March 19, 2024, 01:12:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748540 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1900 on: May 26, 2010, 01:41:29 PM »

Prayers for Morgan's Family     an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1901 on: May 26, 2010, 05:36:35 PM »

Prayers for Morgan's Family     an angelic monkey

And prayers from me as well.  Gil is such an eloquent writer & her pain is so palpable.

I know the stages of grief & know you can slip back & forth between them.  I pray they are able to find moments of peace & even joy.  And that we soon read of an arrest.

Thank you Trimm for bringing her words to us.

an angelic monkey

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1902 on: May 27, 2010, 01:09:45 PM »

http://rockvillemag.blogspot.com/2010/05/update-morgan-dana-harringtons-murderer.html
2010/05/25
Update: Morgan Harrington's murderer still at large

Morgan Harrington's murder still unsolved
by jhs

Four months have passed since the skeletal remains of missing Metallica fan, Morgan Dana Harrington was discovered in a remote pasture in Albemarle County, Virginia.

As of today Virginia State Police have released no new information or suspects in the murder investigation. Dan and Gil Harrington, parents of the deceased, have updated their daughter's website with new family pictures and the following information:

The beautiful, shiny, loving Morgan Dana Harrington was a true original. She brought much joy and fun to family and friends for 20 years. Her light and potential were extinguished when she was abducted from a Metallica concert 10/17/09 in Charlottesville Virginia.

Morgan’s skeletonized body was found at Anchorage Farm, Albemarle County on 1/26/10. The person(s) responsible remain at large, presumably still in the Charlottesville area. We ask that any information that might help in the investigation of this case be directed to: Virginia State Police tip line (434) 352-3467.

We continue to work diligently with Law Enforcement to find justice for Morgan Dana Harrington and apprehend her killer(s). This is a difficult task during our worst nightmare with our limited energy and abilities. We will be successful though because of the strength we derive from the outpouring of love we have received from across the nation and beyond. Your support carries us as we continue to fight for Morgan and other precious children. We are so grateful to each of you. 2 4 1
It is important to us that Morgan’s killer(s) did not erase her from the world and that she continues to create a positive legacy. To honor that we are moving forward with several educational projects that Morgan, an education major at VT, was personally involved with:

The construction of the Morgan Dana Harrington Educational Wing, OMNI Village, Ndola, Zambia, Africa
OMNI, Orphan Medical Network International, donations may be mailed to:
OMNI
6930 Empire Lane
Roanoke, Va. 24018
Or on line at www.omnimissions.com
OMNI is a 501(c)3 charitable organization

VTC Scholarship donations may be mailed to:
Virginia Tech
Morgan Dana Harrington Memorial Scholarship
University Development
Blacksburg, Va. 24061
Or on line at Morgan Dana Harrington Scholarship

The Harrington family is offering a $100,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for Morgan Harrington's disappearance.
In addition, the band Metallica is offering an additional $50,000 to the reward bringing it to $150,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for Morgan's disappearance.

The Harrington family still requests the public's involvement to help bring Morgan's killer/killers to justice.

Morgan Harrington's MISSING flyer has been replaced by a MURDERED flyer which is available for download from findmorgan.com.

The Harrington family is convinced their daughter's murderer remains at large in the Charlottesville, Virginia area.

osted by rockville magazine at 10:34 PM

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1903 on: May 27, 2010, 03:48:21 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/liz-seccuro/a-history-of-violence-not_b_592208.html

Liz Seccuro

Event planner and victim's rights activist
Posted: May 27, 2010 02:14 PM

A History of Violence: Not Huguely, But the University of Virginia

A Black Eye on the Legacy of Honor

The recent killing of University of Virginia lacrosse player and student Yeardley Love, allegedly at the hands of her ex-boyfriend and fellow lacrosse player and student, George Huguely V, is a tragic chapter for my alma mater. Issues of dating violence, murder, sexual assault and stalking have long haunted the University of Virginia.

In 1984, when I was a freshman, I was drugged and gang-raped by a pack of three members of the Phi Kappa Psi fraternity at UVA. I did not know any of them. I remembered one of the rapes graphically -- the violence, the pain. The next day, when I awoke wrapped in a bloody sheet, thrown on a sofa, I went through the man's mail. I needed to know his name in order to report him. I sat across from the then Dean of Students, Robert Canevari, and told him what had happened to me. With the blood still leaking from me and my face bruised, he asked me, "Are you sure you didn't have sex with this man and you don't want to admit that you aren't a 'good girl'?"

There was no investigation, no paper trail and no prosecution, although I went to the hospital, Student Health, the Dean of Students, and the University Police and made dozens of reports. I was told by the Dean of Students that the Charlottesville Police had no jurisdiction over Phi Kappa Psi and was ordered not to call them. The deans said that they had spoken with the young man in question and told me "he said it was consensual." He, the rapist, withdrew from the University and was thus "no longer a danger" to me. I was told, in so many words and actions, to go away. I did not, but my life was diminished. I felt that I did not matter.

Rape and murder are also not considered violations of the University's Honor Code, established 15 years after Thomas Jefferson founded the school in 1825. The Honor Code's single sanction of expulsion is reserved for "lying, cheating and stealing." I would posit that rape or murder most certainly falls under stealing -- of a life, of one's dignity, of the promise of a life well-lived. Most of the time, issues of violence between students are adjudicated by student-run boards and not via law enforcement.

Twenty years later, that rapist wrote to me as part of his 12-Step recovery program. He got my home address by calling the University Alumni Office, which gave it to him with no questions asked. He had been following me via mailing address for nine years, he wrote. He was sorry he raped me. I contacted the Charlottesville Police, who told me that they indeed did have jurisdiction over where my crime had happened and that there was no statute of limitations in the Commonwealth of Virginia on felony rape. My rapist, who was represented by the same two attorneys now defending George Huguely, was charged, arrested and sentenced. He served less than six months for aggravated sexual assault. The others present at the time have evaded law enforcement.

In April 2010, three weeks before Ms. Love's murder, I was invited to speak at the annual "Take Back the Night" rally at UVA, which highlights the perils of violence against women. My fellow speaker was Dan Harrington, the father of Morgan, a Virginia Tech student who was abducted from a Metallica concert at UVA's John Paul Jones Arena and murdered in October 2009. No one has yet been charged in Morgan Harrington's death.

At the rally, I spoke of blame and responsibility. Blame for sweeping crimes against women under the rug. Blaming victims for going to concerts or parties or dating a fellow student. We are, I said, collateral damage, acceptable losses in the University's now-failed PR campaign that they are one of the best, most elite schools in the United States. A school with the best professors, brightest students and winningest sports teams. A school with well-heeled alumni who contribute handsomely to the endowment fund. A school where behavior like that of George Huguely's is given a free pass because students clearly do not know how to protect one another due to the fact that the University does not create an atmosphere where speaking up leads to action. Silence is now deadly. University of Virginia's outgoing President John Casteen's legacy will now be one of a gruesome murder under his watch.

So much has been made about this being a lacrosse issue, a rich white kid issue, an alcohol issue, an entitlement issue. While there may be a bit of truth there, to me, it's a University of Virginia issue. Because of the work I have done on behalf of campus survivors of crime, I know that Mr. Jefferson's Academical Village has a bigger problem than most campuses. Of course, violence is present at all colleges, but the University of Virginia administration's steadfast refusal to require the students to do anything that is mandatory beyond paying their fees and returning their library books before they graduate now looks like a deadly stance in the name of being a fully student-run University. While there are adult administrators, there is no sense of protection for young students. I spoke with the DA, and unlike many colleges, nothing is mandatory -- not even orientation. That's right: there are no requirements for students to have any education in sexual assault, dating violence, stalking, drug and alcohol abuse, eating disorders and depression -- all very much present on college campuses today.

This is not to say that there are not wonderful resources and programs available to address such issues at the University. There are. But not one member of the administration is willing to stick their neck out and tell students that they must receive this education.

I think that may change now.

For all of the heated talk about George Huguely's violent past and who knew or didn't know, or why friends or coaches did not intervene, the history of violence at Virginia comes down to this: responsibility. The parents, the students, and the administration must work together to ensure that there is a chain of responsibility so that violence never occurs again at UVA. I have no doubt that it will -- humans will be violent. But perhaps the numbers will be lower, the response will not be one of confusion and blame, and the Yeardley Loves, Morgan Harringtons and other victims of campus violence may receive the justice and compassion they so richly deserve.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1904 on: May 27, 2010, 04:03:21 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fIxb_Yxi6vI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/fIxb_Yxi6vI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;border=1</a>

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1905 on: May 27, 2010, 04:22:26 PM »

Thanks Cece.   

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1906 on: May 27, 2010, 04:32:05 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/liz-seccuro/a-history-of-violence-not_b_592208.html      
Liz Seccuro
Event planner and victim's rights activist
Posted: May 27, 2010 02:14 PM   
A History of Violence: Not Huguely, But the University of Virginia
A Black Eye on the Legacy of Honor

The recent killing of University of Virginia lacrosse player and student Yeardley Love, allegedly at the hands of her ex-boyfriend and fellow lacrosse player and student, George Huguely V, is a tragic chapter for my alma mater. Issues of dating violence, murder, sexual assault and stalking have long haunted the University of Virginia.

In 1984, when I was a freshman, I was drugged and gang-raped by a pack of three members of the Phi Kappa Psi fraternity at UVA. I did not know any of them. I remembered one of the rapes graphically -- the violence, the pain. The next day, when I awoke wrapped in a bloody sheet, thrown on a sofa, I went through the man's mail. I needed to know his name in order to report him. I sat across from the then Dean of Students, Robert Canevari, and told him what had happened to me. With the blood still leaking from me and my face bruised, he asked me, "Are you sure you didn't have sex with this man and you don't want to admit that you aren't a 'good girl'?"
There was no investigation, no paper trail and no prosecution, although I went to the hospital, Student Health, the Dean of Students, and the University Police and made dozens of reports. I was told by the Dean of Students that the Charlottesville Police had no jurisdiction over Phi Kappa Psi and was ordered not to call them. The deans said that they had spoken with the young man in question and told me "he said it was consensual." He, the rapist, withdrew from the University and was thus "no longer a danger" to me. I was told, in so many words and actions, to go away. I did not, but my life was diminished. I felt that I did not matter.

Rape and murder are also not considered violations of the University's Honor Code, established 15 years after Thomas Jefferson founded the school in 1825. The Honor Code's single sanction of expulsion is reserved for "lying, cheating and stealing." I would posit that rape or murder most certainly falls under stealing -- of a life, of one's dignity, of the promise of a life well-lived. Most of the time, issues of violence between students are adjudicated by student-run boards and not via law enforcement.
Twenty years later, that rapist wrote to me as part of his 12-Step recovery program. He got my home address by calling the University Alumni Office, which gave it to him with no questions asked. He had been following me via mailing address for nine years, he wrote. He was sorry he raped me. I contacted the Charlottesville Police, who told me that they indeed did have jurisdiction over where my crime had happened and that there was no statute of limitations in the Commonwealth of Virginia on felony rape. My rapist, who was represented by the same two attorneys now defending George Huguely, was charged, arrested and sentenced. He served less than six months for aggravated sexual assault. The others present at the time have evaded law enforcement.

In April 2010, three weeks before Ms. Love's murder, I was invited to speak at the annual "Take Back the Night" rally at UVA, which highlights the perils of violence against women. My fellow speaker was Dan Harrington, the father of Morgan, a Virginia Tech student who was abducted from a Metallica concert at UVA's John Paul Jones Arena and murdered in October 2009. No one has yet been charged in Morgan Harrington's death.

At the rally, I spoke of blame and responsibility. Blame for sweeping crimes against women under the rug. Blaming victims for going to concerts or parties or dating a fellow student. We are, I said, collateral damage, acceptable losses in the University's now-failed PR campaign that they are one of the best, most elite schools in the United States. A school with the best professors, brightest students and winningest sports teams. A school with well-heeled alumni who contribute handsomely to the endowment fund. A school where behavior like that of George Huguely's is given a free pass because students clearly do not know how to protect one another due to the fact that the University does not create an atmosphere where speaking up leads to action. Silence is now deadly. University of Virginia's outgoing President John Casteen's legacy will now be one of a gruesome murder under his watch.
So much has been made about this being a lacrosse issue, a rich white kid issue, an alcohol issue, an entitlement issue. While there may be a bit of truth there, to me, it's a University of Virginia issue. Because of the work I have done on behalf of campus survivors of crime, I know that Mr. Jefferson's Academical Village has a bigger problem than most campuses. Of course, violence is present at all colleges, but the University of Virginia administration's steadfast refusal to require the students to do anything that is mandatory beyond paying their fees and returning their library books before they graduate now looks like a deadly stance in the name of being a fully student-run University. While there are adult administrators, there is no sense of protection for young students. I spoke with the DA, and unlike many colleges, nothing is mandatory -- not even orientation. That's right: there are no requirements for students to have any education in sexual assault, dating violence, stalking, drug and alcohol abuse, eating disorders and depression -- all very much present on college campuses today.

This is not to say that there are not wonderful resources and programs available to address such issues at the University. There are. But not one member of the administration is willing to stick their neck out and tell students that they must receive this education.

I think that may change now.

For all of the heated talk about George Huguely's violent past and who knew or didn't know, or why friends or coaches did not intervene, the history of violence at Virginia comes down to this: responsibility. The parents, the students, and the administration must work together to ensure that there is a chain of responsibility so that violence never occurs again at UVA. I have no doubt that it will -- humans will be violent. But perhaps the numbers will be lower, the response will not be one of confusion and blame, and the Yeardley Loves, Morgan Harringtons and other victims of campus violence may receive the justice and compassion they so richly deserve.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1907 on: May 27, 2010, 04:36:45 PM »

Justice for Morgan     an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1908 on: May 27, 2010, 07:44:52 PM »

Talk about a pattern of bad behavior.. This university administration stinks of it.

Crimes have been committed and covered up and people that run the university and even some students that have covered up violent crimes should be prosecuted for so many violations of law and constitution over such a long period of time that I can't count them all.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1909 on: May 28, 2010, 08:37:05 AM »

Justice for Morgan     an angelic monkey

O Trim-

It's always the pics that hit my hardest. What a loving tribute to Morgan, thanks for posting.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1910 on: May 28, 2010, 01:35:37 PM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog
Gil Harrington’s thoughts from May 28th, 2010
  On May - 28 - 2010ADD COMMENTS

PERSONAL AD –

MORGAN DANA

HARRINGTON

Beautiful, smart, funny

20 year old female, single

college student.

Metallica fan, murder victim

I.S.O. JUSTICE/ARREST/

CONVICTION

Call VSP with information

On Morgan’s case @

434-352-3467

2 4 1

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1911 on: May 29, 2010, 08:20:48 PM »

Blink,I know you are around here somewhere  .......have you seen this?
http://findmorgan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3747

Question Anyone else heard this?
I hope it ok to post this-please remove if not. I heard a rumor this morning (from someone who works at UVA) that that UVA police have detained someone related to the Harrington case. Has anyone else heard this?
`````````````````````````

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1912 on: May 29, 2010, 08:25:28 PM »

I sure hope this is correct, and not a rumor 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1913 on: May 29, 2010, 08:30:32 PM »

I sure hope this is correct, and not a rumor 

I hope it is true.I pray for Morgan's family everyday.
Maybe we will will get some news.

~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1914 on: May 29, 2010, 10:54:40 PM »

UAV Police ??

I ageee where is Blink ??
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1915 on: May 29, 2010, 10:55:56 PM »

UVA even..
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1916 on: May 30, 2010, 01:15:56 AM »

Blink,I know you are around here somewhere  .......have you seen this?
http://findmorgan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3747

Question Anyone else heard this?
I hope it ok to post this-please remove if not. I heard a rumor this morning (from someone who works at UVA) that that UVA police have detained someone related to the Harrington case. Has anyone else heard this?
`````````````````````````

Untrue.

There is no detention of anyone related to the murder case of Morgan Harrington by UVA today.

No idea where it started.

That said, I do think recent Grand Jury activity might progress the investigation.
B
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1917 on: May 30, 2010, 07:53:33 AM »

Blink,thank you.   

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1918 on: May 30, 2010, 09:42:38 AM »

Thanks Blink
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1919 on: June 01, 2010, 06:05:40 PM »

http://findmorgan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3769

http://www.newsplex.com/blogs/continuousnews/95328479.html
Morgan Harrington Billboard Goes Up on High Street
Topic Author: Liz Palka
Posted: 12:38 PM Jun 1, 2010
Replies Posted: 0 comments
Good afternoon!

What was a billboard for the Newsplex's Marc Davis, is now a message from Dan and Gil Harrington saying, "Help Us Solve Morgan's Murder."  The Harrington's have been working with Lamar Advertising to find a billboard space to spread their message of finding their daughter's killer.  When they couldn't find a space, the Newsplex decided to donate our billboard space to their cause.  The space is the most visible on High Street, where more than 10,000 cars drive by every day.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.