March 18, 2024, 09:07:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748486 times)
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1760 on: April 30, 2010, 06:09:09 PM »

Every day I come here to see if there has been a break yet.  I hope it is coming soon.  I am so tired of such good, bright young women being taken like this. 

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1761 on: April 30, 2010, 08:54:16 PM »

http://findmorgan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3367
Gil Harrington’s Thoughts from April 30th, 2010
  On April - 30 - 20101 COMMENT

A few days after arriving in Zambia, the OMNI team held a clinic at Kasango, a community half an hour from Ndola. Wound care is my station, but I wasn’t particularly busy, so I was asked to accompany a little 10-month baby girlnamed, Gift Pasella, to the hospital. Our pediatrician had examined Gift and found her significantly dehydrated and febrile and wanted the child admitted for IV hydration and malaria treatment. We gave a dose of Panadol for fever and I got on the bus with Gift and family.

Ten minutes into the ride the baby grew more lethargic, stopped whimpering and her breathing got erratic. Our driver is tearing over the unpaved road as fast as he can. I’m urging him to go faster as I watch terror spread over the Mama’s face and watch the baby’s tiny fingers turn dusky then white as pearls. She stopped breathing altogether several times. I was unwrapping her from the Mother’s sling and pouring water over her to cool her down. Praying “Please, please not this little one too. Oh god why?”

We did get to the hospital. The baby died shortly thereafter.

I am still working on how to process this. It does give me some perspective though. I have felt cheated to have had Morgan for only 20 years. I doubt that her Mama was even 20 and she only had her child for 10 months. A dramatic reminder that life of whatever duration should be celebrated exactly as this baby was named, a gift.

2 4 1

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1762 on: April 30, 2010, 08:59:45 PM »

Justice for Morgan   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1763 on: April 30, 2010, 09:02:40 PM »

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/92540884.html

Back to HomePage
Save Email Print
Updated: 6:15 PM Apr 30, 2010
UVa Honors Students Who Passed Away
The University of Virginia remembered students who passed away during the school year at a ceremony on grounds. Six students were remembered, and Morgan Harrington was honored with a moment of silence.
Posted: 5:47 PM Apr 30, 2010
Reporter: Mark Tenia
Email Address: mark.tenia@newsplex.com

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1764 on: April 30, 2010, 09:08:28 PM »

Every day I come here to see if there has been a break yet.  I hope it is coming soon.  I am so tired of such good, bright young women being taken like this. 

I know what you mean Akmom.
During restless nights here,I will check in too,hoping to find a break.
I feel horrible for the family.No one should be subjected to the pain this family is living.
Prayers for their continued strength.   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1765 on: May 01, 2010, 09:41:05 AM »

Paying for Justice for Morgan.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1766 on: May 03, 2010, 11:52:03 AM »

http://findmorgan.com/family-blog/gil-harringtons-thoughts-from-may-3rd-2010
Gil Harrington’s Thoughts from May 3rd, 2010
 On May - 3 - 2010

Returning from the other side of the world is always difficult. You are tired and jet lagged and regardless try to jump right back into a full schedule. I was prepared for that challenge. What I was not prepared for was being back at square one with my grief for Morgan. It was like her murder had just happened, the rawness and the pain shocking in intensity.

Before I left for Zambia I had managed to find a place of some peace and equilibrium, fragile though it was. Suddenly, I was overwhelmed, bombarded by the obscenity of our loss anew. How could someone have brutally murdered our shiny wonderful girl?  How could this have happened to her? To us?

I felt besieged, attacked. Even small things grated. Photos of Morgan that I had previously found refuge in, her sweet face all around our house, now a reproach not comfort. “Why me? You didn’t keep me safe. He walks free and I am only dust in your hands.” The unfairness and the waste of her great promise just infuriating.

I guess I need some time. Time to make all the bargains and adjustments necessary to cushion this mortal blow to our family- again. Time to relinquish all the dreams and plans, the assumptions about a future- again.

I am tired. It is tempting to give up, but I am not so flat busted that I can allow his evil to go unchecked. Will dig deep. I can find tomorrow at least, sure of that much.

241, My little Mogo.

~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1767 on: May 03, 2010, 02:08:07 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/05/03/former-duke-lacrosse-accused-teammate-arrested-for-murder-of-uva-woman/

Former Duke LaCrosse Accused Teammate Arrested For Murder of UVA Woman
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1768 on: May 03, 2010, 04:03:40 PM »

Thank you Klaas.   

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1769 on: May 03, 2010, 04:04:21 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/05/03/former-duke-lacrosse-accused-teammate-arrested-for-murder-of-uva-woman/

Thank-you 
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1770 on: May 03, 2010, 04:52:54 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

Thank you Klaas.  Very interesting that her apartment was near where Morgan's shirt was found:

"The apartment they shared at 14th NW is one block from where the Pantera shirt, confirmed to be that of murder victim Morgan Harrington, was found in November 2009."

(snipped from link above)

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1771 on: May 03, 2010, 04:56:22 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

Thank you Klaas.  Very interesting that her apartment was near where Morgan's shirt was found:

"The apartment they shared at 14th NW is one block from where the Pantera shirt, confirmed to be that of murder victim Morgan Harrington, was found in November 2009."

That is real interesting 
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1772 on: May 03, 2010, 05:09:30 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

That is real interesting 

From this article, Huguely didn't live in the same apartment complex as his girlfriend, but lived nearby:

Longo said Love's roommate called police around 2:15 a.m. concerned that Love may have had an alcohol overdose, but police found her dead with obvious physical injuries.

"It was quickly apparent to them that this young lady was the victim of something far worse," Longo said.

Longo said Huguely quickly became the focus. He wouldn't say what lead investigators to Huguely or detail the extent of Love's injuries. He said there did not appear to be any weapons.

Love and Huguely were in a relationship at some point, Longo said. Huguely lived nearby, but not in the same apartment complex, he said.

Huguely was being held in the Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail.

Huguely and Love were scheduled to graduate later this month. Leonard Sandridge, executive vice president of the university, said the campus was shocked and saddened over Love's death.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126482897

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1773 on: May 03, 2010, 05:23:17 PM »

According to this, Huguely was an Anthropology major.

http://www.virginiasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17800&ATCLID=1133555

George Huguely
# 11
M - M
Height:    6-2     Weight:    209
Senior
High School/Previous College
   Landon
Previous Experience

Hometown
   Chevy Chase, Md.

• Anthropology major

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1774 on: May 03, 2010, 05:28:52 PM »

According to this, Huguely was an Anthropology major.

http://www.virginiasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17800&ATCLID=1133555

George Huguely
# 11
M - M
Height:    6-2     Weight:    209
Senior
High School/Previous College
   Landon
Previous Experience

Hometown
   Chevy Chase, Md.

• Anthropology major
Thank-you cece 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1775 on: May 03, 2010, 09:31:41 PM »

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/2010/04/27/rock-and-a-hard-place/ 

Rock and a hard place
Tragedies involving students present delicate communication challenges for the University

Lead Editorial / Opinion
April 27, 2010 6

During the past seven months, the University community was struck with several tragedies involving the deaths of college students in the Charlottesville area. Graduate Arts & Sciences student Matthew Steven King was killed April 19 in a cycling accident off Grounds. Earlier this month, fourth-year College student Joseph Luke Arwood passed away at the University Medical Center after being found unconscious one morning at the Sigma Phi Society fraternity house. And Oct. 17 of last year, Virginia Tech student Morgan Dana Harrington went missing after attending a Metallica concert at John Paul Jones Arena. In January, Harrington’s remains were discovered on a remote farm southeast of Charlottesville.

Although the circumstances surrounding the deaths of Harrington and Arwood are quite dissimilar, some members of the local community have expressed frustration at the relatively slow trickle of information that has become available about both cases. At least a few people have accused the University of withholding information.

University spokesperson Carol Wood explained that administrators generally follow a specific course of action when responding to any kind of death or serious incident involving the University. “We always start off with a narrower focus, offering assistance to the victim’s family and close friends,” Wood said. “Once we have provided as much support as possible for the individuals most affected, we shift our focus to addressing the greater community.”

Of course, in both the Harrington and Arwood cases, relatively little new information has been provided by University officials — most news disseminated by the University offers updates provided by the Virginia State Police. There are a few compelling reasons for this kind of approach. “With respect to Ms. Harrington, that remains an open police investigation and we would do nothing that might compromise or hinder that investigation,” Dean of Students Allen Groves said in an e-mail. He also pointed out that regarding Arwood, no cause of death has been officially released. “Once one is determined, it would be shared with the family and not the University, making further comment from us unlikely.”

The cause and manner of an individual’s death, however, is publicly available information. The cause of Arwood’s death has yet to be determined by state medical examiners, but once the news is released, a response from the University may be warranted. “Depending on the complexity of the case, [the necessary] testing could take up to six months or longer to complete but on average, for the majority of the cases, it usually takes anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks,” according to an e-mail from Steve Murman, central district administrator for the Virginia Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.

Although University officials are correct to prioritize privacy for the families of students involved in tragic events, certain cases call for more open communication. Regardless of the circumstances, when a student is found unconscious in a fraternity house and later passes away, that is a tragedy of great significance to the larger University community. To ignore this opportunity for education, particularly if it could prevent similar deaths in the future, would be a disservice to the deceased.

More generally speaking, Groves pointed out that University-wide responses to student deaths are only made under certain circumstances. Family members and students directly affected by the tragedy are contacted first, and from there, the University is likely “to otherwise comment publicly and more broadly only where there may be a specifically identified safety concern that is applicable to the wider student body and faculty/staff community,” Groves said. Patricia Lampkin, vice president and chief student affairs officer, reiterated this point, saying she only sends an e-mail to students if there exists an imminent threat to safety or if there is an event in which police are involved and need to communicate with the student body.

Naturally, there often are convincing reasons to keep certain information private. Nevertheless, even if responding to specific rumors about a case is unwise, University administrators must acknowledge that the more transparent they are with the decision-making processes involved, the more their actions will be perceived as credible.

There also are certain symbolic steps that can help the University demonstrate its dedication to openness and accountability. For example, in a Jan. 27 University press release about the discovery of Harrington’s remains in Albemarle County, Virginia Tech President Charles Steger is quoted from an open letter he wrote following confirmation of Harrington’s death. Although Leonard Sandridge, the University’s vice president and chief operating officer, offered his condolences, President John T. Casteen, III’s name does not appear in the news release.

In January, Casteen sent a University-wide e-mail about the death of Batten School student Stephanie Jean-Charles following the devastating earthquake in Haiti; late last week, the president issued an open letter to students about an incident of racial intolerance on the Corner. Both are examples of how well-timed, straightforward responses from Casteen can clarify the University’s position on certain issues and help assuage student concerns. But he appears not to have addressed the University community as a whole about the Harrington incident, through e-mail or other means. Given that the disappearance garnered national attention and elevated concerns about safety in the Charlottesville area, the silence from Carr’s Hill has been regrettable.

(Edit to fix article posted-MB)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 11:22:05 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1776 on: May 03, 2010, 10:01:03 PM »

I really messed that post up.
Interesting comments on the article.  http://www.cavalierdaily.com/2010/04/27/rock-and-a-hard-place/

I quit before I mess up anything else. 

~ Peter Frampton
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1777 on: May 04, 2010, 03:17:15 PM »

Another shining light extinguished..

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1778 on: May 04, 2010, 03:43:27 PM »

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2010/05/04/huguely-admissions-murder-suspect-allegedly-says-he-kicked-through-door-shook-love/

Huguely admissions: Murder suspect allegedly says he kicked through door, shook Love

“The door to Love’s bedroom had been forced open and had a hole in it that appeared to have been made by a fist.” “Hairs were visible in the hole.”

The chilling words appear in the affidavit for a warrant to search the apartment of University of Virginia men’s lacrosse player George Wesley Huguely V, the scion of the prominent Washington-area family who now stands accused of killing his former girlfriend, Yeardley Love, a noted UVA lacrosse player in her own right.

According to the affadavit, obtained from a Charlottesville court file, Love’s roommates discovered her early May 3 face down on her pillow in her bedroom at 222 14th Street. The affidavit notes that officers found the about-to-graduate young woman with chin scrapes, a large facial bruise, and an eye swollen shut— as she lay in a pool of blood on the pillow. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

The resulting search warrant gave police officers the right to search Huguely’s apartment, a multi-unit brick structure next door at 230 14th Street. Later, when Charlottesville Police detective Lisa Reeves spoke to Huguely, he allegedly admitted that he was involved in “an altercation” with his former girlfriend Love, and he proceeded to drop the following bombshells:

– that he “shook Love and her head repeatedly hit the wall.”
– that he “kicked his right foot through the door that leads to Love’s bedroom.”
– that he “communicated with Love by email” and then “took Love’s computer from the residence and disposed of it.”

According to the affidavit, all these admissions came after Huguely waived his Miranda rights, the standard warning that anything he says can and will be used against him in a court of law. A phone call to Huguely’s lawyer, already on record as portraying the situation as a tragic accident, was not immediately returned.

Link to map that shows:
 -Camden Court
 -Hugueley's Apartment
 -Morgan's T shirt found
 -Kappa Alpha Theta
 - UVA Lawn
 -Site of 2003 stabbing

http://www.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=100299995014726802072.000485c527d4dcd692e2c&ll=38.03834,-78.497229&spn=0.00703,0.018475&z=16

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1779 on: May 04, 2010, 04:39:07 PM »

Cece,it surely was no accident.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.