March 18, 2024, 08:24:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748481 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1020 on: January 18, 2010, 10:36:06 PM »

Please light a candle for Morgan.    an angelic monkey
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Morga

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1021 on: January 19, 2010, 10:22:14 AM »

Find Morgan car magnets
http://cgi.ebay.com/Help-Find-Morgan-Harrington-Missing-5-Home-Car-Magnet_W0QQitemZ180457892024QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2a0420e8b8

Saw this on her family's website.
http://www.findmorgan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1906

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1022 on: January 19, 2010, 03:35:28 PM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog
January 12, 2010   Gil Harrington’s thoughts from January 12th

What a difficult journey this is.  It is hard to explain what we feel.  The typical words are inadequate – even wrong.  Like using the word “abduction” to describe this event – it is soft language.  Abduction means to move away from – that is a passive euphemism for what has occurred here.  Morgan was not “moved away” from us – she was ripped away, severed from us!  She was amputated from her life.  The person who did this robbed her from us.  I even think the posters could better reflect what has been inflicted on our family – Morgan is not missing – like my frequently misplaced reading glasses – SHE was stolen!!

Anger and frustration mount as the days add up.  I remind myself that this is not in my hands and that the truth cannot be hidden forever – it will out.  I pray that the truth of this crime shows itself while Morgan is still alive.  I have no interest in recovering a body. I would rather not know and always have some morsel of hope

~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1023 on: January 19, 2010, 08:32:04 PM »

A very very Sad situation.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1024 on: January 20, 2010, 09:23:13 PM »

What a difficult journey this is.  It is hard to explain what we feel.  The typical words are inadequate – even wrong.  Like using the word “abduction” to describe this event – it is soft language.  Abduction means to move away from – that is a passive euphemism for what has occurred here.  Morgan was not “moved away” from us – she was ripped away, severed from us!  She was amputated from her life.  The person who did this robbed her from us.  I even think the posters could better reflect what has been inflicted on our family – Morgan is not missing – like my frequently misplaced reading glasses – SHE was stolen!!

Anger and frustration mount as the days add up.  I remind myself that this is not in my hands and that the truth cannot be hidden forever – it will out.  I pray that the truth of this crime shows itself while Morgan is still alive.  I have no interest in recovering a body. I would rather not know and always have some morsel of hope

wow...i wish i could say i understand but i truely do not and hope i can never say i do         

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1025 on: January 21, 2010, 12:42:50 AM »

Quote from: Leroy link=topic=6318.msg1057799#msg1057799 date=1264040593

wow...i wish i could say i understand but i truely do not and hope i can never say i do         

Honestly I don't think she means that - and in time will wonder why she even thought or said it.  It sounds like a form of denial to me.

I'm sure her brain & body are so past exhaustion at this point that she can hardly think straight, despite how eloquently she writes.  So very sad.   

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1026 on: January 21, 2010, 11:12:14 AM »

Not knowing would drive me insane.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1027 on: January 21, 2010, 05:56:04 PM »

Me too, Klaas.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1028 on: January 21, 2010, 05:57:05 PM »

Me too, Klaas Nut.   

self edit

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1029 on: January 22, 2010, 01:28:45 AM »

Good evening, everyone!  I have a question that I am hoping someone can clarify for me.  I've read on the Find Morgan site that Morgan and her roommate drove to Crozet prior to driving to Charlottesville for the concert.  Has this been confirmed or is it an instance of misinformation?  Crozet is in the opposite direction of Harrisonburg and JMU, where Morgan and her roomate picked up Sarah Snead and a friend's boyfriend prior to the concert.  If the Crozet info is true, did they go to Crozet, then Harrisonburg, then Charlottesville?  Why Crozet and why first?

I'd like to know (along with hundreds of others) what condition Morgan was in at the JMU stop.  What condition was she in when her vehicle left JMU?  What cameras are between JPJ Arena in C-ville and JMU in Harrisonburg?  What abo ::MonkeyEek::t I-81 overpass cams?  Does JMU have campus cams anywhere?  Is Sarah Snead in a dorm on campus?  If so, wouldn't she have had to clear her visitors if they came into the dorm?  Where did Amy stay after the concert that night?  How did she get home?

I live in a college town and find it impossible to believe that none of the friends took pictures of themselves together before this event.  In this digital age, I see people everywhere snapping pics on their camera phones and texting (cars, buses, parks, restaurants, sidewalks, stores, etc.).  As many pics as these girls seem to have of events, it's highly improbable no one took pics.  If none of the friends took pics, why not?  In the absence of pictures of Morgan that night, why the long delay reporting her missing red camera?  Surely, the friends were asked if they had taken pics that night.  Why did it take so long for someone to remember Morgan had her camera along?  Things that make me go Hhhhhmmm.   

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1030 on: January 22, 2010, 01:31:45 AM »

I check daily, always hoping this will the day Morgan is found.  Thank you all for keeping her case alive.  I can't imagine how frustrated her family must feel.  Have a good night and take care!

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1031 on: January 22, 2010, 07:41:43 AM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/video/2010/01/21/VI2010012102466.html
Parents talk about life since daughter went missing
Dan and Gil Harrington, the parents of Morgan Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student who disappeared attending a Metallica concert in Charlottesville, Va., three months ago, speak about their daughter and how they live their day-to-day lives. (Anna Uhls/The Washington Post)

Video at link 

So sad   

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1032 on: January 22, 2010, 05:22:36 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-30376-Private-Investigations-Examiner~y2010m1d22-Monica-Caison-brings-new-hope-in-finding-Morgan-Harrington-missing-VA-student
Monica Caison brings new hope in finding Morgan Harrington, missing VA student
January 22, 3:47 PMPrivate Investigations ExaminerAnn Flaherty
On 1/12/2010, it was announced that famed searcher Monica Caison would be joining the hunt for Morgan Harrington.  Harrington is the 20 year old Virginia Tech student who went missing on 10/17/2009, while attending a Metallica concert in Charlottesville, VA. 

Monica Caison, of The CUE Center,  is a welcome addition to the team of volunteers that have searched tirelessly since Morgan’s disappearance in October 2009.  According to the CUE Center web site, Ms. Caison founded the non-profit CUE Center for Missing Persons, in 1994.  The organization is focused on finding the missing, advocating for their causes, and supporting their families. They offer a wide range of free services; CUE has since helped more than 8,700 families in what is often the most confusing and desperate times of their lives. In addition to providing services for the missing and their families, CUE offers college internships and youth mentoring programs. CUE is entirely donation funded and staffed by volunteers, including Mrs. Caison, who takes no salary from the organization.

Caison and her crew will begin the search for Morgan in late February 2010.  The hope will be to either find Morgan or find evidence that will lead to her whereabouts.  I had the opportunity to speak with Ms. Caison and posed to her some questions about the search for Morgan:

Where do you begin in a case like Morgan’s?

We will construct search plans under the theory of a possible abduction and also if Morgan happened to wander and possibly made have been taken over by the outside cold conditions and or may have fallen and not survived the fall. So you begin by looking at all that has been cleared by other searches that have taken place and first look beyond that as you take all areas that have been eliminated, then put your theory into play.
How much preparation is needed before you start a search?

Most always we have a logistical plan in place and arrive a day or so early to add finishing touches, we come prepared.

Do you work directly with Law Enforcement?

In all of our cases of missing persons we are required to be an aid to law officials and work in coloration with them in all efforts to benefit the missing person and their families. We are just an added tool to the effort.

Do you or the CUE Center develop your own leads?
All information received in cases of the missing are handed over directly to the investigators on the case at hand and all information brought in by way of our efforts, we do have an obligation to the victims to see it is followed through, every lead has to be ruled out in order to have a sound case.

When do you think you will be able to launch your first search for Morgan?

We are planning as of right now to conduct the search on the last weekend of February but will return to the area prior for planning and other efforts concerning the search.

How long will you stay on this case?
Until Morgan is located. once CUE Center is ask to aid a case we will be their long term and provided many efforts to bring awareness all in an effort to help identify another location to search and aid investigators in possible new information, all in an effort for a resolution to her whereabouts. we can never promise to locate a missing person, however we can promise to take the journey with our families, no matter the length of that road maybe.

It is clear that Ms. Caison is truly an expert in her field and is dedicated to her work as a tireless advocate for the missing and their families.  She brings to this case a renewed sense of hope that we will, at long last, bring Morgan Harrington, home.

If you have any information you can contact the lead investigator with The Virginia State Police, Lt. Joe Rader, by calling the tip line at 434-352-3467 or email information to bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov. The reward for any info leading to the wherabouts of Morgan now officially stands at $150,000.  You can also send tips through the Find Morgan website,  The Laura Recovery Center, The CUE Center or by contacting our agency, The R.D.D.Detective Agency, at mailto:ratdogdetective@aol.com  You can remain anonymous.

http://findmorgan.com

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/

http://www.facebook.com/people/Monica-Caison/707443031

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/contact.shtm

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1033 on: January 22, 2010, 05:23:47 PM »

Prayers for Morgan   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1034 on: January 22, 2010, 07:48:35 PM »

Thank you so much Trimm for all the info you bring here.   

Never heard of CUE before but glad to hear about them, just wish so much they could start searching before the last week in Feb.   

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1035 on: January 23, 2010, 02:05:55 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-30376-Private-Investigations-Examiner~y2010m1d22-Monica-Caison-brings-new-hope-in-finding-Morgan-Harrington-missing-VA-student

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1036 on: January 23, 2010, 05:36:33 PM »

Thank you so much Trimm for all the info you bring here.   

Never heard of CUE before but glad to hear about them, just wish so much they could start searching before the last week in Feb.   

Yes, thank-you, I have never heard of CUE either, interesting to read. I also wish they could start searching sooner.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1037 on: January 23, 2010, 06:53:02 PM »

Prayers for Morgan.   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1038 on: January 23, 2010, 07:43:44 PM »

Gil Harrington’s thoughts from January 18th
On January - 22 - 20103 COMMENTS

January 18, 2010

The benefit concert in Richmond was great.  Morgan has a longstanding passion for music and for her to be honored in that way was particularly fitting.  I loved the energy of it.  These folks saw an unfortunate event and didn’t say “too bad” and turn their backs – instead they brought their gifts of music to the table to use them to make a difference.  It was wonderful to see the caring evident in these talented people.

We don’t need more of the rule of law – we got that and it ain’t working.  What we do need is a code of personal integrity and responsibility, like that displayed at the concert for Morgan by all participants.  It is precisely that attitude of caring plus responding to create change that will be the savings of us all.  That energy can move mountains; it can change outcomes, and perhaps even bring my girl back home.

2 4 1

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1039 on: January 25, 2010, 07:04:09 AM »

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/2010/01/25/search-for-harrington-continues/
Search for Harrington continues
Three months after disappearance, Virginia State Police report no new information
Prateek Vasireddy, Cavalier Daily Associate Editor
Tags: Morgan Dana Harrington
January 25, 2010

Months have passed since Virginia Tech student Morgan Dana Harrington’s disappearance Oct. 17, but state police continue to stress that the investigation is still active and that anyone with relevant information should not hesitate to contact them.

“There are about 600 leads at this time, but unfortunately nothing has been able to get us beyond knowing that her last sighting was at 9:30 p.m. at Copeley Road Bridge,” Virginia State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller said. “We have to find other sources before we can put [information from other leads] on the timeline and be confident that it is her.”

Though investigators have confirmed that Harrington was last seen hitchhiking at 9:30 that night, they do not have sufficient evidence to prove or disprove that she fell victim to foul play, Geller said. In addition, police were able to retrieve Harrington’s purse and necklace but have not yet located a red digital camera that they believe was in her possession at the time of her disappearance.

While anyone who picked up Harrington after her last known sighting may be scared of the possible implications, those with information are urged to contact the investigators, Geller said.

“We’d hate to have anyone who just picked her up and dropped her at a gas station [to be reluctant to talk to us] because that person holds a very vital key to finding more information,” Geller said. “Investigators are willing to work with that person because right now the focus is on finding Morgan and bringing her back to her family.”

Even persons who have not seen Harrington since her disappearance can still be of assistance to the investigation, Geller said. For example, if anyone has noticed someone else acting strangely since around the time of the disappearance, he or she is encouraged to report the information.

The passage of time, though, may have lessened students’ and their families’ concerns about their safety, first-year College student Veronica Elkins said. Nevertheless, Winter Break has not necessarily made the University community apathetic about Harrington’s disappearance, many students said.

“There aren’t as many signs,” first-year College student Maggie Wood said. “I haven’t heard a lot of people talking about it. But I think it’s scarier the longer she’s gone.”

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.