March 29, 2024, 09:12:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #28 11/10/09 - 1/21/10  (Read 544632 times)
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #580 on: December 08, 2009, 05:48:18 PM »

New #haleighcummings article BNN http://www.bloggernews.net/123222

from the tweet site
Thanks Searching...that was a load of information that I have  never heard

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #581 on: December 08, 2009, 05:55:55 PM »

Father who identified remains as human shares details (11:00 A.M. UPDATE, PHOTOS, REPORT)

11:30 a.m. UPDATE:

The father of the girl who found the human remains behind Twin Cities Hospital said she and friends located what they thought were human remains on Saturday afternoon.

Leon Perkins, who lives on Hart Drive, said he was watching football with friends when the girls came in. Perkins said it was dark at the time, so he went the next morning to investigate.

That's when he saw a human skull, a jawbone about 20 feet away, some ribs and other bones. Perkins immediately called 911.

MORE...
http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/work-23412-investigators-niceville.html

geez..your kid comes in and tells you that they found a skeleton and you wait the next day to go look yourself and then call the police? wouldn't you just call the police right away? I am pretty sure that I would anyways...even if dad didn't want to go look cause it was dark, the police could certainly go look imo....

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #582 on: December 08, 2009, 06:23:29 PM »

New #haleighcummings article BNN http://www.bloggernews.net/123222

from the tweet site
Thanks Searching...that was a load of information that I have  never heard

You are welcome.

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #583 on: December 08, 2009, 06:26:22 PM »

Father who identified remains as human shares details (11:00 A.M. UPDATE, PHOTOS, REPORT)

The father of the girl who found the human remains behind Twin Cities Hospital said she and friends located what they thought were human remains on Saturday afternoon.

Leon Perkins, who lives on Hart Drive, said he was watching football with friends when the girls came in. Perkins said it was dark at the time, so he went the next morning to investigate.

That's when he saw a human skull, a jawbone about 20 feet away, some ribs and other bones. Perkins immediately called 911.

MORE...

geez..your kid comes in and tells you that they found a skeleton and you wait the next day to go look yourself and then call the police? wouldn't you just call the police right away? I am pretty sure that I would anyways...even if dad didn't want to go look cause it was dark, the police could certainly go look imo....
Yes cooks, but, reading into his statement, he was watching football with friends (probably drinking since his kids were wondering the woods after dark) so he waited until the next day to call when he was not drinking....  So my question is WTH were these children doing in the woods after dark.. HELLOOOOO DCF Wake up before another goes missing. FTLOG WTH is wrong with people...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #584 on: December 08, 2009, 06:47:52 PM »

MORE...

Yes cooks, but, reading into his statement, he was watching football with friends (probably drinking since his kids were wondering the woods after dark) so he waited until the next day to call when he was not drinking....  So my question is WTH were these children doing in the woods after dark.. HELLOOOOO DCF Wake up before another goes missing. FTLOG WTH is wrong with people...

I know....I wondered that same thing...why were the kids out after dark in this day and age?

Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #585 on: December 08, 2009, 09:11:18 PM »

Legally Misty is a minor till she turns 18 and is awarded all the goodies it gives. Yes, she married but she is still a minor as far as arrests and interrogations. IIRC, during the rat charges, Misty was a witness, if you notice they did not let her information out. On the report, they blocked her out just like a child. So, yes, she was awarded some anonymity due to her age. Also interrogations are very different with a child than with an adult.

Arrests, not much difference but interrogations, big difference.
Google emancipation of a minor in the state of Florida. One automatically becomes an emancipated minor if they marry. There is NO DIFFERENCE in an emancipated minor and an adult according to the statutes of the state of Florida. Misty has been considered an adult since the day she married Ron.

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #586 on: December 08, 2009, 09:47:23 PM »

O/T hopefully. 350 miles plus from Satsuma, Niceville, Fl

Investigators work scene where skeletal remains found (8 P.M. UPDATE w/ PHOTOS)

Yeah......Niceville is way out on the Panhandle...between Pensacola and Panama City Beach. However, I have learned never say never when it comes to distance. How far would you go to dispose of a dead body?? I know I wouldn't have a problem hopping onto I-10 and driving the distance...it's an easy, straight shot. Anywho....I doubt it is Haleigh. I'll take a wild guess and say it is of a homeless person. And we wait......

Wink
Police piecing together skeleton found by kids
Niceville, FL
2009-12-08 15:56:41

Leon Perkins, who lives on Hart Drive, said he was watching football with friends when the girls came in. Perkins said it was dark at the time, so he went the next morning to investigate. See photos from the scene »

“You could tell it had been there awhile,” he said. “That may have lessened the seriousness of it. It wasn’t like seeing a dead body.”

Also scattered about what looked like a former camp site, Perkins said, were rib bones, a scapula and a femur. Perkins said it was obvious the body had been disturbed.

“I’m sure it was animals,” he said.

Earlier Tuesday, Niceville police released the call history record for the discovery of a human remains near Twin Cities Hospital.

The report shows a man called 911 at 11:35 a.m. Sunday saying that his daughter had found a human skull in the wooded area near the emergency room parking lot. Within seven minutes, a Niceville police officer was on scene.

By 2 p.m., a Florida Department of Law Enforcement agent was there. An hour later, the medical examiner arrived. By late afternoon, the decision was made to call in a part-time police officer to guard the remains, according to the report.

The first phase of the long and tedious process of recovering skeletal remains found near Twin Cities Hospital was being wrapped up Monday afternoon.

Jeff Martin, director of the First Judicial Circuit Medical Examiner’s Office, reported at about 2:30 p.m. that he and FDLE investigators were “in the process of picking up and laying out” what forensic evidence had been recovered.

“It’s a skeleton at this point,” Martin said. “We’re laying it out so we know what we’ve got and what we don’t have.”

Martin said it was too early to determine whether foul play had been involved in the death of the person, whose bones were found Sunday by neighborhood children.

He said there was no way, until the bones are studied in a laboratory setting, to determine the race, sex or age of the victim.

Martin also said it is unclear how much the body has been exposed to the elements and scavengers, and therefore they can’t determine immediately how long the person has been dead.

“Right now we’ve collected what is seen to us in the open,” he said. “We’ve photographed, measured, picked up and assembled everything in one location so that we can tell what bones are present and what bones are not present.”

Crime scene investigators worked through the night and into Monday morning gathering evidence following the grisly discovery.

Late Sunday, Niceville police reported that children playing in the woods near Twin Cities Hospital had found “human skeletal remains.”

The Police Department added nothing to its initial report during the day Monday.

“There is absolutely nothing new,” Lt. Randy Sallee said at 11 a.m. “We’re not going to comment on anything before we find out what we’ve got. As soon as we find out we’ll let you know.”

Sallee did not return numerous calls to his office made through the day Monday.

Sallee did confirm that the Medical Examiner’s Office and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement were on the scene in a wooded area just off the emergency room entrance of the Twin Cities Hospital complex.

One man, a registered nurse at the hospital, said he’d formerly worked as a police officer and knew the wooded area to be frequented by vagrants.

The FDLE brought its mobile crime lab unit to the scene Monday and parked it in woods that lie just south of the parking area for the Twin Cities Hospital emergency room. Authorities had roped off a wide expanse of woods.

FDLE spokesman Mike Morrison referred questions about the discovery to the Niceville Police Department
http://www.newsherald.com/common/printer/view.php?db=newsherald&id=79717
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 09:51:13 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #587 on: December 08, 2009, 09:51:40 PM »

Thanks for the article, Nut.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #588 on: December 09, 2009, 12:26:48 AM »

:HelloKitty::

Hi Wyks~good to see you...........from what we last heard Ron has a two attorneys, one for the custody which IIRC is Beardsley and one criminal defense Terry Shoemaker. I only recall this so well from his Nancy Grace appearance when Shoemaker stated that Ron had been moved to the "bottom" of the suspect list You'd think an attorney would have chosen his words more carefully. I will have to go dig around to find out about Misty's attys name but he is also a criminal defense atty

I don't understand the need for defense atty's, maybe family spokesman of someone to help guide you thru the process of everything, but a criminal defense atty to keep you from the LE I will never understand along with many aspects of this sad case and this precious angel an angelic monkey

Hey IM!     Good to see you too! 

Yep.  I can understand Ron's need for a child custody atty, since Crystal had retained one. 
Seems impractical to face a possible custody fight without an atty as well.   But a criminal defense atty?     Why would a person think they'd need one, if they weren't guilty and hadn't been charged with anything? 

This may be incredibly naive of me, in the legal sense, in this day and age... And yet... whatever happened to "tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth".. and then.. throwing yourself on the mercy of the court.  Has all that become nothing but a big joke, a thing from the dinosaur age? 

From watching sev. court cases publicized, it does seem that in many cases, the defense atty has often become more defending AGAINST the truth at any cost.. than anything regarding 'truth, justice, and the american way'. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #589 on: December 09, 2009, 12:41:17 AM »

Area by Hart street, Niceville.. Twin City hospital.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #590 on: December 09, 2009, 12:45:49 AM »

I am not sure what charges LE could bring to justify locking Misty up, but if they involve Haleigh she likely would not be in general population and would have special status, much like Casey. It seems that the perps are afforded more protection than the victims in our present system. I do think Misty holds the key and I am sure she is not alone in her knowledge of what happened that night.

I'd think charges of negligence for starters... A child went missing under her care.  Then moving right along to impeding an investigation.  (by changing her story every time she told it).  While it's true that we don't know what all she has told LE, she's told them enough and in ways that they have stated publically that they "aren't buying any of it".   But I'm not a legal-beagle monkey.  Can those kind of charges be brought against her?  If not, are there any?  Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?  Sigh.....

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #591 on: December 09, 2009, 12:50:16 AM »

Legally Misty is a minor till she turns 18 and is awarded all the goodies it gives. Yes, she married but she is still a minor as far as arrests and interrogations. IIRC, during the rat charges, Misty was a witness, if you notice they did not let her information out. On the report, they blocked her out just like a child. So, yes, she was awarded some anonymity due to her age. Also interrogations are very different with a child than with an adult.

Arrests, not much difference but interrogations, big difference.

Heheheeeeeeee!  Whatcha want to bet that LE is gonna be all eyes for pulling Misty in on any technicality after 12:01 am?   Monkey Devil!

clarice
Scared Monkey

« Reply #592 on: December 09, 2009, 06:31:08 AM »

Where is Misty and Ronald? Did they fly the coop?   
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #593 on: December 09, 2009, 08:24:14 AM »

Where is Misty and Ronald? Did they fly the coop?   

Soooo OT and sooooo wrong...my husband walked by the computer while I was reading this post and said "What is that M&M doing to that reindeer"?  I nearly fell out the chair laughing!  Needed a good belly laugh this am.  Ya'll have a wonderful day.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #594 on: December 09, 2009, 12:59:10 PM »

:HelloKitty::

Hi Wyks~good to see you...........from what we last heard Ron has a two attorneys, one for the custody which IIRC is Beardsley and one criminal defense Terry Shoemaker. I only recall this so well from his Nancy Grace appearance when Shoemaker stated that Ron had been moved to the "bottom" of the suspect list You'd think an attorney would have chosen his words more carefully. I will have to go dig around to find out about Misty's attys name but he is also a criminal defense atty

I don't understand the need for defense atty's, maybe family spokesman of someone to help guide you thru the process of everything, but a criminal defense atty to keep you from the LE I will never understand along with many aspects of this sad case and this precious angel an angelic monkey

Hey IM!     Good to see you too! 

Yep.  I can understand Ron's need for a child custody atty, since Crystal had retained one. 
Seems impractical to face a possible custody fight without an atty as well.   But a criminal defense atty?     Why would a person think they'd need one, if they weren't guilty and hadn't been charged with anything?  

This may be incredibly naive of me, in the legal sense, in this day and age... And yet... whatever happened to "tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth".. and then.. throwing yourself on the mercy of the court.  Has all that become nothing but a big joke, a thing from the dinosaur age? 

From watching sev. court cases publicized, it does seem that in many cases, the defense atty has often become more defending AGAINST the truth at any cost.. than anything regarding 'truth, justice, and the american way'. 

Hmmmmmm- great question Wyks! I feel it is to keep LE from pestering him with those silly questions about what happened to his daughter   I guess being unccoperative with LE in his mind is the right thing to do. I agree about the defense atty's defending against the truth at ALL cost, too bad Haleigh and those who love her are paying the price. I hope it was worth it to all withholding every tidbit of info they could to help move this case along. What a sad day we are approaching and my heart is heavy and sad because I honestly feel we may never find this angel unless it's accidental and there may never be justice. Par for the course in this county from the records I've seen

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #595 on: December 09, 2009, 03:27:01 PM »

I must say, If I was being accused by my ex of abuse and fingers pointed at me with no proof of wrong doing, I would most certainly hire myself an attorney. It is a sad day when the family members on both sides of the family of a missing child are accused of wrong doing even after LE has said they are not suspects. I guess for some, even when truth of lies and shadiness from the attorney of the one they hold so high up and support, it is easier to continue to trash the father then admit the mother told several lies and has lost her credibility... Have a good day all. I am not wanting to see the family on either side be trashed today or any day but just so close to the Christmas holiday, I cant stomach it..

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #596 on: December 09, 2009, 03:32:31 PM »

I must say, If I was being accused by my ex of abuse and fingers pointed at me with no proof of wrong doing, I would most certainly hire myself an attorney. It is a sad day when the family members on both sides of the family of a missing child are accused of wrong doing even after LE has said they are not suspects. I guess for some, even when truth of lies and shadiness from the attorney of the one they hold so high up and support, it is easier to continue to trash the father then admit the mother told several lies and has lost her credibility... Have a good day all. I am not wanting to see the family on either side be trashed today or any day but just so close to the Christmas holiday, I cant stomach it..

Have a great day

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #597 on: December 09, 2009, 03:44:29 PM »

snip from Searching above:

I must say, If I was being accused by my ex of abuse and fingers pointed at me with no proof of wrong doing, I would most certainly hire myself an attorney.

I think that you are probably right about why Ron has an attorney...I think that he was almost forced into doing it...jmo...especially if there is libel out there about him...

Wasn't Crystal the first one to hire an attorney? ..what was her reason behind that ? also, does she have an attorney now and if so, what kind of an attorney...And don't lawyers cross over and take cases that are not necessarily in their expertise? if it is a case that they felt that they could contribute something to their client ? just asking....
why do any parents of missing children feel that it is the thing to do anymore? I remember when JonBenet went missing and when her parents hired an attorney, everyone was saying that they must be guilty or else why hire an attorney...Now it seems to be the norm...child goes missing, hire an attorney...sigh....

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #598 on: December 09, 2009, 03:49:39 PM »

snip from Searching above:

I must say, If I was being accused by my ex of abuse and fingers pointed at me with no proof of wrong doing, I would most certainly hire myself an attorney.

I think that you are probably right about why Ron has an attorney...I think that he was almost forced into doing it...jmo...especially if there is libel out there about him...

Wasn't Crystal the first one to hire an attorney? ..what was her reason behind that ? also, does she have an attorney now and if so, what kind of an attorney...And don't lawyers cross over and take cases that are not necessarily in their expertise? if it is a case that they felt that they could contribute something to their client ? just asking....
why do any parents of missing children feel that it is the thing to do anymore? I remember when JonBenet went missing and when her parents hired an attorney, everyone was saying that they must be guilty or else why hire an attorney...Now it seems to be the norm...child goes missing, hire an attorney...sigh....

I can understand an attorney, but not a CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY!!!!!!!!
Crystal does have one attorney, for custody issues etc., Ron has TWO attorneys, one for custody etc, and a criminal defense atty........not so normal really IMO to have 2 atty's much less on for criminal matters

[
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #599 on: December 09, 2009, 04:58:51 PM »

I agree!  What it boils down to, IMO, isn't so much that he hired an atty, it's the weirdness of specifically hiring a criminal defense atty, when he has not been charged with anything.  We've already said that it's understandable why he hired the other type of atty, likely most of us would have done the same. 

And I dunno, I don't see our questioning his hiring a criminal defense atty, as having anything to do with trashing him or his side of the family, no matter what time of the year it is.  Had Crystal hired that type of atty, with no charges being brought against her, then I'd wonder the same thing about her.  Only reason we're questioning this is because of HIS own actions.  We're not trashing him.  IMO.  Discussion for understanding.  Discussion is better than no posting on this case ever again until Haleigh is found. 

If ya's don't agree, then by all means, please skip on over and have a nice day.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.