March 19, 2024, 03:00:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748560 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1480 on: February 17, 2010, 10:47:25 AM »

Morgan's family are such good people. I admire how they aren't pointing fingers at friends and the arena, they simply want her killer/killers brought to justice. What Morgan's mom wrote in her recent journal  an angelic monkey I don't know how they were able to see their daughter like that, but maybe for them that is part of their healing process. It would be very hard/impossible to get the images of their daughter like that out of their minds.
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1481 on: February 17, 2010, 11:22:59 AM »

Morgan's family are such good people. I admire how they aren't pointing fingers at friends and the arena, they simply want her killer/killers brought to justice. What Morgan's mom wrote in her recent journal  an angelic monkey I don't know how they were able to see their daughter like that, but maybe for them that is part of their healing process. It would be very hard/impossible to get the images of their daughter like that out of their minds.

I agree, NoRose.  Their strength & conviction are just amazing.  No one should ever have to go through what they have/are, but alas, there are too many others.  Prayers for the Harringtons.

And Thank you Trimm for the updates.

an angelic monkey

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1482 on: February 17, 2010, 11:45:40 AM »

I agree, NoRose.  Their strength & conviction are just amazing.  No one should ever have to go through what they have/are, but alas, there are too many others.  Prayers for the Harringtons.

an angelic monkey

You are welcome.
As for me,I would have to see my child.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1483 on: February 17, 2010, 12:03:21 PM »

an angelic monkey

You are welcome.
As for me,I would have to see my child.   an angelic monkey
I would have to also, but at the same time, I don't know if I could under those circumstances. I just don't know  Since both of the Harringtons are in the medical profession, maybe it is easier for them, but I don't see how it could be. But like I said before, for them it is probably part of their healing process.  an angelic monkey
FBIwannabe
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1484 on: February 17, 2010, 02:23:38 PM »

I have a wild scenario that I wanted to put out to you monkeys and see what you think.  I just keep going over the reasons why LE would reach out to the cyclists.  They are definitely asking them to try and remember if they saw anything unusual around the time of Morgan's death.  Being a cyclist myself, it made me think about how much you actually notice on the road and around it when you are on a bike rather than in a car.  If you ride in a certain area all the time, you certainly notice things that are different.  What if Morgan was wandering around outside like many eye-witnesses have said, dropped her purse and couldn't find it thinking "Oh well, I'll come back tomorrow...nothing all that important in it anyway," and made her way up to the bridge/road.  At some point, she stumbles into the road and someone hits her accidentally in a car.  They freak out because they are drinking/suspended license/whatever would not make them think clearly, and drive her to the farm to get rid of the evidence.

The impact from the car would certainly cause injuries visible to the ME.  I know they have not released cause of death, but with all the weird wording ("tragedy" and "homicide" instead of "murder) I just can't help but think this might be some freakish accident.  Back to the cyclists...they might possibly have seen something in, on, or beside the road that would help the investigation.  I definitely think that is the reason for asking them to go back and think about anything out of the ordinary they saw on the roads that weekend.

I warned you that it was a crazy idea!  Feel free to shoot holes all you want.  I'll even start it off.     I don't know what the roads are like between the arena and the field where she was found, but it seems like someone would have seen her past the sighting on the bridge if she continued walking.  If it was really dark, why would she keep walking if she didn't know where she was going?  I don't know...   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1485 on: February 17, 2010, 03:27:53 PM »

FBIwannabe, you are so right about bike riders seeing a lot more, and if you ride in the same area, you would definitely notice things. I haven't ridden a bike in years, but I sure know what you are talking about. About a drunk hitting Morgan, I never thought about that, but one thing for sure whoever this person was they knew that area well.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1486 on: February 17, 2010, 08:34:35 PM »

On the Poem that was posted a couple days ago... Mom talks of the braclett.

Here is the opinion of a poster at another forum..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa 
I have done this long enough to know you do not - ever - give away crime scene evidence before the disposition of a case. It does not happen. If the bracelet were found on AF - it was photographed and logged as evidence, probably marked and tagged on a search grid. It has to have a chain of custody to be useful as evidence. The problem becomes - heaven forbid there would ever be a trial in this - is that a defense attorney could open a huge door if the prosecution is not retaining custody of crime scene evidence. "Well officer, if you gave away that, what else have you given away? ...." It does not matter if it were found on or near or 10 feet from the body. It is still evidence. This really makes me wonder.

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=364384&page=6

So maybe the Poem is not factual.. ?
 It is just writing her feelings possibly ?

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1487 on: February 17, 2010, 09:56:33 PM »

On the Poem that was posted a couple days ago... Mom talks of the braclett.

Here is the opinion of a poster at another forum..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa 
I have done this long enough to know you do not - ever - give away crime scene evidence before the disposition of a case. It does not happen. If the bracelet were found on AF - it was photographed and logged as evidence, probably marked and tagged on a search grid. It has to have a chain of custody to be useful as evidence. The problem becomes - heaven forbid there would ever be a trial in this - is that a defense attorney could open a huge door if the prosecution is not retaining custody of crime scene evidence. "Well officer, if you gave away that, what else have you given away? ...." It does not matter if it were found on or near or 10 feet from the body. It is still evidence. This really makes me wonder.

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=364384&page=6

So maybe the Poem is not factual.. ?
 It is just writing her feelings possibly ?

I wondered about that, that didn't seem right to me she was given that bracelet, but I just don't know.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1488 on: February 18, 2010, 08:32:29 AM »

http://www.readthehook.com/stories/2010/02/18/LETTER-morgan-tucker.aspx
LETTER- Please examine my Harrington theory
By L. K. TUCKER
Published February 18, 2010 in issue 0907 of the Hook
Bookmark and Share

[Re: December 4 cover story: "On the trail: Harrington's body creates new mysteries, angles"]There is rampant speculation about the killer of Morgan Harrington. Until there is a cause of death consistent with murder, there is no killer.

What killer would leave a car parked while carrying a body even half a mile? There are too many other quick drop off sites in the remote area. There is something that would have caused Morgan to have a mental break and wander the ten miles to die of exposure.

Virginia Tech is having a problem with it. Since the Cho shooting there has been a suicide, a beheading murder in the grad center snack bar, and now this strange disappearance death. When will Tech investigate Subliminal Distraction?

L.K.Tucker
Montgomery,Alabama

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1489 on: February 18, 2010, 08:42:20 AM »

http://www.visionandpsychosis.net/
VisionAndPsychosis.Net©
In Montgomery, AL.
Subliminal Distraction

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1490 on: February 18, 2010, 09:47:33 AM »

VisionAndPsychosis.Net©
In Montgomery, AL.
Subliminal Distraction
Thank-you, I read it two times, and not quite understanding what this is exactly
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1491 on: February 18, 2010, 01:32:57 PM »

VisionAndPsychosis.Net©
In Montgomery, AL.
Subliminal Distraction
Thank-you, I read it two times, and not quite understanding what this is exactly

He/she is saying that Morgan wandered off and died of exposure. That something happening at VT may have causes a "mental break."

Not buying it. Nope.

I remember you, Caylee.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1492 on: February 18, 2010, 01:59:58 PM »

VisionAndPsychosis.Net©
In Montgomery, AL.
Subliminal Distraction

He/she is saying that Morgan wandered off and died of exposure. That something happening at VT may have causes a "mental break."

Not buying it. Nope.
Thank-you. No I'm not buying that at all either.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1493 on: February 18, 2010, 05:11:42 PM »

humans can walk 20 miles a day with ease.
At night ? In the wilderness ?
She showed many signs of being drugged. That is a fact from all eye witness accounts.
Did she and others take drugs ? Ar they a bunch of outy of control drug users ?
Maybe

What about the shirt ?
Was there really a shirt found by some apartments that belonged to Morgan ?
If so, was that apartment along a walk that would end where her body was found ?

A LOT of very strange incodents have in fact happened in this area in a very short period of time.. The chinese guy who cut off the girls head and ALL the people in the cafatria RAN..
That shows how much community care and willingness to get involved exists in the area..
Chicken BucBuc..

What about the photos of her girlfriends in party mode after her disapperance ?
Discusting pictures of such care and concerning friends.

These kinda things lead me to believe that Moragn could have in fact been drugged out of her mind and possibly picked up molested and dropped off and she walked from that drop off point..dropped her or lost her shirt or it was thrown at her out of a car window after an attack and walked off half dazed died of a drug overdose in the weeds.

So I do not know.. People that live there do not seem to be to overwhelmed or helpful in eye witness accounts and NOBODY tried to help her at all from the concert to the supposed hitchhike..
Her friends let her die.
Then they went to another party.
All of that is full of questions and just my opinion on the Kind of people at that college and in the neighborhoods surrounding the concert.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1494 on: February 18, 2010, 05:26:31 PM »

http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=12007259

Morgan Harrington's Parents Meet With Police
Posted: Feb 18, 2010 3:48 PM EST Updated: Feb 18, 2010 3:57 PM EST

Morgan Harrington's parents made an emotional visit to the Copeley Road Bridge Thursday. That's the last place their daughter was seen alive before she disappeared and was killed.

The Harringtons came to town to get an update from police on the investigation. While they were here, they updated the memorial on the bridge and they say they're going to keep coming back until Morgan's killer is found.

Dan and Gil Harrington cut three yellow ribbons off a pole on the bridge. Each ribbon represented a month that Morgan was missing. They left a black ribbon hanging that will stay until Morgan's killer is found and brought to justice.

Dan Harrington says State Police are still getting tips, but he hopes something will jog people's memory who live near Anchorage Farm, where Morgan's body was found.

A State Police spokeswoman says they still don't have the cause of death, and that the medical examiner is still working on trying to determine that.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1495 on: February 18, 2010, 06:19:27 PM »

http://www.c-ville.com/index.php?cat=1991704080566501&act=post&pid=12031802100761366

Harrington family: DNA results from Morgan's remains will take 5-6 months
by Brendan Fitzgerald, February 18th 03:28pm

During a brief press conference today at Copeley Bridge near John Paul Jones Arena, the parents of Morgan Harrington said that DNA tests conducted on the remains of their daughter will likely take five to six months before they provide information about her death. Dan Harrington said, however, that the family's pursuit of justice and presence in the community would persist.
Going forward, I think our focus will be on safety," he told reporters. "Campus safety is an important issue."

During the press conference, Gil Harrington distributed cards from her daughter's memorial service at St. Andrew's Catholic Church in Roanoke, along with copies of a poem, "Morgan, Music Fan." Lines from the poem include: "He was checking the scene planning a murder" and "Now I have felt the heft of her skull in my palm."

Gil Harrington has also posted several poems on FindMorgan.com. One describes the return of a bracelet: "Tarnished now, rusty and black/ It’s the one I had as a girl/ The one you wore as you left this world." Asked whether she had received a bracelet worn by her daughter the night she disappeared, Gil Harrington rolled up her sleeve and presented it.

While Morgan Harrington's death has been classified as a homicide, a cause of death is yet to be released.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1496 on: February 18, 2010, 06:26:13 PM »

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2010/02/18/hes-here-harringtons-warn-killer-hell-be-caught/
  He’s here: Harringtons warn killer he’ll be caught
by Courteney Stuart
published 4:27pm Thursday Feb 18, 2010

Dan and Gil Harrington arrive at the Copeley Road Bridge on Thursday, February 18.
PHOTO BY COURTENEY STUART
They don’t know who killed their daughter, but Morgan Harrington’s parents say they remain certain about where he lives, and that he will be caught.

“There is a bad guy here in Charlottesville,” Dan Harrington pointedly told reporters gathered by Morgan’s memorial on the Copeley Road bridge on Thursday morning, February 18, after he and Morgan’s mother, Gil, finished meeting with law enforcement.

Recalling lone female joggers he and Gil saw earlier that morning crossing the bridge and praising both UVA and Virginia Tech for emailing messages to all of their students, specifically referring to Morgan, Dan Harrington cautioned, “Students and citizens to be aware of their surroundings and not make themselves unsafe.”

While the Medical Examiner in Richmond has publicly ruled Morgan’s death a homicide, her parents may also know more specifically how their daughter died. Asked if police had shared her cause of death, the Harringtons paused and looked at each other before replying. “That,” said Dan, “you’d need to get from police.”
State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller declined comment, citing toxicology tests still being conducted by the Medical Examiner.

One forensic expert says he believes there should be plentiful physical evidence, even if Morgan perished the night of the Metallica concert, October 17, thanks to cool fall nights followed by the two-foot blanket of snow that buried Central Virginia from mid-December until days before January 26 when Morgan’s remains were discovered by Anchorage Farm owner Dave Bass as he rode his tractor checking fences.

“In decomposition, a major factor is temperature,” says Dr. Bill Bass, a UVA-educated forensic scientist and founder of “The Body Farm,” a research facility in Knoxville, Tennessee that studies the breakdown of human remains and which was the subject of the eponymous 1984 novel by Patricia Cornwell.

Bass, who is no relation to the Anchorage Farm owner but who coincidentally owns his own farm near Lynchburg, says toxicology tests and DNA tests can be run on minimal amounts of tissue, even on partially or mostly skeletonized remains, as Morgan’s have been described by both police and her parents.

While forensic expert Bass is not working on Morgan’s case, he says the medical examiner’s immediate ruling that Morgan’s death is a homicide suggests “they have found something in the body that is damaged. It could be a gunshot, could be stabbing.” Toxicology and DNA tests can take weeks, even months, to complete, he notes, although he says it’s reasonable to believe police know the cause of death but “may not want to say yet” for investigative purposes.

The Harringtons held a public funeral mass and reception in Roanoke on Friday, February 5, but didn’t receive Morgan’s remains until the following week, an event that Gil Harrington has detailed in poetry and blog posts at the family’s findmorgan.com, including one titled “Jewelry,” about a heavy silver bracelet Morgan wore when she died, and which Gil now wears on her own arm.

Police and the Harringtons decline comment on any other items recovered with Morgan’s body including a widely publicized Swarovsky crystal necklace; however Dan Harrington seemed to suggest that the bracelet was not the only piece of jewelry found.
“He didn’t even want her jewelry,” he said, adding his belief that Morgan’s death was a sexual assault that “ended up in her murder.”

Gil Harrington now wears the silver bracelet her daughter Morgan was wearing when she died.
PHOTO BY COURTENEY STUAR
T
The Harringtons have become familiar to millions of people through news coverage, and their grace in the face of personal devastation has further endeared them to strangers who comment extensively on Facebook and other Morgan-devoted blogs.

Their dedication to solving the mystery surrounding their daughter was once again on display Thursday, as they acknowledged that while they will never find closure or move past the loss, they do not seek to blame her friends or the John Paul Jones Arena, which has a policy that locked Morgan out during the October 17 Metallica show.

“Her killer is to blame,” they said, soon after cutting three yellow ribbons from a lightpole on the bridge. Those yellow ribbons signified the three months they’d hoped Morgan would come home safely. One black ribbon, signifying her death, will remain on the lightpole, they say, until her killer is found and brought to justice.

“This ain’t going to end,” said Gil gesturing to the memorial, the ribbons, and the cameras aimed at her, “until Morgan finds justice.”

~ Peter Frampton
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1497 on: February 18, 2010, 06:59:46 PM »

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/84731632.html

February 18, 2010

Dan and Gil Harrington visited Charlottesville Thursday to meet with police.

Investigators continue to look for the killer of their daughter, Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, and her parents are making it clear they think that person is in Charlottesville.

The Harringtons say it will take several months for the medical examiner to finish analyzing the DNA and toxicology results found at the scene. They are visited the Copely Road Bridge with determination and resolve following their meeting with police for an update.

"There is a bad guy here in Charlottesville who knows the region, who specifically knows the area around Anchorage Farm," Dan Harrington said.

Morgan has been laid to rest in Roanoke, but investigators are still analyzing Morgan's DNA. The Harringtons say it will take five to six months for toxicology results.

Her parents continue to come to grips with what happened. Gil Harrington wore the bracelet her daughter had on when she was found.

"It's as if you've had an amputation," Gil Harrington said. "And perhaps you learn to write with the non-dominant arm, but you never forget you're missing your right arm."

The Harringtons said they will continue coming back to the Copely Road Bridge, the last place Morgan was seen alive, until they find justice.

"Evil just amazes me, that we have it around us, I guess," Dan Harrington said. "But we need to find the person that did this, and you may get tired and not come anymore, but this [memorial] ain't going away. This will be here until Morgan finds justice."

The Harringtons want to keep the memorial at the bridge going for as long as they can.

Gil Harrington wrote a poem filled with poignant words from a mother's heart addressed to whoever took her daughter's life.

Morgan, Music Fan
by Gil Harrington

Our girl wanted to go out and dance
Didn't know she took such a chance
Just wanted to be part of the scene
Didn't know people could be so damn mean
That anyone would want to hurt her
He was checking the scene planning a murder
EVIL lurking, around the periphery
To kill and vanquish her beauty
EVIL like killed Lennon, King, JFK
Decided to take out a girl on that day
And threw her like refuse in a field of hay
Now I have felt the heft of her skull in my palm
An abomination for any mom
Your crime and your EVIL fill me with rage
We will not rest til you're locked in a cage
We will catch you, I know that we can
We're after you--me and Dan
So other girls will be safe on the street
To follow the music
To follow the beat

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1498 on: February 18, 2010, 07:29:55 PM »

Thanks Cece.I just saw this myself.   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1499 on: February 18, 2010, 07:59:51 PM »

Thanks Cece.I just saw this myself.   an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey  You're welcome & TY for all the updates you post for Morgan.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.