April 18, 2024, 12:20:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #151 11/4/09 - 11/20/09  (Read 412841 times)
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #1240 on: November 11, 2009, 11:35:41 PM »

FWIW, Nurses are taught to never recap a needle but rather dispose of it in a sharps container, bottle with a cap,coffee can,etc. This is to prevent needle sticks as most occur while recapping. This is a huge issue in hospitals to prevent spread of disease such as hepatitis,hiv, and other illnesses spread by contact with blood. This has been common practice in hospitals and clinics since the early '80s and the arrival of HIV, AIDS.

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1241 on: November 11, 2009, 11:44:26 PM »

There was a prescription for Caylee for Gentamicin, which is an injectable antibiotic. So that places syringes in the Anthony home.

Hat tip, tupelohoneyBlumonkey or another of our resident nurses-what kind of needle would be used for Gentamicin?  Where I live, pharmacies provide extra medicine taking equipment to parents of small children.  I guess they reason medicine cups and syringes may get lost/destroyed in the hand-to-hand combat that sometimes ensues.   

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1242 on: November 12, 2009, 12:22:09 AM »

O.k., doing a little research here  http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a682275.html and found Gentamicin is either injected into a large muscle (I.e. the buttocks or hip) or as an IV fluid through a needle or catheter placed in a vein for at least 30 minutes 1-3 times a day.  Being that Caylee was a toddler, intramuscular would have been applicable.

Question: Where can I find the info (or link) to the Gentamicin prescription? Do we know why she was prescribed Gentamicin (as opposed to Penicillen, Amoxycillen, Erythromycin,etc.)?  From all indications I've read, this really wouldn't be the antibiotic of choice for: a toddler OR a simple urinary tract/ear infection.  Am I missing something here?   TIA

Forecast for the Day:
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1243 on: November 12, 2009, 12:25:04 AM »

Well, time to head out.  Going to check a few more things before I call it quits for the night.  Have a good night and take good care!  God bless you!

Forecast for the Day:
Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1244 on: November 12, 2009, 02:13:45 AM »

Hello again monkeys,,,,I have another question!!!..For everyone that has looked up "How to make Chloroform" did anyone happen to notice how much is made from one application? I know I could go look it up but I am just wondering if someone else happen to have picked up on that little tidbit!!..

Thank you in advance....

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

It depends but as little as one cup of bleach and a few ml of acetone, the bleach is chilled in the freezer until slushy then the acetone is added and possibly a little more ice to cool if required. The process takes about 45 mins or until it turns milky and separates.

Jinks!!! I guess we were looking it up at the same time. 

Wow!! hi Fanny what are you doing up so late 

Hi Miki! I have a lot on my mind tonight.

I found out a lethal dose is 4 tablespoons of chloroform for an adult, if my math is correct.
For a child it would be much less.   

I wonder what size bottle that was that was found with the needle inside. I don't remember and I'm too tired to look back. If it was a liter bottle, it could make several tablespoons of it. 

Fell asleep at the computer, I have keyboard face 
I don't think the chloroform was to kill merely to render unconscious, after which the duct tape could be applied without a struggle. In which case I guess it would be premeditated. After all who would want to try and duct tape a wriggling screaming baby 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1245 on: November 12, 2009, 06:20:41 AM »

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1246 on: November 12, 2009, 06:24:23 AM »

O.k., doing a little research here  http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a682275.html and found Gentamicin is either injected into a large muscle (I.e. the buttocks or hip) or as an IV fluid through a needle or catheter placed in a vein for at least 30 minutes 1-3 times a day.  Being that Caylee was a toddler, intramuscular would have been applicable.

Question: Where can I find the info (or link) to the Gentamicin prescription? Do we know why she was prescribed Gentamicin (as opposed to Penicillen, Amoxycillen, Erythromycin,etc.)?  From all indications I've read, this really wouldn't be the antibiotic of choice for: a toddler OR a simple urinary tract/ear infection.  Am I missing something here?   TIA

I don't usually post on this thread.  I have not seen the prescription.  Gentamicin eyedrops is standard treatment for conjunctivitis (pink eye).
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1247 on: November 12, 2009, 06:25:55 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m11d11-Casey-Anthony-case-Report-says-chloroform-found-in-bottle-near-Caylee-Anthony-is-miniscule
Casey Anthony case: Report says chloroform found in sports bottle near Caylee Anthony is miniscule
November 11, 4:18 PMCrime ExaminerCindy Adams
On Friday, more documents were released in the case against accused murderer, Casey Anthony. Among them was a report that indicated traces of chloroform were found inside a sports drink and a plastic syringe that were found near Caylee Anthony's remains.

Casey, 23, is charged with the first-degree murder of Caylee, 2.
To see a slideshow of photos of the syringe, Gatorade bottle, and other evidence, click here.
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m11d6-Slideshow-New-photo-evidence-released-in-Casey-Anthony-case-including-syringe-baby-doll
Dr. Michael Rickenbach with the FBI determined that the syringe contained testosterone, ethanol, chloroform, and water.

According to Hal Boedeker with the Orlando Sentinel, news station WKMG is now reporting that the amount of chloroform found is miniscule and may not be the damning evidence needed to convict Casey of her daughter’s murder.

WKMG reporter Tony Pipitone said the station used an independent chemist to confirm that the concentration of chloroform found in the bottle was about 12 parts per billion. This is minor when compared to the 80 parts per billion of chloroform that can be found in tap water.

The report indicates that more testosterone than chloroform was found.
To read the entomology report, click here.
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m11d6-Casey-Anthony-case-Read-the-forensic-entomology-report
Casey’s murder trial is slated to begin June 2010.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1248 on: November 12, 2009, 06:28:17 AM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/111109-anthony-deposition

Casey Anthony during a motion hearing May 28, 2009.

Depositions in Anthony case Thursday

Updated: Wednesday, 11 Nov 2009, 5:07 PM EST
Published : Wednesday, 11 Nov 2009, 5:07 PM EST

More depositions are scheduled to take place Thursday in the case against Casey Anthony.

The girlfriend of her brother Lee, Mallory Parker, and a private investigators will be deposed Thursday.

Mallory Parker will give her deposition Thursday morning and when she is done Dominic Casey will be deposed. He is the private investigators who worked for George and Cindy Anthony.
Caasey Anthony has pleaded not guilty on charges that she killed her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie , claiming a babysitter kidnapped her toddler. Caylee was last seen in June of 2008, but she was not reported missing until a month later. Her remains were found in woods near the family's home in December.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1249 on: November 12, 2009, 06:46:37 AM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/21576734/detail.html
Lab Analyzes Syringe Found Near Caylee
Chemist Calls Amount Of Chloroform 'Insignificant'
Tony Pipitone
POSTED: Tuesday, November 10, 2009
UPDATED: 9:59 pm EST November 11, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The presence of chloroform in a bottle and syringe recovered within inches of homicide victim Caylee Anthony’s skull is chemically insignificant, according to a chemist who analyzed FBI lab results for Local 6.
The chemical was found in a liquid contained in a Cool Blue Gatorade bottle and syringe, which were inside a World of Disney bag that lay just six inches from the 2-year-old’s skull, when it was found in December.

The girl’s mother, Casey Anthony, is charged with murder and aggravated child abuse in connection with the death, which the medical examiner ruled a homicide, though the cause of death is undetermined.
The traces of chloroform in the liquid received much media attention last week, when its presence was noted in more than 2,000 pages of documents released by the Orange-Osceola State Attorney’s Office.

HLN cable news personality Nancy Grace stated on her show the syringe was “loaded” with chloroform, and legal analysts have called the chloroform discovery a “smoking gun” or otherwise damaging to the defense.

But a closer look the FBI laboratory test results on the liquid reveals the level of chloroform in the liquid constitutes only about 12 parts per billion. By comparison, drinking water can contain up to 80 parts per billion of chloroform and its chemical cousins and still pass the Environmental Protection Agency standards for chlorinated drinking water.

Neither prosecutors nor defense attorneys would comment on the findings, but Local 6 took them to an independent chemist who said the presence of chloroform at that level was not significant.

The FBI chemist who did the tests did not even mention chloroform in his final report, turned over to investigators in July 2009 – two months after he started testing the substance.

In his report, Michael Rickenbach stated the “whitish/murky liquid … could be from a type of cleaning product. Additionally, a mixture of testosterone compounds” was identified in both the bottle and syringe.

That would suggest the syringe and bottle may be connected to someone injecting testosterone – a steroid often used by body builders and others seeking to increase muscle mass.

DNA tests on the bottle and syringe failed to produce any results.
Without any evidence tying Casey Anthony to the steroid mixture, Gatorade bottle or syringe, the contents of the World of Disney bag and its proximity to Caylee may be of no evidentiary value to either the state or the defense.

~ Peter Frampton
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1250 on: November 12, 2009, 07:13:28 AM »

Depositions in Anthony case Thursday

Updated: Wednesday, 11 Nov 2009, 5:07 PM EST
Published : Wednesday, 11 Nov 2009, 5:07 PM EST

More depositions are scheduled to take place Thursday in the case against Casey Anthony.

The girlfriend of her brother Lee, Mallory Parker, and a private investigators will be deposed Thursday.

Mallory Parker will give her deposition Thursday morning and when she is done Dominic Casey will be deposed. He is the private investigators who worked for George and Cindy Anthony.
Caasey Anthony has pleaded not guilty on charges that she killed her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie , claiming a babysitter kidnapped her toddler. Caylee was last seen in June of 2008, but she was not reported missing until a month later. Her remains were found in woods near the family's home in December.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1251 on: November 12, 2009, 08:33:54 AM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/111209-casey-anthony-case
New depositions in Casey Anthony case

Updated: Thursday, 12 Nov 2009, 8:18 AM EST
Published : Thursday, 12 Nov 2009, 7:18 AM EST

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - The case against Casey Anthony is heating back up. Two depositions are being held today Thursday, November 12th.

Lawyers will talk to Mallory Parker. She's the girlfriend of Casey’s brother Lee Anthony. Then, they'll question Dominic Casey. He is a private investigator who worked for Casey Anthony’s parents George and Cindy.

Anthony has pleaded not guilty on charges that she killed her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie, claiming a babysitter kidnapped her toddler. Caylee was last seen in June of 2008, but she was not reported missing until a month later. Her remains were found in woods near the family's home in December.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1252 on: November 12, 2009, 08:39:44 AM »

Boo,I wonder why our articles are still saying D.Casey is to be deposed?His was canceled.    

~ Peter Frampton
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1253 on: November 12, 2009, 09:15:42 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m11d11-Casey-Anthony-case-PI-Dominic-Casey-to-be-deposed-in-December
Casey Anthony case: PI Dominic Casey to be deposed by prosecution in December
November 11, 2:00 PMCrime ExaminerCindy Adams
The private investigator hired by George and Cindy Anthony in the summer of 2008 to help them search for their missing granddaughter, Caylee Anthony, will be deposed by prosecutors regarding the Casey Anthony case on Dec. 16.

Casey is the Anthony’s daughter, and is charged with the first-degree murder of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

According to Hal Boedeker of the Orlando Sentinel, the controversial PI was originally scheduled to be deposed on Thursday.

Casey Anthony, left, walks with private investigator, Dominic Casey.

In January, WFTV obtained video of Mr. Casey aggressively searching the site where Caylee's remains were ultimately found. The video was taken by his colleague, PI Jim Hoover, in mid-November 2008—less than a month before the toddler’s remains were discovered by Roy Kronk. Mr. Casey claimed to be talking on his cell phone to a psychic while the video was being shot.

To see the video, click here.

The video was deemed to be important, because many believe it proves Mr. Casey had inside information about the whereabouts of Caylee prior to her being found in December.

Casey’s murder trial is scheduled to begin in June 2010.

Really OT here, but does that Dom Casey have long feet, or what! ?

Might explain why mushroom head was sooo attracted to him?

Do No Evil 
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1254 on: November 12, 2009, 09:19:36 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/?p=600#comments

The Crystal Light bottle

November 11th, 2009

Also, in the comments for this article, Valhall states that she doesn't think Cindy cleaned the trunk, with solvents anyway.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1255 on: November 12, 2009, 09:25:02 AM »

There was a prescription for Caylee for Gentamicin, which is an injectable antibiotic. So that places syringes in the Anthony home.

Hat tip, tupelohoneyBlumonkey or another of our resident nurses-what kind of needle would be used for Gentamicin?  Where I live, pharmacies provide extra medicine taking equipment to parents of small children.  I guess they reason medicine cups and syringes may get lost/destroyed in the hand-to-hand combat that sometimes ensues.   
I really am leaning more towards the Gentamycin being drops used for pink eye. We never heard of Caylee being ill and if the Gentamycin was used for an infection, it would have been because another antibiotic didn't do the trick.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1256 on: November 12, 2009, 09:29:26 AM »

Good morning, thank-you for the updates 
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1257 on: November 12, 2009, 10:01:08 AM »

Good afternoon, monkeys.

Just thinking... I think KC murdered Caylee and that she used chloroform.  She most likely made it up in the Gatorade bottle and used the syringe to extract the chlorform out of the bottle and into Caylee.  I believe there is so little chloroform in the bottle and the syringe because: first, there would be little chlorform to begin with and most of it would have been used on Caylee; second, chlorform evaporates extremely quickly so any residual would mostly evaporate; third, that it's extremely unlucky for KC that any chlorform at all was detectable after all those months.

I believe chloroform in the car, in the carpet in the car, on Caylee's doll, in the bottle, in the syringe are all a trail. KC's boyfriend's computer with the word chloroform on it was probably where KC first got the interest/idea; then...searches on the computer for chloroform, neck breaking and how to kill with household products. We have a trail of chlorform. It cannot be ignored.

KC may be lazy, but when motivated to get rid of Caylee, she was very active.

I believe she plotted for months (probably from February on).  She came up with a very elaborate scheme; however, it didn't work well because she's not that bright.  She made it too elaborate....not simple.

I believe she stole a used needle (to possible implicate others...probably thought that was a smart idea).  KC, being the daughter of a nurse would know to put the cap back on the needle; but I believe she made sure she had all the little parts accounted for: cap on needle, needle in bag, bag in bottle, bottle in Disney bag (forethought of blaming the nanny). 

I think Caylee ended up down the street and around the corner because with the hot weather, Caylee became a bigger problem more quickly than KC thought and the smell and liquid had to be gotten rid of...so KC drove down the street and around the corner and tossed Caylee out like she was trash.  Also, KC tossed anything else she thought would be a problem; i.e., bag with bottle/needle.

Most people would NOT toss out the murder evidence with the body; however, we're talking KC here.  I think KC got really irritated/upset at the continuing problem Caylee was (even after death) and in a fury just tossed everything out.

I agree with you Puzzler.  I believe Casey did make plans, but didn't think of everything.  Of course she didn't report Caylee missing, they would have searched closeby and found her and evidence of how she died.  Casey thought she was home free, the more time that passed. 

I truly believe that if Cindy hadn't made those 911 calls, Casey would have taken off - perhaps to California, and made up more lies about Caylee, and no one would have been the wiser...she would have gotten away with it.

I think you are spot on about the disposal.  Sickening.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1258 on: November 12, 2009, 10:01:32 AM »

Don't remember a script for this.  Unpopular answer here...gent is commonly used in home health IV visits and if a patient had some left over I've seen some nurses take the leftovers home with them when needed for a sick fam member.  Don't shoot me it's true.  Sometimes on or two shots of gent will cure something when a whole script of regular antib's won't.  I've worked home health since 1993 and yes Gentiva.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1259 on: November 12, 2009, 10:06:30 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/crime/os-casey-anthony-brother-girlfriend-20091112,0,6336375.story
The girlfriend of Casey Anthony's brother deposed by state

By Sarah Lundy, SENTINEL STAFF WRITER

9:49 a.m. EST, November 12, 2009
The girlfriend of Casey Anthony's brother is being questioned by prosecutors this morning at the State Attorney's Office.

Mallory Parker's deposition was scheduled to begin at 9 a.m.

She is dating Lee Anthony, who has already been questioned by prosecutors.

Casey Anthony, 23, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie.

Remains of the 2-year-old were found in woods in December — five months after she was reported missing.

Casey Anthony's trial may begin next summer. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.