March 18, 2024, 11:00:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748510 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #480 on: November 12, 2009, 03:03:53 PM »

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/69854337.html
Posted: 11:34 AM Nov 12, 2009
Harringtons Appear on "Dr. Phil"
The parents of missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington are asking people across the county for help to find her.
The parents of missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington are asking people across the county for help.

Gil and Dan Harrington appeared on "Dr. Phil" Thursday morning.

Harrington, 20, was last seen on Oct. 17 in Charlottesville. She was attending a Metallica concert.

The Harringtons shared details about the last night Morgan was seen.

They also talked about what it's been like living with the possibility that Morgan may never be found.

"At the same time that we are trying to deal with the immensity of what has happened to us, we're trying in a parallel way to prepare ourselves for the idea that our daughter may not only have been abducted but also murdered," says Gil Harrington.

"W are determined not to let ourselves become victims and not let the person who did this have more power over us than what has already occurred," says Dan Harrington.

There is a $150,000 reward in this case. If you have any information that can help, you're asked to call 434-352-3467.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #481 on: November 12, 2009, 03:06:08 PM »

So now we have two UVA basketball players that are having "personal issues".  Assane Sene has been suspended for 3 games:

http://www.mydailyprogress.com/index.php/whiteysworld/2009/11/

Saturday, November 07, 2009
Sene suspended

In Friday’s paper, we reported that Virginia big man Assane Sene had missed practice on Thursday for “personal reasons.“
Now, we find out there is a little more to that.
Sene has been suspended for the first three games of the season, according to Virginia coach Tony Bennett.

So Jamil Tucker is needing to take care of "personal matters" and Assane Sene missed practice for "personal reasons".

I'm not saying it means anything, I just find it very odd.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #482 on: November 12, 2009, 03:08:48 PM »

Thanks Klaas. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #483 on: November 12, 2009, 03:10:25 PM »

Wow, running to read the new article now.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #484 on: November 12, 2009, 03:13:04 PM »

Very interesting Blink, thanks 
MunkeyMunk
Scared Monkey

MONAVIE- Drink it. Feel it. Share it.

« Reply #485 on: November 12, 2009, 03:29:35 PM »

yes, thank you our dear Blink..I will be watching your comments on your site...
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #486 on: November 12, 2009, 03:39:25 PM »

So now we have two UVA basketball players that are having "personal issues".  Assane Sene has been suspended for 3 games:

Sene suspended

In Friday’s paper, we reported that Virginia big man Assane Sene had missed practice on Thursday for “personal reasons.“
Sene has been suspended for the first three games of the season, according to Virginia coach Tony Bennett.

So Jamil Tucker is needing to take care of "personal matters" and Assane Sene missed practice for "personal reasons".

Thanks, Klaas & Blink!
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #487 on: November 12, 2009, 05:09:45 PM »

Sene suspended

Thanks, Klaas & Blink!

Ditto on the thanks to Klaas and Blink!

A little late on this question (and I know I said I wasn't asking anymore but..)  wonder if there were any fingerprints besides hers on her purse, assuming any could be retrieved?
Wish we knew what the convo was reported between the players and Morgan, however it doesn't appear that the players themselves admitted to talking with her, only witnesses saw them talking. Interesting coincidence regarding the players in Blink's article. Hope it leads to something or leads to new leads.                                                                                                                                                                         
crazybabyborg
« Reply #488 on: November 12, 2009, 07:08:33 PM »

I really hope that this most recent news will provide some clues. I don't know the Harringtons, but work with a consultant who has met them and has mutual business associates. She tells me that Morgan's Mother, particularly, is having a very hard time with this. According to her, the Father is a genuinely nice and gentle soul, and that they are a lovely family. My heart goes out to them and prayers go out for Morgan's safety. It doesn't look encouraging, IMO. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #489 on: November 12, 2009, 07:13:57 PM »

I really hope that this most recent news will provide some clues. I don't know the Harringtons, but work with a consultant who has met them and has mutual business associates. She tells me that Morgan's Mother, particularly, is having a very hard time with this. According to her, the Father is a genuinely nice and gentle soul, and that they are a lovely family. My heart goes out to them and prayers go out for Morgan's safety. It doesn't look encouraging, IMO. 

Thank-you for that info, it is heartbreaking, and the one thing I really noticed and stood out to me is they are very spiritual, and I hope that helps them somewhat deal with this horrible ordeal.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #490 on: November 12, 2009, 08:43:49 PM »

You know this has become an epidemic in America with the missing..infants, children, teens, adults.  So sad that this is what our society has boiled down to..everyman for himself all the time..meaning you have to constantly be looking over your shoulder....and no one really brings there children up to be constantly vigilant.  How could we..they would be nervous wrecks and untrusting of others.  You can teach your children caution, and right from wrong, and that they must put safety first...but you can't make them afraid to go to concerts, afraid to walk home from school, afraid of everything. 

This whole abduction situation has gotten out of hand in this country.  Do other countries have this same high number we do in proportion to the population?  If so..then this needs to be a world issue from the stand point of not putting up with this crap from predators anylonger.  No more 25 to life, no more sexual predators getting a few years and back out to register on their own.  I am so distressed tonight because I look at the numbers, then the individuals and it is heartbreaking.  Christine Sheddy's family is still trying to recover her body..today is two years..Morgan's family has just begun that journey..one no family should have to make. 

When as a society do we get mad enough, angry enough,  to tell our authorities..we need stronger punishment, longer punishment and the resolution some can not, and will not be rehabilitated.  I would be very surprised to find that the person who did this Morgan was a first time offender..very surprised.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #491 on: November 12, 2009, 09:16:40 PM »

Thank you for that info from a family associate.

They do seem genuinely nice, genuinely involved in their community and helping others in need.  I agree with NRCG that they seem to be very spiritual as well.  Hopefully this and their many friends and their church members will help them through this.  The Course In Miracles which is taught at their church is beautiful and reminds us to not live our lives in fear..but to embrace life and it's possibilities are endless.   I am hoping that they are finding some comfort from their beliefs and their friends.  They seem like such a kind, loving, and close knit family.  I cannot fathom how her parents can show such grace at this point in this drama.  They are setting a good example ..one hopes that they never have to examine that example on how to manage a situation like this.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #492 on: November 12, 2009, 10:45:20 PM »

CBB: thanks for posting that. I too have a parallel contact that knows and has acted as a spokesperson on behalf of the Harringtons.

They are so very well respected and admired within their community. That said, I know it makes no difference to any of us whether a victim comes from a family like theirs, or "other". We advocate for victims without prejudice.

WRT the UVA basketball players questions, I can confirm that LE HAS interviewed the men that interacted with Morgan at 9:20PM the evening she went missing. They were identified by a limo driver who witnessed the interaction and called LE when reading Morgan's coverage, and was parked in Lannigan lot. He has been interviewed more than once, and this information has been confirmed to me privately from UVA and LE. They refuse to identify the individuals who "interacted" with Morgan at this time, or release the nature of those interviews.

Sadly, I do not think this situation will end well, and I am firm in prayer for Morgan and her family. I am not Catholic, but this prayer, which is Catholic in origin, has a strong personal meaning for me and I hope no one is offended by my posting it.

Blessed be God in His Angels and in His Saints.

O Holy St. Anthony, gentlest of Saints, your love for God
and Charity for His creatures made you worthy, when on
earth, to possess miraculous powers. Miracles waited on
your word, which you were ever ready to speak for those in
trouble or anxiety. Encouraged by this thought, I implore
of you to obtain for her family, the whereabouts of Morgan Dana Harrington.

The answer to my prayer
may require a miracle. Even so, you are the saint of
Miracles.

O gentle and loving St. Anthony, whose heart was ever full
of human sympathy, whisper my petition into the ears of the
Sweet Infant Jesus, who loved to be folded in your arms, and
the gratitude of my heart will ever be yours.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: November 12, 2009, 11:17:54 PM »

CBB: thanks for posting that. I too have a parallel contact that knows and has acted as a spokesperson on behalf of the Harringtons.

They are so very well respected and admired within their community. That said, I know it makes no difference to any of us whether a victim comes from a family like theirs, or "other". We advocate for victims without prejudice.

WRT the UVA basketball players questions, I can confirm that LE HAS interviewed the men that interacted with Morgan at 9:20PM the evening she went missing. They were identified by a limo driver who witnessed the interaction and called LE when reading Morgan's coverage, and was parked in Lannigan lot. He has been interviewed more than once, and this information has been confirmed to me privately from UVA and LE. They refuse to identify the individuals who "interacted" with Morgan at this time, or release the nature of those interviews.

Sadly, I do not think this situation will end well, and I am firm in prayer for Morgan and her family. I am not Catholic, but this prayer, which is Catholic in origin, has a strong personal meaning for me and I hope no one is offended by my posting it.

Blessed be God in His Angels and in His Saints.

O Holy St. Anthony, gentlest of Saints, your love for God
and Charity for His creatures made you worthy, when on
earth, to possess miraculous powers. Miracles waited on
your word, which you were ever ready to speak for those in
trouble or anxiety. Encouraged by this thought, I implore
of you to obtain for her family, the whereabouts of Morgan Dana Harrington.

The answer to my prayer
may require a miracle. Even so, you are the saint of
Miracles.

O gentle and loving St. Anthony, whose heart was ever full
of human sympathy, whisper my petition into the ears of the
Sweet Infant Jesus, who loved to be folded in your arms, and
the gratitude of my heart will ever be yours.

In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, AMEN. an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #494 on: November 13, 2009, 12:16:39 AM »

I'm seeing references made to the Harringtons' spirituality and their church and I must have somehow somehow missed this info. Can someone please point me to a link (or links) regarding this? TIA!

Also, I'm not understanding what difference it would make if Morgan were lesbian.  I've seen a few posts in the last few pages hinting about differing scenarios if that's the case.  Can someone please elaborate or enlighten me?  I'm not understanding the significance of that.  Either way, she's still missing.  Am I not just not getting it?  TIA.

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #495 on: November 13, 2009, 12:36:52 AM »

Thinking about why you'd let someone else drive your car...impaired (drugs/alcohol or OTC meds), physically impaired (sick or recovering from flu/swine flu/early stages pregnancy),and traffic tickets.  Not saying any of these are the case, just trying to think through why you'd let someone else drive.  Maybe whoever drove forgot to give them back to Morgan. You would think most people would have taken them to the gate though once they found out Morgan was locked out of the concert.  I'd want my friend to at least be able to wait in her vehicle for safety's sake.  On the other hand, Morgan may have felt fairly comfortable there because her brother had gone there.  Has Morgan had traffic tickets?  Have any pharmacies in the Blacksburg/Roanoke/Harrisonburg area reported an OTC purchase (Pseudoephedrine-based?) or any stores in those locales checked their videos?  Grasping here I know.

Forecast for the Day:
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #496 on: November 13, 2009, 12:42:19 AM »

Time to go.  Hope you have a good evening/morning.  Take good care!

Forecast for the Day:
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #497 on: November 13, 2009, 07:26:45 AM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=130290
Missing METALLICA Fan Featured On PEOPLE Magazine Cover - Nov. 13, 2009
Newsplex.com reports that twenty-year-old missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington is featured on the cover of this week's People magazine.

Harrington was last seen in Charlottesville on the Copeley Road Bridge after leaving the John Paul Jones Arena during a METALLICA concert.

Morgan Harrington will have been missing for a month on Sunday. Her parents will not let their daughter's name drop out of the news media.

They appeared on "Dr. Phil" and on Friday, their daughter is featured in People magazine. She appears among several other young people who have seemingly vanished.

Read the entire article from Newsplex.com.  http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/69869392.html

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: November 13, 2009, 07:27:26 AM »

Praying for Morgan.   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #499 on: November 13, 2009, 07:57:40 AM »

I copied this from the Find Morgan Blog. This was written by a person who
is involved in the search with the LRC. It is his descpription of the RV lot.
I would take his word for this.

"I did 2 slow drive bys when I was in town last weekend, 1 night, 1 day. Others have said it is well lit by by portable lights (I saw the lights, but they weren't on) that place is horribly dark without them. There is also a gate at the only entrance I saw to the RV/overflow, it was closed. I too am thinking it was sparse, and the only people down there may have been related to the sporting events, which if it were members of the b-ball team, it would only have been a practice, as their 1st game is tonight. That bridge is dark too, and both sides of the bridge have vegetation; there's a strip of trees that block any kind of view from the bridge or the approach to the bridge from having a view of a good portion of that parking area.  And my current feelings tell me that it wouldn't have even mattered if those lights were on or not. It's all about to pop."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.