April 18, 2024, 09:14:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dollar Collapse Plunges S&P 500 Back To 1996  (Read 1504 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 13, 2009, 07:52:59 PM »

As we've noted often in recent days, since your government is quietly destroying the value of the dollar (ostensibly to save your ass), the actual dollar-adjusted value of the S&P 500 is back to 1996 levels.  Even after the recent 60% recovery!

read more here - http://www.businessinsider.com/henry-blodget-dollar-collapse-plunges-sp-500-back-to-1996-2009-10

How long before gas is $100 a gallon?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 07:59:48 PM »

Renewed US dollar weakness has evoked calls for Washington to implement a true strong-dollar policy. Larry Kudlow is calling for a supply-side cut of marginal corporate tax rates and for the Federal Reserve to increase interest rates 25 basis points (bps) in support of the currency. He knows "none of this is gonna happen". Others believe the focus should be trimming our massive federal deficit. A move to fiscal and monetary restraint is surely needed to help stabilize the dollar. Restraint is not going to happen.

Why not cut spending?  No more funding for community organizations.  Let taxpayers dig into their own pockets to fund these organizations.  Why borrow and spend?

Officials from both the Federal Reserve and the US Treasury have stated their view that a strong US economy is the best prescription for a strong dollar.

What is the Obama administration doing to strengthen the economy?  Taxing?  Borrowing?  Spending?

Washington may believe that big GDP growth numbers will support a strong dollar, but global markets (and policymakers) seem to recognize clearly that the course of US policy undermines the long-term value of our currency (and their dollar holdings).

I think this means they do not have faith in our policy and currency.

It is worth noting that Australia's central bank was last week the first major central bank to begin the process of removing monetary stimulus. Global markets reacted by pushing the dollar even lower. The "commodity" currencies, gold, energy, commodities and global equities surged higher.

read more here - http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Economy/KJ14Dj01.html

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 08:04:27 PM »

The root problem is simple. The world increasingly doubts that the US Government can repay its debts. Altman set out why: "For 2011 and beyond, the fiscal challenge is fearsome. A combination of prior tax cuts, years of high spending and a brutal recession have produced the worst budget conditions in 75 years."

The national debt is projected to hit 85 per cent of the value of the total US economy in 10 years from now. Merely paying the interest on this sum would consume as much money as the annual US defence budget. A debt ratio around this level is the threshold where debt becomes unsustainable and snowballs, and where countries lose control of their destinies.

http://www.watoday.com.au/opinion/politics/obamas-peace-shattered-as-dollar-takes-a-pounding-20091012-gtxt.html?autostart=1

And Washington continues to spend, tax, and fee Americans to death.  Slavery.

A vote for more spending is another link on the bonds of slavery - generational debt for Americans.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.