March 19, 2024, 01:19:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748543 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1960 on: June 27, 2010, 10:03:19 AM »

Morgan's Art   Smile
http://findmorgan.com/gallery

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1961 on: June 27, 2010, 01:08:20 PM »

I had  misplaced the link to the family's website.  Now I will have a t-shirt for Morgan, to go with the bracelet that I wear every day.  Thanks for all you do Trimm

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1962 on: June 28, 2010, 10:54:37 AM »

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/news/opinion/op_ed/article/avoid_known_risks/57666/
Avoid known risks
By The Daily Progress
Published: June 28, 2010
Morgan Harrington’s parents try to keep their daughter in the news because they say they are concerned for the safety of other young women.
Ms. Harrington went missing from a Metallica concert in Charlottesville last fall. Months later her body was found on an Albemarle County farm.
The Harringtons fear that without reminders of what can happen to them, young women will become complacent about their safety.
The state had another scare a couple of weeks ago when a 26-year-old Fauquier County woman disappeared after a Phish concert in Portsmouth. She became separated from her friends, and the friends returned to Northern Virginia without her.
She later was found safe and sound. But one parallel between the two cases was scarily striking: In both instances friends left the concert hall and returned home without their missing friend. Publicity about the Harrington case in Charlottesville did not prevent similar poor decisions in Portsmouth.
This is almost unbelievable. It is downright dangerous. It is reckless.
Be smart, people. Be safe.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1963 on: June 28, 2010, 06:28:08 PM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog
Gil Harrington’s thoughts from June 28th, 2010
  On June - 28 - 20101 COMMENT

Note to a monster:

Listen up, there is karma or fate or destiny. Evil may rule for a while, but eventually, inevitably, without fail, the pendulum swings and your reign will be over. I’m ready. Your clock is ticking down. Any time now, good will prevail.

I understand this in a visceral way, just like I understand you. We are obscenely linked opposite mirror images. I created Morgan’s life force and birthed her. You destroyed that life and murdered her. I felt her first faint fetal movements. You felt her final death rigors. I knew Morgan as an embryo. You knew her as a corpse.

That corpse will not rest. Morgan wants justice. I hear her whispering in the ears and softening the hearts of those who help you hide. They don’t like what you’ve become. Your call to violence has become a blood lust and you are a monster. They grow frightened, knowing the truth will out. A day of reckoning is coming!

Morgan 2 4 1

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1964 on: June 28, 2010, 06:38:06 PM »

I saw this posted at Morgan's site.  http://findmorgan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4015
Posted by Kenny  06/28/10
Dan will be calling in on tonight's show. Since it is only a one hour show it may be better to let him get his call through first before anyone else tries to call. It could cause the phone lines to be busy. You may listen to this show starting at 9:00 PM. The first link is the one you need, the other one you can listen to past programs. Her mother was also murdered.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/susanmurphymilano

http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot....crimes-on.html

Also posted by Kenny
 Folks This Is What You Can Do If You Continue To Fight(Telephone Number Inside)
And for those people that think I am doing this for some kind of name recognition you can go jump in the lake. Like I said, I love this family and I will go down fighting if I have to. I said it before and I will say it again, if I am left here talking to myself I will. But I am hoping all of you will continue this fight with me. I have been on a roll today and it has been paying off big time. Starting tonight. Please let's continue this fight together. We feed off each other. Here is the message I just received from Susan, tonight's host of the talk show. She wants to help Dan and Gil. Anny Jacoby also gave me lists of names for Dan and Gil to contact. LOL sorry folks but if you have facebook expect another name that I will be sending you soon. This guy is friends with Nancy Grace. I will be contacting him tonight. Keep the prayers coming for this family and justice will be coming. I don't know when, but it will happen.

Susan Murphy-Milano June 28 at 5:57pm
Tell You what have him call at 9:15 pm 347-326-9337 for tonights show and I will also do a blog this on this case and get the case on CrimeWire in 3 weeks and where ever else I can go with it. My email is send me what you can there-

I am happy for any help to the Harringtons.   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1965 on: June 29, 2010, 10:06:30 AM »

http://sify.com/news/american-s-gift-of-love-revives-memory-of-ancient-tibet-kingdom-news-international-kg3mkcejceh.html
American's gift of love revives memory of ancient Tibet kingdom
2010-06-29 12:10:00

An amazing gift of love by an American artist will revive the memory of an ancient Tibetan kingdom more than 50 years after the annexation of Tibet by China and a drive by Beijing to clamp down on Tibet's unique Buddhist art, culture and tradition.

A nearly five-year labour of love by Jane Lillian Vance, who teaches 'the creative process' at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Virginia, climaxes in Nepal with a documentary recording the culture of Mustang, which was once part of an ancient and culturally rich Tibetan kingdom.

Now the northernmost district in Nepal, Mustang still retains its uniqueness due to geo-political changes that saw it become part of Nepal and escape Chinese onslaughts.

The documentary, 'A gift for the village', tells of the unusual and moving association between Vance and Tsampa Ngawang, a Tibetan lama as well as an amchi, a practitioner of the now-disappearing science of Tibetan medicine based on Himalayan herbs.

Vance, who met Ngawang during her visit to Nepal in 2001, was asked by him to do his portrait.

It was no ordinary portrait but a traditional painting that would become part of Mustang's cultural history.
It was done in the thangka style, the highly stylised Tibetan spiritual painting that mostly depicts gods and goddesses, the Buddha and religious leaders.

Vance says she became the first western painter - and a woman - to be allowed the privilege of painting a traditional portrait of a Tibetan amchi.

In 2007, three years after she finished the intricate, seven-foot portrait done on special cloth, she travelled to Mustang to deliver her gift, which, according to Tibetan traditions, became a gift for the entire village as well.

The journey was captured on camera and became the foundation of the documentary, which premiered in Kathmandu Monday.

It will be followed by two more screenings in the capital after which Vance plans to show it in different cities in Nepal and the US.

She will then set out on a 155-mile trek over 16,000 feet mountains to reach the village in Upper Mustang where the documentary will be screened in monasteries. The journey alone will take 12 days.

'A gift for the village' will have a special place in the heart of the Tibetan community as it has been blessed by the Dalai Lama.

Vance hopes it will be also viewed by the king of Mustang, Jigme Parwar Bista.

Though Nepal abolished monarchy in 2008 and subsequently withdrew the royal titles given to the former rulers of principalities, the former Mustang king is still revered by his people as their ruler.
Tom Landon, who co-produced the documentary with Vance's friend Jenna Swann, told the Buddhist Channel why they chose to make it: 'To tell the story of the connection between the Blue Ridge (in the US) and the Himalayas and, really, just to tell a good story that will make people curious about these wonderful people and the lives they lead.'

The documentary, which the makers hope will act as a bridge between the west and the east, is also associated with the exorcising of two tragedies.

The team is carrying to Jomsom a load of precious supplies: reading glasses, collapsible water carriers, solar and crank flashlights, retractable kitchen knives, sewing kits, birthing kits, and more.

These have been gifted by a Virginia family whose daughter Morgan Harrington, a student of Vance at the university, went missing in October 2009 while attending a concert.

The documentary also remembers the 33 people who were killed in the worst-ever school shooting incident in the US.

On April 16, 2007, a Virginia Tech student killed 32 people and then shot himself.

A sequence from 'A gift for the village' shows a moving memorial held in Jomsom to commemorate the dead and wounded from that tragic day.

(Sudeshna Sarkar can be contacted at sudeshna.s@ians.in)

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1966 on: June 30, 2010, 06:47:11 AM »

Justice for Morgan!

~ Peter Frampton
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1967 on: June 30, 2010, 09:40:09 PM »

Thanks Trimm for all you do. Justice for Morgan
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 07:33:18 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

2 4 1
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1968 on: June 30, 2010, 10:15:22 PM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog
Gil Harrington’s thoughts from June 30, 2010
  On June - 30 - 2010ADD COMMENTS

I have spent a lot of time these last 8! months contemplating secrets. Some secrets are information intentionally withheld; other secrets are hidden by happenstance or coincidence. A tricky one is the secret we keep from ourselves because we kind of see it but know it is ugly and cannot bear to confront it – yet.

A really great way to conceal something and keep it secret is to hide it in plain sight. I did this often with Morgan and Alex’s gifts at Christmas. The kids were masters at searching out presents that I had carefully hidden and squirreled away. Eventually, I learned that the best place to hide secret things is in plain sight where they could be easily overlooked, seemingly obvious spots where they blended in and their edges were a little blurry but not fully hidden or obscured. Those definitely were the most successful hiding places.

This is just how the murderer(s) in Charlottesville are escaping detection, by hiding in plain sight. They are a little off, their edges blurred, but they are passable if you only glance quickly and then look away. When a predator is walking among you, hiding in plain sight, you cannot be so inattentive. You must be alert and aware and really evaluating everyone around you. Always have an exit strategy in place. When the hairs on your neck raise and your skin starts to crawl take note, get out, call the police, and we’ll have him.
I believe that secrets have a season, like fruit. The secret of who killed Morgan Harrington is ready to be plucked and broken open. It is so cloyingly over ripe that it is starting to smell.

2 4 1

~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1969 on: July 01, 2010, 10:17:09 AM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/07/01/morgan-harrington-murder-breaking-news-virginia-state-police-to-announce-link-to-fairfax-case/

Morgan Harrington Murder Breaking News: Virginia State Police To Announce Link to Fairfax Case
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1970 on: July 01, 2010, 11:47:40 AM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/07/01/morgan-harrington-murder-breaking-news-virginia-state-police-to-announce-link-to-fairfax-case/

Morgan Harrington Murder Breaking News: Virginia State Police To Announce Link to Fairfax Case

Wow, thank-you.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1971 on: July 01, 2010, 12:09:08 PM »

What happened? I get a blank page.

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1972 on: July 01, 2010, 12:16:59 PM »

Never mind, I got it. It would really surprise me if this is related. Not the same MO in my opinion. I would love to be wrong, and they have something.

2 4 1
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1973 on: July 01, 2010, 12:27:53 PM »

It will be interesting to see what they have if they hold a press conference today.

I feel this is someone impersonating LE or maybe a rent a cop or security somewhere (like the arena in C'ville)  and now in the summer has a job in the Fairfax area.  Interesting to say the least.

Prays to both girl's families.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1974 on: July 01, 2010, 01:05:05 PM »

There is another big development on a new article that Blink just posted.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1975 on: July 01, 2010, 02:39:32 PM »

Fairfax assault suspect linked to Va. Tech student's murder

July 1, 2010
By Rex Bowman

State investigators trying to solve the murder of Roanoke County woman Morgan Harrington said today they have linked her case to the 2005 unsolved abduction and assault of another woman in Fairfax County.

In a written statement, Virginia State Police said: "In September 2005, a Fairfax woman was abducted and sexually assaulted and City of Fairfax Police detectives were able to create a composite sketch based on the victim’s description of the suspect. However, the suspect may have changed his appearance over the course of the past five years."

Police said they linked the case to Harrington’s murder through forensic evidence.

According to a Sept. 27, 2005 article in the Washington Post, the Fairfax case involved a 26-year-old woman who was sexually assaulted as she walked home from a nearby grocery store.

The woman told police she was walking in the 3700 block of Jermantown Road after she left the store about 10 p.m. when a man grabbed her, dragged her to a wooded area and assaulted her, police said at the time.

The man fled when a passerby came upon the attack, according to the newspaper account.

Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student, disappeared from a Metallica concert in Charlottesville on Oct. 17. Her body was found Jan. 26 in a remote field of an Albemarle County farm, about 10 miles south of the arena where the concert was held.

Virginia State Police have said they suspect Harrington’s killer is someone intimately familiar with the Anchorage Farm area where her body found.

http://hamptonroads.com/node/560641

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1976 on: July 01, 2010, 03:19:42 PM »

Fairfax assault suspect linked to Va. Tech student's murder

July 1, 2010
By Rex Bowman

State investigators trying to solve the murder of Roanoke County woman Morgan Harrington said today they have linked her case to the 2005 unsolved abduction and assault of another woman in Fairfax County.

In a written statement, Virginia State Police said: "In September 2005, a Fairfax woman was abducted and sexually assaulted and City of Fairfax Police detectives were able to create a composite sketch based on the victim’s description of the suspect. However, the suspect may have changed his appearance over the course of the past five years."

Police said they linked the case to Harrington’s murder through forensic evidence.

According to a Sept. 27, 2005 article in the Washington Post, the Fairfax case involved a 26-year-old woman who was sexually assaulted as she walked home from a nearby grocery store.

The woman told police she was walking in the 3700 block of Jermantown Road after she left the store about 10 p.m. when a man grabbed her, dragged her to a wooded area and assaulted her, police said at the time.

The man fled when a passerby came upon the attack, according to the newspaper account.

Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student, disappeared from a Metallica concert in Charlottesville on Oct. 17. Her body was found Jan. 26 in a remote field of an Albemarle County farm, about 10 miles south of the arena where the concert was held.

Virginia State Police have said they suspect Harrington’s killer is someone intimately familiar with the Anchorage Farm area where her body found.

http://hamptonroads.com/node/560641

Thank you for this article Nutt44x4.  That answers a few questions I had.  Obviously he singles out women out at night walking alone.  Since 2005 it appears he added a vehicle to the equation, thereby getting Morgan to the Hall's farm land.

One has to wonder how many other vics there maybe of his.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1977 on: July 01, 2010, 03:43:13 PM »

I am gouing to lock up and change threads now because it may take a while for my post to go through..... downtime on the server and all...

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1978 on: July 01, 2010, 03:45:16 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7014.0

we can bring the new info over to the new thread...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.