March 19, 2024, 12:04:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748521 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #580 on: November 14, 2009, 08:41:15 AM »

Hitchhiking? I don't think so  So the story morph's from 'seeing her on the bridge' to hitching a ride? I don't think so 

LMAO @ No Rose " my God do people actually do that anymore? "

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #581 on: November 14, 2009, 09:41:10 AM »

Hitchhiking? I don't think so  So the story morph's from 'seeing her on the bridge' to hitching a ride? I don't think so 

Seriously, I mean I hate to say this, but back in the day I did a few times, now when I think about it I can't believe the stupidity. But at the same age as Morgan when I did that, didn't think about the danger  I just can't picture Morgan with her thumb out trying to get a ride, what if she was expecting a ride from someone, when the someone got there, Morgan put her thumb out just fooling around, and then got into the car? And this fooling around has turned into she was hitchhiking? I'm lost, just don't see her doing this 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #582 on: November 14, 2009, 09:59:48 AM »

No way was she hitch hiking.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #583 on: November 14, 2009, 10:07:57 AM »

We have no idea what the topic of convesation was when she was in the RV parkin lot.
Or who she ws speaking to. Maybe she was looking for a ride in the lot.
We don't know :
They had dogs out looking for her scent. What was the result of that ?
Have they had other persons besides the b-ball players who confirmed she was on that bridge.
What she was texting to the guy who was far away.
We will probably never find out the WHY, the GF's and the guy they gave a ride to are pretty silent and that is telling. Maybe she didn't drive her car because she was impaired. The behaviour is of one with some level of impairment. But, once she was out of the areana, she didn't get more impaired by alcohol unless she had her own in her purse. She was walking, not stumbling or lurching around.
Although the b-ball player who left the team has been named I am not ready to make that connection
of that specific player having anything to do with this.
That necklace is distinctive. Those crystals catch the light and sparkle. The picture doesn't do it justice. I know I would remember seeing a person wearing that necklace. It says, this is not a cheap necklace, this is quality. I don't know why it took so long for them to release the picture of the specific necklace, it might have narrowed something down earlier. I am glad that I made the effort and emailed the Admin of the Family Blog and left a comments on the blog commenther Mum wrote. Also glad that Blink wrote the article also. Something got someone's attention over there. They do have a Blink category. And she is read over there.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #584 on: November 14, 2009, 10:20:41 AM »

an angelic monkey Below is Morgan’s Christmas letter to her dad, Dan Harrington.

Click link to open up the PDF Document! (posted at www.findmorgan.com)

http://www.findmorgan.com/letter.pdf

Thank-you. That necklace she was wearing looks expensive, have no idea if it is, could someone have been targeting her to steal that necklace and other jewelry she was wearing?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #585 on: November 14, 2009, 10:23:19 AM »

Thank-you Kat for answering my question, so the necklace is expensive, it sure looks that way. People have commited crimes for a lot less than the necklace she was wearing, just a thought....
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #586 on: November 14, 2009, 10:47:07 AM »

I am trying to go back to the beginning with the backpack purse being found in the grassy area at the RV lot.  That also is where the 3 BB players last saw and spoke to her.  Also the limo driver is the one who saw the BB players with her.  He has been interviewed by LE 3 times according to his employer.  If all 4 of these people are just reporting what they saw...that leads me to believe there was someone else lurking in that area, watching her, waiting for his prey. 

I don't think it was coincidence that her backpack purse with the broken strap, cell phone beside it, ID still in it, camera missing, battery missing..was found in that lot.  I think whoever did this wanted that to be her last known sighting and abducted her, even a mugging gone wrong, from another location in the general area..and then placed the backpack back there.  The broken strap on the backpack leads me to believe there was a struggle that ensued.  She might have tossed her  broken backpack..but she would not have tossed her cellphone, ID, and anything else still in the backpack..and left with a camera?  No way.  And curiously LE nor her family has said anything about her credit cards or ATM card..being used, not being used..or if they were still with backpack. 

Also, doesn't security at that school or the areana have a way of dealing with people getting locked out of their cars?  Surely if she had interacted with security and tried to return to the areana (atleast 3 times we have been told) wouldn't they have a policy to deal with that?  Do they just let people stand around waiting for help..when security is supposed to be the help?

I am beginning to think the bridge sigthing is just to move this off their campus.  They don't want the liability of this incidence..leaving a beautiful girl stranded in the parking lot.  I am sure Morgan would have said I don't have keys, I am locked out..please help me..let me use a phone, etc.

Thoughts?

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #587 on: November 14, 2009, 11:04:04 AM »

I am trying to go back to the beginning with the backpack purse being found in the grassy area at the RV lot.  That also is where the 3 BB players last saw and spoke to her.  Also the limo driver is the one who saw the BB players with her.  He has been interviewed by LE 3 times according to his employer.  If all 4 of these people are just reporting what they saw...that leads me to believe there was someone else lurking in that area, watching her, waiting for his prey. 

I don't think it was coincidence that her backpack purse with the broken strap, cell phone beside it, ID still in it, camera missing, battery missing..was found in that lot.  I think whoever did this wanted that to be her last known sighting and abducted her, even a mugging gone wrong, from another location in the general area..and then placed the backpack back there.  The broken strap on the backpack leads me to believe there was a struggle that ensued.  She might have tossed her  broken backpack..but she would not have tossed her cellphone, ID, and anything else still in the backpack..and left with a camera?  No way.  And curiously LE nor her family has said anything about her credit cards or ATM card..being used, not being used..or if they were still with backpack. 

Also, doesn't security at that school or the areana have a way of dealing with people getting locked out of their cars?  Surely if she had interacted with security and tried to return to the areana (atleast 3 times we have been told) wouldn't they have a policy to deal with that?  Do they just let people stand around waiting for help..when security is supposed to be the help?

I am beginning to think the bridge sigthing is just to move this off their campus.  They don't want the liability of this incidence..leaving a beautiful girl stranded in the parking lot.  I am sure Morgan would have said I don't have keys, I am locked out..please help me..let me use a phone, etc.

Thoughts?
They don't want the liability on their campus, and you are right, what about the credit cards or ATM card, they must purposely not be telling anything about that, whether they were still in the purse or being used. Because of the fact I don't know much about jewelry, and I was thinking that the necklace was custome jewelry, my thoughts are on that necklace, was that necklace the reason a person went after Morgan? Could someone been watching her in the arena and followed her out?
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #588 on: November 14, 2009, 11:35:23 AM »

I think retail, not Ebay because you don't have the signature and ppl sell things saying Swaofski when it's not, that necklace is about 300.0 to 400.00. Pave ( litte stones set close together ) earrings made by Swarofski run about 100.00. The stuff does not go on sale in the stores here. Hi priced necklace for a girl that age and my point was that it is distinctive in design too. For sightings of. OR, and I read this elsewhere, kept by the perp.
I didn't know that the purse back pack strap was broken. That suggests a mugging. The purse being tossed also suggests a mugging . Her id was still in the purse because they knew who it belonged to. But if it was a mugging with a struggle and she was injured or shaken up, she would have been found
hurt in that area.
The searchers were told to look for a camera. And items that came from a purse. ??

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #589 on: November 14, 2009, 11:42:13 AM »

I think retail, not Ebay because you don't have the signature and ppl sell things saying Swaofski when it's not, that necklace is about 300.0 to 400.00. Pave ( litte stones set close together ) earrings made by Swarofski run about 100.00. The stuff does not go on sale in the stores here. Hi priced necklace for a girl that age and my point was that it is distinctive in design too. For sightings of. OR, and I read this elsewhere, kept by the perp.
I didn't know that the purse back pack strap was broken. That suggests a mugging. The purse being tossed also suggests a mugging . Her id was still in the purse because they knew who it belonged to. But if it was a mugging with a struggle and she was injured or shaken up, she would have been found
hurt in that area.
The searchers were told to look for a camera. And items that came from a purse. ??

Thanks for the price on that necklace. The camera stood out to me, I know I'm behind the times, but kids that age aren't, wouldn't she have a cellphone with a camera, so why the need for an extra camera. But maybe I'm assuming her cellphone could take pics as well. It sure seems like a mugging, with the broken strap. A mugging with a kidnapping? I don't know.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #590 on: November 14, 2009, 11:49:36 AM »

I hope I am right about the broken strap..I read that in the very begining.  I have read all over the net..so it may not be accurate.  Did anyone else read that anywhere about the strap being broken?

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: November 14, 2009, 12:00:02 PM »

I hope I am right about the broken strap..I read that in the very begining.  I have read all over the net..so it may not be accurate.  Did anyone else read that anywhere about the strap being broken?
I know I have somewhere  couldn't tell you where. The only thing I'm not aware of, is if this was said officially by LE, or rumor, but I did read that somewhere.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #592 on: November 14, 2009, 12:07:24 PM »

I know I have somewhere  couldn't tell you where. The only thing I'm not aware of, is if this was said officially by LE, or rumor, but I did read that somewhere.

TY NRCG..either LE is very close or they have nothing..the bridge does not seem to be Morgan to me..nor would it be the most likely place to look for a ride when she was already in a parking lot with her own car, limos and I am sure cabs, etc.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #593 on: November 14, 2009, 12:31:23 PM »

She was seen on both sides of the bridge. Walking away from the arena and I am assuming
walking back. That road according to ppl from the area is not a well travelled road and is mostly locals. What if she did leave the RV lot under her own steam and headed back to JP arena after failing to find friends for a ride, got fed up, tired, cold, a bit stupid and accepted a ride from someone random who offered her a ride. Guy might of thought he had a date with her, things get out of hand when she doesn't think so and she is just tossed out injured or jumps out on a small back dark country road further up any of the roads that lead into the arena?  Her purse is still in the car, guy decides to toss it our near where he picked up up, just in case it has a tracking thing in it ?  And goes back home to C'ville ?
I don't think she was stalked or lured, not after the LE release yesterday. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: November 14, 2009, 12:40:58 PM »

She was seen on both sides of the bridge. Walking away from the arena and I am assuming
walking back. That road according to ppl from the area is not a well travelled road and is mostly locals. What if she did leave the RV lot under her own steam and headed back to JP arena after failing to find friends for a ride, got fed up, tired, cold, a bit stupid and accepted a ride from someone random who offered her a ride. Guy might of thought he had a date with her, things get out of hand when she doesn't think so and she is just tossed out injured or jumps out on a small back dark country road further up any of the roads that lead into the arena?  Her purse is still in the car, guy decides to toss it our near where he picked up up, just in case it has a tracking thing in it ?  And goes back home to C'ville ?
That really sounds like that could be a possibility. Was she wearing a coat? The weather wasn't the best that night, and I would think you would need a coat? She could have been cold and tired and just wanted a ride, and accepted thinking it would be okay.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #595 on: November 14, 2009, 01:25:59 PM »

Ii certainly could be like that..a crime of opportunity.  But why didn't he just get rid of the purse with her, if the battery was gone?

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #596 on: November 14, 2009, 08:16:39 PM »

http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=11506290
Harrington's Parents on the Today Show
Posted: Nov 14, 2009 5:24 PM CST Updated: Nov 14, 2009 6:31 PM CST

Dan and Gil Harrington Dan and Gil Harrington

Morgan Harrington Morgan Harrington

Swarovski crystal necklace Swarovski crystal necklace

The search for missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington now enters week five. Saturday morning her parents, Dan and Gil Harrington, spoke on NBC's Today Show.

They discussed the latest clues in the case and talking directly to the person who they think has Morgan.

A direct plea came 20-year-old Morgan Harrington’s mother, Gil Harrington. She stated, “You can be remembered as a hero of a terrible situation. Things have gotten out of hand and you can be the one that is remembered as the man who saved Morgan Harrington."

Morgan disappeared on October 17 during a Metallica concert at John Paul Jones Arena. She was last seen by eyewitnesses hitchhiking on the Copeley Road Bridge about 9:30 that night.

Gil Harrington stated, "None of this makes sense. It doesn't make sense that our daughter is missing - snatched from her life, abducted or possibly murdered."

Police say Morgan would have been seen wearing a necklace like the one pictured here. It is an unusual and expensive Swarovski crystal necklace made up of large chain links. It was a gift from her brother.

Gil Harrington said, “There are not thousands of them out there. It's unique like my daughter. We want her to come back home."

Morgan's case has made national headlines and is also generating a lot of buzz on the Internet. Morgan's dad, Dan Harrington, is hopeful that buzz will turn into a credible lead.

"The Internet and social networking - I think - has been effective in getting information out to a group of people that probably don't read newspapers or watch TV," he stated.

But at this point the trail runs cold at the end of the timeline - 9:30 p.m. Police hope someone can tell them if Morgan eventually got into a car, a tip that could lead them to whoever knows where Morgan is.

If you have information that can help police, call the tip line at 434-352-3467. There is a $150,041 reward.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #597 on: November 14, 2009, 08:18:30 PM »

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/70108012.html
 Harrington's Mom Questions Hitchhiking Claim
Virginia state police say Morgan Harrington may have been hitchhiking when she was last seen on the Copeley Road bridge, after leaving a Metallica concert, but Morgan's mother says that would be extremely unusual behavior for her daughter.
Posted: 3:08 PM Nov 14, 2009
Virginia state police say Morgan Harrington may have been hitchhiking when she was last seen on the Copeley Road bridge, after leaving a Metallica concert, but Morgan's mother says that would be extremely unusual behavior for her daughter.

In a telephone interview, Gil Harrington said she had never known of her daughter trying to catch a ride with a stranger.

Police say witnesses saw a woman fitting Harrington's description trying to get a ride.

Harrington became separated from her friends after she left the concert and was denied re-entry.
She told them she would find a way home.

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #598 on: November 14, 2009, 08:33:26 PM »

Thanks Trimm
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #599 on: November 14, 2009, 09:45:09 PM »

Someone found it. It was 130.00 on that site, doesn't say if new or what, but this is it on
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.