March 18, 2024, 10:26:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748500 times)
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1820 on: May 11, 2010, 06:49:36 PM »

Thanks Blink. I have a feeling the murders of Morgan and Yeardly are connected.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1821 on: May 11, 2010, 07:47:18 PM »

Snipped from above article:

Could it mean that Huguely is connected to the murder of Morgan Harrington?

Virginia State Police, who maintains jurisdiction in the Harrington case is emphatic it is not.

..”It was a Lacrosse player who discovered the purse. However, there is no evidence to indicate any connection between Morgan or the Love homicide. .. There is no connection between these two homicides, so I am not going to even entertain the additional questions. We are not identifying the individual who found the purse…” Corrine Geller, PR Manager VSP to blinkoncrime.com

Morgan’s purse was located by an unidentified male lacrosse player on the way to boarding the bus to an exhibition match in Annapolis, MD.

We have a player accused of first degree murder that by his own statements has had violent encounters with others he has not remembered.

We have players with land connections to the area of North Garden as well an individual who has personally preformed site survey work on Blandemar and Anchorage Farm.

Have all the Lacrosse players been questioned about the circumstances of finding the possession of a missing and murdered woman who was last seen on the UVA campus?

The cases may be may be unrelated.

The Harrington’s buried their daughter Morgan.

The Love family is burying their daughter Yeardley.

Isn’t it time for a little disclosure as to whether or not these lingering questions have been asked and answered?

I truly can't say at this juncture that there is no connection until these questions are answered to our satisfaction.
B
Blink,
on the way to boarding the bus to an exhibition match in Annapolis, MD Does that mean the lax team was not away when Morgan went missing? That they went away after she went missing?

That is correct. The purse was found by a Mens Lacrosse team member in the am, per the police report. They did not stay overnight in Annapolis.
Blink have we confirmed that the purse and shirt were found by Lacrosse team members? If so I wouldn't think the day or time would matter at that point since they should be suspects. Also have any of the team used that farm house to party at in the past? Did I also just read that one of the Lacrosse players did a site survey of the actual farm? But I suppose LE is just hoping for someone random to come in and just confess in a nice little package. At the very least if any of this is true, then real investigation of actual leads needs to be done.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1822 on: May 12, 2010, 02:25:20 AM »

A Virginia lacrosse player suspected of killing a member of the women's team told police he shook her and hit her head repeatedly against a wall, according to a court document obtained by FoxNews.com.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/03/uva-mens-lacrosse-player-accused-killing-female-lacrosse-player/

What if that girl LOVE the lacross player "who is now dead/murdered" knew something about Morgan's ending ?
and she was eliminated.. ??? JMHO

Both highly ranked teams are preparing for the national tournament later this month. Virginia's men's team was ranked No. 1 for most of the season and expects to host a first-round game in the tournament after winning the Atlantic Coast Conference championship last month. The women's team also was expected to get into the tournament.

Just a thought.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1823 on: May 12, 2010, 10:33:04 AM »

Snipped from above article:

Could it mean that Huguely is connected to the murder of Morgan Harrington?

Virginia State Police, who maintains jurisdiction in the Harrington case is emphatic it is not.

..”It was a Lacrosse player who discovered the purse. However, there is no evidence to indicate any connection between Morgan or the Love homicide. .. There is no connection between these two homicides, so I am not going to even entertain the additional questions. We are not identifying the individual who found the purse…” Corrine Geller, PR Manager VSP to blinkoncrime.com

Morgan’s purse was located by an unidentified male lacrosse player on the way to boarding the bus to an exhibition match in Annapolis, MD.

We have a player accused of first degree murder that by his own statements has had violent encounters with others he has not remembered.

We have players with land connections to the area of North Garden as well an individual who has personally preformed site survey work on Blandemar and Anchorage Farm.

Have all the Lacrosse players been questioned about the circumstances of finding the possession of a missing and murdered woman who was last seen on the UVA campus?

The cases may be may be unrelated.

The Harrington’s buried their daughter Morgan.

The Love family is burying their daughter Yeardley.

Isn’t it time for a little disclosure as to whether or not these lingering questions have been asked and answered?

I truly can't say at this juncture that there is no connection until these questions are answered to our satisfaction.
B
Blink,
on the way to boarding the bus to an exhibition match in Annapolis, MD Does that mean the lax team was not away when Morgan went missing? That they went away after she went missing?

That is correct. The purse was found by a Mens Lacrosse team member in the am, per the police report. They did not stay overnight in Annapolis.
Blink have we confirmed that the purse and shirt were found by Lacrosse team members? If so I wouldn't think the day or time would matter at that point since they should be suspects. Also have any of the team used that farm house to party at in the past? Did I also just read that one of the Lacrosse players did a site survey of the actual farm? But I suppose LE is just hoping for someone random to come in and just confess in a nice little package. At the very least if any of this is true, then real investigation of actual leads needs to be done.

Morgan's shirt was found by a UVA student, Blaine Eichner. He is not a Lax Player. Other than proximity, their is no known connection to the finding of her shirt and a lax player I am aware of.

Her purse WAS found by a LAX player as confirmed to me by VSP. They will not release any other details regarding the circumstances as to which it was found or the ID of the player.  As I know they boarded the bus for Annapolis where her purse was found, that in itself may not be nefarious in any way.

However, for the reasons I stated in the piece, I cannot rule out a nexis. How could anyone if we do not know the answers to those questions?
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1824 on: May 12, 2010, 01:18:09 PM »

This was posted on the Blink site by a contributor, Dr. Harrington posted it on Find Morgan and I feel it is very important.

Warning, it will freeze your shorts a bit.

http://abcnews.go.com/WhatWouldYouDo/video/man-lures-drunken-girl-10589695

Blink, this piece is freezing.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1825 on: May 12, 2010, 02:26:01 PM »

This was posted on the Blink site by a contributor, Dr. Harrington posted it on Find Morgan and I feel it is very important.

Sister - I put it in photobucket, see if that works better for you

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1826 on: May 12, 2010, 05:41:21 PM »

Statement from Marta Murphy, George Huguely Mom:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/lacrosse/bs-murphy-huguely-mother-statement,0,1610186.htmlpage
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1827 on: May 12, 2010, 08:30:53 PM »

Kinda sounds like they were boyfriend and girlfriend.

Steroids gone wild ?
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1828 on: May 12, 2010, 09:28:31 PM »

Kinda sounds like they were boyfriend and girlfriend.

Steroids gone wild ?

They were Edward. Apparently, Yeardley broke it off after these violent episodes escalated.

As we know form a statistical perspective, that can also escalate the cycle of an abuser.

I have reviewed the location of Morgan's purse discovery more times than I care to admit to-

I am telling you a lax player finding it, and calling it in is impossible. He had to give it to someone else.

They were on the bus when it was called in, so ....
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1829 on: May 12, 2010, 09:36:50 PM »

Sister - I put it in photobucket, see if that works better for you

Thank you.  Sorry Blink, I meant is was chilling.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1830 on: May 13, 2010, 09:04:12 AM »

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/246514
Charlottesville killing spurs high-level meeting about campus safety
University of Virginia President John Casteen requested the meeting with Gov. McDonnell.
05/12/2010

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1831 on: May 13, 2010, 09:10:56 AM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog
Gil Harrington’s thoughts from May 12th, 2010
  On May - 12 - 20102 COMMENTS

I am disturbed by the reign of indifference and the culture of complacency about violence on campus, particularly at UVA. This most recent murder of a student in Charlottesville is being attributed to a breakdown in communication. That is simply blame shifting. What has occurred, again, is a breakdown in the policy of acceptance and the system of enabling that allows violence and assaults to occur unchecked.

Over the years many students’ lives have been devastated by predatory acts on campus. It’s a new day and our world is experiencing an escalation of violence everywhere- and on campuses now lives are being lost, not just disrupted. The body count is rising. When will that number be significant enough to provoke real, substantive, thoughtful introspection and accountability, not just platitudes that support the status quo?

It is a new day. It is a time for a different response. Ugly, tragic, violent things have happened in your community to precious young lives, on your watch. It is time to do the honorable thing and NOT turn aside.

2 4 1

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1832 on: May 14, 2010, 05:35:24 AM »

Blink, I had posted this in Musings.  What would happen in a club full of young adults at night, instead of people her parents' age?  I think it would be different than in a bar like this in the daytime.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1833 on: May 14, 2010, 08:31:26 AM »

Blink, I had posted this in Musings.  What would happen in a club full of young adults at night, instead of people her parents' age?  I think it would be different than in a bar like this in the daytime.

I think what would happen is what did happen to the young woman who was carried out of the bar and raped, without a soul stopping the man carrying her.

Frightening.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1834 on: May 14, 2010, 01:35:34 PM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog
Gil Harrington’s thoughts from May 14th, 2010
On May - 14 - 2010ADD COMMENTS

The official response to violence on campus is kind of like the response of some authorities to 9/11. They were directing folks back into the buildings – unable to even conceive of a world where such an atrocity could occur. Acts of violence bigger and more lethal than had been seen before. The world has changed.

Another incident changed our assumptions about violence in schools, Columbine. The world has changed.

There has been a cluster phenomena of hideous violence in Virginia at both VT and UVA. The world has changed. You have been placed in a position where you can be prime movers on the forefront of devising an effective response strategy, or you can keep directing your students back into the burning building. Business as usual and squander more lives as well as an opportunity for greatness.

Virginians are reluctant to give up traditions, but the tradition and culture that tolerates violence in your midst must be addressed. The world has changed.

2 4 1

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1835 on: May 14, 2010, 01:39:56 PM »

Justice For Morgan    an angelic monkey

http://findmorgan.com/

~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1836 on: May 14, 2010, 01:58:45 PM »

Gil... You are awakening. I am impressed.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1837 on: May 15, 2010, 06:33:59 AM »

http://www.wset.com/news/stories/0510/736256.html
Tech Holds Commencement Ceremony
05/14/10 10:48 pm   |   reporter: David Tate   posted by: Ashton Smith
 Blacksburg, VA - The bad weather held off long enough for Virginia Tech's graduation ceremony Friday evening... although it was a little late getting started. The one bad thing about putting on outdoor events in May is the risk of running afoul with Mother Nature.... and the ceremony came off without any trouble. In the 139th year of the university, the members of the Class of 2010 made their way into Lane Stadium for the last time as students and the first time as alumni. Governor McDonnell gave the address. Other than the weather... the topic on a lot of people's minds was the Virginia Tech massacre. This class was the freshman class on April 16, 2007 and the legacy of this class is intimately intertwined with that day... which was brought up several times by various speakers; a day not far from many of the graduates' thoughts. Bowen/Class of 2010 - "I think that we left behind a sense of community and we really came together as a school and we have a bond that really no one else can really understand, I think." Of course this class also had to deal with last year's dual tragedies of the on campus murder of Xin Yang as well as the disappearance, and subsequent murder of Tech student Morgan Harrington. All three incidents occurred during this classes’ time on the campus. Three events, that students say, have only made the Tech community stronger as time goes on.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1838 on: May 15, 2010, 07:26:48 AM »

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100007219&docId=l:1186474424&isRss=true
Issues With Jane Velez Mitchell
Transcripts 05/14/10
Segment with Dan and Gil Harrington

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1839 on: May 15, 2010, 07:44:01 AM »

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100007219&docId=l:1186474424&isRss=true
<snipped>
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now ISSUES has learned that in 2008, UVA violated federal law. Why? By requiring student victims of sexual assault to keep quiet about it. The school says the confidentiality rule was to protect the victim`s privacy. Oh, really? So it wasn`t to protect the university`s image?
<snipped>

<snipped>
GIL HARRINGTON, MOTHER OF MORGAN HARRINGTON: I think we have to have a zero tolerance policy for violence and when violent acts happen, they are ugly so people tend to turn aside. You know, I have had to witness some very ugly things; my daughter sprayed out like a deer carcass in a field was very ugly.

Ugly things are happening. You can either ignore them or take steps so that they never happen to anyone else`s child. That`s what I`m working for. I don`t want anyone else to be sitting in this chair feeling what we`re feeling now.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, it`s so interesting that you say that, because I hadn`t spoken to you previously, but that was our big issue tonight and it is our big issue tonight. Women and the men who love them need to say enough is enough. We need a zero tolerance policy vis-a-vis violence against women on campus.

Here`s my take. These women are being set up, lulled into a false sense of security, led to believe that college is a sanctuary, a safe place. Instead their living in a stalking ground for sickos.

Look at beautiful Morgan Harrington, she was simply at a concert at the University of Virginia when she vanished. She left that concert to go to the bathroom, she couldn`t get back into the stadium and she vanished only to turn up, as you just heard from her devastated mother, months later.

So I want to ask Dr. Harrington, Morgan`s father, where were the people who were supposed to be looking out for your precious daughter?

DR. DAN HARRINGTON, MORGAN HARRINGTON`S FATHER: Well, I think the situation for Morgan was one in which there were many, many misses, so to speak, from the beginning of Morgan leaving the seat of the arena to the time that she was taken and ultimately killed. There were many, many steps where people could have intervened, from friends to university officials to arena officials.

From the standpoint of people being responsible for one another and looking out for one another, I too think that we need to have a different culture of looking at community and how we can care for one another and watch out for one another.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now your daughter was a Virginia Tech student, but she was at a concert, I think it was a Metallica concert at the University of Virginia --
D. HARRINGTON: That`s correct.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: -- and of course there`s been another tragedy since then involving the University of Virginia, the murder of Yeardley Love, a star lacrosse player, by another student, George Huguely, who was also a star lacrosse player who had a violent past and who actually, according to a female officer threatened the life of a female officer and was arrested and had to be tasered because he was so violent.

UVA`s president says he never knew that George Huguely had a criminal history. Since then, he has met with Virginia`s governor to discuss possible changes to the law that would alert the university if a student is arrested.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JOHN L. CASTEEN III, PRESIDENT, UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA: The loss of a student in this way is both an agonizing thing for the family, and a challenge for every system in a university. There is no protocol to deal with this kind of death.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Gil, as the mother of a young woman who died, shouldn`t there be a protocol? Who`s dropped the ball here?

G. HARRINGTON: I don`t know if you can make a protocol that will fit because each incident in murder, everyone is different. And the Yeardley`s family, my heart goes out to them. They had a different set of circumstances.

The commonality though is violence, the undercurrent and the system that enables, encourages this behavior to fester, particularly on campuses. Things are different now. The world is more violent for whatever reason.
We have changed how we are in airports, we have changed how we are in high schools. We need to really look at campuses and not dismiss these as isolated incidents, but see a pattern because there is a spatter pattern of blood that you can connect the dots and make some changes so these can`t happen anymore.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I have to say that these parents are my heroes. They`re my heroes, Lisa Bloom because they have turned their grief, their horrific grief, into action and their grace in this situation is unbelievable, they have really, really, really started, I hope, what becomes a movement, a movement of zero tolerance to violence against young women on campus -- Lisa.

LISA BLOOM, CNN LEGAL ANALYST: It is and it`s so inspiring. And look, ignorance is never the answer, ignorance is the problem. The university doesn`t know what the police know, victims are not allowed to speak out.

No, the more information we get out there, the more we hold universities responsible for transparency, the more we`re all going to be safe and our children who go to college are going to be safer.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Here`s the scariest thing at all. According to the U.S. government, one out of five women who attend college will become a victim of rape or attempted rape before graduation. That is the government`s statistic.
<snipped>

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.