March 28, 2024, 06:01:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Really Stupid Dreams  (Read 5077 times)
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« on: December 10, 2006, 10:13:51 AM »

Usually, my dreams are rather entertaining (in living color, too). Last night's was just plain senseless. I had gone to a zoo with several family members, some who I have not seen in years and years. For whayever reason, I took Milo (the cat) with me and had him in a kennel at the zoo for visitors' pets (told ya it was stupid). The zoo was quite disappointing. My cousin's husband wanted me to have Milo shipped home instead of coming with us. I told him what he could do with that idea. When I went to retrieve Milo, the ijits at the kennel told me that they could not give him his medications (I forget why), and suggested I give them to him on the ride home. I was most annoyed, as having the meds in him during a lengthy car trip would have made him ill, and he was going to have to wait another day before starting them. The ijits first brought a completely different cat. Finally got poor Milo and was in the car holding him while traveling home. Really strange. The over all emotional theme was one of annoyance.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 06:32:57 PM »

Humm, not much of a comment on the dream, but as for taking pets along on vacations I've done that alot.

Used to go to Florida for Christmas quite regularly and always took the pooch along. Once in Florida would hit all the big attractions, Kennedy Space Center, Sea World, Epcot, and finally Cypress Gardens.

Found all the places had self use kennels for pets. Usually just a wall of cages
near the grounds entrance, some shaded, some not, some were in enclosures for a little protection from the environment.

Was most delighted by the kennels at the former Cypress Garderns, not only were they in a building, but it was air conditioned.  

The cages at most all the places were somewhat like bus terminal lockers where you place the pet in the cage and take a key that locked the cage until you returned.

Don't remember for sure what was involved in placing 'Suzy' in the cage at Cypress Gardens, but about 6 months later received a couple coupons in the mail for some free Alpo Dog Food and Treats as a thankyou for using the kennel. Have always had a soft spot for Alpo and Cypress Gardens ever since. Sure gonna miss that Cypress Gardens now that it's closed.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 06:34:06 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"
Usually, my dreams are rather entertaining (in living color, too). Last night's was just plain senseless. I had gone to a zoo with several family members, some who I have not seen in years and years. For whayever reason, I took Milo (the cat) with me and had him in a kennel at the zoo for visitors' pets (told ya it was stupid). The zoo was quite disappointing. My cousin's husband wanted me to have Milo shipped home instead of coming with us. I told him what he could do with that idea. When I went to retrieve Milo, the ijits at the kennel told me that they could not give him his medications (I forget why), and suggested I give them to him on the ride home. I was most annoyed, as having the meds in him during a lengthy car trip would have made him ill, and he was going to have to wait another day before starting them. The ijits first brought a completely different cat. Finally got poor Milo and was in the car holding him while traveling home. Really strange. The over all emotional theme was one of annoyance.

Hey! How come you haven't taken the 'Values' test that some of us had the courage to take and post?
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 09:04:28 PM »

Last night I had a dream I was in Aruba, but I couldn't get to the water. I was stuck in a musty building almost a barn, and kept looking out the window to try to find a way to the water.

I found that Tom Cruise was with me and we both wanted to find Joran but he jumped down from the loft we were in and he broke his leg.

I was helping him walk out and I ran into Jossy.

Jossy looked at me and said, It's all right, everything will be all right.

This is the 2nd time I have dreamt about Jossy, the first time he was my uncle.

In my dream this time and the first he was always a comfort and someone I felt I could trust.

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 09:46:14 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

Hey! How come you haven't taken the 'Values' test that some of us had the courage to take and post?

Um, I did take it. Wonder if it was another forum where I posted the results? Nah, it was here. I'll go scrounge for it.

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 09:50:15 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"
Last night I had a dream I was in Aruba, but I couldn't get to the water. I was stuck in a musty building almost a barn, and kept looking out the window to try to find a way to the water.

I found that Tom Cruise was with me and we both wanted to find Joran but he jumped down from the loft we were in and he broke his leg.

In my dream this time and the first he was always a comfort and someone I felt I could trust.

Cruise is a Scientologist, as Greta is. Funny that he broke his leg while jumping (Oprah sofa incident?).

Car~ Where the heck is that thread on the values quiz? All I remember is that tolerance was of high value to me.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 09:52:42 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"

Cruise is a Scientologist, as Greta is. Funny that he broke his leg while jumping (Oprah sofa incident?).

Car~ Where the heck is that thread on the values quiz? All I remember is that tolerance was of high value to me.

Yep, you posted it, you were the first one to do.

On your tree pic, did you place the camera on something like a tall chair back and then take a deep breath and hold it before pressing the button?

Also were you letting the tree be the lights for the room?

You might try to add more lighting in the room, as much as possible and then retake the pic.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006, 09:57:37 PM »

Humm, are you using a webcam to take the pic of the tree?

Remember looking at your self portrait and thought it looked like it was taken by a webcam.

Anyhow I think a lot more lighting would help any camera take a better pic for you.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006, 10:05:03 PM »

Remember looking at your self portrait and thought it looked like it was taken by a webcam.

Anyhow I think a lot more lighting would help any camera take a better pic for you.

Yup, it's a webcam. Santa has yet to bring me a nice digital one. The fat old jerk.  Wink

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2006, 10:09:02 PM »

Yup, it's a webcam. Santa has yet to bring me a nice digital one. The fat old jerk.  Wink

Ya, know you can get one of those disposable cameras at Walgreens and take some pics, then get them developed onto CD.

They come out pretty darn good.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006, 11:22:33 PM »

Hey, Car, that's an idea! And I already have one around here somewhere.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2006, 11:29:03 PM »

That Walgreens photo developing onto CD is a pretty good deal.

Taking negatives to them for developing onto CD saves me a lot of time on scanning old pics.
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 01:34:58 PM »

That Walgreens photo developing onto CD is a pretty good deal.

Taking negatives to them for developing onto CD saves me a lot of time on scanning old pics.

Yep I do that also.  I've also had very good results with their prints.  Much less expensive than printing at home, photo paper and ink are costly, imo, so I print a few I like and store the rest on CD.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.