March 19, 2024, 03:08:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748562 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1880 on: May 19, 2010, 11:31:58 PM »

I am sorry GypsyDD
Please explain the 6 percent
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1881 on: May 20, 2010, 01:03:20 AM »

Just popping in to sound off with my 2-cents.  Forewarning:  This is probably going to offend a lot of you.  I am SO done with college propaganda, designed to bond impressionable young adults to the college.  The colleges I've researched have an agenda, using rules like no cars for freshman, designed to tie them to campus.  They inundate their students with one carefully designed activity after another their Freshman year, all crafted to manipulate these young adults into believing "We are a family/community.  We care about you.  We are here for you. Blah-blah-blah".  The manipulation continues throughout their college experience, effectively tying them to their university.  I have researched and documented college Presidential meeting notes & speeches and Board meeting notes detailing the agenda and how much time/effort/planning/money are devoted to pursuing and wooing these young adults.  It's sickening how much emotional manipulation goes on college campuses.  The reality is that the colleges provide a false sense of family/community to ensure that the emotionally-vested graduates become financially supporting alumni.  Bottom line, the more money the college rakes in, the bigger the President's paycheck/retirement package/401K/private perks are.

I, for one, found it personally insulting to read that in the wake of the VT massacre, the rallying cry was all about the Hokie Nation.  Got to protect that brand image, you know.  After all, they make lots of money off alumni, sports events, souvenirs, and trinkets like Christmas ornaments.    It was equally insulting to read that Yeardley Love's teamates chose to honor her by wearing blue and orange to her memorial.  Hello?  No, they were identifying with UVA, not Yeardley herself. That's the kind of manipulation (Dare I say it? Brainwashing) that's going on our college campuses.  Colleges are not going to self-report negative press unless: someone forces them to or there's no way around it (recent example, JMU and the 8,000+ block party/riot in Harrisonburg VA). Ordering colleges to report crimes committed on campus/within a ___ mile radius of campus (specific violent crimes)/committed off campus by students is like asking a five-year-old to guard a candy store or an alcoholic to guard an ABC store.  The Clery Act requires colleges to keep a crime log, which is open to students and the public, however who has time to police the log daily to ensure crimes do get reported and they are correctly recorded (particularly in cases involving campus security). The blatant manipulation of emotionally vulnerable young adults, seeking to "find themselves"/fit in, creates the perfect culture for cover, cover, cover.  The herd mentality is alive and well on most college campuses in the USA.  "You wouldn't want this to reflect badly upon the administration/college, would you?", "You represent your university to the community.", etc.  It's sickening to see the President/Regents/Board of Visitors/PR department launch a full-scale frontal offensive assault, in the wake of a massacre, Morgan Harrington, Yeardley Love, etc.  It's unbelievable that such intelligent young people can't discern the manipulation, nor can most of their tuition-paying parents.

*End of Rant*...packing away soapbox, walking away

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1882 on: May 20, 2010, 02:00:35 AM »

That is a very interesting post..  Now the previous Hookie nation comment makes sense.

It is all about money $$$ at the end of the day. No matter what happens or who cuts off who's head in the campus cafateria..
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1883 on: May 20, 2010, 08:07:04 AM »

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3992640&id=735702175&fbid=195235567175#!/album.php?id=735702175&aid=157216&s=0&hash=89e8240f3b8560bd6da228d6f6cb9afb

Pics of Anchorage Farm taken Oct. 28, 2009
Wow, I've been wanting to see those pics, on your site there was a link but for some reason I couldn't see the pics even though I have FB. Who is that guy in several of the pics? And what is that a hut of some kind? 

Maybe a survival type shelter.I could even see sitting inside it to watch for animals while hunting.Just guessing. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1884 on: May 20, 2010, 08:49:50 AM »

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3992640&id=735702175&fbid=195235567175#!/album.php?id=735702175&aid=157216&s=0&hash=89e8240f3b8560bd6da228d6f6cb9afb

Pics of Anchorage Farm taken Oct. 28, 2009
Wow, I've been wanting to see those pics, on your site there was a link but for some reason I couldn't see the pics even though I have FB. Who is that guy in several of the pics? And what is that a hut of some kind? 

It is a Yerta made of tree bark.  I think there are actually 2 different structures in those pics.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1885 on: May 20, 2010, 08:57:00 AM »

Thank-you, I've never heard of a yerta before.
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1886 on: May 20, 2010, 09:31:36 AM »

Great post ISpy.  Its hard to differentiate some of these universities from occults

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1887 on: May 20, 2010, 09:56:52 AM »

I am sorry GypsyDD
Please explain the 6 percent

I comes from the idea that we are interconnected via family and friends by 6 degrees of separation.  Meaning Morgan would have a friend , who had a friend, whohad a family member , etc..and eventually by doing the same with JBass you would get an overlap into the Bass circle of family and friends.  A common denominator ..that's who we are looking for.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1888 on: May 20, 2010, 03:58:30 PM »

Six degrees of separation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_separation

Fascinating..

Thank You Gypsy DD
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1889 on: May 21, 2010, 02:49:44 PM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog
Gil Harrington’s thoughts from May 21, 2010
  On May - 21 - 20101 COMMENT

As a family we are taking on water. Valiantly trying, but sinking nonetheless because we have lost the joy of being.

We have the work component down in spades. We do the work to sustain each other. The work to fulfill our roles in the community. The work of our jobs. We are prodigious taskers. The work gives us direction.

But 7 months in, we are all coming up against- why bother? What does it matter?

I know a steady diet of only work won’t sustain us. We need a reason to keep moving forward. The joy of living, but we don’t really feel OK with joy right now. It is kind of like we think feeling joy is selling out on Morgan; but we know that if we don’t find it we will sell out on life itself.

Dan and I have always had an undercurrent of lightness and fun between us. We revel in our relationship. But this is such a hard, hard place. We need that little circuit of joy, however we can’t see past our poor dead Morgan. The empty room, the neatened closet, all flat. Even her car has died. (Need to call for a jump.) We all need a jump-start, Morgan’s car, Dan, Alex, and me. Get some energy flowing so we can start moving forward again.

2 4 1

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1890 on: May 21, 2010, 03:05:32 PM »

Gil Harrington’s thoughts from May 21, 2010
  On May - 21 - 20101 COMMENT

As a family we are taking on water. Valiantly trying, but sinking nonetheless because we have lost the joy of being.

We have the work component down in spades. We do the work to sustain each other. The work to fulfill our roles in the community. The work of our jobs. We are prodigious taskers. The work gives us direction.

But 7 months in, we are all coming up against- why bother? What does it matter?

I know a steady diet of only work won’t sustain us. We need a reason to keep moving forward. The joy of living, but we don’t really feel OK with joy right now. It is kind of like we think feeling joy is selling out on Morgan; but we know that if we don’t find it we will sell out on life itself.

Dan and I have always had an undercurrent of lightness and fun between us. We revel in our relationship. But this is such a hard, hard place. We need that little circuit of joy, however we can’t see past our poor dead Morgan. The empty room, the neatened closet, all flat. Even her car has died. (Need to call for a jump.) We all need a jump-start, Morgan’s car, Dan, Alex, and me. Get some energy flowing so we can start moving forward again.

2 4 1
So very sad, how can this horrific situation not take a toll on their relationship? It would be impossible for it not too. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1891 on: May 21, 2010, 06:30:06 PM »

http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=12522690
UVA Planning White Ribbon Campaign
Posted: May 21, 2010 2:54 PM CDT Updated: May 21, 2010 2:54 PM CDT
There will be a silent protest against domestic violence on grounds at the University of Virginia this weekend in the form of 25,000 small white ribbons. While the effort is officially without reference to any one person, three most quickly come to mind: Yeardley Love, George Huguely and Morgan Harrington.

Organizers say the ribbons are for all victims out there but it is the two university related killings that are pushing the campaign forward. On the lawn at UVA, crews are preparing for the 181st final exercises. Students are also preparing to underline the fight against domestic violence with thousands of little pieces of fabric.

"I just feel like we need to get people talking, we need to get people aware that this is a problem," said fourth year student Caitlin Donaghy. "This is present in our community."

That is why Donaghy and about 30 others are organizing the White Ribbon Campaign; one ribbon for every person attending Sunday's ceremony.

"Actually reaching individuals with 25,000 ribbons is a big feat," said fourth year Holly Grant.

Organizers want to make a visual statement against violence with the sea of ribbons, telling people it is okay to speak up and put a stop to domestic violence.

"Just getting people to talk about it so that it's not such an issue that's in the dark that people don't want to talk about," explained Donaghy.

"I think it's part of the healing process for all of the students here that we can just leave on that positive note," added Grant.

The hope is to also get people to donate to organizations that deal with domestic violence. To find out where to get a white ribbon, click here. http://www.whiteribboncampaignuva.com/

~ Peter Frampton
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1892 on: May 23, 2010, 04:24:51 PM »

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0510/738781.html?ref=rs&cmpid=rss_news_738781

UVA Calls for Alerts on Student Arrests
RICHMOND (AP) - University officials still reeling from the death of a Virginia student-athlete want a better system to tell them when students are arrested off campus, though authorities warn any changes could prove costly and difficult to enforce.
University of Virginia President John Casteen said he would push for greater notification requirements following the May 3 discovery of 22-year-old Yeardley Love's battered body in her Charlottesville apartment. Police have arrested another 22-year-old UVA student-athlete, George Huguely, and charged him with first-degree murder. Both played lacrosse for the school.

Casteen said he would seek the change because university officials were never told of Huguely's November 2008 arrest in Lexington, Va., on charges of public intoxication and resisting arrest. The arresting officer's report said Huguely had threatened to kill her and a female probation officer, and he had to be subdued with a stun gun.

If school officials had known about that arrest, Casteen said they might have been able to discipline Huguely and keep a closer eye on him. Instead, he said the incident highlighted not just a gap in the law, but "a hole you can drive a truck through."

Most schools get information on student arrests from their local police departments, but they rarely hear about incidents that happen outside that immediate area.

Campus safety advocates said if Casteen's efforts are successful, Virginia would be the first state to enact a law requiring police to report off-campus arrests of students to colleges and universities.

But law enforcement officials and some campus safety experts say such a law would be complicated and costly. They question what steps would be required to verify if a suspect was a student, either halfway across the state or halfway across the nation.

"If somebody's a hardened criminal, they're not likely to be truthful if they feel like that's going to get them kicked out of school," said Delores Stafford, former police chief at George Washington University and a Delaware campus safety consultant.

Civil rights advocates question whether the notification is a violation of privacy. Others doubt the benefit of being notified of every case of public intoxication or drunken driving, especially before the student is convicted.

Each year, an estimated 110,000 students between the ages of 18 and 24 are arrested for an alcohol-related violation, according to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.

Meanwhile, there were 55 homicides on the nation's college campuses and the surrounding areas - which include sidewalks, streets and properties like fraternity houses - in 2008, according to crime statistics gathered by the U.S. Department of Education. Those numbers do not include incidents at off-campus residences and businesses.

Casteen acknowledges he wouldn't have known about Huguely's threatening behavior simply based on his arrests. He would have had to read the police report or talk to the officer involved, something that would become less likely if every arrest were reported to the school.

Still, those who support Casteen say even if Huguely's arrest would not have raised a red flag, it would have provided information.
"Sitting where I sit, I would rather have even a yellow flag to at least be able to look into it," said Kent Smith, vice president for student affairs at Ohio University.

Three years ago, Smith and other officials at the Athens, Ohio, university started writing letters to schools whose students were arrested at in-town, off-campus parties and events. Smith writes between 20 and 40 letters each year when local police notify the university that they've arrested a student from another school.

"Sometimes a student just made a bad choice somewhere else, but in other cases it might be representative of a young person who is in serious difficulty," Smith said.

Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell (web | bio) said he would consult with law enforcement before deciding whether to support Casteen's push for legislation, but he agreed the information could be useful for school leaders. The two have agreed to discuss possible changes.
Supporters say they hope the obstacles won't prevent both sides from reaching a compromise.

"We shouldn't be afraid of talking about it just because there are a lot of details to work out," said Jonathan Kassa, executive director of Security On Campus, a Pennsylvania-based campus security organization.

The group supports notification for arrests on serious offenses such as assaults or rapes, and conviction of other offenses. If a law is enacted, though, the group urges it be done on a national level.

The U.S. Department of Education has not taken a position on the issue, spokeswoman Jane Glickman said.

Huguely is being held without bond. Police are investigating whether there had been previous altercations between he and Love, including one report that they argued at a bar the day before she was found dead.

Huguely told police they had been in a relationship that had recently ended.

By Dena Potter, Associated Press Writer

2 4 1
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1893 on: May 23, 2010, 05:49:48 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1894 on: May 23, 2010, 09:00:04 PM »

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/news/local/education/article/uber-volunteer_among_todays_degree_earners/56462/
Uber-volunteer among today’s degree earners
MEGAN LOVETT—THE DAILY PROGRESS

Holly Grant, who graduates today from the University of Virginia, has spent much of her four years in Charlottesville seeking to help those in need.
By Brian McNeill
Published: May 22, 2010
In her four years at the University of Virginia, Holly Grant has sought to feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, rebuild communities damaged by disaster, and put a stop to domestic violence and sexual assault.

Grant, a 21-year-old foreign affairs major from Falls Church, is something of an über-volunteer at a university where more than 3,300 students volunteer each week throughout the Charlottesville region.

Grant, who will graduate today during UVa’s 181st Final Exercises, decided to get involved with volunteer work early on at the university.

At an orientation session her first year, UVa President John T. Casteen III warned the incoming students about the prevalence of sexual assault on college campuses. National studies show that one out of every four college women will be assaulted, he told them.

“The prevalence surprised me. It opened my eyes,” Grant said. “It was something that had not really been discussed in high school.”
Grant signed up to volunteer with a group called Sexual Assault Peer Advocacy, which aims to educate other students about sexual assault, as well as advocate for victims and connects them with available resources such as UVa’s Women’s Center and the Sexual Assault Resource Agency.

“There’s clearly a culture of silence surrounding sexual assault,” Grant said. “Any way that I can help people move through that, I’m all for it.”

Grant was one of the co-organizers of a campaign in which 25,000 graduating UVa students, faculty and family members will wear white ribbons at today’s commencement ceremony.

The initiative seeks to memorialize slain UVa lacrosse player Yeardley Love and Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, whose death in the Charlottesville area is being investigated as a homicide. The white ribbons will also symbolize a stand against violence in all its forms, Grant said.

Grant’s efforts against violence and sexual assault amount to just a fraction of her volunteer work.
<snipped>

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1895 on: May 23, 2010, 09:01:36 PM »

SusieQ,thanks for the update.   

~ Peter Frampton
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1896 on: May 23, 2010, 11:14:01 PM »

SusieQ,thanks for the update.   

Thank you for ALL the updates. I don't know how you do it. Do you ever sleep?

2 4 1
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1897 on: May 24, 2010, 12:16:14 PM »

Gil Harrington’s thoughts from May 24th, 2010
On May - 24 - 20101 COMMENT

Part of the struggle with connecting to joy is the guilt, for even wanting it or considering joy a reasonable possibility or a right? How could we find pleasure when you are finished: never to feel anything again?  Somehow I must accept that it is OK for me to live, even though you are dead. That is a tough one.

It is difficult to let go of all the plans, dreams and assumptions I didn’t even know I had made about the future and you being part of it.   Morgan, I miss you my sweet girl.  We are all trying but this is so, so hard. I say the proper answer when asked, “Yes, I am OK” or even say I’m doing fine.  None of us are really fine, OK is a stretch; but we put on a mask everyday.  Hoping that, eventually pretence trickles away and it really does start to feel ok.

We are grappling and wrestling with transformation.  What an impasse.  Reluctant to let go of the lives we were planning to live, but that no longer exist.  Unwilling to move into the lives we have been given.  Paralysis? Or is it a necessary hiatus that will allow us to grow into theses new skins?

2 4 1

~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1898 on: May 25, 2010, 01:02:38 AM »

I know she may not read here but..

Dear Gil

You are so absolutely astounding in your ability to express yourself. You are so clearly in-tune with your senses and emotions.  I have learned a great deal reading your words, even though they are so very difficult to read as the reality of your thoughts tears holes in the tender fabric of my soul. What you have to say is the reality of the situation and I know you will find a way to cross this crevasse in time. There is no way to fill a space like this that is empty, you ALL must build a bridge to cross it together or alone to live again.  That school was a good idea for you and a healing point. Your husband and son need to find there own way too.
 At this moment I need to see another Gill, the pissed off one that will have nothing less then the culprit in the murder of your child. I need to see you energize yourself in the news media and to not let this situation die in the eyes and minds of Virginia and the American public for all of Virginia For all of America and for Morgan.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1899 on: May 26, 2010, 01:38:51 PM »

http://findmorgan.com/family-blog/gil-harringtons-thoughts-from-may-26th-2010
Gil Harrington’s thoughts from May 26th, 2010
Gil Harrington’s thoughts from May 26th, 2010
On May - 26 - 2010

We returned yesterday from out of town. It was difficult to leave the refuge of our home for several days. Being away seemed to open vulnerabilities in me. Just didn’t manage to compose myself and protect myself in the usual way, perhaps because I had less control, less predictability, or just didn’t know how to read the cues in a different environment.

I found myself ambushed by anguish and tears at unexpected moments: at dinner, in an elevator, even at the airport. I am surprised to be falling apart in this way so many months after Morgan’s murder. Shouldn’t it be getting better?   

Ironically if was also hard to return home to Roanoke. Our sense of sanctuary here has been shattered. I guess we will never feel totally safe again anywhere. That’s one of the ways we have been changed by our encounter with evil.

That violation makes us feel more fragile and act more cautiously. I check the doors and windows more often now. I rarely open them to catch the morning breeze and I draw the blinds early against the night’s blackness. I wonder if this will improve after the arrest of Morgan’s killer(s). I hope so; I don’t want to contemplate the rest of our lives colored with fear.

2 4 1

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.