April 18, 2024, 08:06:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #28 11/10/09 - 1/21/10  (Read 545640 times)
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1240 on: January 05, 2010, 11:27:55 AM »

Sexual Predator: Robert G. Sheffield

January 4, 2010

In accordance with Florida State Statute 775.21, this news release will serve as public notification that the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office has been given information that a person judged to be a sexual predator is now residing within St. Johns County.

The name of the Sexual Predator is Robert G. Sheffield. He is currently living at 11 Clark Street, St. Augustine. Sheffield is a white male, born 10/18/1949, is 5’05”, 160 lbs. with Brown hair and Green eyes.

Sheffield was convicted in 1998 for sexual battery by an adult on a victim under 12, in Duval County, Florida. He recently moved from Volusia County and has registered as living in St. Johns County.

The public can also access information about all sexual offenders and sexual predators in Florida via the internet through the FDLE website.

Information is also available via a toll-free number to FDLE’s Sexual Predator Unit at (888) 357-7332.

http://www.historiccity.com/2010/staugustine/news/florida/sexual-predator-robert-g-sheffield-2342
scary he looks like some type of neighbor that you would trust and barbecue with.... yuck any relation to the sheffields i haven't found any yet

I have not been able to establish any relations so far. But I do find the 2/16/09 date below interesting.

03/12/1998      SEX BAT BY ADULT/VCTM UNDER 12; F.S. 794.011(2) (PRINCIPAL IN ATTEMPT)      9713291      DUVAL, FL      Guilty/convict
02/16/2009    SX.OFNDR.RE-REGISTR.VIOL.; F.S. 943.0435(14)(a)    0801173    ALACHUA, FL    Guilty/conv

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=14364
well when you click on the explanation of the charge it says you are required to report your residence on the month of your birthday and the sixth month after that... in this case either oct or april... yet he was convicted in feb of not reporting residence... wonder why... was he called attention to after haleigh and they were looking into predators.. i don't see any other acompanying arrests so how did popo figure out he didn't live where he was supposed to?
interesting
duval=jacksonville and alachua=gainsville
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1241 on: January 05, 2010, 11:29:57 AM »

that Sheffield guy is creepy looking...I hope that the police had investigated him thoroughly in regards to Haleigh going missing...
jmo;;;;

cherjers
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1242 on: January 05, 2010, 11:51:37 AM »

How can it be that these people Ron Misty and the rest Of this sorry lot--Have committed the perfect crime.  Le has done a disgraceful job with the investigation in this case-Is LE stupid-Is LE carless-Is there something they don't want to come out.  I just don't get it  this case should have been solved in a month.  Book Misty( False information to police) no bail-- she would haved caved in.  Book Ron for having sex with a minor -child neglect-- leavin his children with a minor and a drug user-hell I am sure they could have come up with charges for the both of them.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1243 on: January 05, 2010, 12:07:42 PM »

How can it be that these people Ron Misty and the rest Of this sorry lot--Have committed the perfect crime.  Le has done a disgraceful job with the investigation in this case-Is LE stupid-Is LE carless-Is there something they don't want to come out.  I just don't get it  this case should have been solved in a month.  Book Misty( False information to police) no bail-- she would haved caved in.  Book Ron for having sex with a minor -child neglect-- leavin his children with a minor and a drug user-hell I am sure they could have come up with charges for the both of them.
Post of the day, I couldn't agree more.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1244 on: January 05, 2010, 12:21:46 PM »

Ditto~then while they are going thru withdrawals from their oxy's and such in jail, interrogate them........I bet after the 3rd day wih no drugs, alcohol or ciggies someone might be willing to talk

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1245 on: January 05, 2010, 12:23:49 PM »

Ditto~then while they are going thru withdrawals from their oxy's and such in jail, interrogate them........I bet after the 3rd day wih no drugs, alcohol or ciggies someone might be willing to talk
You bet, this is way beyond getting old. I remember that Tim Miller was going to come search again, but he didn't, do you or anyone else know why they didn't come back to search?
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1246 on: January 05, 2010, 12:51:54 PM »

You bet, this is way beyond getting old. I remember that Tim Miller was going to come search again, but he didn't, do you or anyone else know why they didn't come back to search?

OK~going by memory here (and my memory sucks), but I believe he is quite frustrated with the family (remember when he called RC and MC those d@mn hillbillies) after he found out they were dragging the kids around to parties etc., and then he said he needed to find those who still had a chance of beeing alive and I know this is hard to hear but he said "she'll be just as de_d today as was yesterday paraphrasing of course. He said he'd always be there for her, but had had it with the family after those 11 days wih Ron/Misty and TN. I can go find the interview, IIRC part was on Geraldo and I think TJ or Steph had the rest of the info. I guess when you encounter families that don't want to help like he has with the Cummings/Anthonys you have to use your assets/skills for those who are cooperating and whose missing ones have a fighting chance.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1247 on: January 05, 2010, 12:57:19 PM »

Thanks IM, I kind of figured that was it, I know Tim was completely frustrated with that bunch  If people don't want to cooperate there are plenty of people with missing loved ones, that would be thrilled to cooperate.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1248 on: January 05, 2010, 01:04:18 PM »

Thanks IM, I kind of figured that was it, I know Tim was completely frustrated with that bunch  If people don't want to cooperate there are plenty of people with missing loved ones, that would be thrilled to cooperate.

I remember now, it was on Geraldo and he spoke to TJ Hart about it too.....I distinctly remember him saying that at this point he didn't even know what to think about Ron, where before he just kept quiet. This is the only other case I can think of other than Caylee A where I have seen him so frustrated and rightly so IMO

[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1249 on: January 05, 2010, 01:19:31 PM »

I remember now, it was on Geraldo and he spoke to TJ Hart about it too.....I distinctly remember him saying that at this point he didn't even know what to think about Ron, where before he just kept quiet. This is the only other case I can think of other than Caylee A where I have seen him so frustrated and rightly so IMO
I know there were some issues with Drew Peterson and looking for Lacy if I'm not mistaken. But other then that no, and why should a person and people wanting to help endure that kind of abuse? I hate to say this, but what I've been feeling for awhile, is I don't have a lot of faith in Haleigh being found, I sure hope I'm wrong. Maybe it is just frustration over all this, and it is coming up to a year since she has been gone.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1250 on: January 05, 2010, 01:41:45 PM »

I know there were some issues with Drew Peterson and looking for Lacy if I'm not mistaken. But other then that no, and why should a person and people wanting to help endure that kind of abuse? I hate to say this, but what I've been feeling for awhile, is I don't have a lot of faith in Haleigh being found, I sure hope I'm wrong. Maybe it is just frustration over all this, and it is coming up to a year since she has been gone.

You're right! I had forgotten about that search and what happened.............I understand you're feeling about HaLeigh being found and pray for divine interevention, honestly that's the only way I see it happening and it's beyond frustrating to me, it is maddening

[
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1251 on: January 05, 2010, 01:59:46 PM »

Brandi

TY

OS

OS, you are very welcome!

I am just having a hard time wrapping my brain around more trouble in Putnam County involving these folks, and what (if anything) following it will do to help find Haleigh.

*sigh*

Hi Monkey, Happy and Blessed New Year to all of you,

Curious by any chance is there a full moon on Dec.31?

Hi Seahorse
Yes there was and it happened to be a blue moon.

SuzieQ,

Thank-you for confirming Dec.31 was a full moon or Blue Moon. I thought a BM was for romance?
I did a little research and I understand a BM is really thirteen full moon's instead of twelve.
That work's in the law's favor, it seem's RC pop's during full moon's and now we have an extra full moon for Ron! 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_moon

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1252 on: January 05, 2010, 02:17:09 PM »

Monday, November 02, 2009
The best part of the night came all the way from Houston!  Mr. Tim Miller from Texas Equusearch drove all the way from Houston, Texas to
the Benefit to meet Crystal and Marie.  They talked like old friends and made plans to search for Haleigh.  Crystal and Marie told us that
they had never met Mr. Tim Miller and if it wasn’t for the Benefit, they probably would not have met.  ....Mission.... accomplished! 

Mr. Tim Miller will use all his resources to help Crystal and Marie and will not give up until Haleigh is found! 

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:vpWSMbTdpuIJ:blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm%3Ffuseaction%3Dblog.view%26friendId%3D264733791%26blogId%3D516845486+tim+miller+search+haleigh+cummings&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Exclusive: Tim Miller Will Keep Searching for Haleigh Cummings!

Oct 28, 2009
http://www.artharris.com/2009/10/28/exclusive-tim-miller-will-keep-searching-for-haleigh-cummings/

Searcher convinced Haleigh dead
Palatka Daily News - 10/24/09

The founder of a search team involved in the quest to find Haleigh Cummings says he believes the child is dead and authorities will be lucky to find her body.

Texas Equusearch founder Tim Miller, who has assisted law enforcement in the search for Haleigh since February, says the group focuses on finding children who still have a chance to be alive. That no longer includes the missing 6-year-old from Satsuma.

"In no way possible do I believe Haleigh is alive," Miller said. "Haleigh's going to be just as deceased tomorrow as she is today, or next week as she was six months ago, bottom line. And I hope I'm wrong about that. But let's try to save the ones that just disappeared or that we have leads on, with people that are cooperating, rather than fighting with these families."

After traveling to Jacksonville to assist in the search for 7-year-old Somer Thompson, whose body was discovered in a south Georgia landfill Thursday, Miller immediately jetted off to Oklahoma in his to aid in solving another disappearance.

"You have to drop everything else you're doing if you have a chance of bringing another home alive, and we have to do that," Miller said.

As for Haleigh, Miller's hope is to give her "the funeral she deserves and the dignity she deserves."

Family members of Haleigh have a different idea.

"We fully believe she's alive," Annette Sykes, Haleigh's paternal grandmother, said Friday. "We believe someone will say something, or the conscience of whoever has her will get the best of them."

Miller believes 17-year-old Misty Cummings holds the key to finding out what really happened between 8 p.m. Feb. 9 and 3 a.m. Feb. 10.

"From being with Misty when the polygraph and voice analysis was done, she says she knows Haleigh is alive. And with the inconsistencies I heard from Misty nonstop, that means Haleigh is not alive," Miller said.

Cummings was babysitting Haleigh the night she disappeared from the Satsuma residence. Investigators with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office have said inconsistencies remain in her story.

http://www.crimenews2000.com/print.php?news.1863

The last update regarding HaLeigh on Texas Equusearch site was posted on 26. Aug, 2009 by smckinney in Active Cases, Featured Articles,
http://texasequusearch.org/2009/08/haleigh-cummings-breaking-news/

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1253 on: January 05, 2010, 02:32:16 PM »

Reporter’s Notes: Haleigh Cummings, The Night She Vanished

Posted on January 5th, 2010
by Jan Barrett in Society and Culture, crime

This in from TJ Hart - Jan Barrett

The evening February 9, 2009, then-5-year-old HaLeigh Cummings was seen for the last time by her babysitter-turned-stepmom-now ex-wife of her father, Misty Croslin, who was just 17 at the time.

Very little information about what happened to HaLeigh and who might have taken her has been made public since the first 24 hours into the case despite the thousands of tips and numerous ground searches.

The original Putnam County incident report stated that deputies Nelson and Bridges arrived at the home of HaLeigh’s father , Ronald Cummings, at Hermit’s Cove in Satsuma, FL at approximately 3:40 a.m. February 10, 2009.  Deputy Nelson wrote in the report that Ronald was standing in the driveway and was visibly upset.

PCSO Original Incident Report

According to the report, Ronald stated that he had just come home from work and his “dumb bitch girlfriend” had told him that his daughter was missing.

Ronald told the deputy he did not know what she was wearing and that all he knew was that the back door was open. Ronald repeatedly said someone had taken his child and that “when I find him, I will kill him.”

At this point, some have to questioned if Ronald actually knew the gender of HaLeigh’s abductor or was just saying “him” referring to anyone.

Another part of the report does indicate that the babysitter Misty Croslin had taken the children out of the home in the past while sitting with them. When deputy Nelson asked her if she ever took the children for a walk, Misty stated that sometimes she took them for a walk to see her family.

AUDIO/Text Police Radio (Audio) Transmissions and Transcript:  http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5173311.php

http://www.bloggernews.net/123457

Heart
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1254 on: January 05, 2010, 03:02:09 PM »

Thanks Heart 
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1255 on: January 05, 2010, 04:57:41 PM »

Reporter’s Notes: Haleigh Cummings, The Night She Vanished

Posted on January 5th, 2010
by Jan Barrett in Society and Culture, crime

This in from TJ Hart - Jan Barrett

The evening February 9, 2009, then-5-year-old HaLeigh Cummings was seen for the last time by her babysitter-turned-stepmom-now ex-wife of her father, Misty Croslin, who was just 17 at the time.

Very little information about what happened to HaLeigh and who might have taken her has been made public since the first 24 hours into the case despite the thousands of tips and numerous ground searches.

The original Putnam County incident report stated that deputies Nelson and Bridges arrived at the home of HaLeigh’s father , Ronald Cummings, at Hermit’s Cove in Satsuma, FL at approximately 3:40 a.m. February 10, 2009.  Deputy Nelson wrote in the report that Ronald was standing in the driveway and was visibly upset.

PCSO Original Incident Report

According to the report, Ronald stated that he had just come home from work and his “dumb bitch girlfriend” had told him that his daughter was missing.

Ronald told the deputy he did not know what she was wearing and that all he knew was that the back door was open. Ronald repeatedly said someone had taken his child and that “when I find him, I will kill him.”

At this point, some have to questioned if Ronald actually knew the gender of HaLeigh’s abductor or was just saying “him” referring to anyone.

Another part of the report does indicate that the babysitter Misty Croslin had taken the children out of the home in the past while sitting with them. When deputy Nelson asked her if she ever took the children for a walk, Misty stated that sometimes she took them for a walk to see her family.

AUDIO/Text Police Radio (Audio) Transmissions and Transcript:  http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5173311.php

http://www.bloggernews.net/123457
not that it matters but i always heard it as when i find em as in them not necessarily meaning plural though... but the dumb bitch girlfriend i heard loud and clear
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1256 on: January 05, 2010, 05:08:48 PM »

Hello Monkeys, God I wish something....anything could be found out about that night in question before the 1 year anniversity gets here, I agree with IM ,,this case should have been solved within the first couple weeks and I agree that they should have locked Misty and Ronald up for awhile and see what happened then.....might have done nothing, but it might have solved this case who knows, I just wish HaLeigh could be found.

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1257 on: January 05, 2010, 05:08:57 PM »

Steven Kyle Crews

Officer at county jail arrested for sexual battery, child porn

Written by Joel Addington   
Monday, 04 January 2010

A corrections officer at the Baker County jail north of Macclenny was fired December 4 after his arrest the previous day on charges of sexual battery and possession of child pornography by the Bradford County Sheriff's Department.

Steven Kyle Crews, 35, lived in Baker County and worked at Baker Correctional Institute in 2005 before moving to Virginia, said Sheriff Joey Dobson. He said Mr. Crews then moved back to Florida to work at New River Correctional Institute and now lives in Bradford County.

Mr. Crews began employment at the county jail last May.

"He hadn't been the best employee, but he hadn't been the worst either," Mr. Dobson said of Mr. Crews' work history before being hired.

Sheriff Dobson said a Baker County warrant for sexual battery is being forwarded to Bradford authorities for abuse believed to have occurred here. Warrants are expected from Virginia law enforcement as well.

The victim was under 12 years old. Mr. Crews' alleged crimes were reported by a family member.

He's being held on a $200,000 bond.

http://www.bakercountypress.com/

Heart
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1258 on: January 05, 2010, 05:14:37 PM »

bold and underlined
so sad but true, then folks that turn away help, or avoid help,just sad
makes me think, no respect, or guilty, or both

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1259 on: January 05, 2010, 05:26:44 PM »

Officer at county jail arrested for sexual battery, child porn

The victim was under 12 years old. Mr. Crews' alleged crimes were reported by a family member.

but mom dad you said i could trust the police officer/officer
now WTF has that broken trust done to the child
i just cant describe how disgusted and angry, i am

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.