April 19, 2024, 07:35:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cookie Dough Ornaments  (Read 6768 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: December 10, 2006, 03:37:07 PM »

Recipe for cookie dough ornaments:

2 cups flour
1 cup iodized salt
1 cup water (I use diluted coffee for added color)

Mix the flour and salt together thoroughy until completely blended.  Add water slowly stirring constantly.  Kneed dough just like you were making bread.  

Shape the ornaments on the same cookie sheet you are going to bake them on.  Teflon works best.  I take pieces of the dough and roll into a ball then shape them on the pan.  I use tools like sticks, etc to make indentations where wanted.  When you are done shaping your ornament, cut a paperclip in half and push it into the top.

Bake for about 2 hours at 300, just sortof depends upon the size and thickness of your ornament.

Paint with water based acrylic paint and spray with a clear acrylic varnish and you are done.  Ornaments need to be stored flat and in a cool dry place or they won't last through the years.

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 07:09:06 PM »

Klaas thats adorable.. Smile  Ty for the recipe .. have old ornaments we did as kids like that.. guess my mom has patience with my brother and I Smile
 I am sure your students will just adore it!
I made wreaths for my teachers and my kids teachers.. out of a wire hanger.. shape it into a circle. and  use white small trash can bags.. tie each one on it in a knot.. time comsuming as heck.. fluff it out.. and I got spray glue.. sprayed it.. and put glitter on it.. got pine cones.. glitteres those and wired them to the wreath and other various items.. stickers  etc.. and a nice bow on  it too.. Smile
 Even boight some decorative brooms at the crafy store.. and made some nice holiday ones as well. I used to really get into it years ago..  I have since lost my patience.. which sucks.. cause things like that do make nice gifts.. and are inexpensive to do and it comes from the heart most of all.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 07:22:56 PM »

The funny thing is too..  I learned how to do the wreaths when I was in Kindergarten.. LOL  My mom still puts it out after 36 years  Shocked
  Of course I do  a much better job in my elderly age..  Wink
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 08:09:50 PM »

Cookies? We have a cookie thread now? Woohooo !!!!!!!   Laughing

I still have the dough ornaments my two did, plus several frosted pine cones, even a wise man son made from a toilet paper roll at bible school. All tiny treasures !

I continue to stand with the girl.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 05:05:23 PM »

Well, I did have the gold-sprayed-macaroni-on-the-lid ornament....hung it a little too low and now I have 1/3 ornament.  The chocolate lab enjoyed his dessert. Did you know that a two year old lab can reach/jump a good six feet without knocking over a tree?? I too have old bread dough ornaments...but not nearly as cute as Klaas's.  Those will make happy memories for the recipient.
tidycat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 07:47:38 PM »

Klaas, Thanks for posting this.  I've wanted this recipe.  A friend at work one year made lots of elaborate ornaments and they were beautiful.  I'm not that talented, LOL!

Sigh.  I'll always be behind.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.