistencies in Misty's story about what happened that evening," said Putnam Deputy Sheriff Hancel Woods, adding that investigators continue to work the case daily, as they have handled nearly 6,000 tips.
While praising the team investigating Somer's case in neighboring Clay County, Woods said the two cases have many differences, and nothing at this point suggests they might be related.

"Obviously there are similarities drawn due to geographic proximity and the girls' ages, but each case stands on its own," Woods said.

Crucial differences
Though Clay detectives have received widespread praise for finding Somer so soon, experts say Putnam officials have done their job well, too.

"Putnam County [investigators] did everything right," Miller said this week. "Unfortunately they didn't have a damn thing to work with."

Investigators working on the Somer Thompson case had the pressure of time slipping away with each hour Somer was missing. But they were prepared. Several months earlier, they had trained for just such a scenario: a child who went missing after school.

They had started searching Somer's neighborhood quickly, including the trash coming out of the Grove Park neighborhood, where the girl was last seen walking home from school early last week, according Clay Sheriff Rick Beseler.
Continued here...... http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/crime/orl-somer-haleigh-103109,0,340366.story?page=2

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1565 on: October 31, 2009, 09:40:43 AM »

State ranks 3rd in missing persons

By Anthony Colarossi Sentinel Staff Writer

October 31, 2009

At times Florida can seem to be the national epicenter of reported missing children and child abductions.

The cases here gain national prominence and rarely have happy endings. After the media fanfare is over, the children's names stick out as sad reminders: Carlie Brucia. Jessica Lunsford. Trenton Duckett. Caylee Anthony. Haleigh Cummings. And now Somer Thompson.

The state does hold a number of unfortunate distinctions when it comes to measuring the number of children reported missing and, what some consider a related statistic, the number of registered sex offenders in the state.

According to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Florida generally ranks third in the nation — behind only California and Texas — for reported missing persons, most of whom are children, registered sex offenders and the number of "stereotypical kidnappings," the most serious kind of stranger abductions.

The numbers can seem frightening for parents. Florida had nearly 62,000 missing-person reports during 2007. And as of July, the state had 51,560 registered sex offenders.

The vast majority of missing-person cases end up getting resolved. Many times reported missing children are kids who get lost or are runaways, said Ernie Allen with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Many other cases involve custodial disputes. So of the roughly 800,000 kids reported missing nationwide each year, only about 58,000 represent "nonfamily abductions," Allen said. And only about 115 of those are defined as "stereotypical kidnappings."

Those involve someone the child does not know or has only a slight acquaintance with and who "holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom or intends to keep the child permanently," according to Allen and U.S. Department of Justice statistics.

The large missing-persons numbers in California, Texas and Florida may be explained by a number of common factors.

"You've got large, populous states. You've got magnet states," Allen said. "You've got year-round climate, and kids tend to be relatively more accessible."

The large numbers of sex offenders in those states "probably" have some correlation, Allen said, but he also noted that not all sex offenders' crimes involve children.

"The 51,000 in Florida does not mean they all represent a serious threat to children in the state," said Allen, who has called for a tiered system for delineating sex offenders.

Florida ranks behind 13 other states in the number of sex offenders per 100,000 people. Florida has 281 such offenders per 100,000. Nationwide the ratio is 223 per 100,000.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/crime/orl-somer-sidebar-103109,0,73629.story

Heart
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1566 on: October 31, 2009, 09:52:36 AM »

Happy Halloween, Haleigh and so many, many more kids should be out tonight enjoying, but sadly they cannot 
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1567 on: October 31, 2009, 03:03:31 PM »

Happy Halloween, Haleigh and so many, many more kids should be out tonight enjoying, but sadly they cannot 

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1568 on: October 31, 2009, 04:01:34 PM »

I was just thinking how children love Halloween all the candy and to dress up and let all the neighbors see them in their costumes....but for me this is such a dangerous holiday we let our children celebrate. This old world of ours has become so evil and mean..I just pray for all the children that are Trick or Treating tonite to have a safe and happy Halloween...when my daughter was small and that was 20 yrs ago that she went trick or treating I would dump all her candy in the trash  then take her to the store and let her pick out candy. Now having grandchildren I have double paranoia!!!!

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1569 on: October 31, 2009, 05:10:32 PM »

Putnam County Sheriff's Office

MAROUN   ATA
ORANGE PK,  FL
Booking Date & Time: 10/31/2009 11:55:10 AM  - Booking#: 09-04505
Release Date & Time:
DOB: 3/2/1950 -  RACE: W  -  SEX: M
Charges       Misd/Felony   Degree   Bond   Bond Posted
794.011-3   SEX ASSLT WITH WEAPON SEX BATTERY VICTIM 12 YOA OLDER   F   L    $0.00    
                $0.00

http://public.pcso.us/jail/bookingDetails.aspx?SYSID=757303&IMG=59730

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1570 on: October 31, 2009, 05:17:51 PM »

Man arrested for sexual battery in Palatka

Last Update: 2:00 pm

Arrested for sexual battery (Courtesy: Putnam County Sheriff's Office)

PALATKA, Fla. -- A 59-year-old Orange Park man has been arrested on armed sexual battery charges in Palatka.

Putnam County Sheriff's Office deputies responded to a report of a sexual battery at the Telstar Motel, located in East Palatka.

The victim reported that she met with a male friend, who was identified as Maroun Ata, at the motel.

According to detectives, when she refused to have sex with Ata, he pulled a gun on her and forcefully removed her clothing. He then forced the victim to have sex with him.

Investigators from the Major Crimes Unit and Crime Scene Unit responded and took over the investigation. Maroun Ata was taken into custody and interviewed by investigators. Subsequent to the interview, Ata was placed under arrest for armed sexual battery.

He is currently being detained in the Putnam County Jail without the benefit of a bond.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/actionlocal/story/Man-arrested-for-sexual-battery-in-Palatka/djDSFFiHEkeBvmKc5zHB_w.cspx?rss=1

Heart
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1571 on: October 31, 2009, 08:50:03 PM »

'blueberry' is a term not often used (drug slang) for Valium

dig out the kitty Wink I don't share mine lol
blunt wrappers maybe?
lmfao mama how do you know about wraps? lol
Hey i went to college too.... 
Um, i've read about this kind of thing.

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
strayze
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1572 on: October 31, 2009, 10:00:41 PM »

Putnam County Sheriff's Office

MAROUN   ATA
ORANGE PK,  FL
Booking Date & Time: 10/31/2009 11:55:10 AM  - Booking#: 09-04505
Release Date & Time:
DOB: 3/2/1950 -  RACE: W  -  SEX: M
Charges       Misd/Felony   Degree   Bond   Bond Posted
794.011-3   SEX ASSLT WITH WEAPON SEX BATTERY VICTIM 12 YOA OLDER   F   L    $0.00    
                $0.00

http://public.pcso.us/jail/bookingDetails.aspx?SYSID=757303&IMG=59730

Yikes!!
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1573 on: October 31, 2009, 10:05:09 PM »

Hello everybody, Ive worked all day and have seen all kinds of kids dressed up for Halloween, I wish HaLeigh could have been here for this one so she could have dressed up and had fun like they were all doing, its so sad that she is having to  miss all this and the person that knows where she is wont talk and tell, God Bless HaLeigh,  she will be found one day and I hope if she is  no longer with us, then she will have something left with her remains to speak for her and show LE who is responsible for what happened to her.....

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1574 on: October 31, 2009, 10:14:02 PM »

Hello everybody, Ive worked all day and have seen all kinds of kids dressed up for Halloween, I wish HaLeigh could have been here for this one so she could have dressed up and had fun like they were all doing, its so sad that she is having to  miss all this and the person that knows where she is wont talk and tell, God Bless HaLeigh,  she will be found one day and I hope if she is  no longer with us, then she will have something left with her remains to speak for her and show LE who is responsible for what happened to her.....
So sad, we haven't had many kids yet, but it seems even that has been taken away from the kids. Trick or Treating was always my favorite and my kids also, so many things have been taken away from kids it is sad. And Haleigh and so many others should be out having fun. Depressing, and tonight shouldn't be 
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1575 on: November 01, 2009, 12:08:34 AM »

Man Arrested for Armed Sexual Battery
2009-10-31 by: Lt. Johnny Greenwood

Ata

East Palatka - A 59 year-old Orange Park man was arrested on armed sexual battery charges. Deputies responded to a report of a sexual battery at the Telstar Motel, located in East Palatka. The victim reported that she met with a male friend, who was identified as Maroun Ata, at the motel. When she refused to have sex with Ata, he pulled a gun on her and forcefully removed her clothing. He then forced the victim to have sex with him. Investigators from the Major Crimes Unit and Crime Scene Unit responded and took over the investigation. Maroun Ata was taken into custody and interviewed by investigators. Subsequent to the interview, Ata was placed under arrest for armed sexual battery. He is currently being detained in the Putnam County Jail without the benefit of a bond.

http://www.pcso.us/2009-10-31-a

Heart
HopeForAll
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1576 on: November 01, 2009, 01:58:05 AM »

I have stated once that I have a close family member who owns a business in PC. I am familiar with local rumors and facts in relation to Haleigh's case and other persons in PC. I am frustrated that I cannot relay inside info because it could endanger the investigation.  I can give you my theory as to what I think  may have happened on or about the am./pm. that Haleigh went missing.  I think Ron was in trouble and feared for Haleigh. I think he and Misty may have conspired to setup a fake abduction to spare her from real harm. Misty's fear of Ron may have led her to go along with this plan. There are many Cummings in PC and they are feared especially Ron. Ron has been to my relative's place of business before and after Haleigh's "abduction". I have been informed that he gives off very bad vibes. I hope that indeed this is what happened, that she is safe somewhere. I believe Misty is in serious danger as to what she knows. I do hope that this posting is not improper. I can backup this info if necessary.
HopeForAll
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1577 on: November 01, 2009, 01:07:05 AM »

I have stated once that I have a close family member who owns a business in PC. I am familiar with local rumors and facts in relation to Haleigh's case and other persons in PC. I am frustrated that I cannot relay inside info because it could endanger the investigation.  I can give you my theory as to what I think  may have happened on or about the am./pm. that Haleigh went missing.  I think Ron was in trouble and feared for Haleigh. I think he and Misty may have conspired to setup a fake abduction to spare her from real harm. Misty's fear of Ron may have led her to go along with this plan. There are many Cummings in PC and they are feared especially Ron. Ron has been to my relative's place of business before and after Haleigh's "abduction". I have been informed that he gives off very bad vibes. I hope that indeed this is what happened, that she is safe somewhere. I believe Misty is in serious danger as to what she knows. I do hope that this posting is not improper. I can backup this info if necessary.
name unknown, male citizen of PC. If your going to have sex with a woman from PC, there are 2 things you need to know 1. her medical records and 2. if she has had sex with a Cummings. Monkey Devil!
HopeForAll
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1578 on: November 01, 2009, 01:12:31 AM »

::MonkeyWhistle::sorry about triple post I'm still a newbie.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1579 on: November 01, 2009, 08:03:27 AM »

Welcome HopeForAll!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.