March 18, 2024, 10:37:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748502 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #740 on: November 22, 2009, 10:39:24 AM »

I can tell you about Mat Rice from the above post.
He was found in Berkley by Trinity search and rescue...
First his car was found..Under the seat was a book on How To Disappear.
He is a brilliant fellow in the subject of Computer Science.
He was pissed off that he was found// His disappeared during Finals testing at college..

I always looked at him like he was just a selfish little spoiled sociopath idiot.
His mother was happy that he was found.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #741 on: November 22, 2009, 10:41:11 AM »

Researcher, Welcome, and I agree with Edward, interesting.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #742 on: November 22, 2009, 11:01:29 AM »

Researcher-

I have spent some time researching the Fugue "Condition" and have come to the conclusion it is highly subjective. It originates in a way from famed writer Agatha Christie to begin with, and I have read about several cases that have alternative explanations.

As you point out, Morgan's case is an exception and I agree.

If we are able to validate that a great deal of witness accounts you reference, then taking those statements at face value would refute the possibility. Specifically, the head injury, or chin injury, occurred prior to Morgan leaving the venue by whatever means.

Therefore, she is on her phone again speaking to friends, and texting back and forth with another, up until 9:20PM, following an interaction with UVA bb players, none of which claim she exhibited signs of amnesia.

I support all theories being researched, I just personally believe there is no evidence to support it as an option in Morgan's disappearance.
B  
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #743 on: November 22, 2009, 06:31:17 PM »

IF Morgan was in a fugue state, she would have been found. She would have to be eating and sleeping somewhere.
I could see if she was disorientated ( fall with blood / injury on chin ) and she went to the washroom to clean that up and then wound up outside. Only to have a series of events that led to her trusting the wrong person.
I don't think she wandered away from her life on purpose, there was no pressure.
If she had any problems, her parents would have fixed it. I am not being judgemental, she was very attached to her family. That's just the way she was. She wasn't independent of them yet.

And there was no need to be, she would have become more independent as time went on. She wasn't some street smart girl who had ever had to look out for herself.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #744 on: November 22, 2009, 09:52:54 PM »

Researcher-

I have spent some time researching the Fugue "Condition" and have come to the conclusion it is highly subjective. It originates in a way from famed writer Agatha Christie to begin with, and I have read about several cases that have alternative explanations.

As you point out, Morgan's case is an exception and I agree.

If we are able to validate that a great deal of witness accounts you reference, then taking those statements at face value would refute the possibility. Specifically, the head injury, or chin injury, occurred prior to Morgan leaving the venue by whatever means.

Therefore, she is on her phone again speaking to friends, and texting back and forth with another, up until 9:20PM, following an interaction with UVA bb players, none of which claim she exhibited signs of amnesia.

I support all theories being researched, I just personally believe there is no evidence to support it as an option in Morgan's disappearance.
B  
Agreed.

If her father felt she was now possibly in a fugue state..I believe he would have brought that up in an interview.  It is his field of expertise being a psychiatrist.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #745 on: November 23, 2009, 09:31:41 AM »

Just making an observation...she looks heavier in older photos and very thin in newer ones.  Her pupil are rather large normally but saucer like in later photos.  Is there any evidence of Meth use by anyone?  Sometimes people can suffer a break from reality on that stuff.  Also, she texted her friends and said she was or would catch a ride with friends and they did not get her keys to her.  To me that means she identified someone that would take her home and they shouldn't worry about her.  Maybe that is why no action on their part?  This makes more sense to me. 
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #746 on: November 23, 2009, 09:36:07 AM »

Just making an observation...she looks heavier in older photos and very thin in newer ones.  Her pupil are rather large normally but saucer like in later photos.  Is there any evidence of Meth use by anyone?  Sometimes people can suffer a break from reality on that stuff.  Also, she texted her friends and said she was or would catch a ride with friends and they did not get her keys to her.  To me that means she identified someone that would take her home and they shouldn't worry about her.  Maybe that is why no action on their part?  This makes more sense to me. 

I forgot to add that she disappeared before Metallica took the stage so there were people leaving after the first acts who didn't want to see the second part of the show.  In my mind it's someone who didn't stay to see them and only came for the first half.  Maybe she walked out to get high and didn't know she couldn't get back in or this person/people convinced her they could get her back in?
Researcher
Scared Monkey

Subliminal Distraction

« Reply #747 on: November 23, 2009, 10:34:48 PM »

How do you tell that someone acts WITHOUT amnesia? You cannot distinguish someone in a fugue state from anyone else.

Fugue is diagnosed when someone is found. There is nothing known about the cause or first few days of a fugue episode.

Here the clues are that she fell and could not communicate when she stood. Then she was seen, identified by clothes and the facial injury, crying in the restroom.

Another person said she dropped the purse several times. Removing the battery could have been her action. This problem strikes like lighting. The person is normal one minute and having paranoid delusions the next. Some people retain abilities such as using a phone. She could have thought someone might find her if she left the battery with the phone. Unless they say something that is outright psychotic fugue is undetectable. It would not be unusual for her to call out while the episode was beginning. Several others have.

In one case a student phoned a relative saying he was being chased. Police followed his tracks until he ran down the riverbank, Mississippi, and across the ice to open water. The footprints in snow showed he was alone. No one was chasing him.

Another student returning to school by car, spoke with his mother who detected nothing. Then he talked with friends at school making plans to watch movies when he arrived. He stopped at a Walgreen's, made purchases, and was captured on video, again alone. Within a few minutes of his destination at school he diverted and drove fifty miles, down a boat ramp, and drowned. No explanation.

Psychiatrists including Morgan's father are unaware there is a simple problem capable of causing a sudden mental break in an otherwise normal person. I discovered this when my wife had this mental break in 2002. One of the features is paranoia. My wife believed there was a trial about money missing from the University where she had been an accounting assistant for thirty years. I had to hide keys then disable cars to prevent her driving away while I slept.

I have video of her shaking the doors at the Tuscaloosa County Courthouse trying to get in on a Saturday. Then she decided the trial was being held at the annex to the rear. It's the Sheriff's department.

These cases were first reported in 1880's France. One man walked from France to Moscow before recovering without memory of how he got there. The problem spread to Italy, Germany, and Russia. The problem has all ways been there. It is found when you look for it. All the victims  were artisans, clerks, and small shop owners. There were no farmers or other outdoor workers involved. Hysteria and epilepsy were blamed then and not much has changed today. Psychosocial psychobabble reasons are given for these cases. ("Mad Travelers" Hacking)

The victim is unaware they have amnesia. In a few cases the victim will eventually realize their situation and appeal to media for help. Kacie Peterson did that recently in New York. She had traveled from Washington state to Times Square in about a week. A friend saw the picture and her father came for her. My Dissociative Fugue page has other examples.

Families do not want to hear about mental problems probably fearing that police and the FBI will stop looking if there is no crime involved.

There is no evidence that Morgan was abducted.  Yes, she might have become a crime victim afterward. So police should not stop treating it as a crime. But she may phone home any day. Amy Scott did.

There are too many other cases which ended as fugue to leave off this possibility.

I warned Virginia Tech after the Cho shooting. They acknowledge my input but did nothing. How many people must die before schools investigate Subliminal Distraction and the mental break it is known to cause.

VisionAndPsychosis.Net Read the Missing Students, Dissociative Fugue, and Mysterious Disappearances pages.

Researcher
Scared Monkey

Subliminal Distraction

« Reply #748 on: November 23, 2009, 11:05:01 PM »

Do you mean that her eyes are saucer like or did you mean the pupils are large rather than pinpointed?

I have studied the condition where eyes are exaggeratedly open. It is seen in older people with deep brain changes. I also find it in National Archive pictures of single room schools from the late 1800's and early 1900's.

My project has not  reached the point to include this condition as an indicator of on-coming mental breaks.

The eye opening, not the pupil, will be very large and round, saucer like.

Where did you find these pictures?

Researcher
Scared Monkey

Subliminal Distraction

« Reply #749 on: November 24, 2009, 12:22:17 AM »

I can tell you about Mat Rice from the above post.
He was found in Berkley by Trinity search and rescue...
First his car was found..Under the seat was a book on How To Disappear.
He is a brilliant fellow in the subject of Computer Science.
He was pissed off that he was found// His disappeared during Finals testing at college..

I always looked at him like he was just a selfish little spoiled sociopath idiot.
His mother was happy that he was found.

You hit the nail on the head. But what happened to cause the disappearance for eight months? He had a full scholarship. When I finally have time and get an interview I think it will turn out to have been the table top Dungeons & Dragons games he played weekly in the apartment.

You might remember that Mahjong play was implicated in about 23 cases of epilepsy in China recently. Do you really believe playing a game requiring thinking and planning causes such brain disturbances as to cause a seizure?

But Subliminal Distraction will do just that.  SD was found to cause mental breaks in the 1960's before computers were invented. Then office work involved adding machines, typewriters, and hand written ledgers.

Subliminal Distraction requires deep mental investment to the point of light dissociation for things around  you. That same  mental concentration is present when you read, use a computer, or play either Mahjong or D&D. All that has to happen while you are sitting there lost in thought is for another player or person to walk by you close enough to be detected in Subliminal Sight.

Normally that would cause a startle. But the startle stops when you learn you are in a safe location, assign a zero level of conscious attention to movement in peripheral vision.

You don't have voluntary control of the subliminal brain system that detects that movement and you cannot stop your brain from attempting to react to its detection. That's one definition of SD. Acoustic SD also exists but doesn't cause the mental problems visual SD does.

I don't know what might have caused this for Harrington. That's why I want to interview her roommate. If Morgan used a table top computer with a blinking light or used a laptop where her roommate could walk around in peripheral vision that would do it.

Because of the details of how 'far peripheral vision' works once exposure reaches a threshold all exposure is cumulative. Subliminal Sight does not identify the object that moves. It transmits only movement and position information. Color and shape are not involved in the signal to trigger the startle reflex. All detected movement is the same for SD exposure even if it happens in different locations hours apart.

If you want to experience Subliminal Sight and habituation in peripheral vision visit my site and perform the psychology demonstration.

Then email all your friends.

What happened to Harrington and all the others can happen to you. There are other possible outcomes. This phenomenon is dangerous.

ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #750 on: November 24, 2009, 01:36:08 AM »

Evening/Morning!  Catching up here and a recent post reminded me of something (RE: Morgan's pupil size in many photos appears to be overly large). Granted it could just be due to flash, but it could also be attributed to a medical condition.  I had a co-worker once whom I was training and she appeared to be not paying attention. She seemed to be having a hard time understanding, yet she was very intelligent.  As I had recently caught her in a series of lies, I took it to mean she had an attitude problem.  She expressed that she was not feeling well and was granted permission to leave early (not by me).  Imagine my horror the next morning upon learning that she had had a seizure that evening.  What I had mistaken for inattentiveness/laziness/attitude was actually pre-seizure warning signs.    Long story short, our team took a crash course in seizure signs and symptoms, as well as CPR (she had pre-existing conditions when combined with a seizure could result in death).  Her main indicator was dilated pupils.  Our team (her included) jokingly called it "Pupil Check" each morning.  All throughout the day, any time one of us would converse with her, we checked her pupils.  If they began to dilate, we sent/took her home.  If she began to appear sluggish/confused, we sent/took her home.  Reluctant to give up her lifestyle and independence, she "hid" some of this from her immediate family.

Just wondering if Morgan may have had undiagnosed seizures or had a first one that night (maybe from the fall, maybe the cause of the fall).  VA State Police's carefully worded statement makes it appear that Morgan was incapacitated in some form.  That would explain the dazed confusion after her fall as some have said, the crying in the bathroom also reported, reports of her seeming to be unsteady on her feet in the parking lot, why she may have wandered onto to Copley Bridge Road, and why she may been assumed to have been hitchhiking.  Perhaps she wasn't hitching at all, but merely disoriented and confused and maybe stopping traffic.  Just a thought.

Night, all!  Have a good evening/morning and take good care.

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #751 on: November 24, 2009, 01:35:39 PM »

Evening/Morning!  Catching up here and a recent post reminded me of something (RE: Morgan's pupil size in many photos appears to be overly large). Granted it could just be due to flash, but it could also be attributed to a medical condition.  I had a co-worker once whom I was training and she appeared to be not paying attention. She seemed to be having a hard time understanding, yet she was very intelligent.  As I had recently caught her in a series of lies, I took it to mean she had an attitude problem.  She expressed that she was not feeling well and was granted permission to leave early (not by me).  Imagine my horror the next morning upon learning that she had had a seizure that evening.  What I had mistaken for inattentiveness/laziness/attitude was actually pre-seizure warning signs.    Long story short, our team took a crash course in seizure signs and symptoms, as well as CPR (she had pre-existing conditions when combined with a seizure could result in death).  Her main indicator was dilated pupils.  Our team (her included) jokingly called it "Pupil Check" each morning.  All throughout the day, any time one of us would converse with her, we checked her pupils.  If they began to dilate, we sent/took her home.  If she began to appear sluggish/confused, we sent/took her home.  Reluctant to give up her lifestyle and independence, she "hid" some of this from her immediate family.

Just wondering if Morgan may have had undiagnosed seizures or had a first one that night (maybe from the fall, maybe the cause of the fall).  VA State Police's carefully worded statement makes it appear that Morgan was incapacitated in some form.  That would explain the dazed confusion after her fall as some have said, the crying in the bathroom also reported, reports of her seeming to be unsteady on her feet in the parking lot, why she may have wandered onto to Copley Bridge Road, and why she may been assumed to have been hitchhiking.  Perhaps she wasn't hitching at all, but merely disoriented and confused and maybe stopping traffic.  Just a thought.

Night, all!  Have a good evening/morning and take good care.

Thank you I Spy that really makes sense to me. I don't believe Morgan would be hitch hiking or a lot of the things witnesses have said she was doing. I think a lot of them are confusing her with someone else.
I'm just afraid there is not going to be a good outcome for Morgan and her family, but still praying that there will be.

2 4 1
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #752 on: November 24, 2009, 03:29:46 PM »

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/state_regional/article/uva_basketball_players_interviewed_in_morgan_harrington_case/64390/
UVA basketball players interviewed in Morgan Harrington case

WSLS News Staff
news@wsls.com
Published: November 24, 2009
The University of Virginia has released new information regarding rumors that several players on its men’s basketball team were questioned in relation to the search for missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington.

According to a statement from UVA, on October 17th a woman approached some members of the men’s basketball team following a practice.  The woman’s description was “consistent with Ms. Harrington’s description,“ according to the statement from UVA.

The team’s practice facility is located very close to John Paul Jones arena, where the Metallica concert was being held.

The statement from UVA reads that the players who were interviewed “cooperated fully with law enforcemtn investigators, like other witnesses interviewed by police, they provided information that is important to police efforts to establish Ms. Harrington¹s movements.“

The school did not name the players who were interviewed.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: November 24, 2009, 03:31:00 PM »

http://www.c-ville.com/index.php?cat=1991704080566501&act=post&pid=12032411094465956

This Just In
by C-VILLE Writers
UVA basketball players interviewed in Morgan Harrington case
by Chiara Canzi, November 24th 01:34pm

According to the Charlottesville Newsplex, UVA has confirmed that members of the UVA men's basketball team were interviewed by state police regarding the Morgan Harrington case.

According to a statement by UVA spokesperson Carol Wood, players were approached after practice by a female matching Harrington’s description on Saturday, October 17, the night Harrington disappeared.

"As police worked to establish a time line of October 17 in hopes of locating Ms. Harrington, they interviewed a number of witnesses, including some members of the men's basketball team," reads the statement.

“They cooperated fully with law enforcement investigators and, like other witnesses interviewed by the police, they provided information that is important to police efforts to establish Ms. Harrington's movements."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #754 on: November 24, 2009, 03:33:01 PM »

http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=11565778
Basketball Team Members Interviewed as Witnesses in Disappearance
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 11:44 AM CST Updated: Nov 24, 2009 12:02 PM CST

The University of Virginia released new information about the Morgan Harrington investigation Tuesday. In a statement, the university says some members of the men's basketball team have been interviewed as witnesses.

After practice on the night of October 17, some team members were approached by a woman that fit Harrington's description. She disappeared later that night.

The players co-operated fully with police, and the university says they provided information that has helped establish a timeline leading up to Morgan's disappearance.

Morgan's last known location was the Copeley Road Bridge. After that, the trail grows cold.

If you have any information that could help police, there is a tip line to call, that number is 434-352-3467.

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #755 on: November 24, 2009, 03:38:01 PM »

Thanks for that update Trimm 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #756 on: November 24, 2009, 05:09:58 PM »

http://www.wric.com/Global/story.asp?S=11566968
UVA Players Questioned In Missing Student Case
Several University of Virginia men's basketball players have been questioned concerning the disappearance of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington.

According to a statement released by the University of Virginia, the unnamed players were approached by a woman resembling Harrington October 17, following a team practice. The team's practice facility is located close to the John Paul Jones Arena, where Harrington attended a Metallica concert that weekend.

The statement reads:

"As police worked to establish a time line of October 17 in hopes of locating Ms. Harrington, they interviewed a number of witnesses, including some members of the men¹s basketball team.

"After a practice, team members had been approached by a female consistent with Ms. Harrington's description.
"They cooperated fully with law enforcement investigators and, like other witnesses interviewed by the police, they provided information that is important to police efforts to establish Ms. Harrington¹s movements."

State Police officials said they are still following leads in Harrington's disappearance. No suspects or persons of interest have been identified.

Harrington was last seen the weekend of Oct. 17 after becoming separated from her friends at the concert. Anyone with information is asked to notify police.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #757 on: November 24, 2009, 05:11:44 PM »

http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-harrington-uva-basketball-team-091124,0,1624772.story
Morgan Harrington Investigation
Members of UVA men's basketball team may have been among those who encountered her at John Paul Jones Arena.

November 24, 2009
CBS 6 has learned that members of the University of Virginia men's basketball team are among those interviewed in the disappearance of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington.

Corinne Geller with the Virginia State Police tells CBS 6 that the team was practicing at University Hall on October 17, the day of the Metallica concert at John Paul Jones Arena where Harrington was last seen.

According to the investigation timeline, Harrington left the concert venue and walked past University Hall and at that time it is believed she came into contact with the players.

State Police say the players who were interviewed cooperated fully with police and they make up a small portion of people who've been interviewed in the case.

Here is the official Statement from UVA:

"Because of the number of rumors that have been circulating about members of the University's men¹s basketball team in regard to the Morgan Harrington case, we felt it was important to make a statement to set the record straight. As police worked to establish a time line of October 17 in hopes of locating Ms. Harrington, they interviewed a number of witnesses, including some members of the men¹s basketball team.

After a practice, team members had been approached by a female consistent with Ms. Harrington's description. They cooperated fully with law enforcement investigators and, like other witnesses interviewed by the police, they provided information that is important to police efforts to establish Ms. Harrington¹s movements."

Carol Wood Assistant Vice President for Public Affairs

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #758 on: November 24, 2009, 05:12:28 PM »

Praying for Morgan.   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #759 on: November 25, 2009, 09:26:22 AM »

http://www2.godanriver.com/gdr/news/local/article/uva_mens_basketball_players_interviewed_in_missing_virginia_tech_student_ca/15849/
UVa men’s basketball players interviewed in missing Virginia Tech student case
Morgan Harrington
Media General News Service
Published: November 25, 2009
The University of Virginia issued a statement yesterday saying that some members of its men’s basketball team were among witnesses interviewed in the Morgan Harrington disappearance case.

Harrington, 20, was last seen outside U.Va.‘s John Paul Jones Arena while attending a Metallica concert Oct. 17.

The statement, issued by Carol Wood, U.Va.‘s assistant vice president for public affairs, says:

“Because of the number of rumors that have been circulating about members of the university’s men’s basketball team in regard to the Morgan Harrington case, we felt it was important to make a statement to set the record straight.

“As police worked to establish a timeline of Oct. 17 in hopes of locating Ms. Harrington, they interviewed a number of witnesses, including some members of the men’s basketball team.

“After a practice, team members had been approached by a female consistent with Ms. Harrington’s description. They cooperated fully with law enforcement investigators and, like other witnesses interviewed by the police, they provided information that is important to police efforts to establish Ms. Harrington’s movements.“

Rewards totaling $150,000 are being offered in the case, and Harrington’s parents have set up a Web site, FindMorgan.com, that gives the latest information.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.