March 18, 2024, 09:30:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748489 times)
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1340 on: February 02, 2010, 04:20:27 PM »

http://www.swvatoday.com/living/article/heart_beat_an_elegy_for_morgan_harrington/6763/

HEART BEAT: An Elegy for Morgan Harrington

By Felicia Mitchell

We’re not supposed to cry over spilt milk.  It’s all water under the bridge, right?  Substitute a few words.  Brood about blood under the bridge and bones spilled over a hay field.  Think about what you’d believe if hindsight weren’t 20-20 but instead near-sighted, its glasses lost in a ravine.

Once upon a time, a beautiful young woman dressed up to go out with friends to a rock concert and ended up outside, denied readmission to the arena. “Please,” perhaps she asked somebody.  “Let me back in?”

Rule bearers can wear regulations like armor.  Maybe they love power or they’re afraid they’ll get fired if they make exceptions.  “Why let her come inside, this woman alone in the world?” one might have thought.  “She’ll learn to respect the rules.”

I really don’t know what anybody thought, only that somebody wasn’t thinking.  Now I wonder who is feeling remorseful and replaying the same scene, trying for a different ending that won’t ever be written.

Ever since I read that Morgan Harrington ended up on the wrong side of the gates of John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville, I’ve been replaying the scene in my own head, imagining a different, happier ending.  I imagine a job where somebody gives himself permission to bend rules.  I also imagine a kind-hearted person picking up Morgan on the road and arranging for her to get home safely.

I hope there’s a statute of limitations on running a stop sign on your bike. In my twenties, hypothetically speaking, I might have done that a few times.  I couldn’t afford a car and either walked or rode a bike or, a few times, trusting or stupid, let myself be picked up by somebody who felt sorry for me out in bad weather.

I often worked until late.  The later it was, the faster I walked or biked.  While I respected traffic, I didn’t always stop at signs or red lights.  I justified what I did when I slowed down yet kept going, wary of my surroundings.

How could I, hypothetically, ignore a red light?  This is what I told myself:  “That rule was made by people who don’t understand the fear a woman feels out alone late at night.”  Fear can make you break rules and accept rides from total strangers.

Once in that same college town I borrowed a car to move from one apartment to another.  En route, I saw a group of men encircling a young woman in over her head.  I stopped the car, opened the passenger door, and yelled, “Get in.”  The young woman got in, and I drove her somewhere safe to sober up.

Women in vulnerable positions often depend on the kindness of strangers, but not all strangers are kind.  Some are predators.  How hard would it been to let Morgan reenter the arena?  To help her find a way home?  Those are questions that make me want to cry my heart out over water under the bridge.  Milk spilt.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1341 on: February 02, 2010, 04:21:12 PM »

Trimm.  So sorry.   an angelic monkey

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1342 on: February 02, 2010, 04:45:29 PM »

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/235165

Medical examiner: Morgan Harrington death a homicide

By Rex Bowman | The Roanoke Times
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Richmond has determined that Morgan Harrington's death was a homicide. The office said it currently has no further information to share about how she was killed.

Harrington disappeared Oct. 17 from a Metallica concert she was attending in Charlottesville. Her body was found Jan. 26 in an Albemarle County hayfield about 10 miles south of where she was last seen.

The medical examiner's office finding rules out the possibility that Harrington, 20, wandered away from Charlottesville and died of exposure.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1343 on: February 02, 2010, 04:52:15 PM »

Trimm.  So sorry.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1344 on: February 02, 2010, 04:53:17 PM »

The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Richmond has determined that Morgan Harrington's death was a homicide. The office said it currently has no further information to share about how she was killed.

Harrington disappeared Oct. 17 from a Metallica concert she was attending in Charlottesville. Her body was found Jan. 26 in an Albemarle County hayfield about 10 miles south of where she was last seen.

The medical examiner's office finding rules out the possibility that Harrington, 20, wandered away from Charlottesville and died of exposure.

Thanks Cece.I hope we get some more info on this.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1345 on: February 02, 2010, 04:53:56 PM »

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=11920501

By Rachel DePompa - bio | email

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - The Richmond medical examiner has ruled Morgan Harrington's death a homicide, but is still trying to determine how she was killed.

snipped

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1346 on: February 02, 2010, 04:55:36 PM »

Thanks Cece.I hope we get some more info on this.   

an angelic monkey  Me too, Trimm.   I wonder how much info they will release.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1347 on: February 02, 2010, 06:48:14 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight:

Listen now at the link below:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 09:00:39 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1348 on: February 02, 2010, 10:08:59 PM »

Great show!
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1349 on: February 03, 2010, 02:07:51 AM »

In the time it took me to leave work, drive an hour home, get changed and go to a meeting in town and then back home again to feed the dogs and chase the kids. Then I get back here in rocord time !!
and I missed the damn show ?   
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1350 on: February 03, 2010, 07:12:44 AM »

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/235212
Morgan Harrington's death ruled a homicide
The medical examiner's office is not yet able to release information on how she was killed.

By Rex Bowman 
Wednesday, February 03, 2010
Morgan Harrington's death was a homicide, the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Richmond said Tuesday.

Harrington, 20, of Roanoke County disappeared from a Metallica concert in Charlottesville on Oct. 17. Her skeletal remains were found Jan. 26 in an Albemarle County hayfield nearly 10 miles south of where she was last seen.

The medical examiner's determination closes out speculation that she wandered away from Charlottesville and died of exposure on a chilly night.

A spokeswoman for the medical examiner's office said the office is not yet able to release information on how Harrington was killed.

Forensic experts say it could take weeks, or longer, to make that determination because of the decomposition of her body over the past three months. If, as her family believes, her body was left in the hayfield the night she disappeared, it has endured warm and cold weather, rain and snow storms and possibly the activity of animals and insects.
All of those factors could "make it a lot more difficult to determine the cause and manner of death," said Emil Moldovan, an adjunct instructor of criminal justice at Radford University and former death investigator in the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner's Office.

For instance, Moldovan said, if Harrington were bludgeoned or shot to death, that might be readily apparent to examiners, but if she were strangled, there would be little evidence outside the possible fracture of the tiny hyoid bone in the neck. The skeletal and tissue remains also might not show any sign of a stabbing.

The announcement from the medical examiner's office comes as Harrington's family prepares to memorialize her Friday with a 3:30 p.m. Mass at St. Andrew's Catholic Church in Roanoke. The family plans a public reception afterward at the Hotel Roanoke.

~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1351 on: February 03, 2010, 01:27:16 PM »

I hope the bad guy dropped his wallet.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1352 on: February 03, 2010, 07:05:10 PM »

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stories/14962/harrington-death-ruled-a-homicide

Harrington death ruled a homicide

Wednesday, February 3, 2010; 4:26 PM | 0 | ShareThis | Print

by Liana Bayne, news reporter
Virginia State Police confirmed Wednesday that former Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington’s death has been classified as a homicide.

The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Richmond ruled the manner of Harrington’s death a homicide. The cause and time of her death are still to be determined.

According to a press release from the Virginia State Police, the criminal investigation into Harrington’s death is continuing.

Harrington, 20, was discovered dead in a remote corner of an Albemarle County farm on Jan. 25, 101 days after her Oct. 17 disappearance from a Metallica concert held in the John Paul Jones arena in Charlottesville.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1353 on: February 03, 2010, 07:11:25 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-30376-Private-Investigations-Examiner~y2010m2d3-The-hunt-for-Morgan-Harringtons-killer
The hunt for Morgan Harrington’s killer
February 3, 4:06 PMPrivate Investigations ExaminerAnn Flaherty
On January 26, 2010, the case of missing Virginia tech student, Morgan Harrington, turned from a missing person’s case to a homicide.  Harrington’s body was found in a field located on a 742 acre farm in Charlottesville, VA. The farm is approximately ten miles from where Harrington disappeared while attending a Metallica Concert at the John Paul Jones Arena. Lt. Joe Rader of the Virginia State Police stated “It is farmland and it does not have public access. And I think that describes the area fairly well.”

David Bass, the owner of Anchorage Farm, came upon Harrington’s skeletal remains and quickly reported it to law enforcement.  Bass said he found the remains when he was checking fences on his vast property. His discovery brought to an end 101 days of searching for the missing student and finally brought some sort of closure to Morgan’s parents, Dan and Gil Harrington. Gil Harrington said after the discovery "we can finally begin the hard work of grieving and growing strong as a triangulated family."  Later during a news conference following the discovery, Dan Harrington said the field is "not a random place that someone came upon accidentally." Harrington further speculated that her remains were found at a location that would only be known by someone local to the area.

The location of Morgan’s body on this farm in Charlottesville has now furthered the theory that this crime was committed by a local.  This same theory has been posted by many who have joined the numerous forums and bulletin boards on the Internet. The Find Morgan web site has a very prolific forum that has engaged theories and reviewed the facts of this case.  Other websites such as Scared Monkeys and Blink on Crime have written articles about Morgan’s case that evoked comments from the readers that range from the insightful to the insane.  This new form of commentary has brought out the concerned locals, the psychics, the arm chair detectives and possibly some with questionable motives.

The key to all this is to separate fact from fiction, speculation from knowledge, and to try to determine if there is any merit to this posted information.  This is not an easy task because there are in excess of 10,000 posts regarding this case not including those “private forums” that have been set up by many special interest groups.
As a volunteer investigator, I have been given many promising leads, received hundreds of emails and have followed the Internet postings carefully. The cast of characters that have presented themselves to me are like none other.  They come bearing information and insights that I meticulously chase in the hopes of developing that one nugget of information that will lead to the perpetrators.  Have I found that one piece of evidence that will help to identify the suspects or suspects?  Not yet, but what I have found is something I was not prepared for.

Some of these Internet posters on these boards and forums have hidden pasts, including many with extensive criminal histories involving sex crimes, robbery, assault, etc. They post information quite openly, never alluding to the past that they hide and only professing a desire to help Morgan and her family.  They are quick to give insights about the case and even provide scenarios of what might have happened.  Now the question is...do these people truly have a moral compass which leads them to help in the search for Morgan’s killer? Or are they in fact trolling for information on the case or trying to divert suspicions in another direction.  Look at some of these posts and you be the judge:

I see two heads, one above Morgan. Balding forehead long sides. Also, a very clear picture above the older lady. Dark hair, thick eyebrows large nose, with moustache and possible beard or goatee.

Now post #86 really caught my interest. I looked at this DW guy, gives me a creepy feeling. I also think its really weird that only one person posted on his myspace page and futhermore I kind of get that sense of this sarah person being fake. I mean like it was mentioned before this DW making up a fake myspace profile (Sarah_) and posting on his page as if she was a real person posting, just a hunch.

Does anyone know if this DW has spoken to LE? I think they should talk to this guy, especially if he is admitting that he had some contact or at rather at least spoke to Morgan that night.

Also if DW was working at the show then LE should be able to confirm records if he was on duty at his post. I have never worked security so I don’t know how they operate shifts but I am sure the managment would want to make sure the people they are paying to work actually stay at their posts, but that is probably easier said then done.

I stood before a Field at night, High above the crowd gathered below me. Many stood in the Field transfixed as I appeared in the hills above them. Soon Music began playing, Metallica enter sandman. The avenger had been awakened my mortal coil flung. In with the sound of the dark rhythms of the music my cloak of goodness melted to reveal the hidden warrior beneath.

Those who were in the Field worked in darkness they had hood's and torches they were working in the dark, they had never been exposed before they has never been seen.

Now... they were exposed and frightened as they looked up to see the warrior champion above them. High above hundred's. I transform into a vision of war. I take on the shape of avenger and dive down into the crowd of them sword's drawn.

"Exit light enter night take my hand off to never never land". I swoop down with swords blaring and with out a chance and with no defence I begin cutting and swinging at them as they fall apart like leaves in the Autumn wind as I tear their souls to shred's. I begin ....unleashing a horrible revenge. On the hundreds who stand their transfixed and in shock at the sight of the carnage.I ripp into them all without mercy till the Field is full with blood and not a one of them remains UN-slain.

Relative to SGM? Equestrian CSG.   Blacksburg/UVA.S  Security/LE.  On-duty/concert attendee?  Was it a rumor…a married man…???

dont kno morgan ,told you in a message also that my cousin j.t. wells is a dea agent at uva ,if youve got a problem ,u cud call his office tomorow ,how do u know morgan           (next post)                Does he not realize that the internet world has seen the picture of him with Morgan? Something fishy there…….someone needs to call him out on this.

i knew 3 days ago where morgan had come from and how she got to where her remains were found . i am creative artistic with autistic tendences a boarderline savant ….she came from that back yard .. if you play the details forward from there you can logically conferm the fact .. she exscapes at night out the back of the house and runs to the tree and down the hill when she reaches the lower field at the bottom of the hill her path flight tells her to go northeast at a corse of 39.06 degrees this is her path of flight and it will not change . she may go left or right of the path of flight but her cerebral balance will correct her corse back to the path of flight ..

she can not see and roads or house near by . when she reaches the stream crossing she is at the lowest elevation at 617 ft .and then heads up hill .along the tree line . as she nears the top of the tree line she is in shock and exhausted and her injuries take their toll . she drops and that is just how she got to that location ..there is no other logical possiablity ..

i am sorry to have to post this in this manner . but as i worked on this case i felt the path of her flight and the pain and saddness of her run .

This case, and how it has unfolded on the Internet, is a study in just how powerful this medium truly is.  Morgan’s case has reached across the globe and touched the hearts of so many. 

On February 2, 2010 the Richmond Virginia Medical Examiner  ruled Morgan Harrington's death a homicide, but is still trying to determine how she was killed. Previously before this declaration, Sgt Rader of the VSP said “We now have something to lead us in a new direction, we still proceed as if this is a homicide investigation." Rader and the dedicated law enforcement community have worked tirelessly on this case and though they now have forensic evidence, they still need your help. Dan Harrington recently stated. "Even though Morgan has been found and she has been murdered, we now need to find the person who did this and we will not stop until that person is brought to justice."

The location of where Morgan’s body was found and the moments that lead up to her disappearance on October 17, 2009, hold the key.  Someone needs to come forward and provide the answers that will lead law enforcement to the person or persons responsible.  We owe it to Morgan, her family, all the volunteers and supporters and the community of Charlottesville. 

If you have any information on the disappearance of Morgan Harrington, you can contact the lead investigator with The Virginia State Police, Lt. Joe Rader, by calling the tip line at 434-352-3467 or you can email information to bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov. The reward for any info leading to the wherabouts of Morgan now officially stands at $150,000.  You can also send tips through the www.findmorgan.com website, The Laura Recovery Center or by contacting our agency, The R.D.D.Detective Agency, at mailto:ratdogdetective@aol.com  You can remain anonymous.

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/

http://www.findmorgan.com

http://www.lrcf.org/

http://www.ratdogdick.com

http://www.vdh.state.va.us/MEDEXAM/

~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1354 on: February 03, 2010, 07:32:07 PM »

Those posts article range from ridicules to scary..

But most of all I am concerned that the writer thinks my posts are INSANE..
J/K

Anyway we called out a security guard first thing..
Then the players were considered.
Finally we considered stranger.
Then somebody Morgan was vaguely familiar with and trusted for a ride home.

It may very well be a security guard or any of the people or profiles mentioned.

IF the autistic guy was right then Morgan fled a home.. and ran like hell.
That would mean she no longer had on her boots in my opinion.
I wonder if the body was found without boots..

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1355 on: February 03, 2010, 07:46:02 PM »

Quote:
i am creative artistic with autistic tendences a boarderline savant …. 

she came from that back yard .. if you play the details forward from there you can logically conferm the fact .. she exscapes at night out the back of the house and runs to the tree and down the hill when she reaches the lower field at the bottom of the hill her path flight tells her to go northeast at a corse of 39.06 degrees this is her path of flight and it will not change . she may go left or right of the path of flight but her cerebral balance will correct her corse back to the path of flight ..

she can not see and roads or house near by . when she reaches the stream crossing she is at the lowest elevation at 617 ft .and then heads up hill .along the tree line . as she nears the top of the tree line she is in shock and exhausted and her injuries take their toll .

End quote..

Scary..  The writer of that quote assumes she was already mortialy injured.. Running from a home in the sub divisioned mentioned by the rancher ??

But I would consider she was chased down after running.. I think the perp enjoyed the chase. He got off on the hunt and kill.
jmho
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1356 on: February 03, 2010, 07:47:14 PM »

Well hell..I missed the spell checker again..
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1357 on: February 03, 2010, 07:55:25 PM »

Thank You trimmonthelake for bringing over the article...

Thank You Private Investigations Examiner Ann Flaherty for writing it and telling us your concerns on posts made by various groups.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1358 on: February 03, 2010, 08:31:37 PM »

Thank You trimmonthelake for bringing over the article...

Thank You Private Investigations Examiner Ann Flaherty for writing it and telling us your concerns on posts made by various groups.

Lol, take it back Edward, she was being snark and condescending to BOC and SM posters and then some.

Not having it.

The podcast for Dana's show is up now, below is my brief interview. I recommend listening to the entire show, and Clint Van Zants thoughts.

Me:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/02/02/morgan-harrington-murder-expert-panel-weighs-in-on-scared-monkeys-radio-with-dana-pretzer/

Dana:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/2010/02/02/the-dana-pretzer-show-on-scared-monkeys-radio-tuesday-february-2nd-2010-special-guests-dr-clint-van-zandt-wkrg-reporter-jessica-taloney-crime-blogger-blink-from-blink-on-crime-former-ada-r/

Keep in mind, Morgan's remains were frozen for a significant amount of time. That is the friend of preservation of physical evidence.
B
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1359 on: February 03, 2010, 08:39:54 PM »

Hi Edward and Blink and Guests!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.