March 19, 2024, 05:16:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748582 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1460 on: February 11, 2010, 06:52:07 PM »

http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=11973045
FBI Asks Bicyclists Help With Harrington Case
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 4:57 PM CST Updated: Feb 11, 2010 5:24 PM CST

The effort to draw out anyone who saw anything suspicious around the southern Albemarle county farm where Morgan Harrington's body was found is growing. The Federal Bureau of Investigation is now asking Charlottesville bicyclists to search their memories, especially if they ride any of the popular Red Hill Road training routes.

An email is being circulated to members of the Charlottesville biking community asking them to help with the Morgan Harrington case. In it, John Lawler, the owner of Charlottesville Bike and Tri recounts a conversation he had with an FBI agent based here. 

Lawler says Special Agent Lynne Stopford asked for his help in identifying a group of cyclists who ride in the area and park on Red Hill Road just east of Route 29 South. He says the agent is trying to find out if they remember seeing anything unusual about the time Morgan disappeared.

Harrington's body was found on Anchorage Farm, not far from the intersection of Red Hill Road and Route 29. Heather Higgins is a bike group organizer who's trying to spread the word about the police interest. Higgins says, "Cyclists are out in parts of the county people don't see very often and seeing things in a different way than motorists do."

Higgins and her team have reached out to more than 15 bicycling groups across Charlottesville to try and collect new leads in the case. Higgins notes that while they area has been searched before, bicyclists travel the area at slower speeds than cars, and are in a unique position to see and hear things a driver may not. 
The Virginia State Police say the FBI is working with them on the Harrington case and this is one facet of their search for more information about what may have happened on and around Anchorage Farm.

Reported by Keith McGilvery
See Bio / Email

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1461 on: February 11, 2010, 08:43:00 PM »

Thanks for all the updates, Trimm.   an angelic monkey

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1462 on: February 11, 2010, 08:59:32 PM »

You are most welcome Cece.   

Prayers for Morgan's family.  an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1463 on: February 12, 2010, 05:48:34 PM »

http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-morgan-harrington-cyclists-100212,0,5212080.htmlstory
FBI Asking Specific Group for Help in Morgan Harrington Investigation
Turning to bicyclists who frequent area where 20-year-old's body was found.

Misti Davidson Senior Producer

February 12, 2010
The FBI is turning to a specific group of people to help search for clues in the Morgan Harrington case. Thanks to a tip, investigators say bicyclists could help uncover information about the rural area of Albemarle County where a farmer found the 20-year-old's body. Cyclists are common in the area and they are very familiar with that part of the county. The cyclists see the back roads at a slower speed than drivers and can offer perspective to investigators. The Virginia State Police say this approach is just one of the many steps being taken to solve the case. Morgan Harrington disappeared October 17 after attending a Metallica concert at John Paul Jones Arena. Her body was found on a farm in Albemarle County in January. The medical examiner has ruled her death a homicide.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1464 on: February 14, 2010, 09:21:43 AM »

an angelic monkey

Praying for Morgan's Family.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1465 on: February 14, 2010, 12:42:36 PM »

http://www.findmorgan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2386
Yesterday, 08:44 PM
 Morgan Has Returned Home
Morgan's body has been returned to Roanoke. Gil and I had the privlege and honor of seeing and holding her for the last time. I cannot tell you how angry I am that someone could have murdered this beautiful young woman.

As we bring closure to this part of our family tragedy, we will continue to seek justice for her death. We also will continue to find ways to make Morgan's life remembered and her death not be in vain.

Gil, Alex and I are so appreciative of your continued support and help in finding Morgan's killer(s).

Dan, Gil and Alex Harrington

~ Peter Frampton
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1466 on: February 14, 2010, 03:09:30 PM »

an angelic monkey

Praying for Morgan's Family.

an angelic monkey  Same here.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1467 on: February 14, 2010, 03:12:16 PM »

Valentine wishes to all!

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1468 on: February 14, 2010, 10:01:23 PM »

Praying they find whoever took Morgan. Another special girl deprived of her life.

2 4 1
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1469 on: February 15, 2010, 07:57:59 AM »

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/news/opinion/columnists_bryan_mckenzie/article/why_harrington_didnt_have_to_die/52260/
Why Harrington didn’t have to die
By Bryan McKenzie
Published: February 14, 2010
Hidden by tall grass in a lonely field, afflicted by animals and insects, through rain and sleet and beneath 2 feet of snow, Morgan Harrington lay for as long as three months.
It’s a kick to the gut to think that she wound up dead and dumped in the woods. It’s frightening and angering to believe that someone from this community — and it most likely is someone from this community considering the remote nature of where Ms. Harrington’s body was found — would kill her.
But the hardest thought, and the one we avoid discussing, is that it didn’t have to happen.

A cruel chain of events

OK, let’s get it straight: The person to blame for Ms. Harrington’s death is the low-life, slime-sickened, green-horned chicken hopper that killed her and put her in a pasture. What led to her death, however, was a chain of events in which any broken link could have changed the outcome.
The first link was Ms. Harrington’s condition the night of her Oct. 17 disappearance from a Metallica concert at the University of Virginia’s John Paul Jones Arena. Police have described her as intoxicated.
Unfortunately, alcohol use affects judgment and, had she not been intoxicated or less so, her judgments and actions may well have been very different. That may have precluded the second link.
The second link is Ms. Harrington walking out of the arena while intoxicated and, in keeping with arena policy, not being allowed back inside.

Had she not walked out, she would not have been in a position to be taken. Had the arena not had such a stringent policy, she would not have been taken. If she was visibly intoxicated, as some witnesses have suggested, arena staff or onlookers in the parking lot could have called police to report a student in “an altered state” leaving the building in clothes ill-suited for cool temperatures.
Had police picked her up on charges of public intoxication and safely held her in supervised custody, the outcome would have been different.
The third link is her message to three friends inside the concert. Ms. Harrington told them she was stuck outside and that she would find another way home, being as her friends had her car keys and her car.
Had one of the three friends left the concert to babysit the intoxicated friend, perhaps going to the nearby Italian Villa for breakfast and killing time until the concert ended, she would have had a ride home. She would have had company.
That would have precluded the fourth link, which is Ms. Harrington’s decision to hitchhike on the Copeley Road railroad bridge. There she became an easy target of opportunity for a killer.

Behavioral problems

That brings us to the fifth and final link, which is the killer himself. Had the killer sought psychiatric help for what should have stood out even to him as a mental problem, or had someone forced the issue and found him help, Ms. Harrington would be alive.
At the risk of preaching, let’s recap the lessons we should learn from what happened.
Do not go to parties or public events intoxicated so that you may keep your wits about you.
Change policies to protect rather than punish patrons, even it means calling police. Better a night in safety and a misdemeanor charge than being left to the wild pigs in the street.
Take care of your friends, even if they make you extremely angry and inconvenienced.
Avoid strangers when stranded and seek help from people in authority.
Control your urges. If you can’t, seek professional help.

Ms. Harrington’s death is a tragedy, but if it helps us change our behaviors, it need not be in vain.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1470 on: February 15, 2010, 09:29:18 AM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog
Gil Harrington’s thoughts from February 15, 2010
On February - 15 - 2010

From Me To You

Then From You To Me

Jewelry

They gave me your bracelet back

Tarnished now, rusty and black

It’s the one I had as a girl

The one you wore as you left this world

The one that witnessed mortal harm

I’m wearing now on my arm

And I do so with sorrow and with pride

Having seen your dessicated flesh inside

Knowing you wore it as you died

I have scrubbed it out repeatedly

Since it was returned to me

But still I can tell

It harbors a smell

Of old flesh and of rot

But it’s all I have got

And as long as it smells you can’t be forgot.

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1471 on: February 15, 2010, 10:02:46 AM »

Gil Harrington’s thoughts from February 15, 2010
On February - 15 - 2010

From Me To You

Then From You To Me

Jewelry

They gave me your bracelet back

Tarnished now, rusty and black

It’s the one I had as a girl

The one you wore as you left this world

The one that witnessed mortal harm

I’m wearing now on my arm

And I do so with sorrow and with pride

Having seen your dessicated flesh inside

Knowing you wore it as you died

I have scrubbed it out repeatedly

Since it was returned to me

But still I can tell

It harbors a smell

Of old flesh and of rot

But it’s all I have got

And as long as it smells you can’t be forgot.

Thanks Trimm, I'm not sure what to say, very sad.
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1472 on: February 15, 2010, 11:19:53 AM »

I almost cannot read this poor woman's words.  The pain is so palpable that it is impossible to read without tears blurring the words.  Please, God, the person who did this must be found and brought to justice.  I did not expect it to take this long and be so quiet.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1473 on: February 15, 2010, 11:27:01 AM »

Another day ... still no arrest(s).

We are waiting. We will not go away. We want justice.

Prayers for Morgan's family.

I remember you, Caylee.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1474 on: February 15, 2010, 01:07:30 PM »

As someone who has been here since Natalee, I can tell you this for certain, we will never let your light go out, Morgan.  We will be here digging, waiting, and watching.  Justice will come.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1475 on: February 15, 2010, 01:32:42 PM »

As someone who has been here since Natalee, I can tell you this for certain, we will never let your light go out, Morgan.  We will be here digging, waiting, and watching.  Justice will come.

Never give up.   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1476 on: February 15, 2010, 03:41:55 PM »

and..  NEVER GIVE IN  !!

newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1477 on: February 15, 2010, 06:41:43 PM »

HI all I agree that awareness is key in unfamiliar surroundings, but when you are dealing with a sick person behavior of the victim in my opinion does not matter. The person that is sick is out of control. On our local news station tonight a woman almost 90 years old was raped and robbed sitting  in her own home watching T.V.  The attack or rape is not about how provocative a person is dressed, or how much she had to drink. I personally think Morgan was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I know this book has been discussed here, " THE GIFT OF FEAR." It is a great read and the premis of the book is to go with your intuition or gut feeling, if you think something is wrong. But unfortunately that is not always the case. I am so sorry for Morgan's family, my prayers are with them.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1478 on: February 17, 2010, 10:29:53 AM »

Gil Harrington’s thoughts from February 17, 2010
On February - 17 - 2010

February 17, 2010
My obscenity riddled to-do list has included words like victim, scent item, fingerprints, DNA, skeletonized, cadaver dog, medical examiner, now I add view remains. And that’s just what Morgan has been reduced to – calcified fragments.

All he left us with was her bones – but they are precious to us.  It is a primal emotion to get the body back to mourn and to honor the life that was lost.

We honored Morgan to the best of our abilities with a moving funeral Mass and a celebration of Morgan’s brief life.

We mourned Morgan to the best of our abilities by viewing with clarity her cast off bones.  Holding her in our own hands in this form as part of our leave-taking.  Holding the last remnants of our girl, to try and let the enormity and finality of her death penetrate somehow past the barriers in our minds that still scream “how can this be – it isn’t happening”.  Peering into Morgan’s empty orbital sockets the mind protests- but must concede, it is.  Not an exercise in reality I ever want again to come to me.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1479 on: February 17, 2010, 10:36:17 AM »

http://www.c-ville.com/index.php?cat=11101808092903167&ShowArticle_ID=11801102100390887
Issue #22.07 :: 02/16/2010 - 02/22/2010
Morgan Harrington's parents won't hold John Paul Jones, friends accountable

After memorial, family life is "shot through with Morgan"

BY BRENDAN FITZGERALD
One week after roughly 500 people gathered to mourn the death of 20-year-old Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington at a memorial service in Roanoke, Gil Harrington says that her family is more focused on the artifacts of her daughter’s life rather than factors that many say contributed to Morgan’s disappearance. 
“I think the only blame to be drawn, the finger to be pointed, is at the man who murdered my daughter,” said Harrington, reached yesterday at her family’s home. “These others are sidebars that detract away from where attention needs to be focused, and where energy needs to be spent.” Asked whether the Harrington family held John Paul Jones Arena accountable or planned to seek legal action against the venue that denied Morgan re-entry on the night of the Metallica concert, she said no.

“We all can play a better game and, in retrospect, change procedures and actions,” said Harrington. “But it’s just like with Morgan’s friends, it’s just like with officials—everyone was doing the best they could at the time.”

A gathering that followed Harrington’s memorial service featured tokens from Morgan’s life, from the pink knit hat placed on her head after she was born to the red dress she wore to her high school prom. But plenty more fill the family’s home, and Gil Harrington describes the family’s time since the discovery of her daughter’s remains as “shot through with Morgan.”

“I cook broccoli for dinner and it pulls me up short because I know Morgan likes margarine on it, not butter, like the rest of the family does,” said Harrington.

“Although there’s more sadness to this, I tell myself it’s not different than many ceremonies, high school graduations or college graduations or marriages,” Gil Harrington told C-VILLE after her daughter’s recent memorial service. “All of them involve a letting go of something, and they are always underpinned with some sadness.”
The family also has plans for an object particularly special to Gil Harrington and her daughter: a teak cigar box, one of several collected by Gil’s father during his work as a diplomatic courier.

“Morgan and I use them to put our jewelry in,” said Harrington, who shared the same information with a funeral director and family friend. “And I said, ‘I think we want to put Morgan’s ashes in the cigar box.’"

Harrington says that her son, Alex, recently looked through family photos and found a snapshot of Morgan as “a tiny baby,” playing with the cigar box.

“I never thought she’d be in it,” said Harrington. “But she was playing with my jewelry that was in the cigar box.”

Yet for each item the Harringtons confront and reevaluate in light of Morgan’s death, Gil Harrington says that there is no consensus on what justice means to the family at this point.

“My husband feels differently about this than I do. He wants justice and punishment [for the person responsible],” said Harrington. “I feel that punishment will be delivered, whether it’s done here or not. But I definitely want this person off the street for safety.”

“I think that’s typical father’s protective thing,” added Harrington. “If someone hurt your baby, you want them taken out. I don’t have that same visceral response.”

During a recent press conference, Virginia State Police unveiled a new phone line for sharing tips specifically addressing the areas of North Garden or Anchorage Farm. State police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said via e-mail that, at press time, the tip line had received roughly 60 calls.

“Several have been helpful in the course of our investigation, which is still very active—even despite all the snow,” wrote Geller.

C-VILLE welcomes news tips from readers. Send them to news@c-ville.com.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.