March 19, 2024, 12:08:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748525 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1580 on: March 17, 2010, 02:39:21 PM »

Thanks Klaas.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1581 on: March 17, 2010, 02:43:23 PM »

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/state_regional/article/morgan_harringtons_parents_talk_about_case_in_charlottesville/87469/
Home > News> State Regional
Morgan Harrington’s parents talk about case in Charlottesville
WSLS News Staff
news@wsls.com
Published: March 17, 2010
Updated: March 17, 2010
You can watch what else Dan and Gil Harrington had to say, tonight on WSLS at 6:00 p.m.

2:00 p.m.
CHARLOTTESVILLE - Dr. Dan Harrington and Gil Harrington hope to get more information from the public to help police catch their daughter’s killer.

The parents of Morgan Harrington talked with reporters in Charlottesville Wednesday afternoon, in front of the University of Virginia’s John Paul Jones Arena (JPJ), where Morgan disappeared from following a Metallica concert this past Fall.

Dr. Dan Harrington said Morgan was bleeding the night of the concert, when she was trying to get back inside JPJ.  In a follow up call to State Police about that statement, WSLS found that investigators believe Morgan had a small cut on her chin, likely caused by slipping and falling outside the arena.

The Harringtons’ said they are not angry about JPJ’s policy that did not allow people to re-enter after leaving the concert.

Gil Harrington also speculated about whether Morgan’s death may be connected to other deaths in the Charlottesville area.  State Police told WSLS in a follow up call that investigators have not found any evidence that links Morgan’s death to any other deaths in the area.

Our crew is on its way back from Charlottesville, and working on the story for WSLS at 6:00 p.m.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1582 on: March 17, 2010, 02:46:10 PM »

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/88221577.html
Posted: 1:53 PM Mar 17, 2010
Gil Harrington Writes of a "Sadistic Monster" Walking Free
Charlottesville, Va.
Five months to the day after her daughter disappeared while attending a Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena, Morgan Harrington's mom wrote a soul-baring account of her feelings, saying a "sadistic monster" is walking free.
Reporter: Jim Hanchett
Email Address: news@newsplex.com

Five months to the day after her daughter disappeared while attending a Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville, Morgan Harrington's mom wrote a soul-baring account of her feelings, saying a "sadistic monster" is walking free.

Morgan, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student, vanished October 17 after leaving the concert at the JPJ.

Her body was found in January in an isolated spot on Anchorage Farm, a few miles south of Charlottesville. Police say she was murdered but have made no arrests and have offered little new information about the crime or its investigation in the following weeks.

On her blog, Gil Harrington wrote:

"The nights can be difficult. When you are between sleep and wake your defenses dip and then unwanted thoughts and images come roaring in. I try not to think of how scared you were, the terror you felt. I try not to think of how much pain you were in as you were slaughtered.

"Were you still alive when they brought you to Anchorage Farm? To be hunted like a deer running frantically over the hay stubble in the field desperate to escape, trying to survive, crying, screaming, I see it. I hear it. Or, were you brought there already dead, like a slab of meat, carrion to be discarded and dumped in the field to rot - just another carcass in the hunting preserve.

"These images haunt me at night. During the day I can usually shake them off and focus on our job, trying to find your murderer. Other girls are in danger while this sadistic monster walks free. We will never rest until he is put away. Morgan will you help us, in what ever way you can to remove his evil from the world?"

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1583 on: March 17, 2010, 02:47:15 PM »

Continued prayers for the Harrington family.   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1584 on: March 17, 2010, 03:28:03 PM »

Thanks Klaas and Trimm.

My heart goes out to the Harrington's.  Such gentle kind people. 

I still believe their Shinny Girl Morgan will have the last word.  I hope she is haunting the savages that did this to her as we speak.

Hugs and peace to the Harrington's.  Justice is coming..hoping that it would comer sooner rather then later.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1585 on: March 17, 2010, 05:20:04 PM »

God help these good people.  I have changed my mind and will wear this bracelet until the killer is brought to justice, not just found,

2 4 1 Sweet Morgan

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Roxie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1586 on: March 17, 2010, 08:28:20 PM »

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/news/local/crime/article/family_morgan_harrington_bones_were_shattered/53752/

When Morgan D. Harrington’s bones were found in an Albemarle County pasture, they had been shattered and broken into jagged pieces, her parents said Wednesday.
Roxie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1587 on: March 17, 2010, 08:32:13 PM »

God please continue to give the Harringtons your blessings and strength.
Roxie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1588 on: March 17, 2010, 08:48:41 PM »

“Someone knows something,” says Dan Harrington, pictured here with wife Gil on March 17 in front of John Paul Jones Arena. “They need to come forward.”
http://www.cvilleblogs.com/
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1589 on: March 17, 2010, 09:34:47 PM »

Parents of slain Virginia Tech student believe murder is related to Colonial Parkway killings

The parents of the Virginia Tech student who was kidnapped and murdered after a Charlottesville concert are now worried her killing is part of a larger crime spree.

Her father said the murder could even be related to the Colonial Parkway killings.

Today Gil Harrington went to the Copley Bridge in Charlottesville, the last place her daughter Morgan was seen alive.

She placed a chrome angel atop a spreading memorial. She chose this sculpture because it is featureless. It's not just for Morgan, but for a number of young women mostly who have vanished or who've been slain in a series of unsolved crimes.

"This is not his first crime. He has upped his game in a significant and disturbing way," Gil Harrington said.

Morgan's father distributed a map showing the disappearances or murders of several people like Morgan in the past year. He's also aware of Alicia Showalter Reynolds, the victim of an unknown highway stalker in the Charlottesville area. In the mid 1990s, a man targeted women on Rt. 29. Morgan's body was found not far from where Reynold's remains were dumped more than a decade earlier. Dan Harrington thinks the cases may be related.

"We have discussed that with police. They have not commented nor committed that Morgan's death is connected to that, but clearly it is being considered. It is also being considered with the Colonial Parkway Murders," he said.

Many people, including family members of Colonial Parkway victims, have suspected the killer who took eight lives in our area migrated in the 1990s to the Charlottesville area, where the highway stalkings frightened a dozen women and ended in Reynold's murder.

"There are a lot of unsolved crimes in Virginia in the last 15 years. To me, it is quite frightening that those things remain unsolved," Dan Harrington added.

Today Morgan's parents also revealed the killer severely battered the student before her death. They said the damage to her skeleton was horrifying.

"This Charlottesville man hurt Morgan Harrington enough to break her bones before he murdered her. I cannot get the image of Morgan's shattered bones out of my mind."

Gil Harrington believes the killer is from the Charlottesville area, but police have not named any suspects.

Morgan's parents worry the killer is stalking other women in the area around the UVA campus.

Harrington's parents say if someone does not turn him in, he will surely strike again.
http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-morgan-harrington-cp-murders,0,6816155.story

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1590 on: March 18, 2010, 06:32:29 AM »

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/240273
Morgan Harrington's bones broken, shattered

Thursday, March 18, 2010
CHARLOTTESVILLE -- When Morgan Harrington's bones were found, they had been shattered and broken, her parents said Wednesday.

"I cannot get the image of Morgan's shattered bones out of my mind," her mother Gil Harrington said.

She and Dan Harrington, Morgan's father, spoke to media Wednesday.

Harrington, 20, was killed after leaving a concert Oct. 17 at the University of Virginia. A farmer found her remains about three months later in Albemarle County. The medical examiner's office has said only that the case is a homicide.

State police spokeswoman Corinne Geller declined to comment Wednesday on the state of the remains and said police have no suspects.

-- The (Charlottesville) Daily Progress

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1591 on: March 18, 2010, 06:48:36 AM »

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/2010/03/18/legislature-passes-resolution-in-honor-of-harrington/
Legislature passes resolution in honor of Harrington
House of Delegates, state Senate recognize murdered Virginia Tech student
Mark Riffee and Mike Lang, Cavalier Daily Staff Writer

News
March 18, 2010
The Virginia General Assembly honored deceased Virginia Tech student Morgan Dana Harrington with a House Joint Resolution offered Feb. 26 by House Majority Leader Del. Morgan Griffith, R-Roanoke County.

The resolution describes Harrington as “a beloved young Virginian whose life was full of promise for the future and whose heart was full of love for her family and friends” and mentions her dedication to “volunteering with children who were victims of domestic violence,” as well as her pursuit of a degree in education at Virginia Tech.

Resolutions honoring Virginians who have passed away are introduced each Friday while the General Assembly is in session, but Griffith said the Harrington memorial resolution is unique because it was signed by every member of the House and Senate.

“Everyone was shaken by the circumstances of Ms. Harrington’s death,” Griffith said.

Dan and Gil Harrington said they hoped the resolution would draw attention to the shortcomings in the procedures that structure search efforts.

Harrington disappeared Oct. 17 during a Metallica concert at John Paul Jones Arena, and her body was found Jan. 26 at Anchorage Farm, just 10 miles south of Grounds. Police officials since have ruled her death a homicide and continue to search for suspects.

The idea for the resolution was brought to the House majority leader by a friend of the Harrington family. Before introducing the resolution to the General Assembly, Griffith made sure the family was on board with it because, he said, “sometimes in these cases, it just brings the family more pain.” The Harringtons told Griffith they were in favor of the proposal because they believed it would call attention to the shortcomings of the laws and procedures that structure search efforts for kidnap victims who are older than 18.

“If I’ve given any peace or solace [to the Harringtons], then I’m humbled to have served them,” Griffith said.

Jeff Ryer, press secretary for the majority leader, said in addition to bringing a small semblance of closure to the community and her family, the resolution was designed to honor Morgan Harrington and acknowledge the tragedy of her death.

After the resolution was passed, Dan Harrington said in an e-mail that the family was “most appreciative of Delegate Griffith’s public acknowledgment honoring our daughter’s life. It is through such gracious gestures that Morgan’s life continues to have meaning.”

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1592 on: March 18, 2010, 06:57:52 AM »

God help these good people.  I have changed my mind and will wear this bracelet until the killer is brought to justice, not just found,

2 4 1 Sweet Morgan

an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1593 on: March 18, 2010, 07:09:50 AM »

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/news/local/crime/article/family_morgan_harrington_bones_were_shattered/53752/
<snipped>
Gil Harrington said she believes the person who killed her daughter caused the damage to her bones.
“I cannot get the image of Morgan’s shattered bones out of my mind,” Harrington said.

This is too much. 

~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1594 on: March 18, 2010, 08:04:02 AM »

<snipped>
Gil Harrington said she believes the person who killed her daughter caused the damage to her bones.
“I cannot get the image of Morgan’s shattered bones out of my mind,” Harrington said.

This is too much. 

it is too much!!! did the Harrington's actually view their daughters body after it was found? I didn't think that that would have been allowed.....of course they won't be able to get that out of their minds...how horrible to think about how your child died in such a manner...the creep who murdered her is a maniac! he must be a strong mean person to break someone's bones like that!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1595 on: March 18, 2010, 10:06:02 AM »

<snipped>

This is too much. 
  ::MonkeyAngel::It would be impossible to get an image like that out of your mind, impossible. I pray everyday that her killer or killers get caught. My heart goes out to the family.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1596 on: March 19, 2010, 06:31:42 AM »

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/2010/03/19/parents-say-murderer-broke-shattered-harrington%E2%80%99s-bones/
Parents say murderer broke, shattered Harrington’s bones
Police have not confirmed condition of Harrington’s remains, murderer’s gender
March 19,2010

Placards on Copeley Bridge commemorate and also call for Morgan Harrington’s murderer to face justice. Photo by Albin Oh.
Dan and Gil Harrington, parents of deceased Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, said yesterday that they believe their daughter’s bones were shattered and broken by her killer, who they are confident is a male still in the local Charlottesville area.

The Harringtons gave a press conference in front of John Paul Jones Arena — the location of the Oct. 17 Metallica concert that Morgan attended — regarding the matter.

“The man who did this — and I am confident that it is a man — is being protected by his environment, by people in his environment, and that needs to stop,” Gil Harrington said.

Virginia State Police officials, however, are not yet commenting about the condition of the remains, nor have they confirmed the assertion that the killer was a man, State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller said.

“No particular person of interest or suspect [has been] identified to date,” she said.

Gil Harrington warned the Charlottesville community, though, that the murderer is a threat as long as he is at large.

“Evil is still afoot in this town,” she said. “There is a monster in Charlottesville, Va. who likes to hurt young girls.”

Dan Harrington also distributed a Virginia map highlighting other disappearances and deaths in the state since last August, which may suggest possible connections between Morgan’s death and other homicide cases.

Still, though, investigators have no evidence linking Morgan’s deaths to any other recent deaths in the area, Geller said.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1597 on: March 19, 2010, 06:33:29 AM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog
Gil Harrington’s thoughts from March 19th, 2010
On March - 19 - 2010ADD COMMENTS

I am leaving in 2 weeks on my medical mission to Africa and I find that I am reluctant to leave for the first time. I am reluctant to leave because there is still evil afoot in this town, and I think foolishly that if I am here in some way I can stop HIM and he must be stopped. There is a man/monster in Charlottesville Virginia who likes to hunt and kill young girls like prey, makes sport out of killing.

Most hunters have the integrity to kill in a humane and quick fashion. This man doesn’t work like that. He enjoys the hunting part of a kill and chooses to kill in a savage and brutal way. This Charlottesville man hurt Morgan Harrington enough to break her bones before he murdered her. I cannot get the image of Morgan’s shattered bones out of my mind, nor the jagged feel of the fractures from my fingers – a violent, sadistic, and dangerous man.

As a mother, I beg the young women in this town to be prudent, look after each other. I ask the community to be a community, be involved and be vigilant and find this monster in your midst and protect your young. He must be found. This is not his first crime and he has upped his game in a significant and disturbing way.

2 4 1

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1598 on: March 20, 2010, 07:04:47 AM »

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/88609627.html
Updated: 3:19 PM Mar 19, 2010
Waiting on Forensic Results in Morgan Harrington's Murder
Charlottesville, Va.
Forensic experts in Charlottesville say the Morgan Harrington homicide case is taking longer than normal.
Posted: 3:19 PM Mar 19, 2010
Despite what you see on television, forensics is not a fast process.

Forensic experts in Charlottesville say the Morgan Harrington homicide case is taking longer than normal because of the condition of the DNA collected from her body.

Because the collected DNA samples had been exposed to the elements, getting results takes longer.

Pete Marone, with the Department of Forensic Science in Charlottesville, also says murder investigations often take a while.

Harrington disappeared in October while attending a Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena.

Her body was found in a field at an Albemarle County farm in January.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1599 on: March 21, 2010, 06:28:11 AM »

http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20100320/ARTICLES/100319574
Homicide victims, families honored at Riverfront Park
By Ana Ribeiro
Ana.Ribeiro@StarNewsOnline.com
Published: Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 3:30 a.m.
Last Modified: Friday, March 19, 2010 at 7:55 p.m.
( page of 4 )
To the mournful, love-filled words of Leonard Cohen's “Hallelujah” and candles lighting up the night, a large gathering at Riverfront Park honored homicide victims who were once missing persons.
“The love that has been shown towards my sister has been amazing,” Larry Rogers said at the candelight vigil in Wilmington, which the CUE Center for Missing Persons held Saturday. His sister, Wilmington resident Priscilla Ann Rogers, was honored at the event along with Virginia Tech student Morgan Dana Harrington and Travis Lee Baker of Taylorsville.
The families of all three victims, whose bodies were found within the past year, spoke at the vigil both of the tragedy of losing a loved one so brutally and of the love and support they found from others in the process. They all thanked Monica Caison, the CUE Center founder, for the dedication she showed in their cases.
The CUE Center, which opened in Wilmington in 1994 and has been taking cases nationwide since 1998, provides search and rescue resources, advocacy and emotional support in missing person cases. It has held its annual candlelight vigil for 16 years, as a way to show people the impact these cases have on victims' families and draw attention to specific cases and the cause in general, Caison said.
<snipped>

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.