April 23, 2024, 02:32:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: !@#$%&*! tree pic  (Read 6278 times)
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« on: December 10, 2006, 09:43:29 PM »

Well, here is the tre. The pic is the best I can do with the crappy little camera that I have. Does not do it justice.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 09:42:37 AM »

I'm sure it's lovely in person....did you try taking a shot without the lights on?  Just thinking the color of the tree, lighting & flash may have been the cause of the distortion in your picture.  

Nonetheless, I'm sure you and your son will enjoy it, and thank you for sharing it with us.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 11:31:36 AM »

oh Justins I have the same problem, daughter takes far better photos than I do. Even with a good digital camera I just cannot seem to get the clarity she does, I feel for ya.

It still looks so festive but maybe you should try what NJSon's suggested, for I'll bet cutting the lights off would help?

Happy Holidays sweet Justins, I do hope you and Justin are so enjoying your patriotic tree !

I continue to stand with the girl.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 05:55:10 PM »

I'll give it a try without the tree lights and during daylight.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 09:46:59 PM »

I know you had to be pissed cuz we were all razzing you so bad and then you went to the trouble to clean just for us!  lol  I am sure it is beautiful.... Do you like the tree?
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 09:53:47 PM »

there was a story on the front page of our hometown newspaper today....this older couple....decorate every 3 years(because it takes so long) every room the house is decorated and has a theme....even the laundry room!! Shocked  there was a pic of a pink christmas tree that actually was really pretty!!! never thought of having a pink tree! Laughing
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 10:03:06 PM »

Quote from: "Frijole"
I know you had to be pissed cuz we were all razzing you so bad and then you went to the trouble to clean just for us!  lol  I am sure it is beautiful.... Do you like the tree?

Yes, I do like the tree a great deal. I'm already thinking about the next few seasons!  Wink LOL! Bought more pine cones and blue and burgundy spray paint. Wonder how the tree would look with those as the main ornaments? That's the difficulty with most themes~ it takes 2-3 years to aquire sufficient ornaments, and by then I'm ready to move on to another theme! The pine cones can be "aquired" quite easily, as it all it takes is buying enough of them and cans of paint. I've also been somewhat drawn to the more more recent black ornaments that are marketed. It's a strange color for Christmas, but a nice contrast on a white tree. But then, red is too. And I really like pink flamingos. A nativity tree would be lovely. Drat if I did not see an "Irish" tree this year! I so wish that I had the room (and money) to display more than one tree. My previous house could accomodate two or more trees, but not where we are now. We won't be here forever, though! Luckily, some of my ornaments match differing themes. For example, my poinsetta ornaments go nicely with my Victorian ones.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 10:27:51 PM »

J's Mom - sounds beautiful and it is obvious you care very much and are quite creative.  That's more than 1/2 the battle... with your ideas you're taken care of for the next 5 years!  lol  

I took photos of my tree to post but still haven't figured out what's wrong with my software that allows you to download it... actually it is a problem with my HP all in one fax/scanner/copier... I already tried their fix on the site... so that's why I haven't exactly jumped at the chance to try it again.  Ugh.

Thanks for sharing your ideas and your tree with us!!!!
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 10:33:13 PM »

Bean~ Kind of interesting to describe me as creative. Last evening, I was talking with the gal who was my best friend in junior and senior high school (she has lived in Colorado since junior year of college). Told her about making a miniature fire hydrant for one of my clients. She did a verbal double take, shocked that I now do crafts. LOL!

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 10:36:54 PM »

Speaking of that same friend... she was telling me how she is (in her eyes) a "f" up, and how I earned (in her eyes) my kudos in life. Kind of ironic, as I always felt somewhat inferior to her, and her mother disapproved of me, while we were growing into adulthood.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 08:12:38 AM »

Yeah J Mom...with time, we "evolve" I guess  Laughing  Laughing   Good for you.  You should be proud - that was a compliment.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.