May 29, 2024, 11:04:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vera Ramirez, 86 yr. old missing on trip from West LA to South Central LA  (Read 7085 times)
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 01:34:02 AM »

My friend just called. OK I have to take time to post this correctly.

Her daughter has received a text from her sister (my friend's other daughter) that they have found her, but no details

I told my friend, maybe they are all rejoicing and crying. My friend thinks she is deceased. I told her she could call me anytime tonight. Will keep you posted.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 06:23:25 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 01:36:48 AM »

IBE,

I like to think we all have friends we don't even know about yet.
All we have to do is ask.

Just let us know how to help.
Some of these guys can pound the heck out of the keyboard.

Do you have a description of the car?
Has anyone made a flyer we can post?

Better yet a website with the flyer on it so they can just link it?

I know...so much to think about.

Anyway, just ask and it amazing how many will help.
Get the details (picture of Vera, car - make- model- color,  etc...) together and ask if the family has set up a website yet.
If not, I am willing to bet that some of the best are right here waiting to help you.

Through thick and thin, I'll stick with Tim!
dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 01:37:55 AM »

Awww, Ok hun.

More prayers.

Huge hugs.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2009, 01:44:01 AM »

Am crying, because it could go either way. Am clicking the channels in LA, usually something bad they tell about it. But then again, they also tell when a missing elder was in Orange County was found.

Will probably get a call soon. See, my friend and her husband are divorced, so this is the other side of the family. News gets filtered slowly. I guess.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2009, 01:45:33 AM »

Maybe she went to a friends home and forgot to call in.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2009, 01:46:41 AM »

When this is over, let's look into the Elder alert. Like the idea.

dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2009, 01:51:30 AM »

IBE,

Take your time, do what you need to do, and we will be here to help write letters and sign petitions if there is not a Silver Alert in place in CA already.

Hugs,
Dsn

dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2009, 01:52:24 AM »

BTW, I updated Haleigh's thread for you, no worries.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2009, 01:58:47 AM »

Someone found her!!!

OK, she got lost, was in a car accident in Glendora. Is in the hospital, alive but don't know her condition! Thanks. Now prayers for her to heal as I understand she is very fragil.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2009, 02:00:22 AM »

Gee, I clicked on spell check but maybe didn't. Glendora is a long way from West LA. Darn cursor keeps floating around.

dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2009, 02:02:22 AM »

Oh oh oh oh (jumping up an down)!!!!!

Yesss!!!!
Ohhh! Woooowww!

Ok, get a grip Dsn!

Yes!

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2009, 02:36:25 AM »

IBE thank you for your updates.  I have been praying for this dear lady and will continue to do so until you let us know she is OK.

Also sending prayers for you as I know how concerned you are about your friends and their families.  Please take care.  Hugs for you.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2009, 03:35:40 PM »

Checking to see if there is any word yet...

Peace and prayers,
Dsn

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2009, 11:04:02 PM »

Here's what happened. My friend's former step daughter asked the grandmother to let her use the grandmother's car to drive to work in South Los Angeles and the grandmother was to drive home to WLA.

The grandmother missed one of the freeways and drove around for hours thinking she could get back. She was dehydrated and ended up hitting a pole, then the bags opened.

The ladies owning the home where she it the pole invited her in to lay down. She feel asleep. In the meantime the tow truck took the car with her purse in it.

The next day she wanted to go to the hospital so they took her. She's has no ID on her but could give the hospital information about herself.

Somehow later that night (last night) someone called and told the family that she was in the hospital in Glendora.

Needless to say the family is very angry at the granddaughter.

Vera is home and doing OK.

I learned something very interesting today... Orange County Sheriffs Dept has the ability to call all hospitals and motels, hotels automatically with a name who is missing. Sort of like the emergency computer calls you get from your city when there is a hazard.

I don't know if LA County has it.

Well,  I am glad she is OK.

So also have learned if I every want to do something at a motel that I'd not like anyone to know, just have to use another name ((smiles))

Seriously, my friend and I thank you all for all the thoughts and prayers. The family of Vera know about this too and are amazed at how prayers, information can get out to help missing adults and children.

Now my friend won't tease me about all the time I spend on Scared Monkeys and listening to me for years about Natalee and Donna Jou.

Would like to know about the Elder alert. Thanks, Love IBE

snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2009, 11:34:06 PM »

HI IBE.
I'm sooooo happy that Vera is safe.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2009, 02:40:14 AM »

IBE I am so glad to read such wonderful news that Vera is now at home again with her family.  But what a traumatic experience for anyone, let alone a lady of those years.  I hope her purse has been returned and her car is not too badly damaged.

Now your friends can understand your attachment to Scared Monkeys and the wonderful work that can be done by a group of concerned folk.

Please visit us again soon as we do miss you.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2009, 09:01:58 AM »

Thank you for the news IBE.  I'll poke around some today and get the info on the silver alert for you. 

Hugs,
Dsn

dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2009, 02:27:55 PM »

Here is a link to the Florida Silver Alert site.

http://www3.fdle.state.fl.us/MCICSearch/SilverAlerts.asp

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2009, 08:09:48 PM »

Glad to hear Vera is home and OK.
She had quite the ordeal, but I love happy endings.
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.