March 19, 2024, 02:22:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748552 times)
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #780 on: November 27, 2009, 10:55:56 AM »

Ok, another frozen shorts moment for me:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0911/16/ijvm.01.html

An excerpt:

Here is a video police believe could be Morgan. This is a breakthrough. It was taken at the Metallica concert and posted on YouTube. Look carefully. Is it her? Boy, I wish they could use some kind of video enhancement to get a sharper picture on that.

What? where is this video. This show aired the evening of Nov. 16th. If it is a possibility it is Morgan, why has it not been released and where is it?

B
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #781 on: November 27, 2009, 10:59:54 AM »

I agree with ISpy. There has to be a reason why so much is being withheld from the public.
ps I think her parents are in shock, denial, grief and anger. Probably trying to say the right things as they perceive that to be. I would be wanting to choke out her friends as my Thanksgiving gesture. The Harringtons have probably done all the right things for all the right reasons their entire lives. I pray for Morgan and her family. 

lol, you crack me up, Kat. 

I missed your post before I wrote my long-winded one.  Maybe that's what is puzzling me about how they say things.... "probably trying to say the right things as they perceive it to be".  It's their way, and we're all different.  Just because what they say comes across strange to me, doesn't make it so.

their answers seem to come across as very calculated and business like to me...Not like they are talking about their missing daughter but more of a laptop or something that they have misplaced.....? dunno...can't quite put my thoughts to words on them yet..
I did think it strange when they said that nothing of her was in their home...I went Huh?

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #782 on: November 27, 2009, 11:47:47 AM »

Whether it is the Harrington's wishful thinking or LE has told the family something, they make comments like they believe she is being held against her will. I just don't know what to think about some of their comments, I think because they are so spiritual and intelligent their words may come across as strange. I also wondered about the water, and if she could have fallen in?
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #783 on: November 27, 2009, 01:13:10 PM »

There is a lot about this case that really has me puzzled.  I am having a hard time understanding the parents.  I also cannot really get a handle on the relationship between Morgan and her parents.  She is independent, yet comes home for help with her Algebra and fixing her checking account.  They have her passwords for her computer stuff.  She is expected to come home on weekends for chores, yet the parents do not know she is driving her car to the concert.  I have older kids and even though it would be great to have had their help with chores on weekends, they were really busy working and going to school, which I felt was more important.  I just have a funny feeling about the relationship and cannot quite understand it, even though I doubt if it has anything to do with her disappearance.  I am pretty stuck on her having an injury that either clouded her judgement, or caused another accident.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #784 on: November 27, 2009, 02:00:32 PM »

An excerpt:

Here is a video police believe could be Morgan. This is a breakthrough. It was taken at the Metallica concert and posted on YouTube. Look carefully. Is it her? Boy, I wish they could use some kind of video enhancement to get a sharper picture on that.

What? where is this video. This show aired the evening of Nov. 16th. If it is a possibility it is Morgan, why has it not been released and where is it?

B

NASA can do wonders with video tapes. I do not see a link to a video on your link above, Blink. ??

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #785 on: November 27, 2009, 02:24:02 PM »

There is a lot about this case that really has me puzzled.  I am having a hard time understanding the parents.  I also cannot really get a handle on the relationship between Morgan and her parents.  She is independent, yet comes home for help with her Algebra and fixing her checking account.  They have her passwords for her computer stuff.  She is expected to come home on weekends for chores, yet the parents do not know she is driving her car to the concert.  I have older kids and even though it would be great to have had their help with chores on weekends, they were really busy working and going to school, which I felt was more important.  I just have a funny feeling about the relationship and cannot quite understand it, even though I doubt if it has anything to do with her disappearance.  I am pretty stuck on her having an injury that either clouded her judgement, or caused another accident.
I have a funny feeling about the relationship also, and the thing that struck me the oddest, is how many 20 year olds, come over with outfits for a Metallica concert, and have their mom approve the outfit? Not many, I don't think. And if so, I know that I would have changed into something else as soon as I got in the car, if the outfit was okayed by my mom, because I then would know it wasn't cool, but that's me.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #786 on: November 27, 2009, 04:06:49 PM »

An excerpt:

B

NASA can do wonders with video tapes. I do not see a link to a video on your link above, Blink. ??

Sorry Nut, I should have been more clear.. That is the actual enigma. I cannot find a youtube depicting the outside of JPJ this video is referring to, and it is NOT on her JVM site. I got the impression that perhaps Dr. Harrington was blindsided by it as well.

I am wondering if a viewer sent it to the show and they then learned it was her? That would make zero sense to me to not release it then unless it showed her with a POI. The Harrington's also did not include this appearance at the findmorgan site.

I think it is "something" and I want to see it yesterday.
B
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #787 on: November 27, 2009, 04:41:18 PM »

Oh, ok....it is probably the one shown at an earlier date of a girl inside the arena...w/ a couple of other people. That is the only one I remember.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #788 on: November 27, 2009, 04:45:08 PM »

Oh, ok....it is probably the one shown at an earlier date of a girl inside the arena...w/ a couple of other people. That is the only one I remember.

Nut, that's why I was so intrigued, it is not that video, or any of the other gazillion. It is allegedly CCTV of her outside the doors to the arena. Not confirmed it was her , but JVM touted it as new and LE should be working to confirm or sharpen an image.

It is also not the only thing I have seen disappear in the last week in terms of footage or audio.. 
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #789 on: November 27, 2009, 05:57:07 PM »

Hi akmom.... great to see you!  Hope your children are all doing well.

I agree with all you said. At the risk of repeating myself, nothing adds up.   And Blink is saying some information is disappearing, which makes it all even stranger.   

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #790 on: November 27, 2009, 06:57:54 PM »

I was told the College will do ANYTHING to protect its players..

Police had to be almost beat to question them and then there was little or no info.
Like they just had little conversation with her.

She was seen going into a building with 3 players. !! Notice how THAT has been downplayed.

Info is disappearing for a reason in my humble opinion.

Colleges make $$ off sports players.

This is all about money.

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #791 on: November 27, 2009, 07:04:25 PM »

I have a funny feeling about the relationship also, and the thing that struck me the oddest, is how many 20 year olds, come over with outfits for a Metallica concert, and have their mom approve the outfit? Not many, I don't think. And if so, I know that I would have changed into something else as soon as I got in the car, if the outfit was okayed by my mom, because I then would know it wasn't cool, but that's me.

YES, that is odd too.  What girl does this??????  It is just odd.  It gives me such a strange  feeling.  Almost like the parents held on too tight and she went along with it, at least to their faces. 

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #792 on: November 27, 2009, 07:11:54 PM »

Hi akmom.... great to see you!  Hope your children are all doing well.

I agree with all you said. At the risk of repeating myself, nothing adds up.   And Blink is saying some information is disappearing, which makes it all even stranger.   

Hi Bud's Girl   Hope all the naughty night time Monkeys are doing well.  Kids are good, but by the end of the day I am   LOL. 
Who has the power, or whatever to make this stuff disappear?????  I do not understand what is going on.  Now, could it be that Morgan is with someone of her own free will, and mom and dad suspect this???  Will she show up with and odd story of being kidnapped?????  I have been back and forth on several theories and just can't figure it out.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #793 on: November 27, 2009, 08:44:47 PM »

Word Games

Did She say to her friends on the phone that she would Hitch a Ride with Somebody

OR

Did She say to her friends that she would be Hitch Hiking Home with Complete Strangers ?

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #794 on: November 28, 2009, 07:10:54 AM »

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11579140
November 27, 2009
Parents of Morgan Harrington say they're hopeful this Thanksgiving

Morgan Harrington hasn't been seen since October 17th during a Metallica concert.
The parents of missing Virginia Tech student, Morgan Harrington, spend their first Thanksgiving without their daughter.

Morgan Harrington was last seen back on October 17th.

Since then, the Harringtons have been holding onto hope that they'll be reunited with their daughter.

"There's hopefulness, and then there's being Pollyanna. We realize the statistics are not great, and they get worse. You have to mourn as well as hold out hope," says Morgan's Mom Gil Harrington.

Friends in Charlottesville invited the Harrington's, and their son to Thanksgiving dinner.

Before sitting down to a supper table with one empty chair, they stopped at the Copeley Road Bridge where investigators say the 20 year old was last seen trying to hitch a ride from a Metallica concert.

They looked at the memorial, and left behind a red sign that reads, "HOPE."

If you have any information that may help police, call the Morgan Harrington tip line at (434)352-3467.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #795 on: November 28, 2009, 07:30:55 AM »

WTH who would think it is alright to hitchhike in 2009    If her friends knew this, their conscious must really be getting the better of them, at least I know mine would. I don't know what to think of these friends anyway.

I can't make any sense of that either.  Besides..it was her car that was there in the lot..not the friends car..so why hitchhike home when your car is there?  I think that is not an accurate statement..or if it is ..why aren't LE releasing it now with and info update?

This case has had so much info released, not released that it is confusing for anyone trying to follow it.  Do you think that is on purpose from an LE standpoint or just news reporters gone wild?

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #796 on: November 28, 2009, 07:52:11 AM »

I agree with ISpy. There has to be a reason why so much is being withheld from the public.
ps I think her parents are in shock, denial, grief and anger. Probably trying to say the right things as they perceive that to be. I would be wanting to choke out her friends as my Thanksgiving gesture. The Harringtons have probably done all the right things for all the right reasons their entire lives. I pray for Morgan and her family. 

I agree Kat.  The Harrington's are trying to hold onto hope and yet know as they stated that the more time that goes by  the worse it becomes.  I think their friends probably said you need to be here for Thanksgiving as you always have...this is where Morgan would expect you to be.

I think the Harringtons are good people..in a very bad situation...who love their daughter very much.

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #797 on: November 28, 2009, 08:03:32 AM »

Nut, that's why I was so intrigued, it is not that video, or any of the other gazillion. It is allegedly CCTV of her outside the doors to the arena. Not confirmed it was her , but JVM touted it as new and LE should be working to confirm or sharpen an image.

It is also not the only thing I have seen disappear in the last week in terms of footage or audio.. 

I am thinking if the tape is gone..no where to be found on the internet it is LE who has it now.  I think they probably enhanced it..found it was her..and also found the POI..again.  I am saying again because I think the POI shows up on photos from the firends from the concert, on security photos, etc..which is why they have not released them to the public.  And maybe..although I am doubtful..they are hoping this person will let her go.  But obviously her family and LE believe she was abducted.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #798 on: November 28, 2009, 11:37:47 AM »

I am thinking if the tape is gone..no where to be found on the internet it is LE who has it now.  I think they probably enhanced it..found it was her..and also found the POI..again.  I am saying again because I think the POI shows up on photos from the firends from the concert, on security photos, etc..which is why they have not released them to the public.  And maybe..although I am doubtful..they are hoping this person will let her go.  But obviously her family and LE believe she was abducted.

I have to correct myself, per someone on her FB who saw the episode, it was exactly what Nut said- it was OLD footage of Dee S. Major flub
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #799 on: November 28, 2009, 12:23:49 PM »

I have to correct myself, per someone on her FB who saw the episode, it was exactly what Nut said- it was OLD footage of Dee S. Major flub

I believe the media runs with the latest rumor in all of these cases, and never retract anything. I get so upset with them that I could just scream. Instead of posting that the footage was not Morgan they just pull the tape. I believe about 10% of anything the media reports until it is confirmed by LE or someone I do trust.

2 4 1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.