April 25, 2024, 06:32:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vera Ramirez, 86 yr. old missing on trip from West LA to South Central LA  (Read 7021 times)
IBE
Monkey Junky

« on: October 13, 2009, 11:56:20 PM »

Vera Ramirez is 86 yrs old. The grandmother of the daughter of a friend of mine. She took her daughter to work in South LA and hasn't been seen since. Reported to  Police but nothing heard. Pray please. I understand this is a lady in all true senses of the word.

Thanks,  IBE

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 12:03:36 AM »

This is terribly alarming, IBE.  I'll add Vera and her family to my prayers.  Please let us know if there is any news or updates.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 12:14:31 AM »

I agree IBE, please post when you get any info and please give your friend my sympathy.....I will keep her in my prayers..

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 12:15:17 AM »

Are there elderly/silver alerts there like here in FL?

Through thick and thin, I'll stick with Tim!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 12:22:57 AM »

Vera Ramirez is 86 yrs old. The grandmother of the daughter of a friend of mine. She took her daughter to work in South LA and hasn't been seen since. Reported to  Police but nothing heard. Pray please. I understand this is a lady in all true senses of the word.

Thanks,  IBE

Please keep us updated IBE!  When did she go missing?  How long ago?
dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 12:39:06 AM »

Many prayers for her, her family and for you too.

What I am going to say next will sound premature but I feel I should say it.  Please tell the family not to touch anything of hers for right now.  Let LE do it.  You do not need to tell the family this but if this should become a case that has no quick resolution they will want her DNA for NAMUS and other data bases.  If her toothbrush or hairbrush is in a bathroom used by others you may want to have them put each object in a separate envelope.  DO NOT lick the envelope.  Handle each object with gloves if possible or if you have to with a tissue and grasp by the end of the object not where the DNA will be.  Do not wash her laundry or bedding yet either. Do not clean her room.   I am so sorry to say things like this so early on but it is important.  Gosh, I feel bad just saying these things...  Sad

Big hugs,
I will check back tomorrow.
Dsn

dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 12:43:44 AM »

I should add that she will more than likely be found soon.  I believe in prayer.  I am praying.  Keep the faith IBE.

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 12:47:18 AM »

I am sending my prayers that Vera will be found soon, and home safe.
dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 12:48:22 AM »

IBE,
Does she have any history of memory problems?
Perhaps she is just lost in transit?

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 12:53:27 AM »

HI IBE

I hope Vera is located soon.

I'll be keeping her in my prayers
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 01:01:05 AM »

Memory problems.. no. Very neat, refined lady as far as I am told well dressed, wears jewelry. When I heard that, I thought of a car jacking or robbery.

Whomever made the report to the LAPD went to the wrong station first, but that shouldn't have made a difference but it did. It was low profile. (Have to be overly dramatic at times to get attention, IMO)

God works at mysterious ways... somehow paths crossed with a DA today, by "accident" at the daughters work, I think, and the DA called the officer and got him out of bed.. it has more profile now, but there are so many missing persons in LA each day, some not even reported.

It has been over 24 hours. This worries me. I will pass the prayers from Scared Monkeys to my friend. She has listened to me about Natalee and Donna Joy for a few years.

Am having trouble posting. Be back soon. Thanks all. Am hanging out by the phone.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 01:04:12 AM »

IBE,
Being the pro-active fix it person that I am I always feel the need to "do" something.

If it were me I would ask LE if the wrecker services are dispatched through LE and if there is any possibility her car could have been towed without LE knowing it.  Would she have gotten out of the car for any reason when she dropped your friend at work?  What if she parked in a "No Parking" zone.  Her car may have been towed and she came out and got disoriented.  If she had an accident one would think LE would know about it and the dispatch logs would show an accident an wrecker dispatch.

Being an "I have to do something" person I would start with hospitals, then wreckers (especially ones that are not on the LE tour) and mental health hospitals.  Keep in mind that when someone is brought in for mental health reasons they are in effect protected like children and it is hard to get information.  It's nothing personal, the person at the other end is just doing their job.

Gosh,  I hope I have not overloaded you (I am sure that I have).

I'll go back to praying now.

Peace and prayers,
Hugs,
Dsn

dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 01:06:47 AM »

24 hours...
Oh, please tell them not to touch anything of hers.
This is so sad to say but an ID is so much quicker with a DNA sample of her own.

Gosh, praying harder now.

DSN

dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 01:11:10 AM »

Not particularly to IBE but to the rest of the monkeys:

Does California not have Silver alerts?

Here they put them up on on the boards on the highways just like Amber alerts.

If California does not, then why not.

Something to work on to change?

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2009, 01:13:29 AM »

Klaas,

Hi! Yesterday afternoon. Daylight. The daughter works to 11pm so am guessing it was about 2pm (3pm to 11pm)  I have been all around SLA in past years, even substituted their in the 70's. I have friends living there. Bad things can happen in daylight no matter where you live. Not too far away we had a murder at noon of a man who was sleeping in his truck in a park during his lunch hour.

Gang members get credit for killing as part of their intiation.

Will try to find my friends emails and put the word out to them and also to the Veterans in the area. Computer problems are icky.

Hope this turns out OK. My friend thanks you for your prayers.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2009, 01:14:21 AM »

Not particularly to IBE but to the rest of the monkeys:

Does California not have Silver alerts?

Here they put them up on on the boards on the highways just like Amber alerts.

If California does not, then why not.

Something to work on to change?

What are they and how do they work?

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2009, 01:18:17 AM »

Orange County is very fast at putting out alerts of missing persons, but alot depends IMO on the Sheriff and the OCSD spokesman, Jim Amormino.

IMO LAPD is dedicated, but overworked and understaffed.

dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2009, 01:19:10 AM »

They work the same as an Amber Alert.

Amber Alerts are displayed on the signs on the highways.  The ones you see that usually have traffic information.  The kind that light up.  When it is an elderly person it is a silver alert.

It displays the make, model, color of car they were last seen in etc...

dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2009, 01:24:47 AM »

I think they also go out over the net the same as an Amber Alert but I am not positive about that.  The silver alerts I have received on the net have been through private organizations.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2009, 01:29:27 AM »

Love you kitty "with attitude".

As Nut4x4 posted, it so hard with missing adults. I like the idea! Again, it's like the "bird with power" gets followup. I beginning to be a firm believer it how the information gets out there.Darn, I keep typing and the curson jumps

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.