March 19, 2024, 03:05:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748561 times)
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1520 on: February 23, 2010, 05:09:30 PM »

Family of Missing Delaware Woman Hopes Human Remains Are Hers

http://www.wboc.com/global/story.asp?s=12024223

SNOW HILL, Md.- Relatives of Delaware woman Christine Sheddy, who went missing from a Pocomoke City house in November 2007, said they hope the human remains unearthed in Snow Hill on Friday are Sheddy's. This would allow closure for the family, according to a family spokesperson.

Worcester County State's Attorney Joel Todd said the human remains could be identified by the end of the week.

Todd said investigators also found shoes and pants with the human remains, now being referred to as "Jane Doe."

Todd said that until a cause of death can be determined, he is not naming any persons of interest or suspects connected with how the remains got there.

Todd also would not comment on the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of Sheddy.

But through a spokesperson, Sheddy's family said a man who was with Sheddy before her disappearance could now be cooperating with police.

That man, Clarence Jackson, is now in a Tennessee jail convicted of arson.

Sheddy's relatives said they are not yet sure what role Jackson could have played in her disappearance, but hope he at least provides information that could lead to closure for them.

Family members say Jackson leased the Pocomoke City house, in which Sheddy was last seen.

Owners of the River House Inn in Snow Hill, where the human remains were found, said Jackson worked as a handyman for them, but were not sure how long ago.

The owners, Larry and Suzanne Knudsen, said they never noticed anything strange or that anything was buried on their property.

"We are doing all we can do to cooperate with Joel Todd and other law enforcement offices, and hope things can return to as normal as can be for a small town," said Larry Knudsen.

Jim Adcock, who owns an art gallery adjacent to the River House Inn property, said he last saw Jackson at the property as recently at 2008.

Either way, Adcock said the sleepy town has gotten a big wake-up.

"I think it's shocking and very sad that something like this happened in Snow Hill," Adcock said. "It's a very quiet town."

Christine Sheddy's relatives said they are not yet sure what role Clarence Jackson, above, could have played in her disappearance, but hope he at least provides information that could lead to closure for them.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1521 on: February 23, 2010, 05:10:53 PM »

There is also a video report at the link I just posted.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1522 on: February 23, 2010, 05:14:21 PM »

OOps!!!  Can a mod please remove the last two posts.  I posted them on the wrong thread.  So sorry!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1523 on: February 23, 2010, 05:41:21 PM »

OOps!!!  Can a mod please remove the last two posts.  I posted them on the wrong thread.  So sorry!

Hey Cece,thanks for the updates.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1524 on: February 23, 2010, 06:33:54 PM »

Hi All,

I too agree that Morgan did not just wander off and die of hypothermia. I went to SnowShoe this past weekend and drove through Charlottesville coming and going stopping both times in Charlottesville. It was kind of eerie knowing that something horrible happened nearby there. Lot's of snow still on the ground, not alot of farming going on.
I stopped at a winery in Charlottesville as well and of course there were no grapes on the vines, the fields were full of snow. The area is known for its agriculture and animal farming. There are alot of farms and wineries in that area. Someone living there would know that there would be no need for a farmer to be out in the fields. This person may have had a four wheel drive, or snow mobile. We do not know how long the body laid there before being discovered. We don't know if the body of Morgan was somewhere else first.  Was Morgan dumped in the woods nearby and an animal dragged her to that area?  I think there is a killer in that area. I wonder if the killer works seasonal farmwork and knows these remote  farm areas.  It is scary to think  people that kill are living around us, passing us in a grocery store , or sitting next to us in a restaurant.  Thank God there are still alot of beautiful and kind people in the world to counter this evil.
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1525 on: February 23, 2010, 09:22:05 PM »

Thanks cece for the facebook link, I joined and will be ordering bracelets when available.  I also wanted to say thank you trimm.  I could never keep up with all the different news in the threads that I keep up with without your posts.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1526 on: February 24, 2010, 06:40:58 AM »

You are most welcome akmom.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1527 on: February 24, 2010, 05:34:34 PM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-
Gil Harrington’s thoughts from February 24, 2010
On February - 24 - 2010

February 24, 2010

People tell me that since Morgan’s body has been found I can have closure.  I don’t think that is realistic or reasonable or even what I am looking for.  This kind of abrupt fundamental loss is like having a traumatic severing of your arm.  You don’t get closure with an amputation.  You are always aware of and wishing for your missing limb.  BUT- you do have a choice – to be crippled OR to learn to write with your non-dominant hand or with a prosthesis or stick a pen in your mouth and go for it. (Who knows your penmanship may improve!).  So you accommodate and learn to incorporate the injury into your reality.  But the loss is ever present and apparent to self and others.

We don’t know how to make this new life fabric yet.  Often it looks like a tangled snarl that can never be sorted out – but sometimes I catch glimpses of something like a spider’s web –delicate, intricate and having tremendous tensile strength.  We are not there yet – but see a direction to aim for.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1528 on: February 24, 2010, 05:35:39 PM »

Prayers for the Harrington family.   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1529 on: February 24, 2010, 07:37:31 PM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-
Gil Harrington’s thoughts from February 24, 2010
On February - 24 - 2010

February 24, 2010

People tell me that since Morgan’s body has been found I can have closure.  I don’t think that is realistic or reasonable or even what I am looking for.  This kind of abrupt fundamental loss is like having a traumatic severing of your arm.  You don’t get closure with an amputation.  You are always aware of and wishing for your missing limb.  BUT- you do have a choice – to be crippled OR to learn to write with your non-dominant hand or with a prosthesis or stick a pen in your mouth and go for it. (Who knows your penmanship may improve!).  So you accommodate and learn to incorporate the injury into your reality.  But the loss is ever present and apparent to self and others.

We don’t know how to make this new life fabric yet.  Often it looks like a tangled snarl that can never be sorted out – but sometimes I catch glimpses of something like a spider’s web –delicate, intricate and having tremendous tensile strength.  We are not there yet – but see a direction to aim for.

You know, I just heart her. Thanks for posting Trim.

Gil is doing such important work for others and she has no clue. She is just trying to progress her grief and healing.

I continue to be humbled by the Harringtons' grace.
B
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1530 on: February 25, 2010, 06:48:51 PM »

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=12045885
February 25, 2010
Harrington case inspires local woman to help families of missing loved ones

When Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington went missing last October, many people volunteered to help search for her.

Roanoke County mom, Karen ReMine, was one of them.  She's close friends with Morgan's parents, Dan and Gil.  Being part of the search made ReMine want to do more.

She joined the Virginia Canine Response Team in November, and last month she got Savannah, a golden retriever puppy who is now undergoing training in human remains recovery.

"I could see that taking in dogs is such a valuable tool in looking for someone who's missing truly because of my love for Gil and Dan Harrington, being best friends and our desire to find Morgan, I really thought there is something more there we could [do] for other people," said ReMine.

She has already been called out on missing persons searches.  It'll take about a year before Savannah is fully trained and able to go too.

~ Peter Frampton
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1531 on: February 26, 2010, 10:48:44 AM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog

Gil Harrington’s thoughts from February 26, 2010

Ashes in a cigar box.  Morgan we have your ashes setting on our coffee table.  They are stored in one of you granddad’s JGW cigar boxes.  It seemed the right choice.  We have several of them and use these boxes every day.  Dad keeps change and keys and such on his dresser in a JGW cigar box.  I store my tea and sweetener in a JGW cigar box on the kitchen counter and open it up every day.  Alex has his filled with letters and photos.  Predictably, you have used your JGW cigar box to store an assortment of funky jewelry.

Alex even found a photo of you as a baby playing with jewelry in a JGW cigar box.  Never could I have imagined a reality where you would be inside the box – waiting for the right day to be sprinkled outside and returned to the earth.

I was starting to spiral into the vortex of grief and loss thinking. “we have only ashes left”.  How can we snatch meaning from Morgan’s ashes?- but remembered that ashes can be used to make cinderblocks which can be used to build strong foundations – for good – for education here at VTC and in Africa with OMNI School and who knows what else.  We will pledge your ashes, mix and use your ashes as well as we can, to create some substantive good from this tragedy and in so doing honor the light that was Morgan Dana Harrington.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1532 on: February 26, 2010, 11:21:07 AM »

Ashes in a cigar box.  Morgan we have your ashes setting on our coffee table.  They are stored in one of you granddad’s JGW cigar boxes.  It seemed the right choice.  We have several of them and use these boxes every day.  Dad keeps change and keys and such on his dresser in a JGW cigar box.  I store my tea and sweetener in a JGW cigar box on the kitchen counter and open it up every day.  Alex has his filled with letters and photos.  Predictably, you have used your JGW cigar box to store an assortment of funky jewelry.

Alex even found a photo of you as a baby playing with jewelry in a JGW cigar box.  Never could I have imagined a reality where you would be inside the box – waiting for the right day to be sprinkled outside and returned to the earth.

I was starting to spiral into the vortex of grief and loss thinking. “we have only ashes left”.  How can we snatch meaning from Morgan’s ashes?- but remembered that ashes can be used to make cinderblocks which can be used to build strong foundations – for good – for education here at VTC and in Africa with OMNI School and who knows what else.  We will pledge your ashes, mix and use your ashes as well as we can, to create some substantive good from this tragedy and in so doing honor the light that was Morgan Dana Harrington.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1533 on: February 26, 2010, 11:24:20 AM »

I'm sorry, I meant to say thank-you. It seems appropriate to have Morgan's ashes in a JGW cigar box  an angelic monkey And one day to be sprinkled outside. I don't think I've ever seen a family like this, they are very strong and look at things in such a positive light in all their grief. Thank God they are able to be like this.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1534 on: February 26, 2010, 12:26:42 PM »

Thanks Cece.

Continued prayers for the Harringtons.  an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1535 on: February 28, 2010, 01:47:23 AM »

Dear, dear Harrington family, in the word of one of my favorite hymns:

And He will raise you up on eagle's wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the sun,
And hold you in the palm of His Hand.
You need not fear the terror of the night,
Nor the arrow that flies by day,
Though thousands fall about you,
Near you it shall not come.

And He will raise you up on eagle's wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the sun,
And hold you in the palm of His Hand.
For to His angels He's given a command,
To guard you in all of your ways,
Upon their hands they will bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.

She is safe in his hands and you are being watched over.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1536 on: February 28, 2010, 08:31:15 AM »

Morgan Harrington- If you came back from heaven 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z0IOmbOYkCc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Z0IOmbOYkCc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>

http://www.findmorgan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2551

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1537 on: February 28, 2010, 11:10:05 AM »

Continued prayers for Morgan's family. I was so hoping they would have her killer by now, but I'm sure the police are working very hard to catch him.
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1538 on: February 28, 2010, 11:46:56 AM »

Morgan Harrington- If you came back from heaven 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z0IOmbOYkCc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Z0IOmbOYkCc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>

http://www.findmorgan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2551

Thank you Trimm.  That was beautiful. 

Prayers for Morgan's family.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1539 on: February 28, 2010, 01:40:38 PM »

Cece,that photo of Morgan and her Father at the end made me cry.   
Prayers for the Harrington family.   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.