March 18, 2024, 10:51:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748507 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #700 on: November 18, 2009, 01:47:27 PM »

Damn that was the wrong link !!!   

Here is the correct one..

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/11/17/national/a101238S78.DTL
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #701 on: November 18, 2009, 01:54:45 PM »

Not farfetched at all sunshine12

There is a person or persons to have done this deliberately.. There is a criminal mind at work.

1. Security guard..... Knows what police will look for.

BUT not only a security guard.. A group of half drunk males could have commited an act.

Why was she seen hitchiking ?? Was she given a date rape drug ?? She was acting out of her mind..

That battery missing speaks volumes to me..
body is in some field or in the water.. All by design
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #702 on: November 18, 2009, 02:06:58 PM »

i also wanted to say that i think its wayyy too coincidental that the hitch hiking story hit the press after it became public knowledge that UVA bball players had been seen with Morgan the night she went missing in the same parking lot that her cell phone and purse were found in
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #703 on: November 18, 2009, 02:12:45 PM »

Damn that was the wrong link !!!   

Here is the correct one..

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/11/17/national/a101238S78.DTL

Not far from the pulsating music and dancing of the high school homecoming, young men were drinking in a dimly-lit courtyard out of sight of chaperones.

A friend invited a 16-year-old girl to join them, and she started drinking hard liquor, too. Soon another group of young men came over.

The ingredients for tragedy all were present, experts say. A bunch of men. A vulnerable young woman. Alcohol.

What happened next, authorities say, degenerated into a two-hour-long gang rape by as many as 10 males. Another 20 people allegedly watched as the victim was assaulted, beaten bloody and robbed of her jewelry but they did not stop it or call police.

The attack late last month led to six arrests, captured nationwide headlines and put this community of 103,000 on the eastern San Francisco Bay shoreline through spasms of self examination. Hundreds attended support rallies for the victim.

Some saw the crime as an outgrowth of Richmond's street violence and poverty. But experts say gang rapes happen in all segments of society — white and minority, rich and poor. And they say the attackers often are bonded males ranging from gang members and neighborhood pals to teammates and fraternity brothers.

"Everybody was asking why did this happen?" said Peggy Reeves Sanday, a University of Pennsylvania anthropologist who has written extensively about gang rape. "It's very clear if you look at the male culture and the bonding culture of young males and the adventure and bravado of a social situation."

Authorities said the suspects knew each other from either attending or having ties to the high school. However, they said any apparent bonds quickly eroded during police questioning as the suspects attempted to shift blame to their alleged accomplices.

"Just pointing the fingers at other suspects places them at the scene of the crime," said Steven Clark, a defense attorney and former prosecutor. "I'm sure they're thinking about cooperating with the district attorney if they could get a lesser sentence."

In many gang-rape cases, Sanday said, the victim is drunk, mentally disabled, lured by someone she has a crush on or considers a boyfriend.

The victim here was a Richmond High School student.

After leaving the dance early, she was waiting outside for her father to pick her up when she heard a familiar voice. A classmate invited her to hang out with him and a few guys in the shadowy courtyard.

She hopped a short gate and began drinking with them. More young men joined them.

"That's when the dynamics changed," said Richmond Police Lt. Mark Gagan, noting the assault soon began.

In gang rapes where bystanders are egging on the others, Sanday said, "it is part of the male ritual. It involves proving their sexual prowess."

School officials and authorities said the victim felt betrayed because she knew a few of her alleged attackers and considered one a trusted friend.

"She is a young girl who's impressionable and, I think, wonders if this is what the world is really like," said Richmond police Sgt. Lori Curran, a lead investigator.

The victim has since been flooded with gifts and letters of support. In a letter read by her family pastor during a vigil, she urged the community to remain calm and "let that anger cause change."

As the investigation continues, disturbing questions hang over the tragedy: Why didn't anyone stop the attack or tell the dance's 10 chaperones, four police officers among them?

"Where were our neighbors, our fellow country-people who witness such a horrific crime and are afraid to call 911?" asked Terry O'Neill, president of the National Organization for Women.

In many sexual assaults, the larger the crowd watching, the less likely someone will intervene, said Sharyn Potter, a sociology professor at the University of New Hampshire.

"They worry about retaliation, their social status among their peers, being labeled as a 'snitch' and their own physical safety," said Potter.

It took someone who was nowhere near the dance to alert police.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/11/17/national/a101238S78.DTL#ixzz1VDVY7pMk

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #704 on: November 18, 2009, 02:22:38 PM »

Like she was hitchiking after being druged and raped and one of her attackers removed her cellphone battery so she would not call anyone ?? she was just trying to get away.. 
The boys then decided she was going to make accusations .. so.....

It all makes sense when you consider the possible.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #705 on: November 18, 2009, 03:18:58 PM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog
My Philosophy of Life, by: Morgan Harrington
On November - 18 - 2009

Morgan Harrington

Zeek- English 111

Reader’s Journal #3

11 September 2006
“My Philosophy of Life”

This weekend, my mom told me that my chores would involve outdoor

work instead of the usual indoor vacuuming. I was not thrilled about this change

from my typical routine and had a bad attitude when I first knelt down to begin

gardening. Once my body finally adjusted to the heat and my hand movements

developed a circular pattern to spread the soil, I grew comfortable in nature next

to my mom. As I thumped the earth around the roots of the flowers, my mind

began to wander. It was then that I realized how plants are very similar to

people.
Just as people need certain things to survive, plants do as well. A young

plant needs serious attention from a gardener until it grows strong enough to

thrive on its own. A gardener must position the plant in an area where the sprout

will receive just the right amount of sunlight; however, too much sun will cause

the plant’s leaves to shrivel up and eventually it will die. Regular water is also a

necessity required for plant survival but too much water will wash the roots right

out of the ground and kill the plant. After the plant has been placed, and

nurtured, the gardener has to step back and let nature run its course. The plant

still requires some nurturing and care, but survival is up to the plant. Some

seeds never sprout, some blooms shrivel up and die unexplainably, and some

plants never seem to grow to the expected size and splendor. There is only so
much tending a gardener can do and the rest is up to nature and the plant.

A person must be carefully nurtured and have good values instilled in him

when he is young and begins maturing. Childhood is a “make or break it” stage

in development where the individual is very fragile; therefore, parents must raise

their kids with the best intentions. Parents must introduce tools for success to

their children at a young age, for example, stressing the value of a good

education. If a parent is overly emphatic and insistent about school, though, a

child might reject learning altogether. Informing kids about the hardships in life is

also something that a parent must do; however, if the parent reveals too much
about suffering, the child could become overwhelmed and fearful of the world.

Protection from overexposure to danger is necessary to a certain extent to

maintain innocence, but there is a fine line between being protective and

smothering the individual one tries to protect. Parents lay a foundation for their

children, but after a certain point, it is truly up to the child whether or not he wants

to thrive. Some kids have many opportunities presented to them but never take

advantage of them, some kids drop out of high school, and some kids fail to

reach their full potential. There is only so much a parent can do and it is really up

to each child to lift his head up and reach for the sun.
I watched my mom clip dead basil leaves and I felt even more confident

that my newly discovered philosophy of life was correct. My mom taught me

about life and raised me to uphold certain values, but now I’m a senior in high

school and I’m starting to make decisions for myself and emerge as my own

person. I will always remember what she taught me and keep that knowledge in

mind as I make independent decisions. Now I can only hope that the flowers we

planted will do the same – but even if they don’t, I still have experienced a growth

of insight as well as greater closeness with my mom through this simple

gardening project.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: November 18, 2009, 04:15:17 PM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=130610
METALLICA Bassist On Missing Fan: 'I Was Crushed' - Nov. 18, 2009
The Pulse of Radio reports: Tuesday (November 17) marked one month since the disappearance of METALLICA fan Morgan Harrington from outside the band's concert in Charlottesville, Virginia. The 20-year-old Virginia Tech student vanished after she accidentally left the venue and was unable to get back in. Although she called her friends inside and said she'd either wait for them or find her own way home, Harrington was not seen again. METALLICA bassist Robert Trujillo told The Pulse of Radio how he felt when he first heard about the situation. "I mean, I was crushed," he said. "Stuff like this just really, really bums me out, especially when you are a parent and you have children. I mean, it's the worst thing that you could ever imagine. And of course, you know, we're all hoping for the best and just praying that she's alive. It really hit a sour chord with us and bummed us out."

Police have had few leads in the Harrington case, despite extensive searches by air and on the ground. Her cell phone and purse were found in the area outside the arena, with one report suggesting that she might have tried to use another concertgoer's phone to make a call.

Other unconfirmed reports suggest that Harrington was last seen hitchhiking.
Harrington's parents have offered a $100,000 reward for information on her whereabouts, with METALLICA adding another $50,000 to the total.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has gotten involved with the search, fielding calls and taking any information about Harrington's case. Executive director Bob Lowery told Noisecreep.com, "We're going to pursue this case like Morgan is still alive and she's safe and we're not going to give up until we find out otherwise."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #707 on: November 18, 2009, 04:56:54 PM »

http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=11531870
Harrington Search Day 32
Posted: Nov 18, 2009 3:39 PM CST Updated: Nov 18, 2009 3:41 PM CST
Morgan Harrington Morgan Harrington
Morgan Harrington Morgan Harrington
Dan and Gil Harrington Dan and Gil Harrington

It's been 32 days since Morgan Harrington disappeared outside the Metallica concert at John Paul Jones Arena. Wednesday her parents were back in Charlottesville to meet with state police and to spend time at the last place she was seen.

Dan and Gil Harrington were here to take Morgan’s dental records to state police investigators. Before that meeting, they spent a few very emotional minutes at the Copeley Road Bridge where Morgan was last seen hitching a ride at 9:30 the night of October 17.

The Harrington’s brought flowers and new weather-proof signs to the memorial on the bridge. Morgan's parents also hung Tibetan prayer flags, which Gil Harrington says Morgan hung in her apartment in bedroom. They say they just feel the need to be where she was last seen and in the community where she was abducted from.

Gil Harrington says she's staying optimistic about finding her daughter, but it's getting harder. “Until this point I have been saying that we're getting ragged. But I would say as of last night, we're kind of unraveling a bit because it has been a month and that's a big block of time. And you know a holiday for families is right around the corner and our family is fractured. It's difficult.”

Dan Harrington said, “After someone has done something like this, it would be very usual for them to have some strange behaviors or some odd behaviors and if someone can think back to that period of time and think of someone that maybe was acting strangely to also notify the police.”

The Harrington’s stressed that the memorial on the bridge is in no way a sign that they've given up hope.
State police are operating the investigation under the assumption that Morgan is still alive until there's evidence that says something different. Anyone with any information, no matter how small you think it is, is asked to call the tip line at 434-352-3467.

~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #708 on: November 18, 2009, 06:36:06 PM »

ps What is a Blue Phone ? Is that like a phone booth ? Sorry, I am Canadian.

My apologies Kat, I should have worded that differently. They are the UVA emergency phones located throughout the campus.

If you click on the pdf link I posted above and choose the first option "Lighted pathways and Phones", it shows you the perpetually lit pathways and "blue phones" relative to the campus. It is clear to me Morgan went to the LEAST visible, LEAST safe area of the campus. If she went there to grab a cab, that would make sense to me, but also would indicate what happened to her, happened at least, initially there.

I'm sorry, the hitchhiking thing is proposterous to me. Why with HUNDREDS of emergency phones ( if in fact her phone was now broken) would this intelligent young woman bypass the equivalent of cabstands and "thumb it". No way.

Imo, Morgan Harrington was either lured there, or meeting someone she knew, or at least was aquainted with enough to trust for a ride.

True.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #709 on: November 18, 2009, 08:42:12 PM »

There are too many things being held back from us, the public, to even try to figure out what happened here.
Her friends statement that she would get a ride with friends or meet with them later after the concert was over.
That was one of the first things that caught my attention.
What friends ? Did she run into some outside before that statment was made ? Did she have friends at UVA ?
That weren't going to the concert ?
Morgan wasn't a stupid girl and I don't believe the hitchhiking story. Concerts are sometimes a freak show
and to risk getting in a car with a total stranger is just plain unMorgan. I know that her family thinks she is wonderful and she most likely is, her writing is that of an intelligent and caring girl. Even if she was mildly
buzzed on a few drinks or a " smoke", it's too stupid.
Even if she didn't use the blue phones, she could have found a pay phone to call her freinds if her battery was low or dead.
Her friends are way too unforthcoming. The basketball players same thing.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #710 on: November 19, 2009, 06:38:47 AM »

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/local/article/morgan_harringtons_parents_head_back_to_charlottesville_in_search_for_daugh/63355/
Morgan Harrington’s parents head back to Charlottesville in search for daughter
WSLS News Staff
news@wsls.com
Published: November 18, 2009
Updated: November 18, 2009
The parents of missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington headed back to Charlottesville on Wednesday.

It’s been more than a month since Dan and Gil Harrington’s daughter vanished, following a Metallica concert at the University of Virginia’s John Paul Jones Arena.

The Harringtons brought fresh flowers and new weather proof signs to the last place witnesses saw Morgan, at the Copeley Road bridge on UVA’s campus. State Police say witnesses told investigators that Morgan was trying to catch a ride.

Morgan’s mother Gil said Wednesday that she’s staying optimistic about finding her daughter, but it’s becoming more difficult.

“Until this point I have been saying that we’re getting ragged. but i would say as of last night, we’re kind of unraveling a bit because it has been a month and that’s a big block of time. and you know a holiday for families is right around the corner and our family is fractured,“ Gil Harrington told our NBC affiliate in Charlottesville WVIR.

The Harringtons also spoke with State Police on Wednesday, and dropped off a copy of Morgan’s dental records.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #711 on: November 19, 2009, 10:02:38 AM »

http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/11/19/metallica-missing-fan-trujillo-harrington/

Metallica's Robert Trujillo Comments on Missing Fan Morgan Harrington
Posted on Nov 19th 2009 9:30AM by Chris Harris
She's been missing for over a month, despite a $150,000 reward for information regarding her disappearance, but the parents of Metallica fan and 20-year-old Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington are not giving up. They won't stop searching until Morgan is found, and according to Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo, the band is praying for her safe return.

"I was crushed," Trujillo says in a recent interview, about learning of Harrington's disappearance; he added that the case has been ever-present on the band members' minds. "Stuff like this just really, really bums me out, especially when you are a parent and you have children. I mean, it's the worst thing that you could ever imagine. And of course, you know, we're all hoping for the best and just praying that she's alive. It really hit a sour chord with us and bummed us out."

Harrington hasn't been seen since Metallica's Oct. 17 concert, which she attended with friends. She became separated from the group, and ended up outside the venue, where there is a no re-entry policy. Police have very few leads, but say Morgan was last seen hitching for a ride on a nearby bridge. Investigators also believe she may have tried to use another concert-goer's phone to make a call.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has gotten involved with the case, fielding calls and taking any information about Harrington's case.
Trujillo is the second member of the band to comment on the case. Last month, guitarist Kirk Hammett told reporters that the band was "staying positive that she will be found soon," and added that "we are all hoping for the best and praying for her and her family. We all have children and as parents ourselves, it's our worst nightmare for a child to go out and not come back home. We empathize with that greatly, so we are doing what we can to help find her. We are staying positive."

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #712 on: November 19, 2009, 02:54:15 PM »

http://www.c-ville.com/index.php?cat=1991704080566501&act=post&pid=12031911090388265

This Just In
by C-VILLE Writers
Parents of missing Morgan Harrington give dental records to state police
by Chiara Canzi, November 19th 02:32pm

The parents of missing VT student Morgan Harrington were in town yesterday to deliver their daughter’s dental records to the state police.

The Newsplex reports that Dan and Gil Harrington put posters of their daughter and painted the family symbol on the Copeley Road bridge, near the John Paul Jones Arena where Harrington was attending a Metallica concert on Saturday, October 17.

According to the report, Harrington’s parents believe she was abducted and accomplices are involved.

For clues leading to Harrington’s return, the family has put up a $100,000 reward. The band Metallica has added $50,000.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #713 on: November 19, 2009, 02:54:56 PM »

Praying for Morgan.   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #714 on: November 19, 2009, 05:18:03 PM »

http://findmorgan.com/
Virtual Visual: Saturday, November 21st 2009 at 9:00 PM EST - people all over the country and as far as we can spread this message will be lighting a candle - thinking of Morgan - Praying for Morgan and her family!

We are frequently asked by community members how they can assist in the search for Morgan. Fliers are available on the downloads (http://findmorgan.com/download) page, which you can save to your computer to print and distribute.

We encourage you to print, e-mail or fax these fliers to Chambers of Commerce and their members; local, regional, and national law enforcement agencies; shopping centers; service stations, hotels; hospitals; apartment complexes; airports; rental car agencies; universities in VA, and your own contacts.

Victim Description

EYES: Blue
HAIR: Blonde
HEIGHT: 5'6"
WEIGHT: 120 lbs
John Paul Jones Arena
Charlottesville, VA

Contact Information

Tip Line: (434) 352-3467

State Police E-Mail:
bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov

General: info@findmorgan.com

~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #715 on: November 19, 2009, 06:07:56 PM »

any law enforcment have boys on the team ?
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #716 on: November 19, 2009, 07:02:29 PM »

GREAT question Edward!!!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #717 on: November 19, 2009, 07:46:46 PM »

GREAT question Edward!!!
Now that is a very interesting question.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #718 on: November 19, 2009, 08:38:35 PM »

Praying for Morgan.   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #719 on: November 20, 2009, 06:31:28 AM »

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/state_regional/article/TECH20_20091119-222206/306863/
Family of missing Tech student clings to hope
TED STRONG MEDIA GENERAL NEWS SERVICE
Published: November 20, 2009
CHARLOTTESVILLE -- Morgan Dana Harrington's parents this week visited the Copeley Road bridge where she was last seen to leave mementos and posters at a small, makeshift memorial.

"We are not building a mausoleum. This is her place of hope," said her mother, Gil Harrington.

Morgan Harrington, 20, disappeared the night of Oct. 17 after leaving a Metallica concert at the University of Virginia's John Paul Jones Arena. Police have said they've received several reports of a woman matching her description hitchhiking at about 9:30 that night on the bridge, which crosses railroad tracks.

On Wednesday, Harrington's parents taped up laminated posters about their daughter and left a variety of mementos, as well as handing out business cards asking for help finding the missing Virginia Tech student.

A streamer of Tibetan prayer flags also draped the bridge. Prayer flags are a favorite of Morgan's, and she displayed them on a balcony in Blacksburg and on her bed in her parents' Roanoke home, her mother said.

Her parents said that as far as they know, state police haven't established a timeline beyond the 9:30 p.m. spotting on the bridge.

Her mother believes she was likely trying to return to James Madison University in Harrisonburg. "If she was traveling under her own wishes, that's the direction she would have been heading," Gil Harrington said.
Morgan Harrington had stopped at JMU on her way to the concert in Charlottesville. From there, she rode in her own car with a group of friends, one of whom drove to U.Va.

In the month since their daughter went missing, the Harringtons have been doing whatever they can to keep her disappearance in the news. Her case has been featured on "Nancy Grace" and "Dr. Phil," and her photograph has appeared on the cover of People magazine.

A host of benefactors has allowed Crime Stoppers to offer a reward of more than $150,000 for information leading to her location.

The family also has been using tools such as Facebook, said her father, Dan Harrington.

"We've used the social networking I think pretty significantly to get the word out and keep the story going," he said.

But the one-month mark has been particularly hard on the family, Gil Harrington said. "I would say . . . we've kind of unraveled," she said.

She urged anyone who might know something to come forward.

"There's a really big reward out there, and we would love to have our daughter home for Thanksgiving," she said.

Morgan Harrington is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs about 120 pounds. She was last seen wearing a black T-shirt with "Pantera" written across the front in tan letters, a black miniskirt, black tights and black boots. She also was wearing a Swarovski crystal necklace with a chain-link design that her brother had given her.

State police have received about 500 tips and leads. They have a 24-hour tip line at (804) 263-5547. Tips can be sent to bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov .

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.