March 19, 2024, 01:29:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748545 times)
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2009, 01:13:36 PM »

KC-

Thanks for posting that pic of the RV area, I just wanted to point out to everyone that there is a gate in the foreground. It closes after the events, so it is unlikely anyone could have come back later to dump her purse/wallet/phone to be found in the am.

You are very welcome

Here's a map I made showing Morgans reported whereabouts.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #161 on: November 03, 2009, 01:41:30 PM »

KC, thanks for that, this really helps get a feel of all Morgan's whereabouts.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2009, 02:11:46 PM »

Yes,it does.Thanks KCJackie.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2009, 02:53:27 PM »

Yes,it does.Thanks KCJackie.   an angelic monkey

You monkeys are more than welcome. 
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2009, 02:55:42 PM »

Does anyone know for sure ~ whether her car was at the arena or not?   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #165 on: November 03, 2009, 03:04:48 PM »

That point has to be the most confused thing I have seen in awhile  I've been reading around during forums, and I honestly can't say,  her car was, no her car wasn't, someone else had the keys, I'm still not quite sure how many were in the car, four or five, and someone's boyfriend..... 
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #166 on: November 03, 2009, 03:32:58 PM »

Nice Job KC.

You cant tell from looking at it, but the location #5, is accessible directly to the road. In other words, you could pull straight out in an area or 2 if you were parked in a position to do so prior to closing the gate. Where her purse was found could have just as easily been thrown from a passing vehicle.

No rose, I saw that woman's comments, I believe them to be credible, but would still have been open when Morgan was seeking re-entry.

I was also thinking on the subject of her account being overdrawn. I have seen speculation that was the reason she did not just buy another ticket. The re-admittance policy is strict. Once your out you are out, you could buy 50 more tickets. If you were spotted, you were not getting back in. In some cases there is a UV stamp they put on your hand.

I think Dr. Harrington released the overdrawn account info because he was concerned this may have been a robbery or kidnapping for ransome attempt at first. I dont believe they would have let their daughter drive 2.5 hours, go to a venue like that without access to emergency funds, jmho.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #167 on: November 03, 2009, 03:35:28 PM »

That point has to be the most confused thing I have seen in awhile  I've been reading around during forums, and I honestly can't say,  her car was, no her car wasn't, someone else had the keys, I'm still not quite sure how many were in the car, four or five, and someone's boyfriend..... 

The car WAS AT THE ARENA. I think there was an attempt to withold that information by police, which was not made known to Dr. Harrington, or the friends fibbed to him and told LE the truth, because it is my understanding her car was not supposed to make the "entire" trip.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: November 03, 2009, 04:05:42 PM »

The car WAS AT THE ARENA. I think there was an attempt to withold that information by police, which was not made known to Dr. Harrington, or the friends fibbed to him and told LE the truth, because it is my understanding her car was not supposed to make the "entire" trip.
Thanks, so if her car was at the arena, you would think that Morgan would have called/texted the person who had the keys to come to the door and give her the keys 
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #169 on: November 03, 2009, 05:06:56 PM »

Thanks, so if her car was at the arena, you would think that Morgan would have called/texted the person who had the keys to come to the door and give her the keys 

If she was in a position to, yes, I agree
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #170 on: November 03, 2009, 05:57:39 PM »

Someone who had been at the shows at the arena said that the cell reception inside was awful. Someone said they saw her outside fumbling with her cell phone and being upset. Maybe she got stood up ?
The car thing, two different stories. Odd. There is more than what meets the eye about what was going on that night. The parents are hi achievers with hi expectations and I bet Morgan kept alot of things, just normal girl / boy hings from them.
Someone else did the same thing, left the arena ( a different show ). She never noticed the sign about re entry and was driven by a VA cop to a meeting place.   

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #171 on: November 03, 2009, 07:12:19 PM »

The Virginian-Pilot(Norfolk, VA.)

November 3, 2009 Tuesday

fund set up to help with search for student

The parents of a Virginia Tech student missing for more than two weeks have set up a fund for contributions to help in their search for her .

A spokeswoman said Monday that Dan and Gil Harrington are using the donations to print and distribute fliers and other material with a photo and description of 20-year-old Morgan Dana Harrington.

The Harringtons distributed 50,000 fliers at Virginia Tech's home football game last week.

Morgan Harrington has been missing since Oct. 17, when she became separated from her friends at a Metallica concert in Charlottesville.

Virginia State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said Monday that police are still getting leads in the case, but they have slowed down.

Lamar Advertising has posted photos of Harrington on about a dozen billboards in Roanoke, Richmond and Fredericksburg.

Roanoke sales manager Ben Anderson said the company works with State Police to post photos of missing persons.

The Harringtons said in a statement that any unused contributions to the fund will be given to charities that aid families of missing persons and those with which their daughter has been involved.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1067600744&start=4

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #172 on: November 03, 2009, 07:28:02 PM »

So, the show wasn't sold out. Morgan is outside. Her friends are inside. Why didn't anyone just get her another ticket ? Surely someone had a credit card.
Metallica hadn't started, why didn't friends leave their seats to try to do something like that ?
So, her Dad thought they were going in the other girls car the last leg of the way and they didn't ? The other friend had the keys to her car ?
Did Morgan try to get in through alternative means as suggested by her friends?
Like something is stinking with this story.
Her friend has the keys to her car, she is outside with no tickie, an overdrawn checking account and none of them got up off their seat to try to rectify this before Metallica took the stage ? 
Oh, and she takes the battery out of her cell phone frequently and took it out
in that situation when she is all alone out there in the cold so she could lose contact and not be traced ?
Who is the guy she was texting who doesn't live there and who is not a suspect ?
I don't think she did a runner, but I think she was going to do something that she didn't want her parents to know about, like GASP stay out all night with a guy. Some plan fell thru, she was in a state of mind after having an argument with the guy she was texting and either he came to get her and something awful happened or something awful happened because of bad judgement or not paying attention to her surroundings / people because of her state of mind.

WHY DIDN"T SHE JUST CALL HER PARENTS ? I would have never called mine for stupidness, but in this case, I would have. My dad would have sped all the way there to get me. I wouldn't have wandered around in spike heeled boots with no jacket wearing a mini skirt in the cold. He would have yelled at me for a minute, but it would have been ok, he was my DAD. lol And he knew what his job was. Fish me out of what I did.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2009, 07:58:24 PM »

Kat, I agree, this isn't making sense. And boy I'm glad those friends aren't my friends 
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #174 on: November 03, 2009, 09:29:22 PM »

Someone who had been at the shows at the arena said that the cell reception inside was awful. Someone said they saw her outside fumbling with her cell phone and being upset. Maybe she got stood up ?
The car thing, two different stories. Odd. There is more than what meets the eye about what was going on that night. The parents are hi achievers with hi expectations and I bet Morgan kept alot of things, just normal girl / boy hings from them.
Someone else did the same thing, left the arena ( a different show ). She never noticed the sign about re entry and was driven by a VA cop to a meeting place.   

Now if that other person is telling the truth, then it makes perfect sense that Morgan would have gotten into a security or unmarked car..thinking help has arrived for her. Her family has said she had attened other events at that arena.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #175 on: November 03, 2009, 10:01:15 PM »

I still believe she was meeting up with another person there that also enjoyed Metallica (or lead her to think that he did) and  was either security or LE related.  That's the only way I believe she would have left the arena..thinking they would have no trouble getting back in to see the show.  Her family is well off, but she has worked with under privileged children and those at risk.  Her Dad is is a psychiatrist, her Mom a nurse..they were not naive nor do I think she was naive. I believe they were a loving caring family that served and reached out to others in need.  I think that whomever this is was very aware of that and presented as another caring individual.

I think someone with LE or security credentials totally blindsided her.  I believe she was stalked and picked long before this..the concert just presented the perfect opportunity to separate her from her friends.  This person will have done this before and will do it again.   He is not at the top of his game..if LE he is lower level..maybe someone regulated to a desk job or cataloging and warehousing cases. If not LE it is because he didn't make the cut..in both instances he is not someone that ever made the cut to detective or such....and maybe that is part of his cover.  HE has knowledge and access but looks like the wannbe..not adequate..the loser.  And so he acts out his fantasises..because no one suspects the loser.

He needs to be stopped.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #176 on: November 03, 2009, 10:05:12 PM »

I have been wafffling around as to what I think. Without knowing some background of what was going on that night, just starting from that morning, I can't make up my mind. I did read a lot of comments and one person said that a girl like that ( young and good looking ) might have gone to one of the service entrances in the back trying to get in via a roadie or worker. ( I would have back in the day ), I guess that is possible. And that she didn't make it out of the building. Yet they confirmed it was her walking, but where could she have been going ?
LE would not comment on her state of mind, so I suspect there might have been some recreational drug use suspected.
Like I said, I don't think she did a runner, but just something stupid happened to her. Any band like Metallica does attract some unsavory persons and these things always seem to have unsavory types working for them at the venue and on the road with them.
This girl had alot going for her. She reminds me of Natalee Holloway. Her parents must be going mental. Her Mum looked haggard and shell shocked.       
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #177 on: November 03, 2009, 10:17:32 PM »

I hope they find this girl. For some reason, it is bothering me alot more than some of the recent cases.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2009, 09:52:49 AM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/11/03/morgan-harrington-case-are-police-closing-in/

Morgan Harrington Case: Are Police Closing In?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: November 04, 2009, 10:23:07 AM »

Thanks Klaas.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.