March 18, 2024, 08:42:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748482 times)
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #680 on: November 17, 2009, 10:15:30 PM »

Here is the UVA basketball line up.
 Hometown (Prev School) 
0    Doug Browman  G  5-11  182  Fr.  Midlothian, Va. (Montrose Christian School) 
1    Jontel Evans  G  5-11  185  Fr.  Hampton, Va. (Bethel) 
2    Mustapha Farrakhan  G  6-4  175  Jr.  Harvey, Ill. (Thornton Township) 
4    Calvin Baker  G  6-2  190  Sr.  Newport News, Va. (Woodside) 
5    Assane Sene  C  7-0  234  So.  Saint-Louis, Senegal (South Kent) 
10    Tom Jonke  G  6-0  170  Sr.  Commack, N.Y. (Commack) 
11    Thomas Kody  G  6-3  183  Fr.  McLean, Va. (Langley) 
12    Jamil Tucker  F  6-9  240  Sr.  Gary, Ind. (West Side) 
13    Sammy Zeglinski  G  6-0  182  So.  Philadelphia, Pa. (The William Penn Charter School) 
15    Sylven Landesberg  G  6-6  207  So.  Flushing, N.Y. (Holy Cross) 
22    Will Sherrill  F  6-9  217  Jr.  New York, N.Y. (Phillips Academy Andover) 
23    Jeff Jones  G  6-4  190  Jr.  Chester, Pa. (Monsignor Bonner) 
24    Tristan Spurlock  G/F  6-8  217  Fr.  Woodbridge, Va. (Word of Life Christian) 
32    Mike Scott  F  6-8  239  Jr.  Chesapeake, Va. (Hargrave Military Academy) 
45    Solomon Tat  G/F  6-5  217  Sr.  Jos Plateau, Nigeria (Community Christian School (Ga.)) 
55    Jerome Meyinsse  F/C  6-9  233  Sr.  Baton Rouge, La. (McKinley)  -------------------------------------
Someone was on Morgan's Facebook and checking her friends out. . Let's find out if she knew any of these guys. And I will go to try to find her FB.

Where do these guys usually practise ? University Hall ?

© 2009 - University of Virginia
All Rights Reserved  College Sports Direct   

i was the one that was on facebook.  she wasnt facebook friends w/any of these people... reading that roster though 2 of the players are from philly which is where i'm from. in fact one of the high schools is down the street from my job.

let me know if anyone has any areas they want me to look and see she had friends in, bc on facebook you can review the persons friends based on location and school and stuff...so let me know if theres any areas you want looked at further!
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #681 on: November 17, 2009, 10:34:31 PM »

Ty for looking at the roster and the names. It was a stretch. Back to square one.
Still no statement about the LOA for the player that tossed himself for a year. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #682 on: November 18, 2009, 05:12:57 AM »

http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-morgan-harrington-story,0,1260432.story
Who Is Morgan Harrington?
CBS 6's Catie Beck travels to Roanoke to learn more about the girl behind the headlines.

Catie Beck Staff reporter

November 17, 2009
ROANOKE - One month ago Tuesday, 20-year-old Morgan Harrington disappeared outside a concert in Charlottesville. Since then her pictures and her parents have remained in the headlines.

In fact, on the one month mark a woman's body was found in Roanoke, the city where Morgan Harrington lived with her parents. State Police quickly notified area media that the body was not Morgan.

No matter where you are in Virginia, it's hard to get away from the search for the Virginia Tech student.

But with tens of thousands of people going missing every year, we wanted to know more about the girl behind the headlines.

CBS 6 travelled to Roanoke late last week. A parade of yellow ribbons surrounded the Harrington home and the car windows of nearby neighbors have become homegrown rolling billboards.

But when Dan Harrington gets home, he says his heart sinks a little. Not because of ribbons or windows inscriptions, "I see her car outside and just for a minute there's just this thought - oh Morgan is... and then you realize that she's not (home)."

And not found. When Morgan disappeared following a Metallica concert in Charlottesville police asked the public for help, her parents pleaded for her safe return and thousands of volunteers searched the dense forests for anything that could lead them to her. Still very little is known.

"I think the first thing you think of in the morning is oh my gosh it's another day. It's a long day and we didn't get a call during the night," says Morgan's father.

The image of Morgan greets anyone who enters the Harrington home. But if you take a few steps further you'll find an image she created.

"Morgan a self-taught artist created a self-portrait her senior year that hangs in the home among a dozen other paintings. Her parents call her "artsy" and "free-spirited".
"A lot of breath to her people will say one word but you can't encompass someone in one word...she's complicated."

Morgan's bedroom shows her complexity. Posters of heavy metal bands alongside one of Marilyn Monroe or the Beatles.

Black high heels next to high top sneakers. Her mother Gill says she has archived Morgan's keepsakes for good reason.

"All of the artwork and little shoes and this was on her crib... remember this? My hope was, she could give these things to her kids and her kids would have fun seeing them," said Gill Harrington.

One thing already handed down in the Harrington family is the use of a phrase,it's family lingo, and it's a symbol that can be seen virtually everywhere. Two dots, four dots and then one dot.

"I just flash them 2-4-1," says Gill. She explains it's meaning: "I love you too much, forever and once more."

t was the last thing Morgan said to her mother before she left for Charlottesville the night she disappeared.

"Morgan would always get in the car and flip down that visor get her lipstick on good, being Morgan, then would flip it back up. She would 2-4-1 to me and say '2-4-1' and then pull away," her mother recalls.

The Harrington's try not to think about what Morgan may be going through or what she might have already endured. Not knowing gives them temporary hope.

Gill holds strong with optimism, "Our best case scenario is that someone has abducted our daughter and not murdered her and is now just holding her against her will that's what we're hoping for."

"The prospect that you may never see your daughter again is probably one of the most painful things that a parent could have."

The day Morgan went missing the Harrington's packed a bag of her fresh clothes to take with them to the police station. They remain in the car.

"If you take them out, you're quitting on her, and we can't quit on her - you know?" Gill continues, "We're not going to quit on her."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #683 on: November 18, 2009, 08:32:58 AM »

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/news/local/article/body_found_in_roanoke_not_harringtons/49011/
Home > News> Local
Body found in Roanoke not Harrington’s
Media General News Service
Published: November 18, 2009
As the case of missing Virginia Tech student Morgan D. Harrington entered its second month, authorities on Tuesday investigated the discovery of a body in Roanoke.

But authorities said the female body discovered on Norfolk Southern railroad tracks shortly after daybreak in Roanoke is not that of Harrington.

Roanoke police detectives and a medical examiner were called to the scene, and authorities determined the female’s death did not appear suspicious. Police on Tuesday had not released a cause of death or identified the body.

Virginia State Police, the lead agency investigating the disappearance of Harrington, looked into the matter Tuesday but determined that the body was not that of Harrington, agency spokeswoman Corinne Geller said.

Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student from Roanoke, has been missing since Oct. 17, when she attended a Metallica concert at the University of Virginia’s John Paul Jones Arena.

Investigators believe Harrington was hitchhiking before she disappeared.

Tuesday’s discovery marks at least the third time investigators have checked into the possibility that a body may be Harrington.

Shortly after Harrington’s disappearance, a body was found along the Blue Ridge Parkway outside Asheville, N.C., and a badly burned female body was found Sunday, this time in Kings Mountain State Park in South Carolina. In each case, authorities found no indication that it was Harrington.

Authorities have also repudiated reports of a link between Harrington’s disappearance and the departures of two players from the UVa men’s basketball team.
Sources have said that some members of the team saw Harrington that evening.

Sophomore center Assane Sene was recently suspended for the first three games of the season for “conduct detrimental to the team,” according to UVa, and senior forward Jamil Tucker has taken an open-ended leave of absence from the team.

“These actions are in no way connected to Morgan’s disappearance,” wrote UVa spokeswoman Carol Wood in an e-mail.

Harrington was last seen wearing a black T-shirt with “Pantera” in tan letters, a black mini-skirt, black tights and knee-high black boots. She had a Swarovski crystal necklace on, with large crystal chain links. She is 5-foot-6 and weighs about 120 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes.

State police have received about 500 tips and leads. Call 352-3467 with information. Tips can be sent to bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov .

Daily Progress staff writer Ted Strong contributed to this story.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #684 on: November 18, 2009, 09:33:12 AM »

TY Trimm for the updates and articles.

Prayers to Morgan's family.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #685 on: November 18, 2009, 09:43:04 AM »

From me also  an angelic monkey  Maybe today there will be some news.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #686 on: November 18, 2009, 11:23:00 AM »

From me also  an angelic monkey  Maybe today there will be some news.

I hope so.
Praying for Morgan.    an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: November 18, 2009, 11:36:52 AM »

http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/11/18/body-found-near-bridge-not-missing-metallica-fan-morgan-harringt/
Body Found Near Bridge Not Missing Metallica Fan Morgan Harrington
Posted on Nov 18th 2009 10:00AM by Chris Harris
Rumors started to fly Nov. 18, following the discovery of a woman's body in Roanoke, Va. Was the body really that of missing Metallica fan Morgan Harrington, who'd vanished from a Metallica concert a month earlier? Fortunately for Gil and Dan Harrington, the body wasn't Morgan's, meaning the search for the 20-year-old Virginia Tech student rages on.

Authorities told reporters that the female body discovered on the Norfolk Southern railroad tracks Tuesday morning was not Harrington's, as was rumored earlier in the day. But Roanoke police detectives and a medical examiner called to the scene determined the female's death did not appear suspicious, and that the woman was not Harrington.

According to police, Tuesday's discovery marks at least the third time detectives have checked into the possibility that a discovered body may be Harrington. Soon after her disappearance, a body was found along the Blue Ridge Parkway outside Asheville, N.C., and a badly burned female body was found over the weekend in Kings Mountain State Park in South Carolina. Police are also shooting down reports that Harrington's disappearance is linked to the departures of two players from the University of Virginia's men's basketball team.

Harrington was last seen outside Metallica's Oct. 17 concert, wearing a Pantera T-shirt, a black mini-skirt, black tights and black boots. She was also wearing a Swarovski crystal necklace with large crystal chain links. Harrington went to the concert with friends, but was separated from them when she went to use the bathroom and somehow ended up outside the venue, which has a no re-entry policy. Police believe she was last seen trying to hitch a ride, which her parents say is unlike her.

On Tuesday, Harrington's mother issued another statement on her daughter's disappearance. "People want a happy ending," Gil Harrington writes. "The happy ending might not come. Instead, what they get might be a take home message and a modeling of how people can proceed through a tragedy with dignity. I believe there is a shift as a country towards community: we are seeking and feeling reconnection and intimacy."

She says she knows there are good people in the world, but "I also recognize that evil exists. The trick is to choose not to let it defeat you. And you do so by living well, not letting this tragedy poison your life. Using your pain to open yourself to others' pain and be more compassionate, make more connections rather than pull away from the world. If you let the loss ruin your life, you let the guys who snatched Morgan win, you let evil win. I cannot let that happen. Our planned circumscribed picture of a life has been fractured, but the shards can be re-arranged into a mosaic; different and abstract now, but still beautiful and precious."

~ Peter Frampton
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #688 on: November 18, 2009, 11:42:28 AM »

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/70323797.html

November 17, 2009

Morgan Harrington's mother is releasing a new statement about her mindset on the one-month mark since her daughter, Morgan Harrington's disappearance at a Metallica concert October 17th.

Over the last four weeks, Virginia State Police have gone through 500 tips and leads, including one today. A woman's body was found in Roanoke Tuesday morning, but State Police say she's not Morgan Harrington.

One month after Harrington's disappearance, there's still no sign of the Virginia Tech student.

New flowers adorn the memorial created by Harrington's family. Police say the 20-year-old was last seen hitchhiking on the Copeley Road bridge, which is unusual behavior for Morgan, according to her mother, Gil.

Gil and Dan Harrington work tirelessly to find their daughter. Gil Harrington added a new post to the "Find Morgan" blog Tuesday:

"Acknowledging and sharing in the joys of your colleagues and friends is what makes life rich and worth living. Holding others up when tragedy hits, as we are being held," Gil writes. "If you let the loss ruin your life you let the guys who snatched Morgan win, you let evil win- I cannot let that happen."

A close friend of the Harringtons isn't giving up.

"Someone out there knows where Morgan is, and they know how to find her," says Karen Remine, a close family friend.

While investigators follow the hundreds of tips from witnesses, online sleuths offer their take on what happened.

A reporter for the Internet site "Blink On Crime" and other sources say after Morgan Harrington left JPJ and before she disappeared she was seen with a group of UVa basketball players in the Lannigan Field Area where her purse was later found. Web chat rooms devoted to UVa sports buzzed about the coincidence.

UVa wouldn't confirm or deny the report, directing us to State Police, who say they can't disclose the identities of witnesses or anyone involved in the case.

However, UVa's spokesperson, Carol Wood, confirms that the suspension and leave of absense of two players on the basketball team has nothing to do with the Morgan Harrington case saying in an email, "These actions are in no way connected to Morgan's disappearance."

Harrington's family and friends hope for an end to the mystery that began one month ago.

I just wanted to post this as I really like to give proper attribution. The above newsplex article received the comment email from Ms. Wood of UVA, and had that "scoop" so to speak. With so much misinformation circulating, I thought it prudent to identify the more direct sources.

That said, I dont understand the concept of a "half" position on the matter by UVA. Then why defer to the VSP on the question regarding what UVA bb players were interviewed?
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #689 on: November 18, 2009, 11:54:06 AM »

i dont understand the half position being held by UVA either.  perhaps they have been asked by vsp not to identify which players were questioned at this point so it doesnt hinder their investigation in anyway? 

this just doesnt pass the sniff test for me
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #690 on: November 18, 2009, 12:22:09 PM »

i dont understand the half position being held by UVA either.  perhaps they have been asked by vsp not to identify which players were questioned at this point so it doesnt hinder their investigation in anyway? 

this just doesnt pass the sniff test for me

No, VSP said they do not release that info, but the players or UVA are not precluded from discussing it, "They leave that up to them."
Roxie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #691 on: November 18, 2009, 12:39:13 PM »

Prayers for Morgan and her family
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #692 on: November 18, 2009, 12:46:55 PM »

Posted on Blinksite:

From SUZ:

Hey, at least this answers my question as to whether the cell phone battery cover was recovered (it was). I somehow missed this in the article from last Sunday.

Her black purse, which could also be worn as a backpack, and battery-less cell phone were spotted by a passerby the morning of Sunday, October 18. Geller says the battery cover was also recovered and that Morgan’s family says the “condition of the phone” meant the battery could come out easily if the phone was dropped. Geller says there was no sign of a struggle.
http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2009/11/15/concerned-witnesses-before-hitching-morgan-harrington-caused-worry/

Still odd that the battery was never found.

My response: This is what drives me batty. So, was the battery cover ON THE PHONE? Or was it recovered seperately in the purse, nearby or other? That is HUGE??
B
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #693 on: November 18, 2009, 12:48:56 PM »

Trimm, thank you so much for all the updates and Blink thank you for all you do.
Prayers for the Harrington family.

2 4 1
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: November 18, 2009, 01:28:25 PM »

Trimm, thank you so much for all the updates and Blink thank you for all you do.
Prayers for the Harrington family.

You are welcome.
Still praying for Morgan.    an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #695 on: November 18, 2009, 01:29:06 PM »

A sports team gang rape and murder ?

Where are all the players who were seen with her ?? Why are they not speaking up in public ?
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #696 on: November 18, 2009, 01:36:27 PM »

She was seen outside the arena ..
She was seen on a bridge that appears to have 3 different names..judging by various news reports.
She is now seen with a bunch of sports players..
Her handbag and phone found but no battery, where she is seen with the team players...

Silence out of the teams players and some person running guard for them.. no way they did not do anything..no..no..no..

They all need to be interrogated separately..

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #697 on: November 18, 2009, 01:40:35 PM »

Another VA Student shot and murdered by apparent hunting accident.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/11/18/national/a100210S56.DTL&tsp=1

Were they friends ? who is the shooter ? is he a student also ?

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #698 on: November 18, 2009, 01:45:08 PM »

Look at the dynamics of a gang rape in this currant crime committed in Richmond California a few weeks ago and consider what may have happened in this situation concerning Morgan.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/11/18/national/a100210S56.DTL&tsp=1
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #699 on: November 18, 2009, 01:45:56 PM »

in regards to the battery cover and the phone battery...

if morgan dropped her phone during a struggle in the parking lot and the battery cover was found on the ground in the parking lot and was found seperately from the phone, i  think they would have found the actual phone battery in the same area as well.  it wouldnt have just disappearred into thin air unless the perp picked up the battery off the ground and took it with them.  if this was the case this would suggest a perp that has knowledge of how criminal investigations work. 

maybe its also possible that morgan had dropped her phone and the battery came out (this happens to me if i drop my phone, the battery cover comes off and the battery comes out) and when she bent down to try to pick up the phone, battery, and battery cover, whoever is responsible for her disappearnce grabbed her while she was in a vulnerable position and put her in his car before she could grab the phone and the battery cover. maybe all she had time to grab was the battery?  i know this is very far fetched but it could be possible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.