April 19, 2024, 10:58:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's be clear hear "We are not killing...we are humanely destroy-, whatever..."  (Read 1428 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 18, 2009, 09:47:42 AM »

Does this sound like healthcare?

Many animal humane organizations have come under fire for wanting to end ALL ownership of domestic animals, including dogs and cats, by humans.  No more pets for you or me.  They usually backtrack, and continue to receive donations from dog and cat lovers everywhere.  It's all about money.

IIRC from reading and discussions over the years, it's not about saving animals, it's about eliminating them altogether.  Dogs and cat's don't count, because they were domesticated by humans.

The thread title was taken from this document -

http://www.nathanwinograd.com/linked/hsusblogs.pdf

There are a lot of things that remind me of healthcare in this discussion.

Denial and vagueness are the two that stick in my mind.

Here is one paragraph that reminds me of the healthcare debate in Congress and the Obama administration -

"It's all vague.  The agreement.  Pacelle's statements.  They are vague.  And, as a matter of course, vagueness isn't enforceableVagueness doesn't help assure outcomes.  Vagueness allows for differing interpretations.  Vagueness give plausible deniability.  Vagueness dissipates anger, but does not live up to the hope of animal lovers.  As such it stifles criticism, without offering anything really bankable and concrete in return.  And that really bothers me.

Our latest Supreme Court justice, how might she rule when confronted with vagueness?

In Bed with Monsters
May 25, 2009 by Nathan J. Winograd

Over the years, Wayne Pacelle, the CEO of the Humane Society of the United States, has shown how little he appears to care for animals. Time and time again, he has taken positions that are the antithesis of what you would expect from the head of the nation’s largest animal protection organization. Time and time again, he has sided with regressive and even cruel animal shelter directors, championed the killing of dogs and cats, and worked to hinder the progress of the No Kill movement.

http://www.nathanwinograd.com/?p=11741

Everytime I hear our president say something like "Let's be clear..." I wonder. 

Why can't the public read the bills before Congress votes on them?  The president signs them?

What is the Obama administration hiding?

I wonder if Wayne Pacelle has ties to the Obama administration?  The shadow world of Obama Czars?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 09:53:07 AM »

Unfortunately, Pacelle has long been an apologist and enabler of shelter killing.

In the end, the real reason behind the “Town Hall meeting” might just have nothing to do with animals. This “town hall” format is often little more than a fundraising ploy which has been successfully used by other organizations to sap money from local donors and thus away from local rescue groups, and into the bank accounts of national organizations. And for HSUS, money doesn’t appear to be a means to the end of saving animals. It is the end in and of itself, the animals be damned.

http://www.examiner.com/x-16635-SF-Animal-Shelters-Examiner~y2009m10d16-Wayne-pacelle-is-coming-to-town

Does America needs living space for the global elite?  Just need to get rid of the people who are already here?

Sounds like Washington.  One crisis after another being used to take money from local communities, the little people on Main Street, and send it to Washington - a place that does little if anything to make life better.  It's all about collecting, and maybe sending a few marshmallows to vocal folks. 

Take away the ability for folks on Main Steet to build their communities and make life better for their neighborhood.

Citizens and those here legally be damned!

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 09:58:45 AM »

Quotes -

“If we could shut down all sport hunting in a moment, we would.”
— Associated Press, Dec 1991

“We have no ethical obligation to preserve the different breeds of livestock produced through selective breeding ...One generation and out. We have no problems with the extinction of domestic animals. They are creations of human selective breeding.”
— Animal People News, May 1993

“We would be foolish and silly not to unite with people in the public health sector, the environmental community, [and] unions, to try to challenge corporate agriculture.”
— “Animal Rights 2002” convention, Jul 2002

“We are going to use the ballot box and the democratic process to stop all hunting in the United States ... We will take it species by species until all hunting is stopped in California. Then we will take it state by state.”
— Full Cry magazine, Oct 1990

“Our goal is to get sport hunting in the same category as cock fighting and dog fighting.”
— Bozeman (MT) Daily Chronicle, Oct 1991

http://www.activistcash.com/biography_quotes.cfm/bid/3366

If you end all domestic animal productions, where are all those people going to get jobs?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 10:11:10 AM »

A True Multinational Corporation

HSUS is a multinational conglomerate with ten regional offices in the United States and a special Hollywood Office that promotes and monitors the media’s coverage of animal-rights issues. It includes a huge web of organizations, affiliates, and subsidiaries. Some are nonprofit, tax-exempt “charities,” while others are for-profit taxable corporations, which don’t have to divulge anything about their financial dealings.

This unusually complex structure means that HSUS can hide expenses where the public would never think to look. For instance, one HSUS-affiliated organization called the HSUS Wildlife Land Trust collected $21.1 million between 1998 and 2003. During the same period, it spent $15.7 million on fundraising expenses, most of which directly benefited HSUS. This arrangement allowed HSUS to bury millions in direct-mail and other fundraising costs in its affiliate’s budget, giving the public (and charity watchdog groups) the false impression that its own fundraising costs were relatively low.

There is an enormous difference between animal “welfare” organizations, which work for the humane treatment of animals, and animal “rights” organizations, which aim to completely end the use and ownership of animals. The former have been around for centuries; the latter emerged in the 1980s, with the rise of the radical People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).

Share and Share Alike

Some of HSUS’s hefty fundraising expenses have ended up in the pockets of the notorious fundraising company Share Group, Inc. The telemarketing firm made headlines during the 2000 Democratic National Convention when the DNC and the Gore 2000 Presidential Campaign both dropped Share Group after a reporter pointed out that former owner Michael Ansara was still involved in the company. Ansara had been ordered to surrender control of Share Group, after he pleaded guilty to a felony conspiracy charge related to a money-moving scheme for Ron Carey’s 1997 Teamsters Union presidential reelection campaign.

http://www.activistcash.com/organization_overview.cfm/oid/136

Maybe I watch to much Glenn Beck, this sounds a lot like ACORN.

Is it about saving animals, or fundraising?

Where does the money go?  I wonder how much this group got in the budget, stimulus, and earmark legislation?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.