March 19, 2024, 12:08:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748526 times)
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #620 on: November 16, 2009, 02:50:10 PM »

This is the 3rd reference to a "Man" having Morgan, or being responsible for her disappearance by Gil Harrington.

She has a suspect in mind, it appears..

A direct plea came 20-year-old Morgan Harrington’s mother, Gil Harrington. She stated, “You can be remembered as a hero of a terrible situation. Things have gotten out of hand and you can be the one that is remembered as the man who saved Morgan Harrington.”

..from the Today Show Appearance

Interesting..this almost seems as though the VSP have a certain individual or profile of an individual in mind.

I also think the VSP are making head way and very close to an arrest.  Too much coming out now.   Confusion ..but someone..the person who took Morgan knows what it means and is not confused.  But VSP wants him to be caught off guard by some of the facts that come out that are correct..cat and mouse game.

The 44 year old with the boo-boo on his leg from a swift kick..lol..I think he is looking for his 15 minute of fame.  I think most of the so called sightings are invalid due to being a misty parking lot at night..poor lighting, lots of people out and about ..and a hundred girls that could at quick glance be look a likes..blonde hair dressed in black.  And the Dee person certainlly was seen all over the place that night as well.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #621 on: November 16, 2009, 03:18:15 PM »

If She was HitchHiking... OMG

God only knows what has happened to her in my opinion.

"cat and mouse game" TO SAY THE LEAST.
JMHO

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #622 on: November 16, 2009, 04:12:51 PM »

This is the 3rd reference to a "Man" having Morgan, or being responsible for her disappearance by Gil Harrington.

She has a suspect in mind, it appears..

A direct plea came 20-year-old Morgan Harrington’s mother, Gil Harrington. She stated, “You can be remembered as a hero of a terrible situation. Things have gotten out of hand and you can be the one that is remembered as the man who saved Morgan Harrington.”

..from the Today Show Appearance

Interesting..this almost seems as though the VSP have a certain individual or profile of an individual in mind.

I also think the VSP are making head way and very close to an arrest.  Too much coming out now.   Confusion ..but someone..the person who took Morgan knows what it means and is not confused.  But VSP wants him to be caught off guard by some of the facts that come out that are correct..cat and mouse game.

The 44 year old with the boo-boo on his leg from a swift kick..lol..I think he is looking for his 15 minute of fame.  I think most of the so called sightings are invalid due to being a misty parking lot at night..poor lighting, lots of people out and about ..and a hundred girls that could at quick glance be look a likes..blonde hair dressed in black.  And the Dee person certainlly was seen all over the place that night as well.

I go back to my initial observations, which do not make sense still. Why does Morgan stray from the LIGHTED PATHWAYS and BLUE PHONES, to the area with obscurity, no CCTV and only one blue phone on the opposite side of the outbuilding??

Links to Maps of UVA pathways/emergency phones, courtesy of Kate Mills, Blink contributor:

http://www.web.virginia.edu/srem/teams/
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #623 on: November 16, 2009, 04:25:07 PM »

I can only come up with Morgan was not thinking clearly, either someone slipped her drugs or she took something. I cannot come up with anything else that would make an intelligent girl do things that are completely not thought out at all. Could the injury to her face cause her to not think clearly, I doubt it, but who knows?
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #624 on: November 16, 2009, 05:03:57 PM »

Or she was meeting up with someone who told her to head over there..that's where he was parked or going to park?

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #625 on: November 16, 2009, 05:40:37 PM »

ps What is a Blue Phone ? Is that like a phone booth ? Sorry, I am Canadian.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #626 on: November 16, 2009, 05:49:59 PM »

ps What is a Blue Phone ? Is that like a phone booth ? Sorry, I am Canadian.

My apologies Kat, I should have worded that differently. They are the UVA emergency phones located throughout the campus.

If you click on the pdf link I posted above and choose the first option "Lighted pathways and Phones", it shows you the perpetually lit pathways and "blue phones" relative to the campus. It is clear to me Morgan went to the LEAST visible, LEAST safe area of the campus. If she went there to grab a cab, that would make sense to me, but also would indicate what happened to her, happened at least, initially there.

I'm sorry, the hitchhiking thing is proposterous to me. Why with HUNDREDS of emergency phones ( if in fact her phone was now broken) would this intelligent young woman bypass the equivalent of cabstands and "thumb it". No way.

Imo, Morgan Harrington was either lured there, or meeting someone she knew, or at least was aquainted with enough to trust for a ride.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #627 on: November 16, 2009, 05:57:37 PM »

Last night I was thinking ( even tho I am a Canadian, we do think once in a while, lol)  that
we get one or two U students who get impaired and then decide to leave the bar or the pub   and go home.  Except, they fall down and die from exposure if it is cold or somehow find some river to drown in.
If Morgan was a male, would all this abduction theory, being lured out etc be a consideration ? No, it would be some sort of misadventure. Could that have happened here ? 
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #628 on: November 16, 2009, 06:24:31 PM »

i just looked on facebook at morgans friends from UVA... there are a few guys on there, im sure the police have prob contacted all of them already tho
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #629 on: November 16, 2009, 06:45:04 PM »

Last night I was thinking ( even tho I am a Canadian, we do think once in a while, lol)  that
we get one or two U students who get impaired and then decide to leave the bar or the pub   and go home.  Except, they fall down and die from exposure if it is cold or somehow find some river to drown in.
If Morgan was a male, would all this abduction theory, being lured out etc be a consideration ? No, it would be some sort of misadventure. Could that have happened here ? 

Kat..Even with men falling into rivers there have been some questions..thinking of the Smiley Face Gang. 

But the main thing to learn from Morgan's case and all these cases..the person somehow got seperated from their firends or group..they were alone..so rather an untimely mishap or prey to a predator..young people need to realize you need to stay with your friends and watch either's back when you are out in a partying social situation.  Your friends may need help due to their drinking/drug situation ..and it just isn't advisable for anyone, anywhere to go out alone at night.  That's why malls now will have security to excort you to yuor car.

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #630 on: November 16, 2009, 07:25:23 PM »

It seems like there are so many wild possibilities because ther's so little bona fide facts.
If I stay with known facts and Morgans usual personality, she definitely was last seen in the RV/athlete parking
She was definitely speaking with some basketball players who to my knowledge  did not come forward immediately
Her purse was also found in that area
The players leave and reports of her hitchiking emerge, no more factual, proven sightings of her, nothing

Am I just being too narrow, tunnel vision with my suspicions about these players because it's too simple? I just think if she were prone to getting wild and crazy when she went out others would've said that. If she was the type to get a little tipsy and take risks I think others would've said that. I really think if she were lured out there would be a text or call from the person, if she were lured out by some hunkilicious guy seems like she may have texted or called her gf's and told them about her love connection. Her background and intelligence just make me want to scream that I don't believe she would get in a car with anyone she didn't think she knew.
There is always the possibility of an opportunistic predator but somehow I'm not feelin' it.
Just spouting my opinion.   
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #631 on: November 16, 2009, 08:58:06 PM »

It seems like there are so many wild possibilities because ther's so little bona fide facts.
If I stay with known facts and Morgans usual personality, she definitely was last seen in the RV/athlete parking
She was definitely speaking with some basketball players who to my knowledge  did not come forward immediately
The players leave and reports of her hitchiking emerge, no more factual, proven sightings of her, nothing

Am I just being too narrow, tunnel vision with my suspicions about these players because it's too simple? I just think if she were prone to getting wild and crazy when she went out others would've said that. If she was the type to get a little tipsy and take risks I think others would've said that. I really think if she were lured out there would be a text or call from the person, if she were lured out by some hunkilicious guy seems like she may have texted or called her gf's and told them about her love connection. Her background and intelligence just make me want to scream that I don't believe she would get in a car with anyone she didn't think she knew.
There is always the possibility of an opportunistic predator but somehow I'm not feelin' it.

I still believe this is a person known to her.  I agree.  I also think there is a reason that LE are bringing up a cell phone borrowed or a call made..that still reaks of someone she would know..to phone..even if her cell phone was dead, looking to make a call.  Saying.. I am here where are you....using someone else's cell phone.
Speculation:
So this has to be someone who knew Morgan well enough to know her cell phone battery loses it charge frequently.  I can relate because my cell is the same way.

Okay ..just a thought above..but I feel the perp is someone known to her and her friends.  Through this whole investigation my mind has never changed on that fact.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #632 on: November 16, 2009, 09:10:06 PM »

Praying for Morgan.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #633 on: November 16, 2009, 09:27:44 PM »

Gypsy DD I agree, I really think she knew the person also. And this hitchhiking and some of the other stories/sightings where not Morgan. Talking to the BB players looks to be truth, but the story about kicking the 40 something man I don't buy.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #634 on: November 16, 2009, 11:56:09 PM »

I still believe this is a person known to her.  I agree.  I also think there is a reason that LE are bringing up a cell phone borrowed or a call made..that still reaks of someone she would know..to phone..even if her cell phone was dead, looking to make a call.  Saying.. I am here where are you....using someone else's cell phone.
Speculation:
So this has to be someone who knew Morgan well enough to know her cell phone battery loses it charge frequently.  I can relate because my cell is the same way.

Okay ..just a thought above..but I feel the perp is someone known to her and her friends.  Through this whole investigation my mind has never changed on that fact.

Thanks for the comment GYPSY, after the emotional outcome in the other thread I feel unsteady about any opinion about anything anymore. My faith in humanity is on shaky ground, all of these sweet innocent girls (and adji) missing without a trace or found murdered. It's just got to stop. Praying for them all tonight.

Jan_in_Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #635 on: November 17, 2009, 01:56:33 AM »

Praying for Morgan  an angelic monkey
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #636 on: November 17, 2009, 06:59:26 AM »

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/local/new_river_valley/article/morgan_harrington_on_people_magazine_in_val-pak_mailer/62907/
<a href="http://Morgan Harrington on People Magazine, in Val-Pak mailer" target="_blank">http://Morgan Harrington on People Magazine, in Val-Pak mailer</a>
The case of missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington received a new round of national attention this week.

Harrington’s story is featured on the cover of People Magazine.  The article is titled “Vanished.“  It profiles six different missing children who have not been fund.

The section about Morgan gives information about when and where she went missing, as well as describes her parents’ search for their daughter.

Also, our NBC affiliated in Charlottesville WVIR reports Val-Pak of the Shenandoah Valley plans to place an insert about Harrington into its coupon mailings.

WSLS put a call into Val-Pak of the Roanoke Valley to see if it would run the insert as well.  We had not heard back from them as of 7:40 p.m. Monday.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #637 on: November 17, 2009, 07:01:29 AM »

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stories/14690/new-details-released-in-harrington-investigation
New details released in Harrington investigation
Tuesday, November 17, 2009; 12:02 AM | 3 | ShareThis | Print

by Katie Robidoux, news staff writer
Morgan Harrington was seen hitchhiking for a ride on the Copeley Road Bridge on the night of her disappearance, according to a police brief released Nov. 13.

“After the 9:30 (p.m.) timeframe, we can’t seem to establish any other sightings of her,” said Corinne Geller, spokeswoman for the Virginia State Police.

It was also released in the brief that she was wearing a Swarovski Crystal necklace on that night.

Harrington might have received a ride or approached someone to borrow a cell phone, Geller said.

“She was wearing it that night,” Geller said. “She dropped her purse and her cell phone, so maybe she might have dropped her necklace also.”

Police reviewed individual witness claims to arrive at the new conclusions. Investigators are asking anybody that was on or near the Copeley Road Bridge and may have seen a woman hitchhiking to contact them at 434-352-3467.

The police are also looking for people who might have let Harrington use their cell phone that night.
“These are all things relevant to developing any more information on the case and bring her home safely,” Geller said.

The existing police timeline of Harrington’s whereabouts includes leaving the arena around 8:30 p.m. and being sighted on the Copely Road Bridge near Ivy Road around 9:30 p.m.

Harrington disappeared Oct. 17 during a Metallica concert in the John Paul Jones Arena on the University of Virginia campus in Charlottesville, Va.

A reward of $150,041 has been established for information that leads to Harrington’s recovery.

~ Peter Frampton
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #638 on: November 17, 2009, 09:15:22 AM »

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/226638

There is no information to conclude this may or may not be Morgan, her parents live in Roanoke, VA

Deceased Body of a female found under RRX off Wasena Bridge
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #639 on: November 17, 2009, 10:21:53 AM »

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/226638

There is no information to conclude this may or may not be Morgan, her parents live in Roanoke, VA

Deceased Body of a female found under RRX off Wasena Bridge
Thanks Blink 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.