March 19, 2024, 01:17:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748542 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1800 on: May 07, 2010, 09:01:54 AM »

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2010/05/06/grief-renewed-gil-harrington-returns-to-charlottesville-amid-new-homicide/
  Grief renewed: Gil Harrington returns to Charlottesville amid new homicide
by Courteney Stuart

published 4:04pm Thursday May 6, 2010
Gil Harrington brought her murdered daughter Morgan’s ashes to Africa and brought an African stone back to Charlottesville, she told a group of reporters gathered on the Copeley Road Bridge on Wednesday afternoon, May 5, before she placed the stone among the memorabilia that covers the northeast corner of the Copeley Road bridge to commemorate the life of the 20-year-old killed after disappearing from a Metallica concert in October.

“We’re trying to make something positive of this loss,” says Gil, who described the three-room wing in Morgan’s memory that will be added to a school in Zambia and talked about how Morgan had dreamed of traveling with her mother to the impoverished country.

While construction won’t likely begin until November, Harrington says, on her recent 11-day humanitarian trip to the country with the nonprofit Orphan Medical Network International (OMNI), she mixed Morgan’s ashes into the school building’s foundation so that her daughter may, even in death, become a part of the growth and education of African children, as she’d dreamed of doing while she was alive.

Speaking to eight media members— a group smaller than at her previous visits, perhaps, because of the intense focus on this week’s UVA lacrosse killing— Harrington expressed her sympathy for the family of Yeardley Love, allegedly slain May 3 by fellow student and men’s lacrosse teammate George Huguely, whose lawyer maintains his innocence.

“We are devastated,” said Gil Harrington, her eyes welling and urging Charlottesvillians to consider why violent crimes like those committed against Morgan and Yeardley are happening and what can be done to stop them.

“The powers that be,” she says, “need to look at what’s happening and not continue a policy of complacency.”

Harrington says she and husband Dan remain convinced Morgan’s killer lives in the Charlottesville community and says healing will be difficult to begin until there’s an arrest in Morgan’s case. On that front, she says, a recent meeting with investigators offered some hope.

“They’re cautiously optimistic,” she says, “of where the case is going.”

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1801 on: May 07, 2010, 09:43:21 AM »

Would like to know if George was at that concert ?
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1802 on: May 07, 2010, 12:49:19 PM »

Would like to know if George was at that concert ?
It wouldn't be too bad to know where he was that night in general?

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1803 on: May 07, 2010, 01:44:43 PM »

I like Fresh Warm Donuts too.
They have so many unsolved murders in this area.
There is something in this case, LE appears to be controlled by some force that either will not allow them or they do not want to investigate.
It almost appears that LE intends to drag this out until the case dies away.

I do not even want to write down my list of leads anymore.

Best thing anyone can do is read about moms trips to another nation.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1804 on: May 07, 2010, 04:42:57 PM »

New Blink post - not about Morgan but about the murder of Yeardley Love

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/05/07/beauty-and-the-beast-the-predictable-murder-of-yeardley-love-by-george-huguely/
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1805 on: May 07, 2010, 05:10:12 PM »

Thanks Klaas. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1806 on: May 07, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »

I like Fresh Warm Donuts too.
They have so many unsolved murders in this area.
There is something in this case, LE appears to be controlled by some force that either will not allow them or they do not want to investigate.
It almost appears that LE intends to drag this out until the case dies away.

I do not even want to write down my list of leads anymore.

Best thing anyone can do is read about moms trips to another nation.
Edward, even though I haven't commented on everything you have said over the last few years. I have read almost everything. I definitely agree with the logic and direction you and those on this page, have followed with regards to the different threads of those missing. Were all here to see them come back to their families and have a little justice along the way.
Well that being said I'll just go back over to the Sports section and hide out.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1807 on: May 08, 2010, 10:16:18 AM »

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/92907749.html
Updated: 11:38 AM May 6, 2010
Gil Harrington Visits C'ville, Offers Support For Love's Family
Yeardley Love's murder is reminding Charlottesville of another high-profile killing linked to the University of Virginia, the murder of Morgan Harrington. Police confirm Harrington's purse was found by a lacrosse player, however Gil Harrington doesn't think the deaths are connected.
Posted: 5:55 PM May 5, 2010
Reporter: Bianca Spinosa
Email Address: bianca.spinosa@newsplex.com
May 5, 2010

Yeardley Love's murder is reminding Charlottesville of another high-profile killing linked to the University of Virginia, the murder of Virginia Tech student, twenty-year-old Morgan Harrington.

Gil Harrington says she doesn't think the killings are connected, but she says violence doesn't happen in a vacuum. CBS19 spoke with Virginia State Police who say there is no connection between the Harrington and Love investigations. However, Morgan Harrington's purse was found in the Lannigan Field parking lot by a lacrosse player, VSP confirms, though they could not say who found it.

Gil Harrington returned to her daughter Morgan Harrington's memorial on Copeley Road bridge. It's just across the street from the lacrosse field and University of Virginia grounds, where the entire community has been shaken by the killing of another college student, Yeardley Love.

"Another one gone. It's heartbreaking," says Harrington.

From one mother to another, Harrington reaches out to Love's family.

"When you have experienced such tremendous loss as we have with Morgan's murder it makes you more permeable in a way to other people's loss and pain. We are just devastated for the family of this young woman," says Gil Harrington.

While Charlottesville Police have a suspect in custody in Yeardley Love's killing, there are no suspects in Harrington's. For months, the investigation has dragged on. Harrington's Pantera T-Shirt was discovered just blocks away from George Huguely's apartment. Police say the cases aren't related.

"I don't feel that there is a connection in the case per se," Harrington says.

Harrington is concerned there is a culture of violence brewing.
"Let's work on it. Let's stop treating this as isolated incidents. We need to connect the dots and try and change the culture that these things happen in," says Harrington.

The Harringtons are still in the process of healing. They built a school in Zambia in Harrington's honor, and put rocks from Africa on Morgan's memorial. Gil Harrington says she scattered some of Morgan's ashes on the foundation of the school.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1808 on: May 09, 2010, 09:26:46 AM »

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2010/052010/05092010/544435
FAMILIES SEEK ACTION ON UNSOLVED SLAYINGS

Unsolved slayings across Virginia leave families waiting, wondering. They want law enforcement to get together on the cases
  Date published: 5/9/2010

By PAMELA GOULD

When the remains of 20-year-old Morgan Harrington were discovered three months after she disappeared from a concert in Charlottesville, Sadie Showalter experienced an emotional flashback.

"It just sort of hit me, when the body was found and it was not far from [U.S.] 29," she said. "You think of what the family is going through."

Sadie Showalter knows the anguish of a beloved daughter's disappearance.

She knows the agony of waiting as hours grow into days, days into weeks and weeks into months before a family's worst fears are realized.

She knows because she lived it.

Fourteen years ago.

Alicia Showalter Reynolds, 25, disappeared March 2, 1996, while traveling along U.S. 29 in Culpeper County. She was headed from Baltimore to Charlottesville to meet her mother, but she never arrived.

Two months later, Reynolds' remains were found about 15 miles away, dumped at a logging site in eastern Culpeper and left to the elements, just as Harrington's had been.

Years later, Showalter's fortitude continues to be tested as she waits for answers as to who killed her daughter and why.

Earlier this year, she had a fleeting glimmer of hope when she learned of developments in a series of unsolved slayings in the Tidewater area known as the Colonial Parkway murders.

The FBI in Norfolk recently assigned a full-time investigator to two of those cases, resubmitted its evidence for updated forensic analysis, and is utilizing a variety of federal tools to take a fresh look at the cases, which date to the 1980s.

That effort was prompted by the outcries of the Colonial Parkway victims' families after they learned last fall that the FBI let 84 photos from crime scenes and autopsies get out of its hands and into public view.

Two of those families were additionally aggrieved when they learned the FBI had ordered the destruction of some of the evidence in their loved ones' killings.
Those families say their hope now is that recent missteps can be turned into something positive and that renewed interest in those decades-old cases can finally lead to answers.

But from the Showalters and other frustrated families of victims whose cases are being handled by Virginia State Police, a chorus of disenchantment is sounding across the commonwealth.
<snipped>

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1809 on: May 09, 2010, 09:29:11 AM »

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2010/052010/05092010/544435
The FBI is the lead agency in the following two Colonial Parkway cases.

Cathleen Thomas, 27, and Rebecca Dowski, 21, found dead October 12, 1986, in Thomas' car, off the Colonial Parkway near Yorktown.

Richard Keith Call, 20, and Cassandra Lee Hailey, 18, last seen April 10, 1998. Their vehicle was found along the Colonial Parkway a few miles from where Thomas' car was found. Their bodies have not been found.

The Virginia State Police is the lead agency in the following unsolved slaying cases, each of which is being handled by a different investigative division.

David Knobling, 20, and Robin Edwards, 14, Sept. 20, 1987, Chesapeake Division

Annamaria Phelps, 18, and Daniel Lauer, 21, Sept. 4, 1989, Richmond Division

Alicia Showalter Reynolds, 25, March 2, 1996, Culpeper Division

Morgan Harrington, 20, Oct. 17, 2009, Appomattox Division

Relatives of these murder victims from across the state say investigators need to get together on the cases.

~ Peter Frampton
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1810 on: May 11, 2010, 08:15:17 AM »

Snipped from above article:

Could it mean that Huguely is connected to the murder of Morgan Harrington?

Virginia State Police, who maintains jurisdiction in the Harrington case is emphatic it is not.

..”It was a Lacrosse player who discovered the purse. However, there is no evidence to indicate any connection between Morgan or the Love homicide. .. There is no connection between these two homicides, so I am not going to even entertain the additional questions. We are not identifying the individual who found the purse…” Corrine Geller, PR Manager VSP to blinkoncrime.com

Morgan’s purse was located by an unidentified male lacrosse player on the way to boarding the bus to an exhibition match in Annapolis, MD.

We have a player accused of first degree murder that by his own statements has had violent encounters with others he has not remembered.

We have players with land connections to the area of North Garden as well an individual who has personally preformed site survey work on Blandemar and Anchorage Farm.

Have all the Lacrosse players been questioned about the circumstances of finding the posession of a missing and murdered woman who was last seen on the UVA campus?

The cases may be may be unrelated.

The Harrington’s buried their daughter Morgan.

The Love family is burying their daughter Yeardley.

Isn’t it time for a little disclosure as to whether or not these lingering questions have been asked and answered?

I truly can't say at this juncture that there is no connection until these questions are answered to our satisfaction.
B
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1811 on: May 11, 2010, 08:19:58 AM »

Good Morning Blink.   an angelic monkey

We want answers. 

~ Peter Frampton
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1812 on: May 11, 2010, 08:25:33 AM »

This was posted on the Blink site by a contributor, Dr. Harrington posted it on Find Morgan and I feel it is very important.

Warning, it will freeze your shorts a bit.

http://abcnews.go.com/WhatWouldYouDo/video/man-lures-drunken-girl-10589695
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1813 on: May 11, 2010, 08:28:22 AM »

Good Morning Blink.   an angelic monkey

We want answers. 

Trim, this case file is one of the largest we have.  There is so much going on in that area it is mind boggling.

My heart aches for the Harrington's as they continue to plead for justice for Morgan.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1814 on: May 11, 2010, 11:59:07 AM »

This was posted on the Blink site by a contributor, Dr. Harrington posted it on Find Morgan and I feel it is very important.

Warning, it will freeze your shorts a bit.

http://abcnews.go.com/WhatWouldYouDo/video/man-lures-drunken-girl-10589695

I have a preteen granddaughter,and this scares the mess out of me.You have to teach them and talk to them constantly.
The video is like what almost happened to one of my girlfriends.Couple of us went to the restroom,she got separated from the other two in the group and poof she was gone.Security was useless.The bartender was the lifesaver.Luckily he was watching everyone pretty closely.I said never again.We all stay in one group.PERIOD.

~ Peter Frampton
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1815 on: May 11, 2010, 12:50:04 PM »

As I still am not convinced there is not a connection between Morgan's case and Yeardley's in some fashion, I am going to just post here until we can rule it out, if nobody has an objection.

.."There has long been talk that that college lacrosse players, like some professional athletes, have turned to steroids; and, as was first uncovered on crime blog blinkoncrime.com, one of Hugueley’s teammates was arrested five years ago while he was still a high school student, accused of smuggling steroids into America. UVA athletes are subject to occasional, random drug tests, which, according to Athletics Director Craig Littlepage, can cause their suspension from the team for an undefined period of time..."

snipped from below:
http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2010/05/11/dangerous-rage-what-compelled-huguely-to-attack/

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1816 on: May 11, 2010, 01:05:56 PM »

Thanks Blink.   

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1817 on: May 11, 2010, 01:20:40 PM »

Thanks Blink.   
Thanks 
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1818 on: May 11, 2010, 02:00:27 PM »

Virginia State Police, who maintains jurisdiction in the Harrington case is emphatic it is not.

..”It was a Lacrosse player who discovered the purse. However, there is no evidence to indicate any connection between Morgan or the Love homicide. .. There is no connection between these two homicides, so I am not going to even entertain the additional questions. We are not identifying the individual who found the purse…” Corrine Geller, PR Manager VSP to blinkoncrime.com

Morgan’s purse was located by an unidentified male lacrosse player on the way to boarding the bus to an exhibition match in Annapolis, MD.

We have a player accused of first degree murder that by his own statements has had violent encounters with others he has not remembered.

We have players with land connections to the area of North Garden as well an individual who has personally preformed site survey work on Blandemar and Anchorage Farm.

Have all the Lacrosse players been questioned about the circumstances of finding the posession of a missing and murdered woman who was last seen on the UVA campus?

Isn’t it time for a little disclosure as to whether or not these lingering questions have been asked and answered?

I truly can't say at this juncture that there is no connection until these questions are answered to our satisfaction.
B
Blink,
on the way to boarding the bus to an exhibition match in Annapolis, MD Does that mean the lax team was not away when Morgan went missing? That they went away after she went missing?

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1819 on: May 11, 2010, 05:45:09 PM »

B
Blink,
on the way to boarding the bus to an exhibition match in Annapolis, MD Does that mean the lax team was not away when Morgan went missing? That they went away after she went missing?

That is correct. The purse was found by a Mens Lacrosse team member in the am, per the police report. They did not stay overnight in Annapolis.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.