March 19, 2024, 12:35:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748530 times)
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #540 on: November 13, 2009, 05:34:26 PM »

Another teensy question......wonder why the basketball players didn't step up right away? I might be wrong but the way I understood it, witnesses reported her interacting with them and then they were contacted. Seems like this is big, big news, how did they not immediately contact LE?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #541 on: November 13, 2009, 05:53:24 PM »

Another teensy question......wonder why the basketball players didn't step up right away? I might be wrong but the way I understood it, witnesses reported her interacting with them and then they were contacted. Seems like this is big, big news, how did they not immediately contact LE?
Maybe LE knew about this and didn't release this info for a reason, I have a question also, do we know WHO found Morgan's purse?
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #542 on: November 13, 2009, 05:53:52 PM »

blink-a big thank you for all that you do for victims and their families... god forbid if something ever happened to me or anyone i care about, i would hope to god that you were on the case!

i also wanted to agree with everyone else who has posted that there was no way this girl was hitch hiking. whyyyy on earth would she do that???? the ONLY and i mean ONLY thing i can think of if she actually was hitch hiking, would be if she was trying to get to someones apt or house in charlottesville that she was supposed to meet up with or something. even then, why not just call 4-1-1 and get the number to a cab??

this is someone who knows her. maybe she had a stalker or something at VT? it doesnt even have to be a stalker, it could be someone that she is friends with who was obsessed w/her and maybe those feelings werent reciprocated. 

i know this might sound very corney, but morgans face reminds me of taylor swift, and now everytime im listening tomy country music and i hear a taylor swift song come on all i can think about is morgan Sad
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #543 on: November 13, 2009, 05:56:26 PM »

This case has gone in so many directions, up and down back and forth inside out and all, i dont get it where is she, why is this so hard?!?!?! 

I don't know.I don't believe for one minute she was hitch hiking. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: November 13, 2009, 05:58:44 PM »

http://augustafreepress.com/2009/11/13/timeline-other-new-details-in-harrington-case/
Timeline, other new details in Harrington case

November 13, 2009 by chrisgraham

As the search and investigative efforts continue for missing college student Morgan Harrington, state and local investigators are now able to release additional details concerning the night of her disappearance. Miss Harrington disappeared Oct. 17, 2009, during a Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena on the University of Virginia campus in Charlottesville.

During the course of the investigation, police have been able to establish a timeline of Miss Harrington’s movements once she ended up outside of the arena at approximately 8:30 p.m. After talking to her friends on her cell phone, she then walked through the parking lot of University Hall and was also seen in the Lannigan Field athlete parking lot, which is also used for RV parking. At around 9:30 p.m., she was seen walking on the Copeley Road bridge near Ivy Road.

Based on independent witness accounts, investigators are confident that Miss Harrington was hitchhiking for a ride while on the Copeley Road bridge. If anyone recalls seeing a young woman hitchhiking that night on or near the Copeley Road bridge, then they are asked to please contact police by phone or email. Anyone who might remember seeing a vehicle randomly stopped in the roadway on Copeley Road bridge that night is also asked to contact investigators. Investigators are also hoping to hear from anyone who might have loaned their cell phone to a young woman fitting Miss Harrington’s description to make a call that night.

In addition to Miss Harrington’s black T-shirt with the word “Pantera” spelled out in tan letters, black mini-skirt, black tights, and knee-high black boots, she was wearing a distinctive necklace. It is a Swarovski Crystal necklace made up of large crystal chain links. She is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs approximately 120 pounds with blond hair and blue eyes.
The search and investigation are still being actively pursued by Virginia State Police, University of Virginia Police, Charlottesville Police, Albemarle County Police and the FBI. The public has generated close to 400 leads in the case. Anyone can call the Virginia State Police Tip Line at 434.352.3467 or e-mail State Police at bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov.

UVa. Police can be reached at 434.924.7166. Anonymous tips are welcome.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #545 on: November 13, 2009, 06:01:50 PM »

From Poster "*******"

My perspective is that we are witnessing again what we have been witness to often over the past almost four weeks now: the public’s understandable thirst for more information and greater detail. The public is frustrated by their desire to assist in resolution of this case and simultaneously feels thwarted when information is made public in only a piece-meal fashion–as is the case in many investigations.

I repeat my earlier cautionary note: none of us–myself included–should jump to conclusions. We need to methodically take each piece of the puzzle as it is revealed to us until we have assembled a complete picture upon which to base a conclusion. Any action otherwise is misguided and ill-advised.

Blink, re: your earlier question: I had heard earlier that there was a security guard who suggested that he “wished (he’d) helped her more”. I cannot, however, assert validity.

**********************************************************************************************

My response:

*******, I think you make a valid argument. However, I would just like to insert a component of what I think you are also seeing here. The contributors and posters of this site, as presumably you saw for yourself, are not really a fair cross section of Joe Public because by it’s origin, it attracts true crime followers who have what I will call advanced degrees in analysis and investigative techniques for the most part. So while your points are very valid, there is also an undercurrent here of folks that function in the advance of what is coming out, and simply are focused on finding Morgan yesterday.

For Example, if you review the comments and outrage about the hitchhiking information in chronological order ( and I will state for the record I did not delete a word). You see that reasonable people, in an astronomical percentage, understand that the reconciliation of released information does not even match known facts in this case and it is as some posters put it, insulting to them and to Morgan and her family. Like it or not, that absolutely is part of the dilema for LE.

So for me, I get it is simply a matter that they are not even talking to us. They are talking to whomever told them that story about the hitchhiking. They are saying to that individual (s) “We believe You, tell us the rest.”
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #546 on: November 13, 2009, 06:07:41 PM »

Thanks Blink. 
All we want is the truth,and to find Morgan.

~ Peter Frampton
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #547 on: November 13, 2009, 06:13:47 PM »

The articles don't say who saw her hitchiking. It's interesting that it comes out after the mention of the b ball players are brought into the mix, maybe they are the source of that info. If it is, LE is taking it as gospel? How do they know?
I agree. Whoever said she was hitchhiking is the one to look at.
Oh, she left our group and was hitchhiking to somewhere over the rainbow.
Away from her car, her apt, her friends.

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #548 on: November 13, 2009, 06:23:23 PM »

The articles don't say who saw her hitchiking. It's interesting that it comes out after the mention of the b ball players are brought into the mix, maybe they are the source of that info. If it is, LE is taking it as gospel? How do they know?

And possibly after dumping her purse and tossing her cell phone with the battery ripped out!  GMAFB.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #549 on: November 13, 2009, 06:29:26 PM »

This is totally unbelievable and I find it so hard to believe that in these college/university cases the college security/supposed police gets jurisdiction.  Like they know so much about possible missing person cases or murders cases.  I kept wondering why in the Lee case they were not ripping the walls out of that building.  I mean just before her murder a lady in NY (IIRCC) had the same damn thing happen, the perp hid her in the wall.  No video of her leaving the bldg well duh she never left. 

NO offense intended but these campus cops remind me of rent a cops and they need to just let the real guys take over from the get go ... the he!! with there jurisdiction crap.

Sorry for the rant monkeys.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #550 on: November 13, 2009, 06:43:08 PM »

She was seen going back and forth bridge to RV lot, waiting for a ride and she was seen borrowing a phone to call for a ride.       Just saw this on WS by a poster, who has been posting a long time, and also has been following this case from the start. Wonder if there is any truth to this?
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #551 on: November 13, 2009, 06:53:42 PM »

She was seen going back and forth bridge to RV lot, waiting for a ride and she was seen borrowing a phone to call for a ride.       Just saw this on WS by a poster, who has been posting a long time, and also has been following this case from the start. Wonder if there is any truth to this?

i would be inclined to believe there was some truth to this
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #552 on: November 13, 2009, 07:01:53 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=162224546575#/topic.php?uid=162224546575&topic=10516&start=30&hash=1fc3cfaf0136955eea5e895856e375cb

Post #53 Darlene Keith Via wrote29 minutes ago

UP DATE: At the meeting tonite an elderly couple got up and said they saw Morgan that nite on UVA Campus with 3 guys walking. They said it was near the Rotunda and Going towards the Dorm area.
Funny thing is at 3:30 or so in the morning the News Paper Delivery Person stated also that she saw Morgan with 3 Guys on Campus. That tells me that 3 people saw her with the same guys and the same area that she was probably headed to their "place" where ever that is. Her friends have said all along that she told them she could get a way back. I do believe these guys or at least one or two of them she "Knew" or maybe her brother knew.
The elderly couple said they called to report this and no one returned their call so they came to the meeting to complain and finally get to tell someone what they saw. Sounds like this could be something and if it is I hope she is still with these guys and OK. ! Maybe scared and the guys are overwhelmed now because they are scared about their future. We will see how this plays out. Just wanted to pass this along for what it is worth. Take Care.

Any description on these people would be good. I never heard any more about it, so it maybe nothing .

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #553 on: November 13, 2009, 07:01:56 PM »

And possibly after dumping her purse and tossing her cell phone with the battery ripped out!  GMAFB.

Kat Gram - just to clarify.  My Expletive at the end of that statement was not for you but my disbelief at the new details in this situation.  It's testy on these boards tonight and I do not want to be misunderstood and get my butt chewed for no good reason.  ha ha!
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #554 on: November 13, 2009, 07:05:00 PM »

This is totally unbelievable and I find it so hard to believe that in these college/university cases the college security/supposed police gets jurisdiction.  Like they know so much about possible missing person cases or murders cases.  I kept wondering why in the Lee case they were not ripping the walls out of that building.  I mean just before her murder a lady in NY (IIRCC) had the same damn thing happen, the perp hid her in the wall.  No video of her leaving the bldg well duh she never left. 

NO offense intended but these campus cops remind me of rent a cops and they need to just let the real guys take over from the get go ... the he!! with there jurisdiction crap.

Rant away FATCAT!  I think you speak for a lot of us
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #555 on: November 13, 2009, 07:22:39 PM »

Rant away FATCAT!  I think you speak for a lot of us

i completely agree! i went to Penn State which is a very big university, one of the biggest in the country. we had on campus police but all they did was bust people for underage drinking and make sure that people were safe walking home at night.  maybe they did more or were trained in more and i could be wrong, im not trying to generalize, but i do agree with you fatcat.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #556 on: November 13, 2009, 07:25:19 PM »

Yes, but I just can't understand why when she had her own car there and all she had to do is call/text her friend for the keys, unless of course she was going to meet someone and they were going to pick her up all along, this had been planned, and something went terribly wrong? 
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #557 on: November 13, 2009, 07:45:16 PM »

Yes, but I just can't understand why when she had her own car there and all she had to do is call/text her friend for the keys, unless of course she was going to meet someone and they were going to pick her up all along, this had been planned, and something went terribly wrong? 

If she was going back and forth waiting on a ride then that would mean she had already placed a call to someone on her phone , even if she had preplanned to meet someone, she would still call to see where they were, so it should be logged and in LE's hands by now.  ( cause very shortly before her phone was working before she had to borrow a phone))
I don't believe this so much.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #558 on: November 13, 2009, 07:45:42 PM »

Blink or anyone else for that matter..do we know what the rape, theft, harrassment stats are for UVA and for VA TECH?  There is so much crime on campases today is covered up or never solved.  I am still believing she was stalked and someone known to her was also at that concert and took advantage of her being locked out of her car and was headed back to her area. 

I still am thinking that someone in security or LE ..someone trusted is perhaps the only person Morgan would get in a car with.  And I do not believe getting into a car of a known individual or security or LE is the same as hitching.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #559 on: November 13, 2009, 07:53:41 PM »

GypsyDD,here is a link to statistics for VA Tech.
http://www.police.vt.edu/crime%20statistics/crime%20statistics.htm

UVA for 2004 to 2006
http://www.uvawise.edu/campus_police/crime_statistics.html

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.