April 26, 2024, 04:05:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #826 11/07/09 - 12/09/09  (Read 489011 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #420 on: November 18, 2009, 08:49:54 PM »

Posted by Glenda/Renfro at RU:

I imagine Renfro has more time on her hands now with THE NEWS (English language newspaper) shutting down  Monkey Devil!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #421 on: November 18, 2009, 08:52:16 PM »

Looks like the hearing 11/16/09 (Motion to Compel) has been postponed until 1/29/2010:

Case Number: BC363201
DEEPAK KALPOE VS PHILLIP C MCGRAW

Filing Date: 12/13/2006
Case Type: Defamation (Slander/Libel) (General Jurisdiction)

Future Hearings

01/29/2010 at 08:30 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Motion to Compel (c/f 11-16-09)

05/06/2010 at 08:30 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Final Status Conference

05/17/2010 at 09:30 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Jury Trial
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #422 on: November 18, 2009, 09:16:35 PM »

There's another travel show this weekend in Philadelphia.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6538.0

Would a kind mod please work your magic on it and make it "bold", please?

TIA

I hope Natalee will be represented at the show to remind everyone that there is STILL some unfinished business that Aruba needs to take care of before Americans should book that trip!

for Natalee!   

No JUSTICE for Natalee, No TOURISTS for Aruba!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #423 on: November 18, 2009, 09:20:08 PM »

Looks like the hearing 11/16/09 (Motion to Compel) has been postponed until 1/29/2010:

Future Hearings

01/29/2010 at 08:30 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012

05/06/2010 at 08:30 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Final Status Conference

05/17/2010 at 09:30 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Jury Trial
HMMMMMMM, why do I get the feeling ONLY the lawyers (on both sides) are the only ones benefitting from 3 long years of postponements??????? 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #424 on: November 18, 2009, 09:24:32 PM »

Oh geeeeeeezzeeeeeee..... I haven't seen that Black-Tulip name since I gave up alcohol ... errrrr.... I mean since I stopped going to RU  Monkey Devil! That's a 'flashback' for me  I was addicted to spying on them 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #425 on: November 18, 2009, 09:32:07 PM »

Glenda and GBMW!!

Why am I not surprised?

Thanks Klaas.

Janet

+++++++

GBMW
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #750 5/2 -
« Reply #264 on: May 05, 2008, 11:42:15 AM »

I'm also not that convinced about the involvement of the Kalpoe Brothers or the huge cover up as most SM posters are. Neither do I believe that Peter, Joran & Patrick worked together...that the confessions how was a cover up...and I'm not for a boycott.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2819.msg378915#msg378915

GBMW
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #758 6/14 -
« Reply #821 on: June 18, 2008, 05:28:07 PM »

I don't think the Dutch & Aruban officials are that corrupt.....I do believe they are doing the best they can. Of course not all of them...dishonest people are everywhere.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2918.msg390863#msg390863

GBMW
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #751 5/8 -
« Reply #815 on: May 15, 2008, 10:01:20 AM »

Beth hasn't been an angel in this case....100% understandable and I don't blame her...but it doesn't mean innocent people didn't get hurt enormously because of her.

I'm getting the feeling I'll have to go to RU and give a big fat apology for defending this forum.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2830.msg381577#msg381577

GBMW
Re: THE KALPOE'S INVOLVEMENT
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2008, 12:05:48 AM »

Kick Charlierat in his nuts? Sorry...I like him so your thanks is a bit premature.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2823.msg391009#msg391009

GBMW
Re: THE KALPOE'S INVOLVEMENT
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2008, 12:57:23 PM »

Why would I dislike him (Charlierat)? I don't know him that well and I don't always agree with his posts or the way he posts but he's been nothing but kind to me.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2823.msg391175#msg391175

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #426 on: November 18, 2009, 09:55:10 PM »

GBMW's statements are TAME compared to the words and/or DEEDS of Julia Renfro aka Glenda.

It would be a cold (freezing) day in hell before I'd ever even give the appearance of upholding Julia Renfro!

JMO

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #427 on: November 18, 2009, 09:59:58 PM »

Janet,
I am not sure that I am reading it right, but I think it is you and Renfro who are on the same page.

Both of you think Peter R. DeVries is a fraud.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #428 on: November 18, 2009, 10:02:02 PM »

Future Hearings

Final Status Conference

Jury Trial

Thanks Klaas

Could it be that the disputed segment of the Phil McGraw recording of Jamie Skeeters' interview with Deepak in regards to whether or not it was "edited" or "manipulated" is the holdup.  If the recording cannot stand alone as evidence that no defamation against the Kalpoes occurred ... then case documentation from Aruba is required.

According to the Kalpoes' representation ... the distancing of Deepak and Satish by Joran van der Sloot in the Range Rover confession could present a problem for Phil McGraw.  Could it be that case documentation that supports McGraw's contention that the Kalpoes were not defamed on his show can now be legally withheld under Dutch law by Aruba?

Obviously ... there are legal reasons that this case has not been dismissed.  In February, 2008 ... the judge gave the Kalpoes' representatives FIVE DAYS to come up with the requested documents.

Janet

++++++

Feb 6, 2008 5:00 am US/Pacific
Former Holloway Suspects Can Sue Dr. Phil

A judge refused to dismiss a defamation suit Tuesday against CBS and television psychologist "Dr. Phil" McGraw brought by two brothers who were questioned in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

William Cremer, the lead attorney for Surinamese brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, praised the decision by Superior Court Judge Edward A. Ferns.

"I'm going to take Dr. Phil down," he said outside the courtroom.

The ruling came a day after ABC's "20/20" aired a secretly recorded conversation involving Joran Van der Sloot, who also has been interrogated by Aruban authorities on Holloway's May 2005 disappearance. In the tape, Van der Sloot claims that Holloway died on the beach while they were kissing, and that he tried to revive her but failed. He said that the teen's body was dumped in the ocean and that it would never be found.

Joseph Tacopina, a lawyer for Van der Sloot, said that his client was not responsible for the Alabama teenager's death and that the tapes do not amount to a confession. Last week, Van der Sloot said he was lying in those conversations and denied that he had anything to do with Holloway's disappearance.

The Kalpoes, who have maintained they had nothing to do with Holloway's disappearance, sued in December 2006, claiming the "Dr. Phil" talk show altered portions of a taped conversation between Deepak Kalpoe and a private investigator to "create false, incriminating, and defamatory statements that the plaintiffs engaged in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway."

The brothers also contend the TV show implied they helped kill Holloway and got rid of her body. Their suit claims defamation, invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy.

Cremer said the taped remarks by Van der Sloot, which were secretly recorded by a Dutch crime reporter, help his clients' defamation case.

"It pretty much exonerates my boys, doesn't it?" Cremer said.

In their dismissal motion, attorneys for CBS Television and McGraw maintained lawyers for the Kalpoes did not meet deadlines to produce all documents they have demanded concerning the criminal case investigation against the brothers in Aruba.

But the judge gave the Kalpoes' lawyers another five days to satisfy the document deadline.

"The documents are relevant to the most fundamental issues in this case," Ferns stated in his ruling. "There is no other (information) which can substitute for the documents sought by the defendants due to the nature of this case."

In June, another judge dismissed a wrongful death case against the Kalpoes by Holloway's parents, ruling the Los Angeles Superior Court did not have jurisdiction. The parents maintained the brothers conceded jurisdiction when they sued CBS and McGraw in Los Angeles.

http://cbs2.com/entertainment/doctor.phil.mcgraw.2.647163.html

SUPERIOR COURT OF CALIFORNIA, COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES

04/29/09

Honorable Edward A. Fernes

Page 14:  To the extent that the Dr. Phil Show Defendants can be shown to have been negligent or reckless in the way they edited the show and thus potentially liable, there is no competent showing the Defendant Skeeter was so involved.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/kalpoedrphil050609awm.pdf

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #429 on: November 18, 2009, 10:17:05 PM »

Janet,
I am not sure that I am reading it right, but I think it is you and Renfro who are on the same page.

So does San.  So Does Carpe.  So does ...

Magnolia ... both you and GBMW do not believe the Range Rover recordings were a hoax and ... GBMW upholds the Kalpoes ... Paulus ... the investigation and ... charlierat while ... undermining Beth Holloway.  However ... GBMW is a believer in Peter Devries and the Range Rover confession.

Magnolia ... there has been differences of opinion/suspicions encompassing the Range Rover recordings since the getgo.

GBMW's last post on Scared Monkeys was the result of San and her regarding their respective position on this issue.

Janet

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #430 on: November 18, 2009, 10:18:32 PM »

Posted by Glenda/Renfro at RU:

I imagine Renfro has more time on her hands now with THE NEWS (English language newspaper) shutting down  Monkey Devil!

Monkey Devil!

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #431 on: November 18, 2009, 10:21:10 PM »

Janet,

Magnolia ... both you and GBMW do not believe the Range Rover recordings were a hoax and ... GBMW upholds the Kalpoes ... Paulus ... the investigation and ... charlierat while ... undermining Beth Holloway.  However ... GBMW is a believer in Peter Devries and the Range Rover confession.

Magnolia ... there has been differences of opinion/suspicions encompassing the Range Rover recordings since the getgo.

GBMW's last post on Scared Monkeys was the result of San and her regarding their respective position on this issue.

Janet

Well, at least I am not one with Julia Renfro.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #432 on: November 18, 2009, 10:24:17 PM »

Janet,

Janet

Well, at least I am not one with Julia Renfro.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #433 on: November 18, 2009, 10:24:23 PM »

I am not upholding Julie Renfro's position on the Range Rover issue.  I had no idea what her position was.  My speculations are mine and ... mine alone.

Janet

_____

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #434 on: November 18, 2009, 10:31:47 PM »

I am not upholding Julie Renfro's position on the Range Rover issue.  I had no idea what her position was.  My speculations are mine and ... mine alone.

Janet

So says you!  Of all the people in this case, who's view I would never entertain, it would be Renfro.
Everything she has ever said has been to hurt Beth and confuse the investigation.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #435 on: November 18, 2009, 10:37:36 PM »

Janet,

<snipped>

Janet

BUMPED!!

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #436 on: November 18, 2009, 10:39:25 PM »

Janet

So says you!  Of all the people in this case, who's view I would never entertain, it would be Renfro.
Everything she has ever said has been to hurt Beth and confuse the investigation.

Exactly, and if Renfro chose to use "my" speculations to further that agenda I think I'd be stepping back and taking a good look at those speculations; especially considering the only position that I've ever seen and/or read Beth having on the subject. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #437 on: November 18, 2009, 10:44:12 PM »

Page 185:
  The island authorities originally planned to release the three suspects at two o-clock in the morning on Saturday, September 3.  The Strategic Communications Task Force undoubtedly helped them make a less conspicuous move and release them in the afternoon instead.  Curious to see the setup at the van der Sloot house for Joran's parade of victory, I drive by there, never in a million years expecting to see who is there.  It's the U.S. vice-consul.  At the van der Sloots' house.  Why is she here?   She spots me.  Jumps in her car and follows me to a resturant parking lot, waving, honking, calling on the cell phone.  I don't want to talk to her.  Who can we trust?

BUMPED!!

Page 189:
   It's the proverbial, Biblical conflict between good and evil.  It's verry, very hard to fight evil because it constantly changes form and you never know who your enemies are.  And evil is always two steps ahead.  From the outset we never had a chance.  But we didn't know it.

I'm taking leave of the island, but not from the work yet to be done.

an angelic monkey

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #438 on: November 18, 2009, 10:45:24 PM »

texasmom, Tamikosmom, Icehawk, Magnolia, Mere, SuzieQ, San and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #439 on: November 18, 2009, 10:45:55 PM »

Page 185:
  The island authorities originally planned to release the three suspects at two o-clock in the morning on Saturday, September 3.  The Strategic Communications Task Force undoubtedly helped them make a less conspicuous move and release them in the afternoon instead.  Curious to see the setup at the van der Sloot house for Joran's parade of victory, I drive by there, never in a million years expecting to see who is there.  It's the U.S. vice-consul.  At the van der Sloots' house.  Why is she here?   She spots me.  Jumps in her car and follows me to a resturant parking lot, waving, honking, calling on the cell phone.  I don't want to talk to her.  Who can we trust?

Page 189:
   It's the proverbial, Biblical conflict between good and evil.  It's verry, very hard to fight evil because it constantly changes form and you never know who your enemies are.  And evil is always two steps ahead.  From the outset we never had a chance.  But we didn't know it.

I'm taking leave of the island, but not from the work yet to be done.

an angelic monkey

BUMPED!!

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.