March 19, 2024, 01:38:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748546 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2009, 01:11:16 PM »

I've been following the reports, too. Oh, please God, let this be her!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2009, 01:12:17 PM »

so true,NRCG.Kids always have secrets. 
I hope they find her alive. 
     They sure do
crazybabyborg
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2009, 01:21:45 PM »

There is also a video at this link.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m10d23-Witness-who-spoke-to-Morgan-Harrington-prior-to-disappearance-comes-forward-video

Witness who spoke to Morgan Harrington prior to disappearance comes forward (video)
October 23, 4:30 PMCrime ExaminerCindy Adams

Dave Gardner, a University of Virginia graduate told WDBJ that he spoke to missing Morgan Harrington, 20, prior to her disappearance.

“It was definitely her, I’m 100 percent certain of that,” said Gardner.

Gardner travelled from New Jersey to see the Metallic concert in Charlottesville. He said Morgan seemed excited to see the show and was anxious to get into the venue.

Morgan, a Virginia Tech student, vanished during the concert on Saturday night.

Gardner said he spoke to the both Morgan and the group she was with, and no one appeared to be drinking. After the concert, he noticed that Morgan was not in the car she and friends had arrived in.

Authorities say that around 8:30 p.m., Morgan left the concert to have a cigarette outside the venue, but left her ticket inside. It’s believed she was not allowed to reenter the concert arena. Morgan reportedly called a friend between 8:30 and 9 p.m. after she was denied reentry.

Morgan is described as having blonde hair and blue eyes, 5-foot-6, 120 lbs., and was last seen wearing a black 'Pantera' t-shirt with a black skirt, and black boots.

To see photos of Morgan, click here.

A tip line has been established for anyone with information that may help officials find Morgan. The number to call is 1-434-352-3467. This phone line will be manned 24 hours a day. Emails can also be sent to bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov.

I wondered when I first heard of this case if she had gone outside for a cigarette before the concert. I used to smoke, and that would have been typical behavior for me too. I'm sorry, but I can't help but be angry they wouldn't let her back in. I know the reasons, I know there has to be rules, I know it was her decision and her mistake, but I just keep looking at the consequences.   

CBB, I understand the reason for the rules also, but in the times we are living in I think they need to rethink some of those rules. There is no excuse, in my mind, for leaving a lone female outside alone, even in a well lighted plaza.

Hi SuzieQ!   

The rules were put there so that people couldn't leave the arena, go to a car or somewhere, take drugs or drink, and then come back in. There's a flaw in that logic, IMO.

Anybody could engage in that behavior just before entering the arena initially. Some sort of assessment is made at that time to allow them entrance, right? Isn't that the exact circumstance that would exist upon re-entry? If someone presented themselves as too high to be in public in either case, then police should be called. If they appear OK, then let them in! Yes, it's more work, but my God, look at these circumstances!
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2009, 01:23:09 PM »

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/65900257.html
Updated: 12:47 PM Oct 24, 2009
Police Focus On Motel In Search For Missing VT Student
Charlottesville, VA
Police shut down access to the Comfort Inn motel at I-64 and Route 250 in Charlottesville Saturday morning and confirmed they were looking for Morgan Harrington.

Acting on a tip, police shut down access to the Comfort Inn motel at I-64 and Route 250 in Charlottesville Saturday morning and confirmed they were looking for Morgan Harrington.

Harrington is the Virginia Tech student who disappeared last Saturday while attending a Metallica concert at John Paul Jones Arena at the University of Virginia.

As of about 10 a.m. Saturday, October 24th, the access road to the motel on a hilltop was blocked off by police with UVA, State and Albemarle County authorities all on scene.

Police sources said they were concerned with a parking lot in front of the motel, right off 250, but not the building itself.
  Thanks, I've been following just not posting, I was reading that she was combative and maybe was drunk or on drugs, IF that is the case, and I surely have no idea, maybe she angered someone and they took it out on her? Just trying to figure out different things. I've been to many, many concerts and at that age, I would find it hard to believe that some drinks or drugs weren't taken, at a Metallica concert. Or, maybe she had a boyfriend that she was meeting up with, yes she is close to her family, but parents are not told everything. I sure hope her parents and friends get answers soon.  an angelic monkey

No Rose, not saying you didn't read it somewhere, but I have tried to read all the articles on this case and haven't seen anything like that.
This arena is on the campus of the University of Virginia and the universitys' and schools in Virginia are very, very strict.  I'm sure that the University police would have arrested anyone they thought was drunk or high.

2 4 1
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2009, 01:27:50 PM »

terek55 RT @hanchettjim: Police confirm investigating tip about Morgan Harrington near Comfort Inn at 64/250 intersection. CBS 19 on scene...   14 minutes ago from HootSuite

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2009, 01:30:47 PM »

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/65900257.html
Updated: 12:47 PM Oct 24, 2009
Police Focus On Motel In Search For Missing VT Student
Charlottesville, VA
Police shut down access to the Comfort Inn motel at I-64 and Route 250 in Charlottesville Saturday morning and confirmed they were looking for Morgan Harrington.

Acting on a tip, police shut down access to the Comfort Inn motel at I-64 and Route 250 in Charlottesville Saturday morning and confirmed they were looking for Morgan Harrington.

Harrington is the Virginia Tech student who disappeared last Saturday while attending a Metallica concert at John Paul Jones Arena at the University of Virginia.

As of about 10 a.m. Saturday, October 24th, the access road to the motel on a hilltop was blocked off by police with UVA, State and Albemarle County authorities all on scene.

Police sources said they were concerned with a parking lot in front of the motel, right off 250, but not the building itself.
  Thanks, I've been following just not posting, I was reading that she was combative and maybe was drunk or on drugs, IF that is the case, and I surely have no idea, maybe she angered someone and they took it out on her? Just trying to figure out different things. I've been to many, many concerts and at that age, I would find it hard to believe that some drinks or drugs weren't taken, at a Metallica concert. Or, maybe she had a boyfriend that she was meeting up with, yes she is close to her family, but parents are not told everything. I sure hope her parents and friends get answers soon.  an angelic monkey

No Rose, not saying you didn't read it somewhere, but I have tried to read all the articles on this case and haven't seen anything like that.
This arena is on the campus of the University of Virginia and the universitys' and schools in Virginia are very, very strict.  I'm sure that the University police would have arrested anyone they thought was drunk or high.
I believe it was on WS that I read an account from a couple that were there that evening, and helped her up when she had fallen, let me go see and I will bring it over. I have no idea if this is true or not, just saying that this was called into police.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2009, 01:33:28 PM »

Morgan Sighted At Concert
« on: October 23, 2009, 04:22:18 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I am about to post has already been called into the tip line last night. My daughter and her husband went to the Metallica concert last Saturday night. They first noticed Morgan because she was standing in the stands and she was turned around taking pictures either with a camera or cell phone of people my daughter assumed she was with. Anyway she caught their attention because Morgan was standing in part of the seating that is very high up and a fall would have been not good. They were afraid she would fall. Later my daughter got kinda sick on the stomach because of the extreamly high seating and decided to go down closer to the main floor. Daughter spent the rest of the concert standing near one of the curtains by one of the passage ways to the stands. About 10 minutes before Metallica came on they seen Morgan again. This time Morgan fell flat on her face right in front of my daughter and son in law. She fell and hit her nose, My daughter and son in law helped her get to her feet. They report that this girl was stoned so bad she could not talk. They kept asking her if she was okay and she could not answer them. They told me that they didn't know if it was drugs or alcohol, they assumed that maybe is was pot she was on. After a few minutes Morgan turned and left through the curtain and out towards the hallways. That's it. My daughter is 100% positive that this girl was Morgan. She described the clothing to a "T" and I think it was Wednesday that she saw a picture of Morgan and they both said that this is the same girl that fell in front of them. They also said the Morgan did not appear to be with anyone at that time.
     Like I said, I read this, have no idea whether this is true or not.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2009, 01:47:42 PM »

http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=11376757

Morning Search Finds no Clues in Harrington Case
Posted: Oct 24, 2009 10:41 AM PDT Updated: Oct 24, 2009 10:41 AM PDT

Police spent much of the morning checking out a tip in the disappearance of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington at a Pantops hotel, but nothing significant was found. State Police spokesperson Corrine Geller tells NBC29's Henry Graff that they received a phone tip that led them to the Comfort Inn at the intersection of US 250 and I-64 in Albemarle County. Geller tells us the search in that area was routine procedure after getting such a tip, but that no signifcant clues were found in the case.

Stay with NBC29 and nbc29.com for the latest details on the search.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2009, 01:47:46 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569388,00.html?test=latestnews
Motel Shut Down After Report of Missing Virginia Tech Student Sighting

Saturday, October 24, 2009
 Virginia State Police, acting on a reported sighting of a missing Virginia Tech student, shut down access to a motel in Charlottesville on Saturday, though the tip has yet to lead police to announce a break in the case.

The access road to the Comfort Inn at I-64 and Route 250 was blocked about 10 a.m. as state police followed up on a lead in the disappearance of Morgan Harrington. Harrington, 20, was last seen Oct. 17 outside a Metallica concert she'd attended with friends.

State police confirmed to Fox News that they were at the hilltop motel acting on a tip but said there was "nothing to it so far."

Police sources told CBS 19 that they were focusing on a parking lot in front of the motel after reports came in that Harrington had been spotted in the area.
Harrington vanished last Saturday night after getting separated from her friends at the concert at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville.

She left the John Paul Jones Arena to go to the bathroom, wound up outside somehow and wasn't allowed back in because of the venue's re-entry policy.
She phoned her friends about 9:30 p.m. that night to tell them she was leaving. No one has seen or heard from her since.

Meanwhile, the FBI has joined the search for Harrington.

Virginia State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said Friday the FBI will be able to investigate tips from around the country in the disappearance of the junior from Roanoke.

Montgomery County Sheriff Tommy Whitt says the task force investigating the killings of two Virginia Tech students in August checked for similarities with Harrington's case. He says they've found no connection between Harrington and the couple killed in the Jefferson National Forest.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2009, 01:49:18 PM »

terek55 RT @hanchettjim: Police confirm investigating tip about Morgan Harrington near Comfort Inn at 64/250 intersection. CBS 19 on scene...   14 minutes ago from HootSuite

trimm, i am twitter-stoopid.

do you have a working link to that?  tia.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2009, 01:50:15 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I am about to post has already been called into the tip line last night. My daughter and her husband went to the Metallica concert last Saturday night. They first noticed Morgan because she was standing in the stands and she was turned around taking pictures either with a camera or cell phone of people my daughter assumed she was with. Anyway she caught their attention because Morgan was standing in part of the seating that is very high up and a fall would have been not good. They were afraid she would fall. Later my daughter got kinda sick on the stomach because of the extreamly high seating and decided to go down closer to the main floor. Daughter spent the rest of the concert standing near one of the curtains by one of the passage ways to the stands. About 10 minutes before Metallica came on they seen Morgan again. This time Morgan fell flat on her face right in front of my daughter and son in law. She fell and hit her nose, My daughter and son in law helped her get to her feet. They report that this girl was stoned so bad she could not talk. They kept asking her if she was okay and she could not answer them. They told me that they didn't know if it was drugs or alcohol, they assumed that maybe is was pot she was on. After a few minutes Morgan turned and left through the curtain and out towards the hallways. That's it. My daughter is 100% positive that this girl was Morgan. She described the clothing to a "T" and I think it was Wednesday that she saw a picture of Morgan and they both said that this is the same girl that fell in front of them. They also said the Morgan did not appear to be with anyone at that time.

No Rose it never ceases to amaze me that people would insert themself into a case like this. But, again nothing surprizes me anymore. Don't know where this woman's daughter was ha ha, but it doesn't sound like John Paul Jones Arena to me. And yes I have been there.

2 4 1
crazybabyborg
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2009, 01:50:20 PM »

http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=11376757

Morning Search Finds no Clues in Harrington Case
Posted: Oct 24, 2009 10:41 AM PDT Updated: Oct 24, 2009 10:41 AM PDT

Police spent much of the morning checking out a tip in the disappearance of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington at a Pantops hotel, but nothing significant was found. State Police spokesperson Corrine Geller tells NBC29's Henry Graff that they received a phone tip that led them to the Comfort Inn at the intersection of US 250 and I-64 in Albemarle County. Geller tells us the search in that area was routine procedure after getting such a tip, but that no signifcant clues were found in the case.

Stay with NBC29 and nbc29.com for the latest details on the search.

Thanks Klaas. I was so hoping this was a significant development.   
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2009, 01:50:30 PM »

"State Police confirm they are searching an area near a Charlottesville motel in connection with the disappearance of Morgan Harrington.   Authorities tell News 7 they are following up on a tip at the Comfort Inn near the intersection of Interstate 64 and route 250.

WCAV, the CBS affiliate in Charlottesville, tells us a section around the hotel has been closed off since this morning. The reporter at the scene says police are dusting for finger prints and focused on a truck in the motel parking lot.

Check back here for updates."

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11376755

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2009, 01:50:45 PM »

Thanks,Klaas.   

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2009, 01:50:52 PM »

EmailPrintText SizePossible Witness Comes Forward
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 12:47 PM PDT
Updated: Oct 23, 2009 2:02 PM PDT
Featured Videos
  New Clues In Harrington Case
 We have new details on the search for Morgan Harrington. A grandmother from the Richmond area says she was in the parking lot of John Paul Jones Arena the night Morgan disappeared. What she saw could be a clue to unraveling the mystery of what happened.

This story is chilling. This grandmother says she saw a young woman and a young man physically struggling with one another, and the young woman looked a lot like Morgan. The grandmother wants to remain anonymous for her own safety.

She called police Monday night after she saw Harrington’s picture on the news. She says the fight unfolded behind her car parked outside the John Paul Jones Arena the night Metallica took the stage. At about 9:30, the same time police say Morgan Harrington had still been on the arena grounds, the woman pulled into a parking space to pick up her son and grandson from the show. That's when she says a loud noise startled her.

"I heard them being very loud and it sounded like maybe like she got smacked or something. The two people were in like a hand lock she had her hands on his arm and he had his hands on her arm pushing back and forth."

The woman says the girl started walking back toward the arena and the young man headed for the road, but ran back to the girl. She says the girl looked just like Morgan and it appeared the couple knew each other. The woman only had a vague description of the young man she saw.

Crimestoppers has announced a $100,000 reward for information leading to the whereabouts of Morgan Harrington, that reward should be official by Monday. If you have any information about this case, call the tip line at 434-352-3467 .
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2009, 01:53:04 PM »

No Rose it never ceases to amaze me that people would insert themself into a case like this. But, again nothing surprizes me anymore. Don't know where this woman's daughter was ha ha, but it doesn't sound like John Paul Jones Arena to me. And yes I have been there.
  Please, I want to apologize if I upset you, that is not my intentions, and I certainly am not implying that this beautiful young lady was intoxicated that evening, I just was reading on different forums that I belong to, and saw this, and some other info as well. I do pray they find Morgan safe  an angelic monkey
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2009, 02:03:51 PM »

Here ya go.   an angelic monkey
http://twitter.com/search?q=morgan%20harrington

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2009, 02:10:54 PM »

Thanks, Trimm, you are our little twitter girl. I signed up and I don't get the twittering either Jill, so I depend on Trimm and others for the twitter updates.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2009, 02:29:25 PM »

No Rose you didn't upset me. I'm too old to get upset. I just don't understand the motives of some people, like that woman on ws. Here is a picture of John Paul Jones Arena so people maybe will get an idea of the area we are talking about.

2 4 1
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2009, 02:31:21 PM »

thanks, trimm.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.