March 28, 2024, 02:19:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Illegal Immigrants - How many are too many? Is the system really broken?  (Read 1724 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 12, 2009, 09:31:34 AM »

Is the debate about immigration reform about people here illegally or legally?  I believe the nation is better for those folks coming through legally. 

Why should the door stay open and the mat out for those that break the law and come here illegally? 

How much less would taxing and spending be if illegal immigrants and their families were excluded?  How many more jobs would there be for Americans and those here legally?

Why isn't the Obama administration concerned with the porous nature of the American border?  The thousands that run over the border monthly? 

How much less would the healthcare bill be if illegal immigrants were discouraged from coming?  Returned home in a timely manner?

I do not believe the system is broken.  There are thousands that apply to come and wait patiently for their applications to be approved.

There are others that come and stay illegally.

Why shouldn't the government work for American citizens and those here legally?

Sometimes it seems like the government is for the illegals, and Americans and those here legally are second and third class residents.

Why don't Americans come first?  They only seem to be first when it comes to destroying their savings, retirement security, educational funds for their children, opportunities, and prosperity.

Why should foreigners and those here illegally come first?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 09:38:37 AM »

Other voices -

Why are these people so hell bent on giving away this country. Where there is no vision the people parrish.
BY shi_Light on 10/11/2009 at 21:14

Immigration Anarchy and unenforced laws areexploding the population of the USA with peoplewho are NOT here to become U.S. Citizens! That is why Progressives have now realizedthe implications for the future and are organizing againstIllegal Aliens and chain migration and for Border Security and not Amnesty! Progressivesfor immigrationrefo rm.org
BY Andrews on 10/12/2009 at 01:16

The Democrats naturally want to make all the illegals into legals so they will vote for them in the coming elections, but, what they forget is the misery they cause worldwide by families that scrap everything together they can to send in one relative in hopes that relative can then support the family at home with a better standard of living. They leave them to suffer robbery, rape, murder, hostage situations, living on scaps of food to exist and no one really knows the numbers that die enroute. However to the Democrats this is not important as long as they get in and get on the Democrat voting records. The SEIU has been appointed by the WH to help take the Census and the SEIU openly will count illegals to help swell the votes for the Democrats. La Razia who is close to Obama also wants the illegals counted but as citizens. Shall we change our language to Spanish?
BY Gene on 10/12/2009 at 05:47

Postpone it long enough to get the health Bill passed and them make them all legal citizens eligable for free health care at your expense. Meanwhile they get the votes. This is plain criminal and half the American public is stoooopid enough to buy into it. SAD very SAD.
BY Larry on 10/12/2009 at 05:55

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/62585-democrats-stymie-gop-efforts-to-pass-immigration-measures#

How many seats will states with large illegal populations get due to the census that includes illegals?  Seats in districts with many residents not voting.

Legislation that takes from prosperous states and gives away to people who do not contribute. 

We live in a nation where politicians are above the law and only citizens pay taxes.  Everyone else is on gravy train.

No jobs for Americans.  Just higher and higher taxes, no opportunity, no prosperity.  Just hyper-inflation and lost savings.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 10:09:39 AM »

There are a lot of good things due to immigration. 

When is Obama going to address Social Security? 

I've read that in Mexico, participants get contribution plus earnings.  Helps keep payments based in reality.

In some nations, if you want to retire in their country as an older person, you must prove you have the financial means to ensure you will never be a burden on your adopted society.

In some places, they consider illegals as criminals and deport them.  The children of illegals do not become citizens at birth.

What is the Obama administration doing to make some common sense changes to US programs?

It seems like adding more to the bankrupt programs, raising taxes, and strangling opportunity and prosperity is the only path they want to take.

When do Americans come first?  When does opportunity and prosperity go to the front of the line?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 10:19:25 AM »

"Illegal immigration is a very real and significant concern for our country," Vitter, R-La., said in a statement. "In the past, some states have included illegal immigrants during the census, resulting in the allocation of additional congressional seats. We shouldn't let these states be rewarded for skirting our federal laws."

Vitter proposed an amendment to the Commerce, Justice and Science spending bill that would ban the use of federal funds if the census does not include questions about citizenship or a person's legal status. The 2010 census form, which has only 10 questions, does not ask that.

http://www.dailyworld.com/article/20091012/NEWS01/910120301

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 10:23:31 AM »

"Obama needs to tell Democrats he meant no benefits for illegal immigrants"

When President Obama addressed Congress last month he made a promise. "There are also those who claim that our (health care) reform effort will insure illegal immigrants. This, too, is false - the reforms I'm proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally." Rep. Joe Wilson, South Carolina Republican, yelled, "You lie," which made that section of the president's speech a part of every newscast.

Illegal immigrants technically are not covered in the bill. However, the health care bill that the Senate Finance Committee likely will pass does not contain any mechanism to keep illegals from receiving benefits. ...

Democrats seem to think we can trust illegal immigrants not to abuse the system. ... Expecting those who enter the United States by breaking immigration laws to respect the medical ones could be described in another word: naive.

... Illegal immigrants already receive federal medical benefits, according to the Congressional Research Service, some of them illegally. Indeed, illegals do lie to get health benefits, and we don't do much to catch them. ...

If Mr. Wilson was wrong when he said "You lie," now would be a good time for Mr. Obama to tell Democrats that he really meant no benefits for illegal immigrants.

http://www2.highlandstoday.com/content/2009/oct/12/la-obama-needs-to-tell-democrats-he-meant-no-benef/#

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.