March 19, 2024, 03:13:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748564 times)
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #820 on: November 30, 2009, 12:27:48 PM »

i dont mean to freak anyone out or gross anyone out, but i was just wondering if a body is badly decomposed as they are saying then can they tell the race??
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #821 on: November 30, 2009, 12:35:27 PM »

ummmmmm....usually not.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #822 on: November 30, 2009, 12:39:43 PM »

ummmmmm....usually not.

Ok thanks, i thought so but wasnt positive, thanks 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #823 on: November 30, 2009, 01:25:41 PM »

WDBJ just reported there are 2 active missing person cases in the Lynchburg area.  Also said the body found was missing its head.   
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #824 on: November 30, 2009, 01:48:00 PM »

WDBJ just reported there are 2 active missing person cases in the Lynchburg area.  Also said the body found was missing its head.   

People r f$%@&*g sick! 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #825 on: November 30, 2009, 01:49:31 PM »

http://www.wdbj7.com/
Body found in Campbell County
Investigators say a body found Sunday night in Campbell County was so badly decomposed, they're not entirely sure if it belongs to a man or a woman.

The body was found about 100 yards off Camp Hydaway Road, just south of Candlers Mountain.

Sheriff Terry Gaddy says around 5:00 p.m. Sunday, a Liberty University student was walking through the woods when he found clothing laying on a trail. He then noticed the was body laying nearby, covered with rocks.

Gaddy says the clothing found appears to belong to a woman. He says those items do not match the description of what was last worn by missing Virginia Tech student, Morgan Harrington.

Two women are currently missing in the Lynchburg area and investigators say they are following up on those cases.  Both missing women are in their early twenties.  One is a Lynchburg College student.

Skin from the body had decomposed, leaving only bones.  Based on that appearance, Gaddy estimates the body had been laying dead for at least a month, possibly two months.  The body's head had been detached, but Gaddy says he's not sure if it was originally left that way or whether something happened to the body over time while it was in the woods.

The body has been sent to the medical examiner in Roanoke for positive identification.
Video.  http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11589283#

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #826 on: November 30, 2009, 02:49:36 PM »

Some days I could spit nickels at lousy reporting.

If there is another woman from Lynchburg missing, which, btw, I cannot locate information on, perhaps they might list the girl's name, you know, like might be advisable if they WANTED PEOPLE TO KNOW SHE WAS MISSING AND KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR HER.

OR

Perhaps they can indicate if the skull was recovered at all, or was it just found away from the body which was covered by rocks allegedly. If we have women's clothing with a skull-less (of unknown means) completely skeletonized remains "grave" and all they are going on is what she was last seen wearing without so much as a photo to prove it, I would not be so quick to assume this is not Morgan. For example, if there is no skull there is no way to use dental records or conclude an autopsy. They must have more.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #827 on: November 30, 2009, 03:03:23 PM »

Blink this case drives me crazy.
I am so glad we have you.I know you will get us the truth.  an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #828 on: November 30, 2009, 05:52:13 PM »

Please light a candle for Morgan.   an angelic monkey
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6498.0

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #829 on: November 30, 2009, 07:05:18 PM »

http://www.wset.com/news/stories/1109/682917.html
Questions Surround Body Discovery
11/30/09 6:12 pm   |   reporter: Jeremy Mills   producer: Amy Foster
Campbell Co., VA - Campbell County investigators still have many more questions than answers about a body found Sunday on Candlers Mountain.
Investigators tell us the remains were decomposed badly.

Deputies believe this is a female's body, based on the small frame and the type of clothes found near the remains.

Now, the two priorities are determining who she is and how she died. They're bringing in a dentist and a forensic anthropologist to do just that.
A hiker found the remains about 60 feet off a dirt path near Camp Hydaway Road. Investigators say looks like someone tried to hide it.

Campbell County Sheriff Terry Gaddy said, "We do have a small frame body that was covered with wood and rocks and debris."

The head was found detached from the body further in the woods.

"It appears to have been there for several months or somewhere in that time frame," Sheriff Gaddy said.

The remains are in Roanoke where Medical Examiners will inspect the bones in hopes of determining a cause of death.

"We will actually collect the soil that was underneath the body and also take that to Roanoke too," Sheriff Gaddy said.

They've also started looking at reports of missing women in the area, believing they may have just found one of them.
"I have my investigators at this time, checking to see if we can get dental records from those individuals to be able to match them that way," Sheriff Gaddy said.

This story is generating a lot of interest from media outlets around the state. A crew from Richmond has shown up believing the remains could be those of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington. The sheriff tells me they are too decomposed to be Harrington's and the victim’s victim's clothing does not match what Harrington was last seen wearing.

Still, state police tell us they have followed up on the discovery, just as they have with any other unidentified remains that have been recovered since her disappearance.

Harrington vanished last month while attending a concert at the University of Virginia.

~ Peter Frampton
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #830 on: November 30, 2009, 07:31:35 PM »

http://www.wset.com/news/stories/1109/682917.html
Questions Surround Body Discovery
11/30/09 6:12 pm   |   reporter: Jeremy Mills   producer: Amy Foster
Campbell Co., VA - Campbell County investigators still have many more questions than answers about a body found Sunday on Candlers Mountain.
Investigators tell us the remains were decomposed badly.

Deputies believe this is a female's body, based on the small frame and the type of clothes found near the remains.

Now, the two priorities are determining who she is and how she died. They're bringing in a dentist and a forensic anthropologist to do just that.
A hiker found the remains about 60 feet off a dirt path near Camp Hydaway Road. Investigators say looks like someone tried to hide it.

Campbell County Sheriff Terry Gaddy said, "We do have a small frame body that was covered with wood and rocks and debris."

The head was found detached from the body further in the woods.

"It appears to have been there for several months or somewhere in that time frame," Sheriff Gaddy said.

The remains are in Roanoke where Medical Examiners will inspect the bones in hopes of determining a cause of death.

"We will actually collect the soil that was underneath the body and also take that to Roanoke too," Sheriff Gaddy said.

They've also started looking at reports of missing women in the area, believing they may have just found one of them.
"I have my investigators at this time, checking to see if we can get dental records from those individuals to be able to match them that way," Sheriff Gaddy said.

This story is generating a lot of interest from media outlets around the state. A crew from Richmond has shown up believing the remains could be those of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington. The sheriff tells me they are too decomposed to be Harrington's and the victim’s victim's clothing does not match what Harrington was last seen wearing.

Still, state police tell us they have followed up on the discovery, just as they have with any other unidentified remains that have been recovered since her disappearance.

Harrington vanished last month while attending a concert at the University of Virginia.
Thanks Trimm, so they found her skull if they are looking at missing persons dental records. I thought I read earlier there wasn't a skull.   

BTL

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #831 on: November 30, 2009, 07:55:12 PM »

Video of the area where the body was found:

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #832 on: November 30, 2009, 08:01:32 PM »

i'm praying for the family of the precious soul who was found today.  this is a tragedy. 

i think the fact that LE was quick to rule out that it is morgan by making statements to the media, they must have found more than just the clothes to determine that this isn't morgan. of course the only way to be 100% sure is through testing but i would be shocked if this turns out to be morgan. 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #833 on: November 30, 2009, 08:07:15 PM »

The head/skull was there....just not attached.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #834 on: November 30, 2009, 08:11:02 PM »

Video of the area where the body was found:

Thanks KLAAS.

I wonder if the LE has considered with three women all about the same age, assuming the third subject is college age since she was a student, that they may have a serial killer in the area since Charlottsville & Lynchburg are only less that 70 miles apart.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #835 on: November 30, 2009, 08:11:32 PM »

i'm praying for the family of the precious soul who was found today.  this is a tragedy. 

i think the fact that LE was quick to rule out that it is morgan by making statements to the media, they must have found more than just the clothes to determine that this isn't morgan. of course the only way to be 100% sure is through testing but i would be shocked if this turns out to be morgan. 

Did the LE say it was not Morgan?

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #836 on: November 30, 2009, 08:38:21 PM »

The head/skull was there....just not attached.
  Thanks Nut.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #837 on: November 30, 2009, 09:03:52 PM »

Did the LE say it was not Morgan?

no, they didnt say definitively that it wasn't her, but they did say that they don't think its her because the clothes found do not match her clothing description. i was just speculating that they prob have other information that might lead them to further believe it's not her, like hair color. i could be wrong tho. sorry if i caused any confusion!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #838 on: December 01, 2009, 06:29:51 AM »

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/state_regional/article/BODY01_20091130-223004/308808/
Body found on mountain near Lynchburg could be ID’d today
CHRIS DUMOND MEDIA GENERAL NEWS SERVICE
Published: December 1, 2009
Campbell County Sheriff Terry Gaddy said he hopes medical records taken to the medical examiner's office in Roanoke could yield the identity of a body found on Candlers Mountain near Lynchburg as early as this afternoon.

"We have several people who are missing from the Lynchburg area. Based on the description of clothing one of them was last seen wearing, I have a strong hunch," Gaddy said of the body, which was found Sunday.

"I'm leaning strongly toward one of those people," he said.

Gaddy declined to put a name with his suspicions, noting that things could change based on forensic findings. He added that investigators could not even positively identify the body as male or female at the scene because of decomposition. They speculate the remains are those of a woman based on the body's stature, he said.

Investigators are using dental and other medical records and the help of a forensic anthropologist traveling to Roanoke to help identify the remains, Gaddy said.

"I know it's horrible for the families of these people that are missing," he said.

Virginia Tech student and Roanoke resident Morgan Harrington's disappearance from a Charlottesville concert in October has been widely reported.

Two others have recently been reported missing from Lynchburg, he said.

Cassandra Ann Morton, 23, was last seen in Lynchburg on Oct. 10. A student at Lynchburg College from Pittsylvania County also was reported missing recently, the sheriff said.

Lynchburg Police Department spokesman Capt. Al Thomas said city detectives and county investigators are scheduled to meet this morning.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #839 on: December 01, 2009, 06:32:07 AM »

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/228241

Tuesday, December 01, 2009
Authorities: Campbell County Body likely not Harrington's

By Rex Bowman | The Roanoke Times

A body found Sunday on Candler Mountain in Campbell County probably is a female, but also is probably not missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, authorities said Monday.

The body was taken to the state medical examiner's office in Roanoke for an autopsy, the results of which could be known today, said Capt. L.T. Guthrie of the Campbell County Sheriff's Office.

Guthrie said a resident of the area found the badly decomposed body about 4 p.m. Sunday in a wooded area off Camp Hydaway Road. "Some efforts had been made to conceal the body," Guthrie said. The body lay beneath a pile of brush.

The clothes found with the body are those of a female, Guthrie said, though the advanced decomposition makes it difficult to determine the body's gender.

The clothes, Guthrie added, did not match the description of those worn by Harrington when she disappeared from a rock concert in Charlottesville on Oct. 17. Harrington, 20, was last seen wearing a black T-shirt, black miniskirt , black boots and black tights, with a Swarovski crystal necklace made up of large crystal chain links.

Guthrie said investigators have "no reason to believe" the body is Harrington's. Candler Mountain is roughly 65 miles south of Charlottesville.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.