March 18, 2024, 11:37:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748517 times)
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #220 on: November 04, 2009, 09:08:38 PM »

Yes the statement from her brother is strange, and I have seen a website and pic of him with comments that he made before his sister disappeared, and he certainly is a free spirit. I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to link it, so that is why I didn't.
Well, please tell me what he said. I am just a nosy bee at the moment. 
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #221 on: November 04, 2009, 09:20:58 PM »

Yes the statement from her brother is strange, and I have seen a website and pic of him with comments that he made before his sister disappeared, and he certainly is a free spirit. I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to link it, so that is why I didn't.
Well, please tell me what he said. I am just a nosy bee at the moment. 
Me too!

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: November 04, 2009, 09:25:56 PM »

http://www.nbc12.com/global/story.asp?s=11376649

FBI joins search for missing VT student
Posted: Oct 24, 2009 7:57 AM PDT Updated: Oct 24, 2009 9:30 AM PDT

From NBC12 News

CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA (NBC12) - It's been a week since Virginia Tech student, Morgan Harrington went missing and now the FBI is part of that search.   

The bureau will be able to investigate tips from around the country.   

Harrington went missing last Saturday night after a Metallica concert in Charlottesville.   

This morning the 20-year-old's parents were on the Today show.   

Her mother explained a chilliing statement their son Alex made about his sister.

"He said Morgan has a purpose in this world and Morgan is so special that whoever took her is going to keep her around for a while," said Gil Harrignton. "So please, let Morgan go, no questions asked, let her come home to us."   

Right now there is a $100 thousand reward for any information that leads to her safe return.   

If you know anything call the tip line at 434-352-3467.
BUMPED

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #223 on: November 04, 2009, 09:30:27 PM »

Just seemed like a very odd statement to make, but not knowing him maybe that is a normal thing to say, just seemed out there to me.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #224 on: November 04, 2009, 09:39:32 PM »

It's no telling what kind of craziness would come out of my mouth in a time like that, but it comes across so creepy
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #225 on: November 04, 2009, 09:43:13 PM »

It's no telling what kind of craziness would come out of my mouth in a time like that, but it comes across so creepy
Here is a link to Morgan's brother, he is definitely a free spirit.           http://www.papermag.com/blogs/2008/09/cornered_style_alex_jordan_har.php
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #226 on: November 04, 2009, 09:50:06 PM »

Just some perspective on the friend thing .... I know myself, back in college was downtown one night...under the influence, but not wasted ... long story shgort..the next morning my friend calls me from MY house.  We got separated, (I was talking to a guy I was interested in..) she had my keys, I went home with him and she basically had no way home but to take my car, well she called from MY house.  Luckily for me, my mom was not awake and didnt know (hence I live to tell about this..)  I imediately told her to get out before my mom got up and come get me.  She did, luckily no one was the wiser, stupid yes!   Point I am trying to make is one, the friends could be telling LE more than they are telling the parents.  IMO she left the concert, planning to get back in with some one she trusted and some one the "friends" had no reason to worry about.  Hence the kiss on the check, they were maybe, maybe not going to see each other later or at least when time to head back home.  Not a wise move, like bullet proof teenagers do, but no cause for worry to them probably.  Just speaking from past experience and watching my 19 year old step daughter every weekend.  they think just because they have seen some one once before or with so-in-so, they are "ok".  JMO...

I think the friends have told LE as much as they can.  Personally, I think they are better off not speaking to Joe public and hitting the media circuit if its not really going to help find her, doesnt mean necessarilly they are "hiding" something from any one on purpose but possibly her parents.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #227 on: November 04, 2009, 09:53:56 PM »

Here is a link to Morgan's brother, he is definitely a free spirit.           http://www.papermag.com/blogs/2008/09/cornered_style_alex_jordan_har.php

Oh my.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #228 on: November 04, 2009, 09:54:47 PM »

Jennifer34  you sure could be right, and it is best for them to not go on show after show. And when you are that age, I guess you just don't think that something bad is going to happen, you are out for a fun night, and you aren't thinking something like this will happen.

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #229 on: November 04, 2009, 10:03:17 PM »

Just some perspective on the friend thing .... I know myself, back in college was downtown one night...under the influence, but not wasted ... long story shgort..the next morning my friend calls me from MY house.  We got separated, (I was talking to a guy I was interested in..) she had my keys, I went home with him and she basically had no way home but to take my car, well she called from MY house.  Luckily for me, my mom was not awake and didnt know (hence I live to tell about this..)  I imediately told her to get out before my mom got up and come get me.  She did, luckily no one was the wiser, stupid yes!   Point I am trying to make is one, the friends could be telling LE more than they are telling the parents.  IMO she left the concert, planning to get back in with some one she trusted and some one the "friends" had no reason to worry about.  Hence the kiss on the check, they were maybe, maybe not going to see each other later or at least when time to head back home.  Not a wise move, like bullet proof teenagers do, but no cause for worry to them probably.  Just speaking from past experience and watching my 19 year old step daughter every weekend.  they think just because they have seen some one once before or with so-in-so, they are "ok".  JMO...

I think the friends have told LE as much as they can.  Personally, I think they are better off not speaking to Joe public and hitting the media circuit if its not really going to help find her, doesnt mean necessarilly they are "hiding" something from any one on purpose but possibly her parents.

First of all  young lady............!!  Glad you're still here with the story to tell, i think we all had some wild times   
The only thing with not telling the public the real facts is that ppl. spin their wheels on a partial story or timeline, but if it helps find her or maybe gives the perp a false sense of security it's worth it
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #230 on: November 04, 2009, 10:03:22 PM »

You are absolutely right NR.  Just last night my step daughter went thru the car wash, her bumper was already slightly messed up (her dad had told her NOT to go thru a car wash for that reason.., not thinking, did any way)  Gets out and the bumper is pulled waaay out and gets help from some person that was vaccuming there car.  Luckily ok, but an easy target for some one had they have been a not ok person.  She is a smart and very beautiful girl and might as well have a bulls eye on her head for a predator.  I preach to her all the time and she does listen, no matter how many times you try to tell them, safety in numbers..... they are still "bullet proof" in their minds. 
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #231 on: November 04, 2009, 10:09:34 PM »

TY, now I get what u meant. I will not say a word.
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #232 on: November 04, 2009, 10:09:34 PM »

I agree Mizjay on both counts!!  I look back sometimes and think, what was I thinking?  Walking from a frat party as not to drink and drive in the absolute worse possible neighborhood ....  so fortunate to not be one of the many missing.  I guess that's why these cases hit me so hard.  You know at that age, you just dont get that your inhibitions are lower sometimes.  Its all about the fun at the moment, or perhaps that was just me and my bunch and I didnt think we were wild.     and yes that was 20 years ago. ...
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #233 on: November 04, 2009, 10:18:40 PM »

Didnt mean to post twice, just trying not to loose my post, I am not sure how to delete it now, surely a mod can take care of that for me.   sorry...

Fixed.  MB
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 12:28:49 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #234 on: November 04, 2009, 10:19:18 PM »

I agree Mizjay on both counts!!  I look back sometimes and think, what was I thinking?  Walking from a frat party as not to drink and drive in the absolute worse possible neighborhood ....  so fortunate to not be one of the many missing.  I guess that's why these cases hit me so hard.  You know at that age, you just dont get that your inhibitions are lower sometimes.  Its all about the fun at the moment, or perhaps that was just me and my bunch and I didnt think we were wild.     and yes that was 20 years ago. ...
After being here at SM I'm almost amazed that I'm still in one piece and breathing air! These cases tear me up because I remember the feeling of being so carefree and trusting. I wish the biggest fear that Morgan could've faced was her parents being angry. So sad.
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #235 on: November 04, 2009, 10:37:07 PM »

exactly Mizjay!
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #236 on: November 04, 2009, 11:00:31 PM »

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/local/article/state_police_searching_near_construction_site_in_missing_vt_student_case/59927/
State Police search near construction site finds nothing missing VT student case
5:50 p.m.

Our NBC affiliate WVIR 29 reports the search is over, and police did not find anything connected with the Harrington case.

I could be totally wrong, but I do not think Morgan is in Charlottesville, and I know they say they confirmed the bridge sighting, but I just do not buy it. I have 2 nieces,  Morgan look-alikes skinny, tall, blonde and spindly, from a distance or in a flash they all look the same.

The bridge thing doesn't sound right to me.Actually a lot of this doesn't sound right.
Blink,I don't think this is gonna end well,is it?   

O Trimm,

No, I do not think this will be an Elizabeth Smart ending. Sadly, I would LOVE to be wrong. Which is not to say that Ms. Smart was not horribly violated, I am just pointing out the fact that at the end of the day, her parents got her back.

My heart so sunk today at the sight of Mrs. Harrington, in her heart, she knows, and that is a burden no parent should ever bear.
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #237 on: November 04, 2009, 11:31:18 PM »

an angelic monkey Praying for a miracle.
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #238 on: November 05, 2009, 01:13:09 AM »

I found this post on Find Morgan Face Book discussion....

Post #1John Taylor (Washington, DC) wrote22 hours ago
There is a row of porta-potties at the bottom of the hill leading up to the bridge.

Certainly, one scenario would be that after staying outside wondering around the parking lots that she decided to use the bathroom and was attacked there.

As nasty as it sounds, does anyone know if the potty portions of those units have been searched for both Morgan and/or evidence? Did anyone see the police or dogs thoroughly searching them?

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: November 05, 2009, 08:41:01 AM »

http://www2.newsadvance.com/lna/news/state_regional/article/parents_of_missing_virginia_tech_student_plea_for_ground_search_volunteers/21084/

Parents of missing Virginia Tech student plea for ground search volunteers
Published: November 5, 2009
The family of Morgan D. Harrington is seeking volunteers to redouble the efforts to locate the Virginia Tech student who disappeared Oct. 17 after leaving the John Paul Jones Arena.

Harrington’s parents were in town Wednesday along with the father of returned abductee Elizabeth Smart to announce a new ground search on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

“It’s augmenting what [authorities] are doing,” the missing woman’s father, Dan Harrington of Roanoke, said.

The effort will be organized by the Laura Recovery Center for missing children, a Texas-based nonprofit.

Vest-clad volunteers will execute a grid search over ground the Virginia State Police and other law-enforcement agencies have already covered.

“Searchers can go over an area three times before they find something,” Ed Smart said.
Hundreds of tips, but few clues

Police have been following up on hundreds of tips, but so far have only managed to corroborate Morgan Harrington’s location as far as a bridge on Copeley Road, where she was at about 9:30 p.m.

On Wednesday evening, Virginia State Police officers, police dogs and search and rescue teams combed property near the State Farm Insurance Co. campus on Pantops, checking out a tip regarding Harrington.

They found nothing, but state police Lt. Ann Barber said investigators plan on checking every tip that comes in.

“At this point, this is our priority. We’re going back and relooking at tips,” she said. “We’re deploying all of our resources. If you get an idea, we’ll look at it.”

Officers from the state police, the University of Virginia Police Department, Albemarle County Police Department and Albemarle County Sheriff’s Office searched the area, Barber said.

The search began after a phone call that described a suspicious vehicle that was in the area around the time of Harrington’s disappearance. “A vehicle looked wrong to someone,” Barber said. “It looked out of place and that made someone suspicious, so we searched the area. We’re not taking anything for granted.”

Also Wednesday, Harrington’s mother, Gil, reached out to her daughter, asking her to hold on, and asked her captor to release her.

“You try to program your kids with enough wisdom and strength that when they are on the dark side of the moon and not receiving messages from you, that they know to come home,” she said after Wednesday’s news conference.
Police haven’t released any evidence pointing toward abduction, but Harrington’s family is convinced that it is the most likely scenario.

Dan Harrington said he thinks his daughter’s abductor is likely still in the Charlottesville area.

Her mother added that seeing young blonde women jogging in the area from which her daughter disappeared made her nervous for them.
‘Members of the club that no one wants to join’

Ed Smart came into the picture after Dan Harrington called him. Harrington said he admired the strength and dignity with which Smart’s family weathered Elizabeth’s abduction in Utah.

Elizabeth was 14 when she was taken at knifepoint on June 5, 2002, from her Salt Lake City home. She was found alive in March 2003.

Ed Smart and Dan Harrington have become “members of the club that no one wants to join,” they said.

Smart has been able to help the Harrington family cope with their ordeal, Dan Harrington said.

Smart said he now occasionally speaks with families of the abducted.

In preparation for the new search, there will be a meeting for volunteers at 7 p.m. today at the Cavalier Inn. Searches will take place near JPJ on Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings, and volunteers unable to make the Thursday meeting are still welcome.

The reward for information leading to Harrington is now more than $150,000. That includes $50,000 from Metallica, the band that was playing the arena the night Harrington disappeared.
Harrington is 5-feet-6-inches tall, weighs about 120 pounds, is blonde with blue eyes and was last seen wearing a black T-shirt with “Pantera” written on the front in tan letters, a black miniskirt, black tights and boots.

Police are asking anyone with information to call 352-3435 or e-mail bci-ap pomattox@vsp.virginia.gov .

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.