March 18, 2024, 11:25:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748515 times)
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1380 on: February 04, 2010, 03:34:04 PM »

He had 6 points to make (all had to do with familiarity, comfort & knowledge of that specific location) and they will release those to the media in writing.  So hopefully we will get that when it comes out.

(I missed a little of it as mine went out just as he was getting started)

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1381 on: February 04, 2010, 03:35:47 PM »

He had 6 points to make (all had to do with familiarity, comfort & knowledge of that specific location) and they will release those to the media in writing.  So hopefully we will get that when it comes out.

(I missed a little of it as mine went out just as he was getting started)

Okay,we'll see what comes up.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1382 on: February 04, 2010, 03:49:46 PM »

I swear this cage hates me.  Knocked out again.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1383 on: February 04, 2010, 03:52:10 PM »

http://www.wtvr.com/news/harrington-investigators-plea,0,486679.story
Harrington Investigators Make Plea to Local Community
Investigators say the location of remains' discovery is crucial piece in solving mystery.

Bill Fitzgerald Staff reporter
At an afternoon news conference Thursday, Lt. Joe Rader, the lead investigator in the death of Morgan Harrington, made an impassioned plea to the local community for information about the area in and around Anchorage Farms.

Harrnington's remains were found in a remote area of the 700-acre Albemarle County farm on January 26, more than three months after her disappearance from John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville duirng a Metallica rock concert. The medical examiner has not released the cause of death, but calls the case a homicide.

Rader repeatedly stressed the importance of the remains' location in finding whoever was responsible for the "tragedy."

He said the person or persons involved would have had intimate knowledge of the terrain necessary to traverse to get there, including, he said, streams, fences and other unexpected challenges. He added, such knowledge would be critical to someone enduring a "high-stress moment," although he would confirm whether that moment meant disposing of a body. David Bass, the property owner, said the nearest road from the spot where her body was found was more than a mile away.

In urging members of the local Alemarle County community to come forward with whatever information about Anchorage Farms they might have, Rader stressed investigators were not "looking for names" just information about what activities may have gone on from time to time on the property. He would not specify what activities may have been involved, but Bass himself had said hunters somtimes used his property. When asked the location may have been used for "parties" he, again, would not answer.

He asked the community to listen to six key points of "significance:"
1. The person responsible for the tragedy of Morgan Harrington, may or may not be formally connected to the Anchorage Farm properties, but investigators believe that person may have travelled, worked, recreated, or passed through that particular farm or the area close by.

2. As a result of the responsible person's past experience with that location or general area where Morgan's body was recovered, that person was inclined to return to the area in a high stress situation.

3. Investigators are confident that someone knows the offender (through no fault of their own) and they need that information.

4. Investigators believe the person involved has specific knowledge and was comfortable operating in the area where Morgan's body was located. It was a significant distance from a roadway.

5. The choice of that particular area is important. It would have been a higher risk location unless you are familiar with the area. People living in that area understand what that means.

6. Travelling to Anchorage Farm location would have created a significant risk for anyone not familiar with that area and not comfortable with that type of area. Farmland like where Morgan's body was found has obstacles like streams, fences and terrain that changes. Very risky unless you are familiar with the area.

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1384 on: February 04, 2010, 03:55:25 PM »

#   Rader: ' Community, educate us, educate the police.'    2 minutes ago   from txt
# Lt Rader of VSP stresses 'location, location, location' for locals, especially for those in North garden & around Anchorage Farm. 4 minutes ago from txt
http://twitter.com/cvillenews_desk
Lt. Radar

Where she was found is the most significant thing in this case.

Location, location, location. Hoping locals will think about things that happened in that community during the time she was missing
  I'm wondering about this, some kind of place where rituals have been done. I remember reading some comments about Wicca, and I kind of shook my head no. Now I'm wondering...... Strange press conference.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1385 on: February 04, 2010, 03:57:18 PM »

2. As a result of the responsible person's past experience with that location or general area where Morgan's body was recovered, that person was inclined to return to the area in a high stress situation.  Most interesting point for me.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1386 on: February 04, 2010, 04:00:09 PM »

2. As a result of the responsible person's past experience with that location or general area where Morgan's body was recovered, that person was inclined to return to the area in a high stress situation.  Most interesting point for me.

Yep.
Gonna go over and see what Blink is saying.

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1387 on: February 04, 2010, 04:04:05 PM »

Yep.
The person who did this was showing signs of spinning out of control before he did this. Someone who knows him had to have seen this. Was the place that he put Morgan's body, a place that he has been going to since a child/teen to get away from the stress?
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1388 on: February 04, 2010, 04:08:07 PM »

Yep.
The person who did this was showing signs of spinning out of control before he did this. Someone who knows him had to have seen this. Was the place that he put Morgan's body, a place that he has been going to since a child/teen to get away from the stress?

Yes, I found that the most interesting point, as well. It seems like it's something someone who knew the person involved might understand exactly what it meant.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1389 on: February 04, 2010, 04:09:50 PM »

Yep.

Yes, I found that the most interesting point, as well. It seems like it's something someone who knew the person involved might understand exactly what it meant.
Yes, and he was speaking directly at him.
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1390 on: February 04, 2010, 04:14:06 PM »

Yep.

I wonder if LE being so precise could benefit them in that they can now see if  a person reacts to the new stress of them knowing so much detail--like try to run or maybe act out so others might become suspicious? I sure hope in either case this will be solved quickly!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1391 on: February 04, 2010, 04:17:22 PM »

Yep.

I wonder if LE being so precise could benefit them in that they can now see if  a person reacts to the new stress of them knowing so much detail--like try to run or maybe act out so others might become suspicious? I sure hope in either case this will be solved quickly!
My thoughts is this person has been spinning out of control for awhile, and now really will be. Wonder how many times this person went back to where he put Morgan? It sounds to me the person could not be able to resist going back. Oh, somebody is well aware of this person.
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1392 on: February 04, 2010, 04:23:46 PM »

My thoughts is this person has been spinning out of control for awhile, and now really will be. Wonder how many times this person went back to where he put Morgan? It sounds to me the person could not be able to resist going back. Oh, somebody is well aware of this person.

I hope so! I also hope whoever is aware of this person does come forward to LE.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1393 on: February 04, 2010, 04:26:53 PM »

I am going to sound like a complete wack-a-doodle but here goes:

DG Davis says:
February 4, 2010 at 4:29 pm
THAT FIELD IS VERY UNIQUE IN ITS ARRANGEMENT. IT IS VERY SECLUDED EVEN IN A SECLUDED AREA. EVEN LOOKING AT THE GOOGLE SATELLITE IMAGES YOU CAN SEE MANY TIRE TRACKS IN THAT FIELD AND THE FIELD ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FENCE. AS THE LE HAS JUST SAID IN THE PRESS CONFERENCE THAT FILED IS VERY SPECIFIC FOR SOME STRANGE REASON.

History. Geneaology. Ancestry.

Who is buried there?
B

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/01/28/morgan-harrington-murder-rumors-of-a-suspects-arrest/#comments

http://www.dhr.virginia.gov/registers/Counties/Albemarle/002-0734_Anchorage_2001_Final_NR.pdf (info from Ragdoll at same link as above)

Pg7 the name Howell is mentioned as prior ownership 

Pg9-10 list gravestones.

I also was thinking of a place to bury pets, tucked away behind the treeline.

I hope something breaks soon, Blink's not budging on info.  I'm under the assumption that the perp may already be in jail on another chg.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1394 on: February 04, 2010, 04:29:45 PM »

I am going to sound like a complete wack-a-doodle but here goes:

DG Davis says:
February 4, 2010 at 4:29 pm
THAT FIELD IS VERY UNIQUE IN ITS ARRANGEMENT. IT IS VERY SECLUDED EVEN IN A SECLUDED AREA. EVEN LOOKING AT THE GOOGLE SATELLITE IMAGES YOU CAN SEE MANY TIRE TRACKS IN THAT FIELD AND THE FIELD ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FENCE. AS THE LE HAS JUST SAID IN THE PRESS CONFERENCE THAT FILED IS VERY SPECIFIC FOR SOME STRANGE REASON.

History. Geneaology. Ancestry.

Who is buried there?
B

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/01/28/morgan-harrington-murder-rumors-of-a-suspects-arrest/#comments

http://www.dhr.virginia.gov/registers/Counties/Albemarle/002-0734_Anchorage_2001_Final_NR.pdf (info from Ragdoll at same link as above)

Pg7 the name Howell is mentioned as prior ownership 

Pg9-10 list gravestones.

I also was thinking of a place to bury pets, tucked away behind the treeline.

I hope something breaks soon, Blink's not budging on info.  I'm under the assumption that the perp may already be in jail on another chg.
Not a wack-a doodle at all. There goes that Howell name again, interesting.....  God only knows what this person has all been doing on that land.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1395 on: February 04, 2010, 04:32:07 PM »

I have several names written down, now I can't remember which one of them is behind bars on other charges, GH, perhaps? That Eric Howell has been an interest to me.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1396 on: February 04, 2010, 04:34:38 PM »

I wonder if the Howell mentioned before (but Blink says her POI isn't a RSO) may have a brother/cousin? Oh where's someone who's good at finding relatives?

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1397 on: February 04, 2010, 05:33:03 PM »

I wonder if the Howell mentioned before (but Blink says her POI isn't a RSO) may have a brother/cousin? Oh where's someone who's good at finding relatives?
Good question, I'm not good at doing that.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1398 on: February 04, 2010, 05:45:28 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/morgan-harringtons-killer-knew-obstacles-farm-area/story?id=9749253

Cops Say Whoever Killed Morgan Harrington Knew Tricky Farm Area
Virginia Police Ask for Help From Farm Area Residents
By EMILY FRIEDMAN
Feb. 4, 2010
Whoever killed Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington and left her body on a remote farm knew the tricky "obstacles" to get to the location, Virginia police said today.
Virginia State Police Lt. Joe Rader asked at a press conference today for people who live in the area to alert investigators to whoever was familiar with the roads and terrain there.

Rader said investigators believe the person or persons responsibile for Harrington's murder was familiar with the area on Anchorage Farm where the 20-year-old's body was found.

"People in the Anchorage Farm area, you know what goes on there, you know the history," said Rader. "You know who comes in and out of the vicinity and you might not realize it but you probably have some information for us that you don't even think is important."

"We encourage you, pick up the phone and call us," said Rader, also offering a special phone line, 434-709-1685 , that has been set up for tips.

Anchorage Farm is in Albemarle County about 10 miles south of where Harrington was last seen at a Metallica concert. Her body was discovered by the owner of the farm on Oct. 17
Harrington's death was ruled a homicide on Wednesday, but her cause of death has not yet been determined.

Rader went on to list several points of interest about the location and the significance of the location that he said he was offering in hopes of getting a response from the community.

Among the items in Rader's list was information about the "obstacles" that a person unfamiliar with the farm would have faced trying to get to the stop where Harrington was found.

"The choice of that particular location is quite different than if the person responsible had chosen the public highway or the shoulder," said Rader. "This particular location would have been a high risk location unless you're familiar with the area
"People living in that area, this will mean something to you," Rader said cryptically.

Family and Friends of Harrington Suspect Foul Play by Local

Family and friends of Harrington have long been convinced that she was a victim of a murderer.

Jenna Testerman, one of Harrington's best friends, said that she knows Harrington would not have succumbed to a killer without putting up a fight.

"I really don't know what happened to her," Testerman told ABCNews.com, just days after the search for Harrington came to a grim ending with the discovery of her body. "She wasn't someone who would just wander off."

"But what I do know is that Morgan is a fighter and she would have fought to the death," said Testerman.

"We were all hoping that they were going to find her safe and while we knew it would take a lot of work to get Morgan back to normal, we just wanted her to be alive," said Testerman. "We just wanted her to give us one of her big hugs that she's known for."

Testerman said she is particularly feeling the loss. She and Harrington were part of a close-knit group of girlfriends who called themselves "The Nine." Some of the girls even got the number nine tattooed on their bodies as a symbol of their friendship when they all went off to college. Now they are eight.
"We just hope that she didn't have to go through any pain and that her killer showed her mercy and that she's up above in heaven looking down on us," said Testerman.

In a chilling blog entry on Jan. 31 on a Web site dedicated to Harrington, the girl's father, Dan Harrington, wrote about retrieving his dead daughter's body after months of hoping she'd be found alive.

"How could someone have erased so much of what Morgan was and reduced her to a jumbled heap of bones?" wrote Dan Harrington. "Who would ever have thought it would be mine to see every image of Morgan's life – from her first faint shadows on fetal ultrasound to the gaping orbital hollows in her skull? An abomination to witness this ending."

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1399 on: February 04, 2010, 05:47:01 PM »

Post continued from above.
What Happened to Morgan Harrington After the Metallica Concert?

Few details have emerged about the night she went missing. Harrington had gone to a Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville when she got separated from her friends, who believe she stepped outside for a smoke.

Harrington, who was wearing a black mini skirt, black tights and black boots as well as a black t-shirt with "Pantera" written on the front in tan letters, called her friends on a cell phone to say she was not allowed back inside.
Sarah Snead, who had accompanied Harrington and another friend to the concert, told WSLS in Raonake that she had been the one to receive the phone call telling them that she was stuck outside the arena.

"[She said] don't worry, I'll find a way home," said Snead.

Surveillance cameras at the concert caught Harrington getting turned away from several entrances as she tried to return to the conert. Later, witnesses told police they saw someone matching her description in a nearby grassy parking lot, and then walking on an adjacent road.

The morning after the concert, Harrington's purse and cell phone were found in that grassy field and later, her parents Dan and Gil Harrington, called police to report her missing.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.