April 18, 2024, 12:01:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #826 11/07/09 - 12/09/09  (Read 488598 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #960 on: November 25, 2009, 10:55:42 AM »

I'd like to know how Certified Enterprise Solutions went from a wholesale product distributor to a computer consulting corporation?

Exactly!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #961 on: November 25, 2009, 11:11:43 AM »

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/14032/18/

Papiamentu translation:

aruba owing to company acuerdo for investigacion cientifico

wednesday, 25 november 2009 - 11:14

secretario of esatdo dutch, encarga cu asuntonan of kingdom, esta ank bijleveld owing to anuncia today morning in one conferencia of prensam, cu ela company one acuerdo for come cu one investigacion on estado of gobernacion at aruba. the secretario of estado owing to tell cu the is very contento cu can probecha of the visit of first minister eman for company the acuerdo of trip. click read more for more informacion y imagen...... ultimo añanan the netherlands had very atencion for estado of gobernacion y past owing to priminti eerste y tweede kamer cu this will sosode. y today past owing to tell of is contento cu can company one acuerdo for her investigacion cientifico. cu the investigacion wanted know kico owing to bay bad in gobernacion y con can succeed one mihor as cu have to funciona at aruba. the aim is for crea transparencia, treciendo sugerencianan practico. first minister eman owing to tell cu do not first trip aruba is close one acuerdo cu the netherlands for throw view con cosnan is bay at aruba. eman owing to tell cu ultimo añanan, because; oposicion, had cosnan cu they wanted owing to achieve more claridad on dje but not owing to succeed for this sosode. y owing to base of the study here, is come also one type of investigacion penal on casonan cu owing to sosode recientemente. this will give trankilidad at the ciudadanonan also, according eman. this is instant for show cu aruba is adult sufficient for see the trabounan in form critico, for see where have necesidad of aid for trece mehoracion. the investigacion is serve also for we ciudadanonan can have the siguranza cu they coin of tax owing to wordo using debidamente, for her people. the institute cientifico cu is investiga the estado of gobernacion, also will is envolvi in the investigacion penal preliminar. y in this ministerio publico of aruba will is envolvi, because; the organo responsible. first minister mr. mike eman owing to tell cu the wanted evita owing to todo costo cu this have to is become one persecucion politico. the are will cuminsa cu they investigacion another week end. y do not talk specificamente of the ultimo eight 8 añanan.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #962 on: November 25, 2009, 11:27:27 AM »

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/5412533/__Ook_pardonregeling_Aruba__.html

Google translation:

Wed November 25 2009, 13:11 | Read

Aruba also comes with amnesty

DEN HAAG - Aruba is working on an amnesty for illegal immigrants on the island for many years and have never had a response to their request for a residence permit. Aruba has many illegal immigrants, according to the new Aruban Prime Minister Mike Eman difficult to estimate.

He said Wednesday in The Hague during an introductory meeting with Second MPs. Eman hopes the next time a better picture of the number of illegal immigrants in Aruba. Aliens for more than fifteen years on the island and tried to get a legal status, so get the call to come forward. Then who is still viewed qualify for a residence permit.

Eman will discuss the issue again this week with Justice Minister Ernst Hirsch Ballin. It examines the criteria used in the Netherlands for an amnesty for 'old' group of asylum seekers. Of these, 28,000 foreigners ultimately used. The Netherlands Antilles is now a special scheme for people without papers to stay in the islands. They may under certain conditions obtain a residence permit.

Some of the illegals in Aruba does have a work permit, but has never heard a request to be allowed to establish themselves. There are also foreigners who have never applied for a residence permit. These real illegals will be deported, says Eman.

The new prime minister said he would invest in the coming years "improved relations" with the Kingdom of the Netherlands and politics in the Netherlands. In recent years there was a strained relationship. Eman hopes that the Dutch, and especially entrepreneurs, more interested in getting as Aruba and the "added value" experience of the island, which is part of the kingdom.

On his arrival the Prime Minister was unexpectedly confronted with a budget deficit in 2009. The economic crisis was the island nearly 100 million Aruban florin (about 40 million euros) within less. Especially for the Aruba tourism sector received a major blow. According to Eman pull lately again.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #963 on: November 25, 2009, 12:46:59 PM »

http://www.diario.aw/2009/11/procurador-general-robert-pieters-cu-bishita-di-trabao-na-hulanda/

Papiamentu/Google Spanish translation:

Attorney General Robert pieters cu visit of trabao at the netherlands

publication: diaranson, 25 november 2009. category: general

oranjestad (aan): Attorney General Robert Pieters is at the netherlands the momentonan here. of his visit have had one meeting cu hanging around various attorney general will is also present. the netherlands self Owing to ask for the presence of the attorney general of Aruba at the reunionnan here. seems cu throughout the day is ten o'clock reunionnan will last. apart of the conference here is show cu all cos attorney general will also have some meeting important thing is for atende for husticia at aruba. assure validity cu topiconan of Dutch government also is bezig cune. have much Desaroyo in Dutch kingdom thing is also for husticia and cu the presence of the attorney will assure this bay can become one of the Puntone will develops on dje cu. at his arrival at the airport can Owing to see robert pieters attorney general in first combersacion cu edwin Abath minister and also because; minister plenipotentiary in the VIP section of the warden maletanan.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #964 on: November 25, 2009, 02:07:21 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_65590.php

Google translation:

Examination of state government may start Aruba

November 25, 2009, 13:10 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
Print this article

State Secretary Ank Bijleveld-Schouten (Kingdom Relations, CDA) and Premier Mike Eman, such as the picture shows, this morning in the Netherlands put their signatures under a contract to study the state of governance and justice in Aruba. The research is conducted by the Research and Documentation Center (WODC).

THE HAGUE - The signatures are put, it is now final. Aruba and Netherlands have jointly commissioned a study on the state of governance and justice in Aruba. State Secretary Ank Bijleveld-Schouten (Kingdom Relations, CDA) and Premier Mike Eman afternoon in The Hague have put their signatures under a research contract.

by our correspondent
Christel van Bebber

The research is conducted by the Research and Documentation Center (WODC) from the Netherlands, which previously looked into crime and law enforcement on St. Maarten.
Along with the WODC is also the Public Prosecutor of Aruba to work. This is a preliminary criminal investigation to "doing. "The prosecution is looking in the recent past criminal offenses were committed," explains the request from Secretary of State. "Because it is preliminary, it does not report to underpin."

The OM in Orange City will cooperate with the Public Sector Integrity Office in the Netherlands. That gets the assignment to the integrity of public administration to explore fully, because some crimes are committed. Aruba itself had already asked the Central Audit for the lawfulness of public expenditure surveys.

The three reports arising therefrom, by the WODC under the microscope. The researchers will also practice their moves. "The WODC researchers will have free access to documentation and be able to conduct interviews with all agencies," a quote from the contract. In Aruba is a designated contact person who will accompany it WODC.

The investigation is special emphasis on the intersection of law and good governance, the functioning of police, prosecution and immigration. Netherlands and Aruba to know the strengths and weaknesses.

The WODC should also see what Aruba has done to ensure good governance and law enforcement since there in 1993 arrangements were made. Bijleveld said earlier that all party agreements and the establishment of an independent complaints body have not been fulfilled. It still happens that, considers it important, she said in May during a debate in the Senate.
During the investigation, particular to the "most recent period 'attention. The period so that Prime Minister Nelson Oduber was Aruba. According to the report for a recent period chosen. "... Also for reasons of validity and reliability. After finding out what the actual facts of past events is problematic as this (much) further back in time lie, "the research task.

Even Prime Minister Eman wants to avoid that the research is seen as a persecution of political opponents. He calls it a major joint investigation that moment in time in the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba in the discussion about support for the Kingdom. "With this we can show the maturity that we have to critically look at ourselves, to see where there are opportunities to strengthen and this in cooperation with the Kingdom to work," said the prime minister.

The prime minister speaks of a good sign for the Aruban people that "things can not bear the daylight, not remain in darkness".

If the WODC ready, practical recommendations form the basis of a plan for improving governance. The final report should be ready in October 2010. According Bijleveld may already be started next week. "We obviously have contacts with the WODC. They will start as soon as possible. "

About the debt restructuring is not discussed, said the Secretary. "But I am very pleased that the investigation will come. It is also a good signal to the House, which begins next week on the budget debate. "

State Secretary Bijleveld - and with it the House - are very concerned for months about including the integrity of governance in Aruba. Earlier this year leaked one weeks notice of the Dutch Representation in Orange City. It stood incriminating statements about the then Prime Minister Oduber, various ministers and the brother of the then Justice Minister Rudy Croes, Hendrik Croes. Their business interests and private interests would rather intertwined.
Following the leaking of that message has Bijleveld a research carried out. It turned out that the OM will include underemployment is insufficient focus on the prosecution of criminal offenses. Also, the immigration chain fail and there were comments about the functioning of democracy. The Secretary said so in May of research like the WODC would. When Eman late prime minister took office in October, came in a lot of momentum.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #965 on: November 25, 2009, 02:23:00 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_65588.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

Minister Oduber: "Marketing extra attention in Europe '

November 25, 2009, 13:07 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - Minister Otmar Oduber (AVP) of Tourism and Transport is actually in the Netherlands for talks with potential partners regarding the European promotion of tourism to Aruba.

Director Myrna Janssen and PR Director Gina Lopez-Gnecco of Aruba Tourism Authority (ATA) with the minister filmmaker. The delegation departed one days before Prime Minister Mike Eman (AVP) for a discussion last Sunday with a large marketing firm in Brussels. Today is a dinner planned with KLM CEO Peter Hartman and Prime Minister Eman. Unlike the United States, which Aruba has a considerable presence in the market yet, in Europe, according to Oduber Aruba still considerable profit. Currently working on charter flights from Italy, Spain and Portugal. From the latter country will from the first half of 2010 an operation. The minister also wants a representative from ATA back in Germany, the third largest tourist market in Europe, have. This post was some time ago in connection with cuts, deleted by ATA.

According Oduber, the investment for the marketing of Aruba the past ten years structurally low. "In 2009 from the contingency fund set aside extra money as part of the economic recession. The situation is not better in 2010 promises to be therefore the Cabinet has already decided to free up additional resources ", said Oduber. The minister wants a new, more direct approach from his ministry to commercial partners. As for the marketing in America wants Oduber the ATA office in Miami moving to the north-eastern United States, where most tourists usually come to Aruba. Beginning in December, Minister Oduber talks with American Airlines and Carnival Cruises.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #966 on: November 25, 2009, 04:41:55 PM »

Speaking of transparency:

For TM and anyone else interested:

I believe I read somewhere that the Holloway case was moved to Curacao.  I have found a legal site that actually scans the court dockets.  I believe, if the case is heard, it would fall under one of the Court of Justice dockets (as opposed to Civil docket).  We might get a "heads up" even if Aruba wants to keep it quiet until after the fact:

http://www.curacaolegalportal.com/Docket-CourtofJustice-/-Rol/Agenda-CourtofJustice-/-Rol/
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #967 on: November 25, 2009, 07:11:54 PM »

I believe I read somewhere that the Holloway case was moved to Curacao.  I have found a legal site that actually scans the court dockets.  I believe, if the case is heard, it would fall under one of the Court of Justice dockets (as opposed to Civil docket).  We might get a "heads up" even if Aruba wants to keep it quiet until after the fact:

http://www.curacaolegalportal.com/Docket-CourtofJustice-/-Rol/Agenda-CourtofJustice-/-Rol/

Thanks Buckeye!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #968 on: November 25, 2009, 07:22:10 PM »

Don't miss Dana Pretzer at 9pm ET tonight!

Click on the link below:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 08:44:23 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #969 on: November 25, 2009, 07:22:25 PM »

Thanks Buckeye!
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #970 on: November 25, 2009, 08:30:43 PM »

It seems that not all of the islands are being hurt by THE "economy"

St Kitts tourism registers triple digit increase, passenger satisfaction scores high
Published on Wednesday, November 25, 2009

BASSETERRE, St Kitts (CUOPM) -- St Kitts experienced growth of triple digits in its tourism industry between 2005/2006 and 2008/2009.

A Florida-Caribbean Cruise Association report, not only found significant growth in passenger and crew arrivals and spending, but also a high degree of satisfaction by cruise passengers, friendliness of residents and courtesy of employees.

According to the study, total estimated passenger and crew visits increased by nearly 250 percent from 113,300 visits during the 2005/2006 cruise year to 388,400 during the 2008/2009 cruise year.

Total direct expenditures in St Kitts increased even more dramatically growing by 550 percent from US$6.7 million in the 2005/2006 cruise year to US$44 million in the 2008/2009 cruise year. It said cruise tourism expenditures increased among all groups, passengers, and crew and cruise lines.

The growth in passenger and crew expenditures in St Kitts was not only driven by the 250 percent increase in onshore visits, but also by the 73 percent increase in average passenger expenditures and a seven fold increase in the reported average crew expenditures.

“These are certainly significant increases and were among the largest estimated among those the 29 destinations that participated in both studies. The growth in per passenger expenditures varied across categories,” said the report.

For example, during the 2005/2006 cruise year, passengers who purchased jewelry spent an average of US$144. This average purchase value increased to US$319 during the 2008/2009 cruise year. In addition the percentage of passengers purchasing jewelry also increased from 17 percent to 25 percent.

In the case of visiting crew, the sharp increase in per crew spending is primarily due to an impressive increase in the percentage of crew reporting purchases in each category.

“In the 2006 study 34 percent of crew reported making an average purchase of US$23.20 for food and beverages. This increased to 42 percent reporting an average expenditure of US$36.40 at restaurants and bars in the current study,” said the report

Similar increases in the percentage of crew making purchases were reported in most categories.

As a result of the 250 percent increase in direct cruise tourism expenditures from the 2005/2006 cruise year for St Kitts, the economic impacts increased as well.

The total employment impact increased by 268 percent over the three-year period, while the wage impact increased by 295 percent. The higher growth in wages is due to increased labor productivity and average wages over the intervening period.

Of the 1,442 cruise parties that completed the surveys 87 percent stated that this had been their first visit to St Kitts.

Ninety-six percent (96%) of the cruise parties that completed the surveys disembarked their cruise ship to visit St Kitts.

Of the cruise parties that went ashore, 81 percent made at least one purchase while ashore. The typical cruise party consisted of 2.1 passengers and spent an average of 4.4 hours ashore.

The responding cruise parties reported spending an average of US$162 while ashore (excludes shore excursions).

Fifty-eight percent (58%) of the passengers that went ashore purchased a shore excursion. Seventy-three percent (73%) of passengers who purchased a tour did so through their cruise line, nearly 24% purchased their tour onshore and 3 percent purchased their tour through their travel agent. The typical cruise party that purchased a shore excursion spent $131 for their tour.

The passenger survey also asked the passengers to rate their satisfaction with their destination visit along a number of parameters. A 10-point scale was used with 10 being the highest score, i.e., extremely satisfied, and 1 being the lowest score, i.e., not at all satisfied.

Cruise passengers were very satisfied with their overall visit to St Kitts with a mean score of 7.8. However, the visit did not score as high in terms of meeting expectations. The mean score for “Visit Met Expectations” was lower at 7.4.

Passengers felt very informed about tours and onshore activities in St Kitts with a mean score of 7.7.

“Guided Tours” (or Shore Excursions) received the third highest score of all visit attributes with a mean score of 8.1. Thus, cruise passengers were very satisfied with their shore excursions.

Passenger interactions with residents and store employees were very positive with “friendliness of residents” receiving a mean score of 8.3 and “courtesy of employees” having a mean score of 8.2.

Categories with slightly lower scores but still above 7.0 (Very Satisfied) were: initial shoreside welcome, historic sites and local transportation.

Only “variety of things to see and do” received a mean score lower than 7.0. The mean score for this category was 6.9 (Somewhat Satisfied)

Passengers were also very satisfied with their shopping experience which received a mean score of 7.6. It was already noted that passengers were very satisfied with shop employees but they were also very satisfied the variety of shops (7.3) and overall prices (7.1).

Cruise passengers stated that they were somewhat likely to return to St Kitts for a land-based vacation.

Residents of the United States and the Canada accounted for 91 percent of the responding passengers. The average age of the respondents was 54 years with 28 percent of the respondents being 65 years of age or older. St Kitts passengers had an average household income of $104,400 with 42 percent having over $100,000 in household income.

editor@caribbeannetnews.com

2 4 1
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #971 on: November 25, 2009, 08:51:12 PM »

Thanks Buckeye. 

Howdy everyone.  I too still have hope that justice is coming.  Ya'll are amazing with your research and stuff.

Just wanted to wish all you special people and Happy and Blessed Day of Thanksgiving.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #972 on: November 25, 2009, 08:58:09 PM »

Hi Snoopy!  Great to see you!  Happy Thanksgiving to you too!   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #973 on: November 25, 2009, 09:44:11 PM »

http://www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=76739

The Goal To Have A Transparent Government That Works For Aruba

November 25th 2009, Aruba.

THE HAGUE-The Dutch Secretary of State, Ank Bijleveld, and the Prime Minister of Aruba, Mike
Eman, have signed an agreement allowing a scientific investigation on the state of governance in
Aruba. The Netherlands has put much attention on how the island of Aruba has been governed this
decade.

The scientific investigation must show what the government of Aruba did wrong since the island
achieved its autonomy on January 1st 1986, and how to seek better ways in making sure the
government works on the island. The goal is to create transparency, and bring practical
suggestions for the present and future governments on the island.

The former Aruban Prime Minister, Nelson Oduber, has always opposed the investigation, and
accused The Netherlands in the past on interfering with the autonomy of Aruba. The new Prime
Minister, Mike Eman, has always favored the investigation. It is way to show that Aruba has
matured, and can take a critical observation on how things are being managed for eventual
improvements, said Eman.

The scientific investigation is to also include a study on the expenditure of tax payers money
collected by the government. This may reassure citizens that their tax money is being spent
accordingly. The investigation is set to start next week.
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #974 on: November 25, 2009, 10:07:00 PM »

Happy Thanksgiving Monkeys!  I hope Everyone has a Wonderful Day and are Safe in Their Travels!

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #975 on: November 26, 2009, 12:55:36 AM »

2 4 1
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #976 on: November 26, 2009, 01:05:27 AM »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

MAY GOD BLESS ALL MONKEY FAMILIES

THIS HOLIDAY SEASON.........

MANY BLESSINGS TO ALL

an angelic monkey

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #977 on: November 26, 2009, 02:18:58 AM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #978 on: November 26, 2009, 02:21:52 AM »

Truth and Justice for Natalee!

Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #979 on: November 26, 2009, 04:42:31 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving, Monkeys
Thank you for being a friend...

Turn your volume up and click filmstrip to launch

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.