March 19, 2024, 01:17:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748541 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #720 on: November 20, 2009, 09:49:38 AM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/11/19/morgan-harrington-case-separating-fact-from-fiction-part-i/

Morgan Harrington Case: Separating Fact From Fiction Part I
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #721 on: November 20, 2009, 10:07:13 AM »

Thank you Klaas and Blink. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #722 on: November 20, 2009, 10:24:11 AM »

Excellent work Blink !!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #723 on: November 20, 2009, 10:57:54 AM »

Excellent work Blink !!

I'll second that.
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #724 on: November 20, 2009, 11:06:52 AM »

Excellent work Blink !!

I'll second that.

me too, im glad it has been clarified what parking lot her cell phone and bag was found in.  i also think it says a lot that only athletes and certain alums can park in that lot. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #725 on: November 20, 2009, 12:10:46 PM »

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stories/14724/event-aims-to-rekindle-search-for-harrington

Event aims to rekindle search for Harrington

Thursday, November 19, 2009; 10:28 PM | 0 | ShareThis | Print

by Priya Saxena, news staff writer
Participating communities around the world will light candles in a vigil for missing Tech student Morgan Dana Harrington on Saturday, Nov. 21 at 9 p.m.

Kenny Jarels, a member of the electrical and computer engineering technical support staff at Virginia Tech, is teaming up with several others in moderating and spreading awareness about the event.

The vigil, called “Light The World For Morgan,” intends for people to come out of their homes and show the Harringtons that people are out there and still hoping for her safe return home, Jarels said.

The vigil will be held around the country until 10 p.m. However, Tech students are not the only people who plan to participate, Jarels said.

He said the organizers had received many responses from the U.K. and registered confirmations from individuals in France, Canada and other states in the U.S. from Hawaii to New York.

“All we’re doing is we’re showing that we haven’t given up hope that Morgan can come home safely,” Jarels said. “It’s a support of Daniel and Gil Harrington.”

Jarels said he hoped all the neighbors would come out at 9 p.m., along with the Harrington family, to demonstrate their support.
The idea for this event originated from many individuals posting their thoughts and ideas on a message board on a Web site dedicated to Harrington’s search, FindMorgan.com.

“We feel like at this particular time of Thanksgiving, it’s the perfect time to do it,” Jarels said. “We want to lift up their spirits. We want them to see the support from practically here all the way to California.”

Harrington, 20, disappeared on Oct. 17 near a Metallica concert that was held in the University of Virginia’s John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville, Va.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #726 on: November 20, 2009, 12:15:05 PM »

Good Job Blink! Thank You

2 4 1
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #727 on: November 20, 2009, 02:23:33 PM »

NEW BLINK POST - PART II

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/11/20/morgan-harrington-case-separating-fact-from-fiction-from-facebook-part-ii/

Morgan Harrington Case: Separating Fact From Fiction From Facebook Part II
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #728 on: November 20, 2009, 03:06:13 PM »

NEW BLINK POST - PART II

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/11/20/morgan-harrington-case-separating-fact-from-fiction-from-facebook-part-ii/

Thanks, that Nelson Kane dude, is one weird character, he gives me the creeps 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #729 on: November 20, 2009, 03:15:15 PM »

Who gives me the creeps is the 3 basketball players..
I think one of the names is Nigel who has taken some time off from the team.

This other fellow mentioned is nothing in my humble opinion.

Morgan may have decided to spend some time with the players.. then she is seen at 3:30 in the morning half dressed comming out of a uva building half clothed.

The hitchiking thing.. That is just one weird thing for sure..
The battery missing on the cell phone shows intent on not allowing her to call somebody for a ride..

Yep I think one of the players came back for her and gave her a ride to her death.
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #730 on: November 20, 2009, 04:09:17 PM »

NEW BLINK POST - PART II

Thanks, that Nelson Kane dude, is one weird character, he gives me the creeps 

Agree ... for some reason my gut is more inclined to believe an older perp is responsible ... perhaps a harmless looking man.

Great work as usual, Blink.

I remember you, Caylee.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #731 on: November 20, 2009, 05:54:08 PM »

She said that she would get a ride with friends in C'ville.
I think there is a reason we don't hear what the friends version is of this.
She had friends at UVA. Names have probably been provided.
She was seen walking thru UHall parking lot. There were activites there. She could have stopped in there to use a pay phone if her battery was low or dead.
There has to be a reason why the friends and her family are being so quiet about all of this. 
Her mother thinks the guy had accomplices. I think the guy has an alibi from friends.
The stuff that her mother is publishing on the Family Blog is about how wonderful Morgan is.
The essays she wrote. They are trying to appeal to the accomplices.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #732 on: November 20, 2009, 08:04:56 PM »

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/local/article/vt_staffer_plans_worldwide_vigil_for_morgan_harrington/63745/
Virginia Tech worker plans worldwide vigil for Morgan Harrington

By Jarett Henshaw
Published: November 20, 2009
Updated: November 20, 2009
Kenny Jarels first met the Harringtons two weeks ago in Charlottesville when he helped with the volunteer search for new leads in the disappearance of Morgan Harrington.

“During this time, I saw the anguish and the pain that Dan and Gill Harrington were going through,” said Jarels.

Jarels says as the holidays get closer, he knew it would get tougher and tougher for them, so he and another supporter organized a candlelight vigil called “Lighting the World with Candles for Morgan” Saturday night.

Students at Tech leave for fall break today so Jarels says there probably will be only a small group participating in the vigil, but he says there will be people lighting candles all over the world.

People on findmorgan.com have responded from Canada, England, France, China, Japan, New Zealand, and 25 other states saying they would participate in the vigil.

“It’s amazing to me the outpouring that people all across not just the United States but across the world are showing these people,” said Jarels.

He’s encouraging everyone talks to on the website to go outside at nine pm, light a candle, and pray for Morgan and her family.
“It doesn’t matter if you’re in your backyard, in your front yard, if you’re on the beach, it doesn’t matter,” said Jarels.

Jarels says he wants the Harringtons to come outside there home and see dozens of candles all around to show that everyone is supporting them.  He says he hopes the vigil will reach someone, somewhere in the world that will help bring Morgan home.

For more information go to http://www.findmorgan.com

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: November 20, 2009, 08:05:40 PM »

Praying for Morgan.   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #734 on: November 21, 2009, 02:14:39 PM »

Who gives me the creeps is the 3 basketball players..
I think one of the names is Nigel who has taken some time off from the team.

This other fellow mentioned is nothing in my humble opinion.

Morgan may have decided to spend some time with the players.. then she is seen at 3:30 in the morning half dressed comming out of a uva building half clothed.

The hitchiking thing.. That is just one weird thing for sure..
The battery missing on the cell phone shows intent on not allowing her to call somebody for a ride..

Yep I think one of the players came back for her and gave her a ride to her death.

After doing some research last night and this morning I have to change my mind on the basketball players..
 She most likely did spend some time with the 3 basketball players if you know what I mean.
Are they responsible for her afterwords ? When she is seen by the woman newspaper delivery person at 3:30 a.m. coming out of a building half dressed ?
Well that is a dilemma... They should not have there carriers effected because of a numb action on the girls part.. As a matter of civility they should have looked after her especially if she was inebriated or was using drugs that may have impaired her ability to make a good decision.. HitchHiking says to me that she was impaired.
Do they have a legal responsibility to her at that moment ? NO.
Sleeping with a gal does not and should not make them responsible for her.. She has a responsibility to take care of herself.. To use her common sense and HitchHiking is not that.
 I really doubt at this point that any one of the basketball players picked her up..
What may have happened and what could have happened is all theory at this moment and I do think BlinkOnCrime is on the right path in questioning this other fellow.
Good Job Blink for looking for OTHER possible perps.. Keep on it.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: November 21, 2009, 07:14:53 PM »

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11551521
November 21, 2009
People asked to light candles for Morgan Harrington

People across the country are asked to light a candle tonight for 20-year-old Morgan Harrington.

On the website findmorgan.com, there's a message telling people to light a candle at 9 p.m. to pray for Morgan and her family.

Harrington was last seen on October 17, when she left a Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville and never returned.

A $150,000 reward is being offered for Harrington's safe return.

Praying for Morgan.   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
Researcher
Scared Monkey

Subliminal Distraction

« Reply #736 on: November 22, 2009, 01:47:26 AM »

I read several pages toward the end of this thread. I am interested in interviewing anyone that had contact with Morgan the night she disappeared. Use the contact page at  VisionAndPsychosis.Net.

Some of those claiming contact missed one important identifying mark, the facial injury. The older man she is reported to have kicked didn't. So why would she approach someone she didn't know and try to walk arm in arm with him then attack him?

Explaining  that requires that we go back to when she was inside the venue. The fall that caused her injury was witnessed. She was unable to communicate when she stood. Observers thought she was drunk or stoned. But we know from witnesses who spoke to her that she did not drink or do drugs that night.

Another person who identified her by clothing and that injury, said she was crying in the restroom. After that she wandered outside.

Police verify she walked across two parking lots to the bridge where she attempted to hitch hike. There were several people to cross-interview on this point. Police used the phrase "limited interaction" to  categorize her contact with witnesses.  No one assaulted her. That would have drawn someone's attention.

So what is left, Dissociative Fugue. That would  explain everything reasonably. She certainly could have been taken advantage of  while in an altered mental state.

There are several students missing like this. Remember Brian Shaffer? How about Maura Murray, Michael Negrete, Josh Guimond, or Justin Gains?

Psychologists usually diagnose fugue when someone is found who left their life and assumed a new identity. But nothing is known about the onset and early days of these episodes.

These missing students appear to stop what they are doing and walk away. Sometimes wallets, passports, valuables, and cars are left behind. The clue to what is happening lies in the very few that recover and return. Ahmad Arain, UCLA,  emailed home from Mexico after six weeks. Matthew Wilson, Rice - Houston, was found in Berkeley, California after eight months. Arain admitted having a mental break and Wilson was placed on suicide watch for bizarre behavior.

If this is the problem Morgan may contact home any day. This solution says she is alive eating and sleeping somewhere.

These stories are fascinating. There are two other students who disappeared recently. Ted Daniels, 35, Law FIU, disappeared Nov. 2, and was found, TWICE. He phoned 911 the first time and was found sleeping in a parking lot the second. Taken to the same hospital both times he escaped and is missing again. He became agitated at Cici's pizza and left when a policeman entered. He is quoted as saying, "They're coming to get me."

Ron Tammen's disappearance from Miami of Ohio in 1953 was so strange that the school maintains a website about him. Several students had disappeared then returned with amnesia of the time they were missing. Those students wrote letters to Tammen's parents saying he would return too. When they started looking for him a woman who lived a three hour walk from the school said he appeared at her house to ask directions. So confused he didn't know his name he was too lightly dressed for the cold night. There was snow on the ground. He has not been seen since.

Rarely there are observations surrounding one of these disappearances. The Harrington case is the  exception.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #737 on: November 22, 2009, 08:30:49 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #738 on: November 22, 2009, 08:31:41 AM »

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/70726152.html
Updated: 5:37 AM Nov 22, 2009
Valley Residents Light Candles In Honor Of Morgan Harrington
Valley residents light candles in the hope of finding Morgan Harrington.
Posted: 10:14 PM Nov 21, 2009
Reporter: Sarah Sager
Email Address: Sarah.Sager@whsv.com
While Morgan Harrington may still be missing, she has not been forgotten.

Tammy Strickler from Broadway, has never met Morgan, or her family, but on this Saturday evening, she's lighting candles and sending them with a prayer to bring Morgan home.

"I'm lighting these candles for Morgan's Mom and Dad, and for Morgan, just to show my support for them and to show them that we are thinking about them, and that we are praying for them," says Strickler.

Strickler believes these small acts of hope can carry a big message.

Strickler says, "If they can't get out and search for her, I know that offering up prayers of support is enough for the family. You can do behind the scene things like lighting the candles, or just praying for the family."

Romayne Broyles from Luray, has been keeping this candle stored away for years and until now, she wasn't sure why.

Broyles says, "God has his own reasons for everything and it could be that God just wanted me to save this candle for Morgan and light it in her honor."

Broyles has felt the pain the Harrington's are facing.

Broyles says, "I know what it is to be without a child for a period of time and then to have that child come home. And, it's the most wonderful thing you can ever imagine."

And while Morgan's whereabouts are still uncertain, the candles continue to burn with a message of hope for her return.

A Virginia Tech worker organized Saturday's candlelight vigil after meeting the Harrington's at a search and rescue effort.

The organizers say they expect candles to be lit worldwide in Morgan's honor.

You are urged to call police if you have any information in Morgan's disappearance.

~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #739 on: November 22, 2009, 10:33:05 AM »

I read several pages toward the end of this thread. I am interested in interviewing anyone that had contact with Morgan the night she disappeared. Use the contact page at  VisionAndPsychosis.Net.

Some of those claiming contact missed one important identifying mark, the facial injury. The older man she is reported to have kicked didn't. So why would she approach someone she didn't know and try to walk arm in arm with him then attack him?

Explaining  that requires that we go back to when she was inside the venue. The fall that caused her injury was witnessed. She was unable to communicate when she stood. Observers thought she was drunk or stoned. But we know from witnesses who spoke to her that she did not drink or do drugs that night.

Another person who identified her by clothing and that injury, said she was crying in the restroom. After that she wandered outside.
Police verify she walked across two parking lots to the bridge where she attempted to hitch hike. There were several people to cross-interview on this point. Police used the phrase "limited interaction" to  categorize her contact with witnesses.  No one assaulted her. That would have drawn someone's attention.

So what is left, Dissociative Fugue. That would  explain everything reasonably. She certainly could have been taken advantage of  while in an altered mental state.

There are several students missing like this. Remember Brian Shaffer? How about Maura Murray, Michael Negrete, Josh Guimond, or Justin Gains?

Psychologists usually diagnose fugue when someone is found who left their life and assumed a new identity. But nothing is known about the onset and early days of these episodes.

These missing students appear to stop what they are doing and walk away. Sometimes wallets, passports, valuables, and cars are left behind. The clue to what is happening lies in the very few that recover and return. Ahmad Arain, UCLA,  emailed home from Mexico after six weeks. Matthew Wilson, Rice - Houston, was found in Berkeley, California after eight months. Arain admitted having a mental break and Wilson was placed on suicide watch for bizarre behavior.

If this is the problem Morgan may contact home any day. This solution says she is alive eating and sleeping somewhere.

These stories are fascinating. There are two other students who disappeared recently. Ted Daniels, 35, Law FIU, disappeared Nov. 2, and was found, TWICE. He phoned 911 the first time and was found sleeping in a parking lot the second. Taken to the same hospital both times he escaped and is missing again. He became agitated at Cici's pizza and left when a policeman entered. He is quoted as saying, "They're coming to get me."

Ron Tammen's disappearance from Miami of Ohio in 1953 was so strange that the school maintains a website about him. Several students had disappeared then returned with amnesia of the time they were missing. Those students wrote letters to Tammen's parents saying he would return too. When they started looking for him a woman who lived a three hour walk from the school said he appeared at her house to ask directions. So confused he didn't know his name he was too lightly dressed for the cold night. There was snow on the ground. He has not been seen since.

Rarely there are observations surrounding one of these disappearances. The Harrington case is the  exception.

interesting..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.