March 18, 2024, 08:17:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748478 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #660 on: November 17, 2009, 02:03:44 PM »

OIC... Thank you Blink

I share your concern for the victim found in the compacter..

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #661 on: November 17, 2009, 02:03:44 PM »

I agree that is a possibility, but she did not get to where she is on her own then, so who was with her?

I have the tightest of knots in my gut on the Laurel Md recycling recovery.

I have seen where most of you are feeling like me today. Shaniya did me in yesterday, and today 3 more.

Makes me want to quit this work.  And then I read this, from Morgan's Mom.

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog

People want a happy ending. The happy ending might not come. Instead what they get might be a take home message and a modeling of how people can proceed through a tragedy with dignity. I believe there is a shift as a country towards community: we are seeking and feeling reconnection and intimacy.

I don’t know how to do this, though.

We know a surgeon who had his fingers burned off. He didn’t know how to operate with the pads of his digits but he learned, as we can learn this. I believe there are heroes among us- I am not a Pollyanna. I also recognize that evil exists. The trick is to choose not to let it defeat you. And you do so by living well, not letting this tragedy poison your life. Using your pain to open yourself to others’ pain and be more compassionate, make more connections rather than pull away from the world.

Acknowledging and sharing in the joys of your colleagues and friends is what makes life rich and worth living. Holding others up when tragedy hits, as we are being held. If you let the loss ruin your life you let the guys who snatched Morgan win, you let evil win- I cannot let that happen. Our planned circumscribed picture of a life has been fractured, but the shards can be re-arranged into a mosaic; different and abstract now, but still beautiful and precious. How to do this?

*** I was so embarrassed for feeling low and sorry for myself after reading that, I hope it inspires some the way it has me.

Emphasis again on Gil's wording "the guys."

Love, Peace, and Re-energy to my Monkey friends
B

DITTO BLINK!  A traveling security guard could work at different events ..Laurel area has a huge arena.  Also on one of the security guys myspace I believe was talking to a friend who had or was working Laurel area at one time?  Does anyone else remember that person, from the very beginning of the case?

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #662 on: November 17, 2009, 02:05:34 PM »

Morgans mom writes some powerful words on WHY we never give up or give in.
jmho
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #663 on: November 17, 2009, 03:12:50 PM »

jmho
She sure does, very strong woman, no way could I be strong like she and Morgan's dad  an angelic monkey
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #664 on: November 17, 2009, 03:57:10 PM »

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/226638

There is no information to conclude this may or may not be Morgan, her parents live in Roanoke, VA

Deceased Body of a female found under RRX off Wasena Bridge
Thanks Blink 

UPDATE: Body found in Roanoke not believed to be missing Va. Tech student

As the case of a missing Virginia Tech student entered into its second month, authorities today are investigating the discovery of a body in Roanoke.

But authorities said they do not believe the body discovered near Norfolk Southern railroad tracks shortly after daybreak in Roanoke, which appeared to be that of a female, is that of Morgan Dana Harrington.

Roanoke police detectives and a medical examiner were called to the scene.

Virginia State Police, the lead agency investigating the disappearance of Harrington, was aware of this morning's discovery and was looking into the matter, agency spokeswoman Corinne Geller said. Shortly before noon, Geller said state police had determined that the body was likely not that of Harrington.

Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student from Roanoke, has been missing since the night of Oct. 17, when she attended a Metallica concert at the University of Virginia's John Paul Jones Arena.

Investigators believe Harrington was hitchhiking before she disappeared.

Today's discovery of the body in Roanoke marks at least the third time investigators have checked into the possibility that it may be Harrington.

Shortly after Harrington's disappearance, a body was found along the Blue Ridge Parkway outside Asheville, N.C., and a badly burned female body was found Sunday, this time in Kings Mountain State Park in South Carolina. In each case, authorities found no indication it was Harrington.

Harrington was wearing a black T-shirt with "Pantera" in tan letters, a black mini-skirt, black tights and knee-high black boots. She had a Swarovski crystal necklace on, with large crystal chain links. She is 5 feet, 6 inches tall and weighs about 120 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes.

State police have a 24-hour-a-day tip line at (804) 263-5547. Tips can be sent to bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/state_regional/article/BODYGAT17_20091117-113201/306285/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #665 on: November 17, 2009, 04:16:16 PM »

i am really concerned about this body found in laurel, md. 
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #666 on: November 17, 2009, 04:29:05 PM »

Yes Sunshine, I am so sorry to say that I think it is Morgan. I hope to be wrong, but regardless I pray for the family who has to hear such news.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #667 on: November 17, 2009, 04:33:33 PM »

Yes Sunshine, I am so sorry to say that I think it is Morgan. I hope to be wrong, but regardless I pray for the family who has to hear such news.

Blink ..Did you see my comment on the page before this?  I think Laurel might be her too.  I am thinking of someone who has a first initial of D I think?  Not the Wayne guy.
The security guy.

MunkeyMunk
Scared Monkey

MONAVIE- Drink it. Feel it. Share it.

« Reply #668 on: November 17, 2009, 04:40:56 PM »

Oh No Blink
MunkeyMunk
Scared Monkey

MONAVIE- Drink it. Feel it. Share it.

« Reply #669 on: November 17, 2009, 04:46:26 PM »

<snipped>
LAUREL, Md. (WUSA) --Prince George's County Police are investigating the death of a man whose body was found in a trash compactor at a recycling center in Laurel Tuesday morning. Police later identified the man as 45-year-old Lindolph Marcellouf, Jr., of the 12300 blk of William Beanes Road in Upper Marlboro.

His body was taken to the medical examiners office where an  autopsy will be performed in order to determine the cause of death
http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=93813&catid=158

?????
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #670 on: November 17, 2009, 04:49:37 PM »

Better for the family to know now then never know..

Still I hope for the best BUT Somebody has lost a son or daughter in various cases of bodies found in this area.. So many bodies.. Like a war zone.. A shame indeed.

Hitchhiking in this day is suicide.
jmho
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #671 on: November 17, 2009, 04:54:08 PM »

<snipped>
LAUREL, Md. (WUSA) --Prince George's County Police are investigating the death of a man whose body was found in a trash compactor at a recycling center in Laurel Tuesday morning. Police later identified the man as 45-year-old Lindolph Marcellouf, Jr., of the 12300 blk of William Beanes Road in Upper Marlboro.

His body was taken to the medical examiners office where an  autopsy will be performed in order to determine the cause of death

?????

Oh I am so sorry for this poor man and his family.  Prayers to them.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #672 on: November 17, 2009, 05:04:05 PM »

<snipped>

?????

Yes, prayers for his family and a sigh for Morgan. I'm almost afraid to think what tomorrow will bring.

Oh I am so sorry for this poor man and his family.  Prayers to them.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #673 on: November 17, 2009, 05:06:16 PM »

Blink ..Did you see my comment on the page before this?  I think Laurel might be her too.  I am thinking of someone who has a first initial of D I think?  Not the Wayne guy.
The security guy.

Yes, I know exactly who you mean Gypsy. There are some other strange things brewing if you will, odd connections.
It seems he also worked security at another event Morgan attended.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #674 on: November 17, 2009, 05:36:08 PM »

Thanks for the updates.
Blink,I feel so very sad today.I am still praying for Morgan.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #675 on: November 17, 2009, 05:37:59 PM »

jmho
She sure does, very strong woman, no way could I be strong like she and Morgan's dad  an angelic monkey

I agree NRCG,she is a very strong woman.    an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #676 on: November 17, 2009, 06:36:19 PM »

do you guys think its possible that the connection between morgan and the perp is a connection from virginia tech?   if she met with foul play at the hands of someone else, don't perps usually leave their victims in places they are somewhat familiar with?  i firmly believe she will be found somewhere between uva and virginia tech...and much of the area between these two places is extremely rural.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #677 on: November 17, 2009, 09:25:16 PM »

Posted: 8:31 PM Nov 17, 2009

One Month Mark Since Morgan Harrington Disappeared

Charlottesville, Va.
On the one-month anniversary of her daughter's disappearance, Morgan Harrington's mother released a new statement about her search and state police are trying to refute rumors about a woman's body that was found in Roanoke.

Virginia State Police say, based on a description and other evidence, the body that was found is that of another woman.

In the time since Morgan was last seen, police have gotten about 500 tips. So far, none of the tips has led to the missing 20-year-old Virginia Tech student.

Morgan disappeared after attempting to go to a Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville October 17.

Police say she was last seen trying to hitchhike on the Copeley Street Bridge, which is something her mother, Gil Harrington, has said Morgan would not do.

Her parents, Dan and Gil Harrington, are working hard to keep her story alive. In a blog on the Find Morgan Website, Gil added a new post.

She writes, "Acknowledging and sharing in the joys of your colleagues and friends is what makes life rich and worth living. Holding others up when tragedy hits, as we are being held. If you let the loss ruin your life you let the guys who snatched Morgan win, you let evil win. I cannot let that happen."

A close friend of the Harrington’s is also not giving up.

Karen Remine says, "Someone out there knows where Morgan is. And they know how to find her. So we are appealing that that person step forward or if you know of someone who knows where Morgan is."

People have been posting their theories online, including one person who says Morgan was seen walking with a group of University of Virginia basketball players near where her purse was later found.

However, the school would not confirm or deny this claim and said people should take their information to the police.

Police released a detailed timeline of Morgan's movements the night she disappeared about two weeks ago. It ends at 9:30 p.m. when she was seen on the Copeley Street Bridge.

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/70325837.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #678 on: November 17, 2009, 09:47:18 PM »

do you guys think its possible that the connection between morgan and the perp is a connection from virginia tech?   if she met with foul play at the hands of someone else, don't perps usually leave their victims in places they are somewhat familiar with?  i firmly believe she will be found somewhere between uva and virginia tech...and much of the area between these two places is extremely rural.

Somewhat..yes.  I do believe she was familiar with the perp.  None of this hitchig a ride, etc, etc,..it just doesn't fit with the person she seems to have been.  I think she will be found in a somewhat rural area..she thought she was getting a ride home..be that JMU, VATECH or her parents in Roanoke.  Virginia is beautiful ..but there are many rural and mountainous areas..like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #679 on: November 17, 2009, 09:50:06 PM »

Here is the UVA basketball line up.
 Hometown (Prev School) 
0    Doug Browman  G  5-11  182  Fr.  Midlothian, Va. (Montrose Christian School) 
1    Jontel Evans  G  5-11  185  Fr.  Hampton, Va. (Bethel) 
2    Mustapha Farrakhan  G  6-4  175  Jr.  Harvey, Ill. (Thornton Township) 
4    Calvin Baker  G  6-2  190  Sr.  Newport News, Va. (Woodside) 
5    Assane Sene  C  7-0  234  So.  Saint-Louis, Senegal (South Kent) 
10    Tom Jonke  G  6-0  170  Sr.  Commack, N.Y. (Commack) 
11    Thomas Kody  G  6-3  183  Fr.  McLean, Va. (Langley) 
12    Jamil Tucker  F  6-9  240  Sr.  Gary, Ind. (West Side) 
13    Sammy Zeglinski  G  6-0  182  So.  Philadelphia, Pa. (The William Penn Charter School) 
15    Sylven Landesberg  G  6-6  207  So.  Flushing, N.Y. (Holy Cross) 
22    Will Sherrill  F  6-9  217  Jr.  New York, N.Y. (Phillips Academy Andover) 
23    Jeff Jones  G  6-4  190  Jr.  Chester, Pa. (Monsignor Bonner) 
24    Tristan Spurlock  G/F  6-8  217  Fr.  Woodbridge, Va. (Word of Life Christian) 
32    Mike Scott  F  6-8  239  Jr.  Chesapeake, Va. (Hargrave Military Academy) 
45    Solomon Tat  G/F  6-5  217  Sr.  Jos Plateau, Nigeria (Community Christian School (Ga.)) 
55    Jerome Meyinsse  F/C  6-9  233  Sr.  Baton Rouge, La. (McKinley)  -------------------------------------
Someone was on Morgan's Facebook and checking her friends out. . Let's find out if she knew any of these guys. And I will go to try to find her FB.

Where do these guys usually practise ? University Hall ?

© 2009 - University of Virginia
All Rights Reserved  College Sports Direct   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.