March 28, 2024, 12:47:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Persecution Via Entertainment - A new trend? Shade of Nazi Germany?  (Read 1598 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 15, 2009, 07:58:00 AM »

I had the opportunity to channel surf the other day.  I saw one episode of a show called 'Sherri'.  Here is a link to this comedy, new this fall from NBC.

Who Is In It? Sherri Shepherd, Tammy Townsend, Kali Rocha, Elizabeth Regen, Kate Reinders

What’s It All About? Sherri is a single mother, a full-time paralegal, a part-time comedian/actress and a recent divorcée from her cheating husband.

http://www.channelguidemag.com/falltvpreview/index.php/sherri/

At first, I though the show was funny. 

There was a non-minority male from upstairs, obviously a bigwig, his daughter, the snobbish inconsiderte bimbo...a paralegal manager, skinny and appeared to be non-minority.  Caricatures of people we might see everyday.

Did I see caricatures of minorities?  No.

There was one scene that was painful and thought provoking.

An older woman, appeared to be non-minority, with unstylish long greying hair, and unflattering unhip clothing, appeared, and chimed in about dating.  She asked if any of the younger women had some estrogen they could share?  Her beard/sideburns were coming back and could they feel them?  She took Sherri's hand and rubbed it along her face.  This is from memory.

The younger females looked at her with revulsion.  This older woman could have been a religious conservative, someone's kind grandmother, sister, or teacher.  Yet on this show, she was reduced to an old crone like person, asking for hormones.  How many people were repulsed by this scene?

Is this the future of comedy and entertainment in America?  Ridicule and show non-minorities in an unfavorable light?

Long before the death camps were fired up in Nazi Germany, Hitler persecuted many through media and image campaigns.  Jews seemed to be top on the list.  Others with unkind images included Slavic people, blacks, Gypsies, Jehovah Witnesses, homosexuals, the disabled...

In our world today, how many opportunities go only to those with connections to community group or unions?

Is this show and perhaps others the new mouthpiece for the Obama world order/view?  It's ok to treat some people different because they are shown as repulsive or have unlikeable characteristics in the media?

Would this show have included a minority character with locks containing shit, leaves, and sticks?  I don't think so.   Any minority caricature?

I've also noticed some banking commercials that seem to make non-minority males (bankers)the ones that deceive or cheat others.  I'm still waiting for the face of the  banker to be a variety of races and ethnic origins.

Anyone else notice this trend on TV?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 08:00:43 AM »

The Nazis came to power after Germany was defeated in World War I. That defeat left ordinary Germans humiliated and terribly poor. Many lacked jobs and food. The Nazis gave the people someone to blame for the defeat: Jews.

The Nazis spread their ideas through propaganda. Propaganda is a one-sided communication designed to influence people’s thinking and actions. The Nazis used newspapers, the radio, movies, art and posters to spread their ideas. They used strong words and images that played on people’s fears.

Children were particularly targeted. Nazi propaganda was taught in schools. Children learned that people are not equal or alike, that some people were worse than fleas that should be squashed. Children who disagreed, or were different in any way, were shunned and bullied. Adults who disagreed were jailed and killed.

http://www.dispatchnie.com/live/export-content/sites/dispatchnie/pdfs/NaziPropagandaAndPrejudice-ActivitySheet.pdf

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 08:02:59 AM »

When Government Controls Everything

When the Nazi Party took over Germany, it suspended individual freedoms – including freedom of speech, press and travel – for all people. There were still newspapers, but the government controlled them.

To get an idea of what this was like, go through the A section of today’s Dispatch. Cross out every picture, headline, story and letter that our national, state or city government might object to for any reason. What’s left?

Imagine living in a world where all those stories were missing. How would you find out what was really happening? How would you protest? How would you find people who shared your opinion? Would you protest?

http://www.dispatchnie.com/live/export-content/sites/dispatchnie/pdfs/NaziPropagandaAndPrejudice-ActivitySheet.pdf

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 08:08:34 AM »

First they came for the conservatives, and I did not speak out—because I was not a conservative;

Then they came for the non-union workers, and I did not speak out—because I belonged to the union;

Then they came for the non-minorities, and I did not speak out—because I was a minority;

Then they came for the others, and I did not speak out—because I was not part of that group;

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.