March 18, 2024, 08:23:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748480 times)
Roxie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #900 on: December 16, 2009, 11:54:33 AM »

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11686077
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #901 on: December 16, 2009, 12:00:21 PM »

Thanks Roxie!

December 16, 2009
State troopers search I-64 in Morgan Harrington case

On October 17, Morgan Harrington went missing from outside a Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville.
Virginia State Police are now searching an area of Interstate 64 just west of Charlottesville where they're looking for any clues in the case of missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington.

It was two months ago, October 17th, that the 20 year old went missing from outside a Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville. She was last seen on the Copley Road Bridge not far from the stadium at approximately 9:30 that night, police said.

About a dozen state troopers are now canvassing the median and areas near Interstate 64 just west of Charlottesville between mileposts 112 and 114, according to Corinne Gellar, the State Police Spokesperson.   That is the area between the Charlottesville and Crozet exits.

Gellar said the search was not prompted by any new leads.  She said police periodically conduct searches just to make sure that nothing has been missed.

Harrington went to Northside High School in Roanoke County and graduated from Lord Botetourt High school.  She is a junior at Virginia Tech studying to become a teacher.  Harrington's parents, Dan and Gil Harrington live in Roanoke County.

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11686077

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #902 on: December 16, 2009, 12:38:40 PM »

New Blink post:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/12/16/morgan-harrington-case-virginia-state-police-on-new-search/

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #903 on: December 16, 2009, 01:18:15 PM »

Thanks Roxie! 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #904 on: December 16, 2009, 01:18:49 PM »

ThanksLovin'!   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #905 on: December 16, 2009, 01:24:43 PM »

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/local/article/state_police_searching_i64_median_in_connection_with_morgan_harrington_case/68831/
Home > News> Local
State Police searching I64 median in connection with Morgan Harrington case
WSLS NEWS STAFF
Published: December 16, 2009
State Police are searching a grassy median on Interstate 64 outside of Charlottesville Wednesday morning.
They say approximately a dozen troopers and investigators are walking the median as part of the ongoing Morgan Harrington case.
The area they are searching is between milemarker 112 and 114.
State Police say this is a routine search and was not prompted by any particular tip or lead.
They say in cases like Morgan’s, it’s common practice for law enforcement to return to areas potentially relevant to an ongoing investigation and re-examine them.
They say, so far nothing of any importance to the case has been discovered.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #906 on: December 16, 2009, 01:27:18 PM »

http://www.antimusic.com/news/09/dec/15Stone_Temple_Pilots_Almost_Done_With_New_Album-_Kings_of_Leon_On_Hold-_Rage_Against_Simon_Cowell_Plan_Working-_Free_Metal_Christmas_Album_and_more.shtml

Metallica.com had this update on Tuesday: It's been well over ten years, so we are really looking forward to heading back to Lyon, France for our first show at Halle Tony Garnier since 1996! We will be there May 23, 2010 with tickets on sale December 23, 2009. more  http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=602850

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #907 on: December 16, 2009, 01:37:59 PM »

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/79411157.html
Updated: 1:10 PM Dec 16, 2009
UPDATE: Morgan Harrington Search Along I-64 Over
State Police Call Search "Routine"
Virginia State Police on Wednesday conducted what they call a "routine" search for evidence connected to the disappearance of Morgan Harrington. Police focused on an area along I-64 in the Ivy area.
Posted: 10:34 AM Dec 16, 2009
Reporter: Jim Hanchett
Email Address: news@newsplex.com

UPDATE:

Our Newsplex photographer reports the search ended just before noon Wednesday. A State Police spokeswoman told the Newsplex no further searches are planned Wednesday. There was no indication anything of consequence turned up.

December 16, 2009

Virginia State Police Public Relations Manager, Corinne Geller, released this statement Wednesday morning:

"Virginia State Police are canvassing the grassy median strip of Interstate 64 outside of Charlottesville this morning. Approximately a dozen VSP troopers and investigators are walking the median as part of the ongoing Morgan Harrington case. The canvassing of this area between the 112 and 114 mileposts is routine investigative activity and was not prompted by any particular tip or lead. In cases like Morgan’s, it is common practice for law enforcement to return to areas potentially relevant to an ongoing investigation and re-examine them. So far, nothing of any importance has been discovered as a result of this search.

Virginia State Police on Wednesday conducted what they call a "routine" search for evidence connected to the disappearance of Morgan Harrington. Police focused on an area along I-64 in the Ivy area.

Harrington is the 20-year-old Virginia Tech student who vanished on October 17th while attending a Metallica concert at John Paul Jones Arena at the University of Virginia.

Police said no new information about Harrington's disappearance had surfaced to motivate this latest search. It is, though, the first visible sign of police activity in the case in weeks.

As CBS19 first reported last week, State Police continue to get tips about Harrington and follow them up and continue to devote whatever resources they find necessary to the case.

The Ivy location of this latest search squares with some of the information that has already surfaced about the case. If Harrington had found a ride from the arena back to Roanoke, her hometown, or back to Harrisonburg where she had met friends prior to the concert, her travels would have taken her along I-64 and the Ivy area.

That is also one of the first wooded areas a driver would reach after leaving the general area of the concert. Police say Harrington was trying to hitch a ride when she was last spotted on the Copeley Road bridge near the arena. It is a reasonably quick drive from the bridge to Ivy Road to Route 29 to I-64 westbound.

We welcome your comments on this story.
video at link.

~ Peter Frampton
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #908 on: December 16, 2009, 02:10:06 PM »

Haven't posted here before but have been glued to Blink's site following this case. So sad and frustrating.

Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you, Morgan. I hope you get home soon.

I remember you, Caylee.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #909 on: December 16, 2009, 02:31:51 PM »

Interesting, thank-you
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #910 on: December 16, 2009, 04:44:50 PM »

I am not completely savvy about this case - I have been spending most of my time in the Elizabeth Olten;s forum but this case freaks me out. I am close to her age and am always worried something like this will happen to someone I know. I am not old enough to lechture 20 year old but WHY IN YOUR RIGHT MIND WOULD YOU HITCHHIKE!! My parents would ground me even though I am 22!! haha So sad that a mistake like that could take her life Sad Poor girl and poor family. I know the holidays must be hard for them so everyone keep them in their prayers!!!

welcome louisiana! your picture is adorable!!! i am close to that age too, im 24... i doubt she actually was hitch hiking, it just doesnt sound right.  also, i saw that your signature is about eve carson, that was such a horrible situation Sad
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #911 on: December 16, 2009, 04:47:46 PM »

i wonder why they suddenly chose to search this area today and why the ended at noon. i know they said its not being searched bc of a new tip, but maybe they had old info about this area and now have a poi they could be focusing on that led them back to this area?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #912 on: December 16, 2009, 05:07:34 PM »

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/state_regional/article/state_police_searching_i64_median_in_connection_with_morgan_harrington_case/68831/
State Police search I-64 median in connection with Morgan Harrington case
WSLS News Staff
news@wsls.com
4:57 p.m.

By Media General News Service

Virginia State Police searched a two-mile stretch of Interstate 64 in Albemarle County this morning for evidence in the disappearance of Virginia Tech student Morgan Dana Harrington.

About a dozen troopers spent a couple of hours searching along a median between mile markers 112 and 114, said state police spokeswoman Corinne Geller. The troopers were not acting on a specific tip, and their search turned up nothing useful to the case.

Harrington disappeared Oct. 17 after she was separated from friends while attending a Metallica concert at the University of Virginia’s John Paul Jones Arena. Someone matching Harrington’s description was spotted hitchhiking that evening along a bridge near the arena.

The stretch of I-64 searched by troopers today is just west of Charlottesville.

“We wanted to go back and recanvass that area,“ Geller said.

Authorities have received about 600 leads in the case.
——-

11:57 a.m.

State Police are searching a grassy median on Interstate 64 outside of Charlottesville Wednesday morning.

They say approximately a dozen troopers and investigators are walking the median as part of the ongoing Morgan Harrington case.

The area they are searching is between milemarker 112 and 114.

State Police say this is a routine search and was not prompted by any particular tip or lead.

They say in cases like Morgan’s, it’s common practice for law enforcement to return to areas potentially relevant to an ongoing investigation and re-examine them.

They say, so far nothing of any importance to the case has been discovered.

~ Peter Frampton
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #913 on: December 16, 2009, 05:14:09 PM »

For Morgan ~  an angelic monkey ~ http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Morga

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #914 on: December 17, 2009, 08:33:16 AM »

http://www2.newsadvance.com/lna/news/state_regional/article/i-64_search_related_to_missing_student_case_no_new_information_found/22402/
I-64 search related to missing student case; no new information found
WSLS
State Police are searching a grassy median on Interstate 64 outside of Charlottesville today in connection with a Virginia Tech student missing since Oct. 17.

About a dozen troopers and investigators were walking along the median between mile markers 112 and 114. The search is connected to the case of Morgan Harrington, who was last seen at a Metallica concert in Charlottesville.

The search is routine and was not prompted by any particular tip or lead, police said.

Police said it’s common practice for law enforcement to return to areas relevant to an ongoing investigation and re-examine them.

Nothing new of any importance to the case has been discovered, police said.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #915 on: December 17, 2009, 08:35:02 AM »

Prayers for Morgan.  an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #916 on: December 17, 2009, 10:08:06 AM »

http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/12/17/police-highway-metallica-fan/
Police Comb Highway Area for Missing Metallica Fan Morgan Harrington
Posted on Dec 17th 2009 9:00AM by Chris Harris
Today makes it two months since Morgan Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student, went missing from a Metallica concert in Charlottesville, Va., and on Dec. 16, Virginia state police searched a grassy area along Interstate 64 in Charlottesville, looking for clues that might bring them closer to the truth about Morgan's mysterious disappearance.

According to reports, a contingent of about a dozen troopers and investigators were walking along the median between mile markers 112 and 114, and told reporters that the search was connected with the Harrington case. Police claim the search was routine and not prompted by any new tips or leads.

Virginia State Police spokesperson Corrine Geller claims troopers were re-canvassing the area after searching it last month, and that searches are periodically conducted to make sure nothing had been missed.

Geller says the search turned up nothing useful to the case. Since her disappearance, police have received more than 600 tips about the Morgan Harrington case. Morgan hasn't been seen since Oct. 17 while attending a Metallica concert at the University of Virginia's John Paul Jones Arena. Harrington got separated from her friends, and ended up outside the arena, which has a no re-entry policy. Someone matching Harrington's description was last seen hitchhiking along a nearby bridge, wearing a Pantera T-shirt, a black mini-skirt and black boots.

A benefit concert for the Harringtons is planned for this weekend.

Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo said in a recent interview that he hopes Morgan is returned safely. "I was crushed," Trujillo said about learning of Harrington's disappearance; he added that the case has been ever-present on the band members' minds. "Stuff like this just really, really bums me out, especially when you are a parent and you have children. I mean, it's the worst thing that you could ever imagine. And of course, you know, we're all hoping for the best and just praying that she's alive. It really hit a sour chord with us and bummed us out."

~ Peter Frampton
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #917 on: December 17, 2009, 02:58:28 PM »

Two Months Since Morgan Harrington's Disappearance

Friends of missing 20-year-old Morgan Harrington often use the words heartbreaking and surreal when speaking of her disappearance.

Posted: 1:44 PM Dec 17, 2009
Reporter: Ed Drantch
Email Address: edrantch@whsv.com

Friends of missing 20-year-old Morgan Harrington often use the words heartbreaking and surreal when speaking of her disappearance.

Harrington disappeared from a Metallica concert in Charlottesville two months ago Thursday.

Many of her friends are trying to draw attention to her story.

"That first Friday, when it had been a week, I was just like, 'Oh my God, where is she, why has she not been back yet,'" says Donn Booker, one of Harrington's friends.

Booker has spent two months wondering where the Virginia Tech student is.

"I don't know what to think and I don't know why it's taken so long. Morgan is a sweet girl and with the time passing, I don't want people to forget about her," says Booker.

Even after investigators searched areas of interest like along Interstate 64, they've found no clues. That leaves family members and friends asking questions and feeling frustrated.

"It's just hard. I'm one of those people that analyze and I need answers," says Booker. "In order for me to continue coping, I just am running through the possibilities and wondering why."

As the Harringtons continue their search this holiday season, the Bookers will be brought together, stronger than before.

"This Christmas for me, I'm going to hold the people that I love dearly and family members close to me because you never know what could happen to anybody," says Booker.

Virginia State Police says anyone with information should call 434-352-3467.

LINK

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #918 on: December 17, 2009, 03:08:17 PM »

Statement from "Skyler" at BOC regarding events that took place on the night Morgan went missing and what she may have witnessed.  She drove her teenage son to the concert and she went to a movie to kill some time.  Here is her recolection of events.  Blink working with this and another Charlottesville local to put this statement together to form a timeline:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/11/20/morgan-harrington-case-separating-fact-from-fiction-from-facebook-part-ii/#comment-1523296

Comment by skyler — December 17, 2009 @ 12:15 pm
Hi, Blink — I’m just reading your post this AM.

also, you have to understand, I have no sense of direction — I used to do a lot of work in Charlottesville, and could navigate pretty easily before, but it had been eight years since I had been into the city and everything had changed — i’d never been to jpj before — so I can describe “landmarks” but someone who is local, or maybe if you can coordinate w/ Google maps, can tell you exactly where I was — some of this is redundant, some of it has no bearing — I am going to include everything — every memory of that day — and please, edit at will —

I had mapquested the directions. We arrived in Charlottesville around 3:30, taking the airport exit off 64 west. There was a lot of traffic on the roadway — we had to wait thru seeral clicks of stop lights. The boys wanted to arrive early because sometimes Metallica does a “meet and greet” w/ fans prior to the show. I stopped at a Wachovia bankk and used the ATM — because of the traffic we had difficulty getting back into the flow of traffic.

While we were waiting to turn right at a stoplight, a large white bus turned left from the opposite lane. I remakred to the boys: there goes Metallica. They said, no, Metallica has their own private jet; they would NEVER ride a bus.

I turned into Massie Rd. from Emmet, at the T-intersection, Massie runs parallel to the arena. There were people milling around. I passed a couple of side streets on the left — I was looking for a drop off point to let the boys out — There were signs omn all of the streets which said: either reserved parking or VIP parking. When I purchased the tickets, I had the option of purchasing reserved parking. I turned left with basically just the nose of my car. I noticed there was a sheltered bus stop w/ a bench. Immediately people came toward the car. The closest was an older woman, in khaki pants and a navy nylon jacket — her jacket was open and the wind was catching the sides as she walked. She had a black walkie in her right hand. I indicated that I was just dropping the boys off, and she smiled and nodded then turned around and I didn’t see her again — there were a lot of people in the parking lots who appeared to be working there. It was cold and had been spitting rain since about 30 mins. prior to C’ville. The boys had their jackets, but at the last min. ditched them into the backseat. by then it was around 4:20. I turned right at the light on Emmet, then drove straight until I saw a little apt. complex w/ parking on the left. I pulled into the little parking area to make sure I had the other kid’s phone # programmed correctly in my phone. I happened to glance up, and I saw the haulers for the band at the garage on Emmet, which was up a little incline. I decided to go and take pictures for my son. I walked up the little incline, and there was a young man sitting in a folding chair. I asked him if I could take pix of the haulers. By this point, off to the right, was a little group of people — an older male surrounded by young people around my son’s age — they were clearly fans. The attendant told me he couldn’t stop me from taking pix, but I couldn’t go past the rope — so I took all kinds of pix and noticed at the lower end of the area were the white buses, containing Metallica, and probably the other bands — I thought to myself: private jet, indeed. At that point, one of the band members from LOG wearing camo cargo shorts and his legs were fully tattooed walked up to me and the parking guy and said: which way do I go to “see something” — I said: aren’t you the LOG guy and he freaked and said: no pix, no pix like four times — I didn’t care — LOG is from Richmond I wasn’t impressed. The parking kid looked at me like this is this dude’s brain on metal and said: what do you mean, “see soemthing” — You know, something. He told him to turn right, and the Log dude trotted down the hill — last I saw of him. I took a lot of pix, but didn’t hit “save” and so none turned out —

I got back in my car and purposely turned right into the UVA campus. It’s a beautiful school, designed by T. jefferson. There were kids out, and a large tent set up for obviously a wedding. I drove up past the observatory — the views of the mmountains are glorious. There was a church on the right, selling pumpkins. If you bought a pumpkin, you could park free for the concert. Also in my little drive, there were parents clustered around either an elementary or pre-school — some had lawn tools, others a can of paint — it may have even been connected to a church — I don’t know — but obvious parents doing maintenance — kids were in attendance, too — on my last drive thru the campus, I passed a charter bus that said: wedding party

I drove downtown to the pedestrian mall, parked in one of the parking garages. At this point it had stopped raining and so I left the umbrella in the car. but it was cold — we had left our cameras at home because the jpj person told me no cameras allowed — I’m a girl who follows the rules — so I stopped into the cvs and picked up a couple of magazines and a disposible camera — I wanted to take a picture of the boys in front of the arena — I talked to my son at least twice — once when I parked — he told me he was waiting to get in; that they were not going to open the doors until 6 or 6:30 — I asked him if they were freezing and he said no, there were lots of people by that time and they were just hanging out — I had packed a picnic and soda in a cooler, but they declined the food but took drinks w/ them — I asked him if he was hungry — mom questions — No — I called him after I bought the cameras and asked him if he wanted me to drive back to take their pictures — he told me he’d rather be dead — or words to that effect —

julia and julie was playing, and I bought a ticket and asked if I could come in early because the weather was so bad — they didn’t care. I bought popcorn and a drink and sat in the lobby reading my little christmas magazine — I talked to my son again, and by this time they were inside the arena —

the move was over around 9 — I stopped at the bathroom on my way out — the car was parked about four or five blocks away and a couple blocks up from the movie theatre, it started to pour really hard — I was drenched — by the time I got back to the car — I have a silver SUV — I was soaking wet and freezing. I had a heavier sweater in the car, put that on and started the car to turn on the heater — I called my kid — he answered his phone — both Gijora and LOG had finished, and they were waiting for Metallica to take the stage — he told me they had not once sat in their seats and were standing right up against the “cage” — which apparently there was a fenced off area w/ a little gate and there were large body guards — his word — posted around the stage — he had been talking to this one “dude” bouncer and he was about to wet his pants he was so excited. He and Alex had gotten something to eat — he had been texting a friend who was inside the concert, but on one of the tiers, not the floor — they had seen each other — A had left his phone in his jacket pocket — he has a razor and the thing will buzz when you have messages waiting — it buzzed in the back seat and I almost wet my pants it startled me so —

I left the parking garage around 9:10 — and here I get helplessly lost — I know I drove thru the campus at least once because the wedding tent had been taken down and it was obvious the people were in final clean up stages — it had stopped pouring rain; however, it was still raining/misting enough that I had my full w/s wipers on — not intermittent — it was at this point I drove over the Copley bridge the first time and turned the wrong way — passed the 7-11 everyone keeps talking about — there was no one on that bridge — because there had been students out on the campus sidewalk and one young girl — alone — in shorts and a sweat shirt which was open and she was jogging and I was thinking: what IS she thinking — there was a kid on a bike w/ a backpack and I was thinking he was spending his sat. night studying — there were 3 girls walking between buildings — they didn’t have on coats but looked huddled together and I remember thinking I wouldn’t have worn a coat at that age, either — they do not fit Morgan’s description — one had dark dark hair and was heavyset –she was on the outside closest to the street —

I did not realize that Emmet Rd and 29 were the same — I also did not realized that had I stayed straight on Copeley it would have taken me out to Massie Rd — I turned onto Copeley from Ivy — drove across that bridge — no one on the bridge — had to turn around — drove across it again — still no one on it —

at some point, and I cannot tell you when — it was after I had driven thru the University campus, though — I got down to where 29 intersects w/ 64 — because I remember now, I thought if I turned on this little road it would take me around and instead it took me onto 64, and I remember thinking: well that didn’t seem like an interstate exit — and this is where I encountered the car on the side of 64 — headed west —

the car was a sedan — not a SUV — it’s not a compact — but not huge like cadillac — it was dark in color — but by now it’s starting to rain and the night was just black — it is my belief it is a 4 door because — what appeared to be a tallish male was standing on the shoulder bent over the w/ his head inside the car and it seems to me the back passenger door and the front passenger doors were opened — I believe there was more than 1 person inside — but I can definitely say there was at least 1 person inside — because it looked like they were talking — I thought — they should be more pulled over than that — I did not expect a car to be there and kind of had to go around them a little — and my second thought — what a crummy night to break down — the tailights were lit, but I don’t remember if they were flashing or a turn signal — but they were on — the interior dome light of the car was on — I want to say that the male had an unbuttoned coat on because it was hanging down — his hands were on the roff of the caar w/ his head bent inside the back seat — at no point did I see the front of the car — only the taillights — and they didn’t appear to go up and down — my car has a three-light verticle tower for the taillights — this was a sedan and the lights were horizontal

I took the next exit and went over the overpass got back on 64 east and took the rt 29 exit — at some point I realzed it was Emmet st and instead of turning on Ivy as I had been doing, I stayed straight and understood where I was — I pulled into the EconoLodge parking —

the “office” area is kind of in the middle — the door was open and there was a lone male sitting on what looked like a stool — I pulled to the back to look for a place to park, but the lot was full — there was nothing on the bottom, either — and it was a tight fit — I had to turn around to get out, but I had to back up and pull forward a couple of times to do it - I parked on the side facing the Panda Palace restaurant, near the top — I pulled in beside a red sports car — like a camera/firebird type car — in a spot that said: reserved for panda palace customers ONLY — I was a bit squirmish doing it — Metallica was obviousliy on stage by this point — I got A’s phone and called his parents — I looked at his phone to see if I could get it to stop beeping and saw “dad” called several times — so I got their voice mail and left a message to tell them all was well — by that point it was about 9:40 because I was concerned it was late and maybe they had gone to bed already —

2 events which I remember happening — 1, a male who sounded to be on the sidewalk in front of EconoLodge stopped to listen to the music for about three songs — after each song he cheered –

2nd event — people came to the rear of the parking lot — at least two because they were talking — like Granny, I scootched down — not because I was afraid because I was illegally parked ! — Finally, the last song played, the last cheers were heard — at that point I called my boy — it was around 11:10 PM, if I recall — he said the concert was great — I told him where I was parked — he said they were making them wait until the upper tiers evacuated — about 15 mins. later people from the concert started to arrive back to the hotel — there was a party in one of the rooms facing the upper rear parking lot — near where I was parked — I could hear happy voices of people and someone turned on a stereo or music — the occupants of the red car — a male and female — came and left — I moved my car to the mid part of the lot, wherethe office was — but then a car pulled out of the spot beside panda palace, and I pulled in — called my son again to tell him where I was and he said they were still waiting to leave — after 30 mins. I was starting to panic, but then he called me at 11:42 — he was outside, he could see the car — I turned the flashers on — but I couldn’t see him until I finally saw them on the sidewalk — while I was waiting at the front, taxis were pulling up and as fast as one pulled up, people piled in — i was thinking because it was so cold and wet they probably didn’t want to walk back to their cars or their hotel — there were a lot of police cars everywhere and i was very impressed by how quickly the traffic was thinning out — when the boys got back to the car around 11:45, we saw an ambulance go thru — but the hospital is down Emmet , so it made sense —

I did not have to wait in traffic — I had to turn left, and a car let me out — we were back on 64 headed east just outside of C’vlle by midnight —

that is the sum total of everything I know —

and just as an aside, my friend said the same thing as you — I wasn’t meant to save Morgan — but maybe help w/ timelines — my son’s friend was parked at the house where he lives, and we dropped him off and then drove to my house which is about 45 mins. away — my son stayed with me a couple of days — when we heard about Morgan, I think Monday, on Tuesday morning I called the tip line with the scant info I had — the person who was standing beside my son emailed him the pix she took — we looked thru those, because he said he thought he saw her — but I think he saw Dee — because she walked across the floor in one of the videos — and in a strange quirk, my laptop has broken, so I took his and his screen saver is a picture of James Hetfield, led singer, strutting on the stage from that night —

I know this is long — sorry — edit it all you like —

You do amazing amazing work –

Skyler, I am posting this because I know many on here wish to review it. I am jammed on other casework through this evening, but I asked Local and others on here that know the area to see it we can plot your timeline with an actual map. My first thought though, is where you saw the car, isn’t that exactly where was searched yesterday?

Can you remember anything else about the guy you saw? You have amazing recall.
Great Work. I read this and felt like I was watching your evening in a snowglobe, or rainglobe as it were.
B

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #919 on: December 17, 2009, 05:24:28 PM »

Wow, Skyler has a wonderful memory, so detailed, I'm shocked she remembered all that. I sure hope this helps with a timeline.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.