March 28, 2024, 10:32:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #151 11/4/09 - 11/20/09  (Read 411767 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1440 on: November 13, 2009, 05:37:22 PM »

Sorry if this was already posted......

The Crystal Light bottle
November 11th, 2009

There’s been a significant amount of discussion on the net about the chemical analysis of the Crystal Light bottle found in the trash bag of Casey’s trunk. It appears in the past couple of days the talk has turned to pesticides being present in the bottle. This particular bottle is the small-mouthed Crystal Light bottle, with the blue top, and a small amount of “brown” looking fluid in it as seen in the following two pictures.

width=

(Photos courtesy of WFTV)

Initially the rumors about the Crystal Light bottle centered around it being urine (because of the description listed of it smelling as such), so let’s look at this claim. The first thing we need to do is pull together the data from the various tables and test results through-out the mega-document released on Friday.

For the table on 913 we have:

Dark yellowish liquid
Odor consistent with urine
Water
No chloroform

For the table on 940 we have:

Methanol (MeOH)
Methyl ethyl ketone
2-Butanol
Dimethyl disulfide
Anisole
p-Cresol

From the test results for HS-GC-MSD on pages 996 to 1010 we have:

Methyl isocyanide
2-Butanone
Trimethylamine
1-Methoxycycloheptratriene
Phenol
Cyclohexane
Benzothiazole
2-Nonanol, 5-ethyl-

The first thing I noticed about this list was that it was, for the most part, solvents. Some of these are also used as propellants in aerosol spray products. The Triethylamine was the most likely culprit for the “urine smell”. Not looking over any concentrations, it seemed like a weird brew to have in a bottle in your car (even if it was in the trash). But it definitely wasn’t urine – not unless some one is drinking MEK and tinkling solvents (not to mention it would be rather difficult for Casey to pee into a small-mouthed bottle). It was easy to dismiss that idea pretty quickly.

Others pointed out that some of these could be used in pesticides. So I felt it was worth extra effort to determine if there could be something here I wasn’t seeing. I passed the full list above to two chemists on Tuesday. One of these is a research and development chemist who has experience in toxicology and the other is a retired forensics chemist with two decades of experience in criminal investigations. I asked them if they found a bottle with the above contituents, what would they figure it to be, and were there any pesticides present. The R&D chemist came back and pointed out the majority were solvents, that some could be used as propellants, and “no, there were no pesticides present”. His best guess was that it might be some cleaner/degreaser. The forensics chemist came back and stated it appeared to be a cleaner/solvent/degreaser, and “no, there were no pesticides present”.

Then an astute member of Websleuths, butwhatif, went out and did some awesome research and found that a significant number of these compounds were used in the processing of tobacco.  Of course, an empty Copenhagen can was in the trash bag with this bottle.  Upon reading this great information from butwhatif, I remembered that I had had a professor, who specializes in the chemistry and classification of waste for proper management, who in two different classes I had under him had written a cute little comment after grading my essays asking, “Okay, now, classify the contents of a spit cup.”  It was just a little note to get you thinking.

So I emailed him and explained that because of the two times he left that comment I was hoping he actually knew the answer!  I gave him a hypothetical situation in which he finds a plastic soda bottle empty of its original contents but containing the list of chemicals above, noting the smell of urine and that it most likely came from the Trimethylamine, and I asked – Are these contents the contents of a spit cup used by a Copenhagen user?

His response was that it appears it was the contents of a spit cup.  He then vetted himself by explaining he had provided guidance to individuals involved in the clean up of major league baseball stadiums after games.  He stated that on the average there would be 100 to 200 spit cups left behind that had to be properly managed.  Hence the analytical knowledge of “spit cup profiles”.

So, there you have it.  It appears the Crystal Light bottle was a spit cup for Tony’s roommate when he was dipping his Copenhagen.

Valhall.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1441 on: November 13, 2009, 05:38:13 PM »

http://soils.ifas.ufl.edu/personnel/jawitz.html
James W. Jawitz
Associate Professor and Director of Graduate Programs
Environmental Hydrology

Environmental Hydrology Laboratory

DEPARTMENTAL RESEARCH AREAS
Remediation of Contaminated Soils, Waters, and Aquifers
Soil Quality/Ecosystem Services
Wetlands and Aquatic Systems

RESEARCH FOCUS
Emphasis on minimizing human impacts on natural hydrologic ecosystems, including watersheds, wetlands, and aquifers. Develops and applies hydro-ecological models to natural and constructed wetlands. Develops techniques for characterization and remediation of contaminated soil and groundwater.

COURSES TAUGHT
CWR 6537 - Contaminant Subsurface Hydrology
SOS 4245/5245 - Water Resource Sustainability
SOS 4932/6932 - Florida Lake Management

SELECT PUBLICATIONS
Wang, H., and Jawitz, J.W., 2006. Hydraulic analysis of cell-network treatment wetlands. Journal of Hydrology, 330, pp. 721-724, doi:10.1016/j.jhydrol.2006.05.005.

Fure, A.D., Jawitz, J.W., and Annable, M.D., 2006. DNAPL source depletion: Linking architecture and flux response. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, 85, pp. 118-140, doi:10.1016/j.jconhyd.2006.01.002.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1442 on: November 13, 2009, 05:38:33 PM »

Prosecutors to release documents to Casey Anthony's defense

By Amy L. Edwards, SENTINEL STAFF WRITER

3:53 p.m. EST, November 13, 2009

* EmailE-mail
    * printPrint
    * increase text size decrease text size Text Size

State prosecutors will release more documents and other items to Casey Anthony's defense as part of the discovery process.

In a notice filed today, prosecutors said they would release about 40 pages of documents, as well as a CD and DVD of video from WFTV depicting duct tape.

The items will eventually be made available to the public.

Prosecutors today also added another expert to their witness list -- Dr. James W. Jawitz, an associate professor at the University of Florida.

According to the university's Web site, Jawitz is an associate professor in the soil and water science department and director of graduate programs.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-discovery-wftv-20091113,0,1771785.story

Thanks trim!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1443 on: November 13, 2009, 05:40:28 PM »

http://soils.ifas.ufl.edu/research/index.htm
Research Areas

The SWSD organizes its activities/programs into five Research Areas, which categorize and describe the department's programs and activities in research, teaching, and extension. Each of these areas are intended to fully integrate research, teaching, and extension. The department has committed itself to expertise and resources so that it may make scientific and educational advances in each of these areas.

Management of Nutrients, Pesticides, and Wastes  Sustainable agriculture; Soil-water-plant relationships; Rhizosphere processes; Fate and transport of nutrients, pesticides, and trace metals; Waste management-animal wastes, biosolids, compost, and other non-hazardous wastes; Turfgrass fertility management; Water quality
Faculty:  Nick Comerford, Samira Daroub, Jim Graham, Sabine Grunwald, Ed Hanlon, Yuncong Li, Vimala Nair, Peter Nkedi-Kizza, Tom Obreza, George O’Connor, Rao Mylavarapu, Jack Rechcigl, Jerry Sartain, Arnold Schumann, Amy Shober, Maria Silveira, Craig Stanley, Max Teplitski, John Thomas, Gurpal Toor, and Ann Wilkie

Remediation of Contaminated Soils, Waters, and Aquifers  Fate and transport of toxic organics and metals; In situ metal immobilization; Bioremediation/phytoremediation; Molecular microbial ecology; Groundwater quality
Faculty:  Jim Jawitz, Lena Ma, Rao Mylavarapu, Andy Ogram, Dean Rhue, John Thomas, Gurpal Toor, and Ann Wilkie

Soil Quality/Ecosystem Services   Carbon sequestration,  Bioenergy, Soil morphological indicators, Chemical indicators, Microbial  indicators, Ecosystem restoration
Faculty: Nick Comerford, Carl Fitz, Sabine Grunwald, Willie Harris, Patrick Inglett; Andy Ogram, Rao Mylavarapu, Vimala Nair, Ramesh Reddy, Gurpal Toor, and Alan Wright
Soil/Landscape Analysis  Soil genesis and classification; Pedologic processes; Landscape hydrology; Soil and water chemical processes; Soil and water microbial processes; Risk assessment
Faculty:  Mary Collins, Rex Ellis, Carl Fitz, Sabine Grunwald, Willie Harris, Jim Jawitz, Rao Mylavarapu, and Todd Osborne

Wetlands and Aquatic Systems  Hydric soils; Wetland delineation; Hydrology; Soil-water-plant relationships; Molecular microbial ecology; Biogeochemistry; Restoration of wetlands and lakes; Water quality
Faculty:  Mark Clark, Mary Collins, Wade Hurt, Patrick Inglett, Jim Jawitz, Sue Newman, Andy Ogram, Todd Osborne, Ramesh Reddy, Max Teplitski, and Alan Wright

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Protect the little babies
Scared Monkey

We are the voice for the missing or harmed!!

« Reply #1444 on: November 13, 2009, 05:43:33 PM »

Mods, YOU ARE AWESOME, THANK YOU....

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

We will go to great lengths to be the voice for the missing and harmed!!

~Light a Candle http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=CMA ~
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1445 on: November 13, 2009, 05:46:04 PM »

I knew she was good....but, this is GOOD!!

Read what Forensics Professionals are saying about The Hinky Meter
November 13th, 2009

“ In this electronic Blogos-sea of [mostly] flotsam of bits, bytes, and brickbats claiming to “investigate” complex scientific issues related to criminal actions, ‘Valhall’s’ Blog sits at the top in the quality and rational testing of alternative theories of misadventure. It uses intensely and tightly argued science. Forensic scientists  in  private and governmental sectors are increasingly turning to it for learning about many complex factors of their investigations and the intricacies of the way pieces of scattered evidence may fit into a rational pattern. A trained scientist and engineer herself, ‘Valhall’ also has a true gift to discern what are the most important scientific issues, explain them in context, and expose the truth in ways  that informs the non-scientist as well the criminologist. Nothing makes this more clear than her investigation and writing about the genome, and how genetic testing works, and how it can inform an investigation, or be mis-used through mis-understanding. It is fair, balanced, and serves Justice. ”

Christopher C. Green MD, PhD
Fellow, American Academy of Forensic Scienceshttp

www.thehinkymeter.com/http:

Wow! 

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1446 on: November 13, 2009, 05:53:36 PM »

Sunny,the Copenhagen part was very interesting.   

~ Peter Frampton
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1447 on: November 13, 2009, 06:24:37 PM »

I think I am rather unpopular for my post earlier today about the needle and syringe, I want to clarify if only one thing, and that is I in no way shape or form think that KC is anything but evil - I have absolutely no doubt in my mind she murdered Caylee and want her to pay either with the DP or LWOP, I should have expounded more in my post - it is NOT that I don't think she was capable of injecting her with a needle full of chloroform it is more that I feel she killed her in a fit of rage and that perhaps the circumstances may not have included the needle and syringe. I hope my feelings about Caylee are not misunderstood because that is the reason I am here as well, for her.  an angelic monkey

It was clear to me.  You believe that Casey murdered Caylee, but you are not sure that the syringe was connected to the murder.  You could certainly be right.  I hope that you are wrong, but nothing personal.  You're entitled.

baby, I have to chime in here and say I hope the syringe is NOT connected to the murder...... I prefer to think she somehow drugged her first and then used the duct tape.  Perhaps I am merely protecting myself from horrible nightmares.....but that's the road I am taking until, unless, it is proved to be different. However, Dr. G said she was murdered, but the way she was murdered was undetermined. And I don't believe we will ever know for sure. I think kc will go to the needle or LWOP and never tell the truth..  Even if she took a plea I do not believe she would tell the truth. As Judge Strickland said the truth and kc are strangers. JMO

That's a really good point, Sunny.  I was looking at it from the viewpoint of a smoking gun to tie Casey into the crime scene.  I do hope that she drugged her first and then however she murdered her, Caylee was not aware of it.  I believe she probably put the tape on Caylee's nose and mouth first and she became unconscious from lack of oxygen, but you're right.  We'll probably never know.  It is horrific any way you look at it.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1448 on: November 13, 2009, 06:43:52 PM »

http://soils.ifas.ufl.edu/personnel/jawitz.html
James W. Jawitz
Associate Professor and Director of Graduate Programs
Environmental Hydrology

Environmental Hydrology Laboratory

DEPARTMENTAL RESEARCH AREAS
Remediation of Contaminated Soils, Waters, and Aquifers
Soil Quality/Ecosystem Services
Wetlands and Aquatic Systems

RESEARCH FOCUS
Emphasis on minimizing human impacts on natural hydrologic ecosystems, including watersheds, wetlands, and aquifers. Develops and applies hydro-ecological models to natural and constructed wetlands. Develops techniques for characterization and remediation of contaminated soil and groundwater.

COURSES TAUGHT
CWR 6537 - Contaminant Subsurface Hydrology
SOS 4245/5245 - Water Resource Sustainability
SOS 4932/6932 - Florida Lake Management

SELECT PUBLICATIONS
Wang, H., and Jawitz, J.W., 2006. Hydraulic analysis of cell-network treatment wetlands. Journal of Hydrology, 330, pp. 721-724, doi:10.1016/j.jhydrol.2006.05.005.

Fure, A.D., Jawitz, J.W., and Annable, M.D., 2006. DNAPL source depletion: Linking architecture and flux response. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, 85, pp. 118-140, doi:10.1016/j.jconhyd.2006.01.002.

Thanks trim....you are just too

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1449 on: November 13, 2009, 06:45:10 PM »

I agree!!  In fact that's something I think we can all agree on!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1450 on: November 13, 2009, 06:46:14 PM »

I would love to be able to find out for sure if Tony's roommates did in fact chew baccy!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1451 on: November 13, 2009, 06:48:07 PM »

Wow, thanks Trimm and Sunny for those updates, more to think about.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1452 on: November 13, 2009, 06:49:19 PM »

baby, I have to chime in here and say I hope the syringe is NOT connected to the murder...... I prefer to think she somehow drugged her first and then used the duct tape.  Perhaps I am merely protecting myself from horrible nightmares.....but that's the road I am taking until, unless, it is proved to be different. However, Dr. G said she was murdered, but the way she was murdered was undetermined. And I don't believe we will ever know for sure. I think kc will go to the needle or LWOP and never tell the truth..  Even if she took a plea I do not believe she would tell the truth. As Judge Strickland said the truth and kc are strangers. JMO

That's a really good point, Sunny.  I was looking at it from the viewpoint of a smoking gun to tie Casey into the crime scene.  I do hope that she drugged her first and then however she murdered her, Caylee was not aware of it.  I believe she probably put the tape on Caylee's nose and mouth first and she became unconscious from lack of oxygen, but you're right.  We'll probably never know.  It is horrific any way you look at it.

Just the thought of a mother killing their child is horrific to me....I will never ever be able to understand it. I just keep hoping that Caylee didn't suffer. But I also try to keep in mind that she is not suffering now.   an angelic monkey

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1453 on: November 13, 2009, 06:51:51 PM »

Hi nrcg........it sure does add another possibility to the mystery!

Rest in Peace Caylee

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1454 on: November 13, 2009, 07:04:01 PM »

Yes it does, I want to know also about chewing tobacco and whether Tony, his roomate, or any of the friends indulged in this habit.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1455 on: November 13, 2009, 07:07:49 PM »

I would love to be able to find out for sure if Tony's roommates did in fact chew baccy!!

I know.   

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1456 on: November 13, 2009, 07:10:51 PM »

Yes it does, I want to know also about chewing tobacco and whether Tony, his roomate, or any of the friends indulged in this habit.

Oh to be a fly on the wall at the LE office.   

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1457 on: November 13, 2009, 07:12:01 PM »

I agree!!  In fact that's something I think we can all agree on!!

Me too! They are great.   

~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1458 on: November 13, 2009, 07:15:06 PM »

me too!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1459 on: November 13, 2009, 07:25:00 PM »

me too!!!

Blink On Crime - Casey/Caylee Anthony Case: Tattoo and Duct Tape ...
FYI – Tony Lazzaro's room mate Nate 'chews' so that could be what the brown liquid was found in the crystal light bottle. My brother used to chew (or 'dip' ...
blinkoncrime.com/.../caseycaylee-anthony-case-tattoo-and-duct-tape-photos-released/ -

I haven't found the actual post yet. 

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.